VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mole/freckle beneath the left eye immediately stood out to me in the photos. I kind of wondered why nobody mentioned it but then thought that maybe it was so obvious that it wasn't worth mentioning. :shush:

IIRC, FA said one of the sightings described the handler as "Colombian". Is he one in the sketches? I can't remember. If so, do we know why Colombia wasn't one of the possible places Amy might be?

co-map.gif

Interesting article on one of the world's largest brothels in Curacao.

SBM:
Curacao’s X-Rated Resort

Curacao brochures and press releases trumpet the Caribbean island’s location outside the hurricane belt, its 30 beaches, modern hotels, year-round 80-degree temperatures, ethnic and cultural diversity, quaint pastel downtown buildings and proximity to Venezuela.

What they don’t tell you about is the hush-hush Campo Alegre Resort, which is one of the world’s largest brothels. Think Amsterdam and its swinging, legal red-light district, and you’ll get the picture of this Dutch island’s little secret.

Ask any crew member on the hundreds of ships that annually drop anchor in Curacao as to where his colleagues go to relax and unwind, and the privately-owned Campo Alegre (Spanish for “Camp Happiness”) will be the answer you’re likely to get.

For more than 50 years, it has been a legally operated sexual oasis for wandering males and adventuresome tourists.

http://global-writes.com/2009/08/curacaos-x-rated-resort.html

I'm thinking the Bradley's may have chosen that particular hotel because they had learned that it was a "brothel type" hotel. Maybe they were hoping to find Amy, or at least a clue to her disappearance there.

Originally posted by FindAmy 07-27-2012:

Right, I agree.

But, the SAME DAY as Amy's disappearance?

WHO told the Bradley's about THAT hotel?

WHO else knew they were there?

The information that Bradley's were at/sent to THAT hotel was not kept confidential, obviously.

Very, very strange, IMO.

The picture recently posted is NOT Amy. If something has been removed by WS, please don't re-post it.

The mole/freckle beneath the left eye immediately stood out to me in the photos. I kind of wondered why nobody mentioned it but then thought that maybe it was so obvious that it wasn't worth mentioning. :shush:

Everything is worth mentioning. :moo: :)

Right, I agree.

But, the SAME DAY as Amy's disappearance?

WHO told the Bradley's about THAT hotel?

WHO else knew they were there?

The information that Bradley's were at/sent to THAT hotel was not kept confidential, obviously.

Very, very strange, IMO.

Maybe because it was the closest hotel to the ship? It says in the article "They were close enough to throw a stone and hit it. Their stateroom was the only one that was dark."

I would like to know if there is a specific investigator to call in Interpol regarding Amy's case... Does anybody know?

I would like to know if there is a specific investigator to call in Interpol regarding Any's case... Does anybody know?

Not very helpful but this is what it says on their website. If you click on the link it takes you to this:

Send a message to INTERPOL
Missing persons

WARNING! - The contents of your message, as well as your contact details, may be used by police services in one or more Interpol member countries. However, if you request confidentiality, the information from your message may be communicated to police services in one or more Interpol member countries but your contact details will not be disclosed to these police services.

==

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Your national or local police
General Secretariat of INTERPOL

http://www.interpol.int/Missing-Per...s=amy&current_age_mini=0&current_age_maxi=100

Just tossing out some sleuthing results ...

The AAV 415 Concession St addy in Hamilton has/had a couple of businesses connected to it, one being a mailbox company, but another being Taylor Motor Sales, used car dealership (their company sign is to the left in the streetview picture). The business doesn't look uber-prosperous, but a trail on the telephone number associated with it connects to a DT who happens to live at an upscale, single family(?) residence on Mountain Park Av that is either for sale or has sold, to the tune of $2.5 million. Dunno, maybe the used car business in Hamilton has been a-boomin'

It gets a bit more strange because that same address is associated with another(?) person, initials OH, whose phone number tracks to various Hamilton room rental addys available to students, and an email addy that tracks to a 2010 ad for a spa/resort apartment for sale in Hajduszoboszlo (not a typo and no, the cat did NOT walk across my keyboard ;)) Hungary for $12 million USD. Other than the town/city in Hungary, can't find an address there.

ETA: Ad for Hungarian apt is at http://translate.google.ca/translat...a=X&ei=9o5gUIiTJaKWiQLH9IDgAw&ved=0CD8Q7gEwBQ

So far, haven't been able to reverse check that European phone number, but not sure how to type it correctly.

Caveat to myself and others: It is possible the two names are unrelated to each other, given that the property was listed for sale ... don't know who sold to who and when.

Thanks SillyBilly. I'm talking about a direct contact person though. :)

My head is seriously fried here ... i don't know what you mean. Spell it out for me, JG :)

You want a direct contact person for who/what ?? Do you mean who owns the Concession St property? Let me know.

Damn, did i just spend the last 3 days reinventing the flippin' wheel ?? :banghead::floorlaugh::back:

I feel like an idiot because I don't think the photo AB and "our" AB resemble each other at all, and I think I must be the only one!

My head is seriously fried here ... i don't know what you mean. Spell it out for me, JG :)

You want a direct contact person for who/what ?? Do you mean who owns the Concession St property? Let me know.

I believe Jersey meant to thank nt for the interpol info and named you instead. :)

I'm a little confused, since we are in the Parking Lot, are able to bring up things we were asked not to bring up before?

I might have missed something, has there been verified information that Amy has been incontact with the family by phone?

I feel like an idiot because I don't think the photo AB and "our" AB resemble each other at all, and I think I must be the only one!

Have to factor in 14 year of aging. Not sure the left ear matches up though. Sure is eery, given same name. I just can't see our Amy slotting into a hobby as fluffy as quilting.

I would think since this is a business her parents would have gone there if they thought it was Amy. It is a striking resemblence though.

Have to factor in 14 year of aging. Not sure the left ear matches up though. Sure is eery, given same name. I just can't see our Amy slotting into a hobby as fluffy as quilting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member