Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else that won't go away...
Regarding the confirmed San Francisco sighting of Amy: She was allegedly seen out in a very populated, very public place in the U.S. with the two men. I just keep thinking that could have been a prime opportunity for her to do something, scream rape and run comes to mind, something to escape and bring about her rescue.

So is she no longer motivated to escape, has she accepted her situation as inescapable, has she resigned herself to live the life she's been living for the past 14 years ? Also wonder if this could this be one of the factors that RC used when they claimed she was not being held under duress.

It's possible that nothing untoward happened to Amy on the cruise ship.

How about this for a possible scenario:

She does indeed meet up with either Alister Douglas or another crew member for an early coffee. Wanting to impress her, and knowing she would like to either watch the ship docking OR get off the ship early, they show her how to disembark via a crew exit/cargo exit - as a 'favour' for a pretty girl they like.

Amy figures there is no harm in briefly going onto land, maybe buying a coffee on Curacao, or buying some new sandals or something. Possibly THEN on Curacao, early that morning before anyone else disembarks, something happens to her - actually on Curacao.

This might explain why the cruise line is so unhelpful - maybe they find out that one of THEIR staff members broke the rules by allowing a passenger to exit the ship too early?

If this scenario is the accurate one, then Amy was the victim of a crime/abduction of opportunity - she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. i.e. Alone on Curacao.

PROBLEM WITH THIS SCENARIO:

The one problem I see with this theory is that we then have to believe it was a huge coincidence that Amy's pics went missing aboard the ship. However, it is possible. Maybe one of the 'creepy' waiters or even Alister Douglas stole the pics because they had a 'crush' etc on Amy......?

i've always felt like the missing pics could be a case of being blinded by hindsight. we know amy was kidnapped so the missing pics seem like a red flag but maybe in reality those pictures go missing all the time or don't always print or whatever. it's like when you ride a roller coaster at an amusement park. they have a camera that takes a picture of every rider and you can purchase yours if you want. i'm sure sometimes the pictures don't print out or whatever and it doesn't seem like a big conspiracy, however if you went missing from a rollercoaster and they couldn't find your picture it'd seem like something was amiss even if it wasn't. my 2 cents etc.

BBM

amy had a boyfriend back home. maybe she didn't wan to explain to her brother that she was going to go meet another man? maybe she didn't want him to know. maybe her brother didn't like yellow from the previous night or he thought bad about amy dancing with yellow. i could see many reasons why amy wouldn't tell her brother about meeting someone.

could be, but still we have a scenario where her parents have at least some level of concern about crewmembers and people on the ship being creepy towards her. additionally she had no problem dancing with the guy at the club in front of her brother. she's a smart girl, i just don't see her going for an innocent coffee with the guy and not telling anyone unless something else was going on. she could have even just made up a story like "im going to watch the ship dock in an hour and get coffee" or left a note like "brb getting coffee". i just don't know how you'd leave the room without letting anyone know unless it was either a) important that no one know you're leaving or b) you thought you'd be gone two minutes (which precludes going to meet someone).

I have to disagree with this.

You would think that one would NOT have their real name associated with such sites, but, it has been proven to be true, for example Z.

how has z's name been proven to be real? afaik we haven't been able to find the guy anywhere.

i've always felt like the missing pics could be a case of being blinded by hindsight. we know amy was kidnapped so the missing pics seem like a red flag but maybe in reality those pictures go missing all the time or don't always print or whatever. it's like when you ride a roller coaster at an amusement park. they have a camera that takes a picture of every rider and you can purchase yours if you want. i'm sure sometimes the pictures don't print out or whatever and it doesn't seem like a big conspiracy, however if you went missing from a rollercoaster and they couldn't find your picture it'd seem like something was amiss even if it wasn't. my 2 cents etc.

Waitasec... It was reported that the photographer was told to get rid of any pictures that Amy was in. This was something that caught the attention of Chris Fenwick & that's why he got his tapes together for Amy's family. He thought maybe he could help, maybe Amy would be in some of his film, yada yada. So he reviewed the film & sure enough Amy was in it...

If Amy were being used as a "breeder" or "keeper" of children, where would you start looking for information on that?

the only way the breeder/black market baby angle makes sense to me is it could explain why she was in san francisco (if you're moving a child around it's less suspicious if you have someone who looks like the mother).

could be, but still we have a scenario where her parents have at least some level of concern about crewmembers and people on the ship being creepy towards her. additionally she had no problem dancing with the guy at the club in front of her brother. she's a smart girl, i just don't see her going for an innocent coffee with the guy and not telling anyone unless something else was going on. she could have even just made up a story like "im going to watch the ship dock in an hour and get coffee" or left a note like "brb getting coffee". i just don't know how you'd leave the room without letting anyone know unless it was either a) important that no one know you're leaving or b) you thought you'd be gone two minutes (which precludes going to meet someone).

Was she dancing with Alister in front of Brad? I know it was reported that Amy & Brad went to the disco/lounge together, but it was also reported that Brad was dancing when Amy went to the 2nd level (something like that)...but in the video I only saw Amy - not Brad - & she was on the 1st level of the disco/lounge area...

I dont think Amy was abducted for adoptions ...

Whatever happened , happened for a very big (and unknown) reason ...

I feel that (via verified poster) if the pictures of her (brothel) are indeed her , then they were made as a "taunt" ... as well as the family being photographed by the "captors/associates"

That statement made by FA leads me to believe that if LE can link the photographers (who FA stated were confirmed to be linked yet never caught , and used a rental car.) to a "group" , then they must know who the group is.

LE can't link 2 unidentified people taking pictures at the family's home to the "captors" , unless they know who the captors are.

You can't "confirm" people to be linked to a "group" , unless you know there is a group / or you caught the photographers (which didn't happen).

Very strange case , I just try and read between the lines ...

in all fairness FA confusingly used the term "confirmed" a lot when i think "investigated" would have been a better word.

i also don't think the adult site pictures were a taunt. if you're trying to taunt them why not email the hotmail address the pics or mail them to their house instead of posting them on a crappy amateur website and letting them sit for a year or two before some random person notices them? doesn't make sense imo. (also imo those pics aren't her).

Regarding the confusing and what appears to be conflicting statements reportedly made by the Bradley's in the various interviews -

I really don't think that we can take whatever the Bradley's state in these interviews to be fact. The thing is, I would think they would say whatever needs to be said in order to protect Amy and/or to do their best to steer the investigation in the desired direction, whatever that may be.

We don't know what is going on in the case at the time these interviews are being conducted, which imo, makes all the difference in the world.

That may mean that the Bradley's deny that the photos are of Amy, whether it is her or not, or it may be concerning who is or who is not involved, or it could be any number of other things as well.

I just believe it's all about what will help, versus what will hinder the investigation. It's all about finding their daughter and it's all about trying to keep their daughter safe. It has little if anything to do with releasing factual information on the investigation to the public, that is the least of their concerns, imo.

In fact if the Bradley's want to keep Amy's captors offguard, which is what I would want to do if it were my daughter, I would do whatever I could to manipulate the information released to the public in order to get the desired results ... perhaps even releasing information that is different from what is actually known. Because why would they want those who hold power over Amy to know what they and / or what the FBI knows, which would only give these criminals the upper hand. Actually, isn't this more or less standard procedure in criminal investigations such as this, at least to some degree?

simple answer could also be that their opinion of certain things changed in fourteen years. they didn't think the adult pics were her at first but changed their minds after a while (if it's the only possible evidence you have your daughter might be alive it would take a strong person to be objective when looking at those pics). jmo

I was just going to post basically the same thing.

For me I have three options right now (I still think this case comes back to human trafficking, but I'm not married to the theory):

1) A targeted abduction for that particular morning while they dock in Curacao. They had to get her OUT of that room and know she was coming out. Otherwise, they lose their chance. She would most likely be w/ her family, or her brother at a minimum for the rest of the day and evening. So they had to make a plan w/ her. If they made a plan ("let's meet up for coffee..."), I think it's possible she didn't want her brother and parents to know what she was doing. Brothers are protective, he might not want her wandering off at 6am with strangers, even on the ship. This means the cruise employees are complicit in human trafficking, and I have no problem believing that could be true.

2) She was targeted during the cruise and her coming out of the room alone offered the perfect opportunity.

3) Crime of opportunity. She came out of her room, saw someone or something she shouldn't and was taken to keep her quiet or just taken purely for human trafficking. No previous planning. Wrong place, wrong time. Sometimes we forget bad guys can exist anywhere, anytime.

Again we go around and around in circles, but it all comes back to the morning, Y and maybe the waiter, and ???. :banghead:

i agree. the simplest and most likely answer is one of those three options. you really can't count out number 3 because it does happen a lot (wrong place/wrong time).

Something else that won't go away...
Regarding the confirmed San Francisco sighting of Amy: She was allegedly seen out in a very populated, very public place in the U.S. with the two men. I just keep thinking that could have been a prime opportunity for her to do something, scream rape and run comes to mind, something to escape and bring about her rescue.

So is she no longer motivated to escape, has she accepted her situation as inescapable, has she resigned herself to live the life she's been living for the past 14 years ? Also wonder if this could this be one of the factors that RC used when they claimed she was not being held under duress.

i absolutely think she's resigned herself to her fate. who wouldn't after fourteen years? if she didn't going willingly then she had to be coerced to stay, likely by threats to her family, her friends, etc. every time i see one of these cases solved (jaycee duggard comes to mind) the victim basically says it was easier to comply than to disobey and deal with the sick punishment. at some point you just give up hope of ever being found. there's evidence from the first few sightings that she tried to get help, but again she tried sheepishly (whispering to someone for help, calmly telling someone who she was). at no point did she go nuts and start screaming for help. that says to me that she was scared of what would happen if she really tried to escape but didn't make it out.

Waitasec... It was reported that the photographer was told to get rid of any pictures that Amy was in. This was something that caught the attention of Chris Fenwick & that's why he got his tapes together for Amy's family. He thought maybe he could help, maybe Amy would be in some of his film, yada yada. So he reviewed the film & sure enough Amy was in it...

can you link me to where that's said? i believe you i just don't remember that. i thought the photographer was given the ticket by her mother and was unable to find the corresponding photos.

Was she dancing with Alister in front of Brad? I know it was reported that Amy & Brad went to the disco/lounge together, but it was also reported that Brad was dancing when Amy went to the 2nd level (something like that)...but in the video I only saw Amy - not Brad - & she was on the 1st level of the disco/lounge area...

true, no idea if brad saw her dancing or not. in either case she left the room for some reason and didn't tell anyone she was leaving. it was either to do something innocuous like grab coffee or watch the sun rise, or it was to meet someone. if it was to meet someone she obviously had enough apprehension to not mention it to her brother or to leave a note. that's always the start of a bad situation. it goes back to what chicagofa13 said - it's either targeted abduction knowing she was going to be somewhere at 6am, targeted abduction of opportunity (they wanted someone/anyone and she happened to be outside at 6am), or random encounter with a bad guy.

can you link me to where that's said? i believe you i just don't remember that. i thought the photographer was given the ticket by her mother and was unable to find the corresponding photos.

Sure thing but please give me a little time to find it. If I'm wrong ill let ya know but I specifically remember reading this.

Findamy post 134 Thread 2

Amy was wearing jewelry when she disappeared. On her right hand she was wearing a silver college ring with a black onyx. She had a silver bracelet with little turtles on it. She was also wearing a man's silver watch that her boyfriend had passed on to her.
Amy smoked Marlboro Lights and she loved Tic-Tacs.

I do believe that Brad heard Amy's voice. I'm just not sure where it was coming from. They followed a van, but she wasn't in the van. Her voice could have come from a different car, a nearby building, or a tape recording made to taunt the family. It was no secret that the Bradleys were in Willemstad looking for Amy.

I really don't get the taunting the family part

Unless she was being held hostage to get something from the family, why taunt them?

. During my short visit to see Steve in his edit suite, he casually informed me that he had been instructed by ship security to make sure that there were no images of the missing girl in his “Cruise Video”, the type of videotape that you would buy at the end of your cruise showing all the great things that you had done all week on board.

Maybe this was it? I read this on Chris blog as well

Findamy post 134 Thread 2

Amy was wearing jewelry when she disappeared. On her right hand she was wearing a silver college ring with a black onyx. She had a silver bracelet with little turtles on it. She was also wearing a man's silver watch that her boyfriend had passed on to her.
Amy smoked Marlboro Lights and she loved Tic-Tacs.

I do believe that Brad heard Amy's voice. I'm just not sure where it was coming from. They followed a van, but she wasn't in the van. Her voice could have come from a different car, a nearby building, or a tape recording made to taunt the family. It was no secret that the Bradleys were in Willemstad looking for Amy.

I really don't get the taunting the family part

Unless she was being held hostage to get something from the family, why taunt them?

is there more information about brad hearing her voice? i remember when fa posted that and i thought i had missed something but in the subsequent time reading through these threads i don't remember finding any context.

. During my short visit to see Steve in his edit suite, he casually informed me that he had been instructed by ship security to make sure that there were no images of the missing girl in his “Cruise Video”, the type of videotape that you would buy at the end of your cruise showing all the great things that you had done all week on board.

Maybe this was it? I read this on Chris blog as well

i think the videographer was asked to make sure she wasn't in his video for the obvious reason that it would be creepy. i don't think the ship photographer was asked to get rid of her pics, i think he/she just realized her pics weren't there when her mom went to purchase them/pick them up.

Findamy post 340

Snipped

Amy's photos disappeared. The photographer gave Iva a receipt and told her that he would make new pictures from the negatives. Iva still has the receipt. The photographer is not in question.

Did anyone approach the photographer after Amy disappeared to get the negatives?

here's a possible scenario. I believe at one point Amy didn't seem very excited about going on the cruise, not sure why, but what if, and it's a BIG if, the Bradleys wanted her to go to get her away from the BF? Perhaps they didn't care for him. Could Amy and the BF planned to meet in the Caribbean and she did, in fact, leave voluntarily? The realized she made a horrible mistake and can't get out of whatever situation they are in? Far fetched I know but I guess no more far fetched than anything else I suppose.

We haven't really heard much about her boyfriend back home or at least I can't find anything about him in MSM. I know it has been stated in MSM that Amy did have a boyfriend back home, but I have seen nothing about his reaction to Amy going missing like he was heart-broken, anxiously awaiting her to be found or something along those lines. I haven't seen anything in MSM other than she had a boyfriend. Was it a boyfriend from her college years, highschool years,or from where she worked or elsewhere. Did they have thoughts on living together at some point, were they recently boyfriend/girlfriend - that type of stuff. Just trying to get a sense for how committed Amy was to this boyfriend.

Has anybody come across anything in MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025