VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there more information about brad hearing her voice? i remember when fa posted that and i thought i had missed something but in the subsequent time reading through these threads i don't remember finding any context.

I think this comes from the Vanished show

how has z's name been proven to be real? afaik we haven't been able to find the guy anywhere.

I already answered this, but, you may have missed it.

It hasn't been proven. I just think he could be real, because you don't just make a name up like that, he really had nothing to hide, operating his legal business, and according to some sites mentioned here previously, according to the customer testimonials, he actually met those people.

JMO

I'm still not sold on the AAV angle and while I initially thought the photos were Amy a closer look makes me think they are not. We need to go back to the very beginning and I mean BEFORE the cruise. This all seems too premeditated or too well planned.

As for the breeder and green eyes, while to me that sound interesting there is no guarantee she would bear green eyed children. The only real way to ensure a probably outcome would be to make sure the parents are both green eyed and even then it's no guarantee.

Another thought, maybe Amy's relationship with her family wasn't what we have been lead to believe? How often do we hear in the MSM that so and so comes from a loving family etc only to find out they weren't so loving (I'm not stating this as fact, just posing a possibility) What if she just wanted to get away and doesn't want to be found or at least didn't want to be found, got into something over her head and initially tried and is now resigned to living her life without family contact?

I'm still not sold on the AAV angle and while I initially thought the photos were Amy a closer look makes me think they are not. We need to go back to the very beginning and I mean BEFORE the cruise. This all seems too premeditated or too well planned.

As for the breeder and green eyes, while to me that sound interesting there is no guarantee she would bear green eyed children. The only real way to ensure a probably outcome would be to make sure the parents are both green eyed and even then it's no guarantee.

Another thought, maybe Amy's relationship with her family wasn't what we have been lead to believe? How often do we hear in the MSM that so and so comes from a loving family etc only to find out they weren't so loving (I'm not stating this as fact, just posing a possibility) What if she just wanted to get away and doesn't want to be found or at least didn't want to be found, got into something over her head and initially tried and is now resigned to living her life without family contact?

You know, you could be corrct
But my thought is why would she need to go through such an elaborate plan?
She could very easily remove herself from her family, she was certainly legal age to do so.
She could have moved anywhere without their consent, it would be a free choice.

A new apartment, a new puppy
Seems like she was about to begin a wonderful chapter in her life

I know things aren't always at they seem...

If the Barbados sighting is verified , then Stockholm is out of the picture ... She asked for help ..

Resigned her fate doesn't make sense if she's been verified making multiple attempts seeking help.

That's why the CA sighting , tied with the others make no sense.

We don't have one fact in this case besides that Amy didn't return to VA. Period.

The fathers times range from various reports over the years ....

I have yet to see one "fact" about ALB anywhere online .

I've thought the same ...

[/B]

You know, you could be corrct
But my thought is why would she need to go through such an elaborate plan?
She could very easily remove herself from her family, she was certainly legal age to do so.
She could have moved anywhere without their consent, it would be a free choice.

A new apartment, a new puppy
Seems like she was about to begin a wonderful chapter in her life

I know things aren't always at they seem...

That sentence should be a sticky on WS.

i agree about aav and the pics. i do not think they're her and i think the discovery of the pics points even more to them not being her. even her family initially didn't think they were her. they are also the only thing imo that points towards prostitution. other scenarios point more towards her being the "wife" or consort of someone prominent - the constant guards, the fact that she hasn't been dealt with for asking outsiders for help, the potential trip to the u.s., etc.

i think you're right that we need to go back to before they board the ship, but imo we need to go back in curacao and back to the ship and the crew. if someone kidnapped her from the ship then there's obviously a criminal conspiracy at work and knowing who knew who, who was on the ship that shouldn't have been, who had criminal records, etc could do a lot to figure out one or two relationships that might figure the whole thing out. the kidnapper and whoever helped him obviously knew each other so looking for those loose types of relationships could be very beneficial (former prisoners in the same jail, people arrested for a common type of crime such as drugs).

I've thought the same ...

there's always the possibility that she was convinced to leave but quickly realized she was in on something way bigger than she had imagined. she gets off the ship to start a new adventure (maybe even just for the day) and then realizes she no longer has a say in what she does, where she goes, who she's with. this would explain why she left the cabin without notifying anyone as well as why later she tries to get help from the guy in the hotel and the lady in the dept store.

About Brad hearing Amy call his name

He says he heard a voice he was familiar with, grew up with, calling his name
He goes on to say they followed a van and caught up to it to find nobody in it but the driver

He says they either followed the wrong vehicle or he heard what he wanted to hear

Vanished part 2

i agree about aav and the pics. i do not think they're her and i think the discovery of the pics points even more to them not being her. even her family initially didn't think they were her. they are also the only thing imo that points towards prostitution. other scenarios point more towards her being the "wife" or consort of someone prominent - the constant guards, the fact that she hasn't been dealt with for asking outsiders for help, the potential trip to the u.s., etc.
<rsbm>

IMO, if the AAV biz is all legal and the pics were not Amy, then why such difficulty in finding out the source of the pics and who the woman in the pics is. That would be a simple matter of coming forward and advising where the pics came from (oh, Bob in Boston sent them to us) and identifying the woman (oh, that's Bob's mistress/wife/gf Jane).

It's widely known the AAV biz is legal there that doesn't mean they are necessarily on the up and up especially about where they get the women/men to provide services. IMO

<rsbm>

IMO, if the AAV biz is all legal and the pics were not Amy, then why such difficulty in finding out the source of the pics and who the woman in the pics is. That would be a simple matter of coming forward and advising where the pics came from (oh, Bob in Boston sent them to us) and identifying the woman (oh, that's Bob's mistress/wife/gf Jane).

I was just going to post basically the same thing.

For me I have three options right now (I still think this case comes back to human trafficking, but I'm not married to the theory):

1) A targeted abduction for that particular morning while they dock in Curacao. They had to get her OUT of that room and know she was coming out. Otherwise, they lose their chance. She would most likely be w/ her family, or her brother at a minimum for the rest of the day and evening. So they had to make a plan w/ her. If they made a plan ("let's meet up for coffee..."), I think it's possible she didn't want her brother and parents to know what she was doing. Brothers are protective, he might not want her wandering off at 6am with strangers, even on the ship. This means the cruise employees are complicit in human trafficking, and I have no problem believing that could be true.

2) She was targeted during the cruise and her coming out of the room alone offered the perfect opportunity.

3) Crime of opportunity. She came out of her room, saw someone or something she shouldn't and was taken to keep her quiet or just taken purely for human trafficking. No previous planning. Wrong place, wrong time. Sometimes we forget bad guys can exist anywhere, anytime.

Again we go around and around in circles, but it all comes back to the morning, Y and maybe the waiter, and ???. :banghead:

But surely there is a fourth possibility...?

Namely that nothing happened to Amy on the ship. Rather, she was shown a 'special' route off the ship by one of the waiters or Alister Douglas - maybe a staff exit. She decided to go to Curacao ahead of everyone else and there, actually on Curacao, found herself in trouble, with no way to get help.

To me this theory fits in far better with the small window of time that a potential abductor had to get her off the ship - how could they have guaranteed that she would meet Alister Douglas that morning for coffee, what if she had overslept or her brother or parents had been awake and decided to accompany her?

Also, wasn't there a staff lift/elevator leading from the disco where Amy was last seen, that morning, with Alister D?

Maybe he told her to use that route in order to disembark from the ship ahead of the other passengers?

Maybe that's why he later apparently told Brad that he felt 'guilty' - not because he did anything per se, but because he helped her get to Curacao early and that's where she vanished...?

Just throwing out ideas.

But surely there is a fourth possibility...?

Namely that nothing happened to Amy on the ship. Rather, she was shown a 'special' route off the ship by one of the waiters or Alister Douglas - maybe a staff exit. She decided to go to Curacao ahead of everyone else and there, actually on Curacao, found herself in trouble, with no way to get help.

To me this theory fits in far better with the small window of time that a potential abductor had to get her off the ship - how could they have guaranteed that she would meet Alister Douglas that morning for coffee, what if she had overslept or her brother or parents had been awake and decided to accompany her?

Also, wasn't there a staff lift/elevator leading from the disco where Amy was last seen, that morning, with Alister D?

Maybe he told her to use that route in order to disembark from the ship ahead of the other passengers?

Maybe that's why he later apparently told Brad that he felt 'guilty' - not because he did anything per se, but because he helped her get to Curacao early and that's where she vanished...?

Just throwing out ideas.

I just don't understand why she would leave the ship whether through a staff or passenger exit without informing her family

I don't think she planned on leaving without them

I just don't understand why she would leave the ship whether through a staff or passenger exit without informing her family

I don't think she planned on leaving without them

If Amy only left with her cigarettes, I think it is highly unlikely that she had any plans to leave the ship to shop or whatever. What does one do in a strange city with no wallet, no ID, nada?

I also think that the pics of Amy being removed from the ship's bulletin board foretells that something untoward was planned for her.

This case is so frustrating for many reasons. I've followed it closely and have read every post in the thread, but just had to take a break. While looking through the thread for something, I came across this statement made by [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8278573&postcount=245"]FA.[/ame]

I am one of those people who believes that Natalee Holloway could still be alive. I realize that I am very much in the minority on this one, and I have absolutely no proof. It is very possible that Amy's disappearance could be related to Natalee's disappearance. They both disappeared in a very similar way. I also consider the possibility of a third woman named Claudia Kirschhoch. She is a Frommers writer who disappeared from a Sandal's beach in Jamaica. All three of these women were intelligent, well educated, and very "All-American" in appearance. They certainly didn't look like potential prostitutes. They all disappeared without a trace.
bbm

Perhaps a new direction could be looking into the disappearance of Claudia Kirschhoch. If FA is thinking they could be related, maybe new info could be found by sleuthing in that direction? Just a thought since I feel frustrated by the lack of, well, facts.

Been thinking a little about the leaving without her shoes or wallet.....IIRC Amy said something to Brad about Jet Skiing, if I were going to go jet skiing I wouldn't take a wallet or purse with me since there would be no place to keep it safe, same with shoes.

What time did the family plan on meeting for breakfast, that I don't remember. Perhaps she was lured off the ship by way of going skiing, crew or a friend of the crew could have offered her a chance to jet ski and see the ship dock from the water instead of from the balcony.

I realize that doesn't give us any more info than we already have but it is a plausible explanation for leaving some things behind maybe?

Been thinking a little about the leaving without her shoes or wallet.....IIRC Amy said something to Brad about Jet Skiing, if I were going to go jet skiing I wouldn't take a wallet or purse with me since there would be no place to keep it safe, same with shoes.

What time did the family plan on meeting for breakfast, that I don't remember. Perhaps she was lured off the ship by way of going skiing, crew or a friend of the crew could have offered her a chance to jet ski and see the ship dock from the water instead of from the balcony.

I realize that doesn't give us any more info than we already have but it is a plausible explanation for leaving some things behind maybe?

Was she wearing a bathing suit?

The problem for me is, I don't think she would up and leave the ship without informing her family, her travel companions even if she was under the impression it was for a fun activity

If she was going jetskiing, she would require a swim suit
Her father said she picked up a pair of jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members