VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quarter million dollars is not chump change.

Life changing money.

Where is Amy?

[/B]

You know, you could be corrct
But my thought is why would she need to go through such an elaborate plan?
She could very easily remove herself from her family, she was certainly legal age to do so.
She could have moved anywhere without their consent, it would be a free choice.

A new apartment, a new puppy
Seems like she was about to begin a wonderful chapter in her life

I know things aren't always at they seem...

My thoughts as well, I just can't see her putting her family through this when she already had the freedom to do whatever she wanted to do.

i agree about aav and the pics. i do not think they're her and i think the discovery of the pics points even more to them not being her. even her family initially didn't think they were her. they are also the only thing imo that points towards prostitution. other scenarios point more towards her being the "wife" or consort of someone prominent - the constant guards, the fact that she hasn't been dealt with for asking outsiders for help, the potential trip to the u.s., etc.

Interesting, this is a theory I questioned earlier on, so am glad you brought it up..

i think you're right that we need to go back to before they board the ship, but imo we need to go back in curacao and back to the ship and the crew. if someone kidnapped her from the ship then there's obviously a criminal conspiracy at work and knowing who knew who, who was on the ship that shouldn't have been, who had criminal records, etc could do a lot to figure out one or two relationships that might figure the whole thing out. the kidnapper and whoever helped him obviously knew each other so looking for those loose types of relationships could be very beneficial (former prisoners in the same jail, people arrested for a common type of crime such as drugs).

Very good points, imo.

In some reports I've read, there are suggestions that Amy had mentioned going ashore to buy more cigarettes or something else. I don't know if these suggestions are accurate but I think it's possible that she did go ashore early.

Question: did they sell cigarettes on the boats in 1998? TIA

Question: did they sell cigarettes on the boats in 1998? TIA

I don't know about Royal Caribbean specifically, but many cruise ships have cigarettes available in the duty free shops onboard. However, I think it would probably still be cheaper to buy them in port. Not sure of this though.

But surely there is a fourth possibility...?

Namely that nothing happened to Amy on the ship. Rather, she was shown a 'special' route off the ship by one of the waiters or Alister Douglas - maybe a staff exit. She decided to go to Curacao ahead of everyone else and there, actually on Curacao, found herself in trouble, with no way to get help.

To me this theory fits in far better with the small window of time that a potential abductor had to get her off the ship - how could they have guaranteed that she would meet Alister Douglas that morning for coffee, what if she had overslept or her brother or parents had been awake and decided to accompany her?

Also, wasn't there a staff lift/elevator leading from the disco where Amy was last seen, that morning, with Alister D?

Maybe he told her to use that route in order to disembark from the ship ahead of the other passengers?

Maybe that's why he later apparently told Brad that he felt 'guilty' - not because he did anything per se, but because he helped her get to Curacao early and that's where she vanished...?

Just throwing out ideas.

I threw that idea out because you need your passport. We've been told she did not take her passport. That's why I don't see her going willingly. But good thinking for sure. (And if she did take her passport and we don't know about it, that's a whole 'nother deal!)

... how could they have guaranteed that she would meet Alister Douglas that morning for coffee, what if she had overslept or her brother or parents had been awake and decided to accompany her? ...

They (whoever they are) couldn't guarantee anything ... if it didn't work, they'd move on to Plan B, C or ? (whoever, whenever). If Amy was indeed abducted, then this particular plan worked for them. IMO, Plan A was the invite to C&C ... when that failed, another plan was in place.

A quarter million dollars is not chump change.

Life changing money.

Where is Amy?

Has anyone verified this money is still available? It IS a lot of money. Through the years financial situations change. Is it in an account waiting? I'm curious how this was to be paid and who put up the reward overall. Through the years on WS I have seen rewards offered and rescinded, sometimes reoffered. Also I have seen out-of-date info.

No, I have no information to share towards this reward, just curious. I would be beyond thrilled to take a trip to the Carib and find her alive, reward or no reward.

Findamy post 340

Snipped

Amy's photos disappeared. The photographer gave Iva a receipt and told her that he would make new pictures from the negatives. Iva still has the receipt. The photographer is not in question.

Did anyone approach the photographer after Amy disappeared to get the negatives?

Dushi, I asked the same question early on. I don't think a reply was ever posted or maybe I missed it. Just one of the things that make me :waitasec:

If the pictures AND negatives are gone then either someone stole them or the photographer must know who asked for them. How often does a tourist ask for their pictures and negatives? Usually, they pick up their photographs and move on.....

This case has so many unknowns.

Its possible that ship photographers destroy negatives after a cruise is finished, i don't know

But given that Amy disappeared, i doubt the negatives were destroyed quickly
I feel he would have held on to them for some time, maybe still has them

I wonder if the FBI ever asked for them

How could he explain giving them to someone else?
He either has them ( negatives)or had them and knows what happened to them, IMO

Was a passport required in 1998?
I travelled to Aruba with a birth certificate and drivers license for years
Can't recall when i started using a passport

Masootz, I'm sorry. I started to look for a link & got side tracked...forgot all about it. It's been a hectic day today in real life. Ill look & get back in a bit. I'm so sorry. :)

please don't worry about me. i just get mixed up sometimes with this stuff and want to make sure i'm not going in the wrong direction based on my inability to remember everything.

how is that possible? as recently as august of this year FA was telling us to email the @hotmail address? he/she stated the bradleys check each tip personally.

IIRC several posters tried to use it
Sosueme was looking into it
I don't know what the outcome was

how is that possible? as recently as august of this year FA was telling us to email the @hotmail address? he/she stated the bradleys check each tip personally.

If you read my posts yesterday , and last month , you would see that the email address doesn't work --

Even the moderator addressed this ...

Oh I'm sorry , I didn't realize the moderators deleted my quote from an article in 2009 which said the "family's contact email does not work."

regarding theories that she somehow snuck off the ship on her own, i don't think that makes sense - these ships keep tabs of who is on/off the ship and she apparently didn't take ID with her, so how would she have planned to get back on the ship? not to mention why bother sneaking off if she could just walk off through regular means? also also, why go to all that trouble to buy cigarettes and is there any chance she wouldn't have mentioned to her family that she was planning to sneak off the ship through secret means to go to curacao at six am to buy cigarettes? just seems like a stretch to me.

much more likely she was invited to watch the sunrise by someone and that someone grabbed her.

Question: Do I Need a Passport to take a Caribbean Cruise?
Answer: Yes, the travel rules implemented by Congress in the years following the 9/11 attacks now require U.S. travelers to have a passport or U.S. Passport Card for all cross-border travel, including by air, sea, and land. The only exception is if you're on a so-called "closed loop" cruise that departs and returns to a U.S. port like Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, or New Orleans; then you only need a two forms of primary ID to travel.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/beforeyougo/f/FAQcruisepassports.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member