VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
I have often wondered if the boyfriend statement was a way of dismissing the questions regarding Amy's sexuality. Early on it seemed that bc she had "the look" i.e. her hair in the family cruise ship photo, played basketball and bc her tattoos weren't the typical dolphin, rose, or sun that people questioned her sexuality. Obviously, it doesn't matter and I'm assuming she was/is straight but I think there was definitely an advantage in selling Amy as America's sweetheart to the media and eliminating this issue. 1998 doesn't seem that long ago but I think this could have been a bigger issue then. I'm not trying to suggest anything. I just think that perhaps the Bradley's didn't want anything to interfere with their search to find Amy.

interesting point. but then why would the verified insider need to bring it up just last month now when it's more accepted??

<rsbm>

IMO, if the AAV biz is all legal and the pics were not Amy, then why such difficulty in finding out the source of the pics and who the woman in the pics is. That would be a simple matter of coming forward and advising where the pics came from (oh, Bob in Boston sent them to us) and identifying the woman (oh, that's Bob's mistress/wife/gf Jane).

a lot of websites that use nude pictures and sexual photos grab any nude photo of a woman that they see. Some are from profiles of women sharing their post-surgical photos to what they think are other women that are interested in the same surgery and they are trying to help them. Some are from dating profiles, some are hacked from personal files on a computer, etc. They do not have permission to have these photos. They are not thiers. And oftentimes who ever gets these photos don't remember where they get them from as they usually have hundreds of them and all from different sources. And there are multiple sketchy websites that share these photos. My friend was involved in a scandal like this and her half nude photo from a surgery site was stolen and used on a *advertiser censored* site along with vacation pictures in a swim suit, etc. Maybe this is how they don't know the source? It was posted this website later updated and said they only use photos of girls that are actually at their location, so they admitted to using random photos and not photos of their girls

Was a passport required in 1998?
I travelled to Aruba with a birth certificate and drivers license for years
Can't recall when i started using a passport

As usual my brain is ahead of itself. :) I should have said passport and/or official identification, whatever that may be. You are correct, it may not have been a passport. But we are led to believe she didn't take anything with her. I wouldn't dream of getting off of a ship and going ashore w/out my proper papers. What if the ship left without you or you were in some kind of trouble?! She was a smart girl. I don't see her planning a shore excursion without identification. I don't even know if they let you off the boat w/out a immigration check when entering a foreign port.

Amy L. Bradley, 23, of Chesterfield County, Va., was last seen early Tuesday sleeping on the balcony of her family's cabin. She was reported missing at 7 a.m., when the ship was 10 miles south of this Dutch colony.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1998/C...a-Tourist/id-c3764b01cfe1bf1a4a028ef10da23bbd

A bit confused

Was the ship docked or as is stated, ten miles off shore?

both from my understanding - at 6am when she was first noticed to be missing it was closing in on shore but not docked. by 7am it was docked and ready to let passengers get off. this coincides with the bradley's saying they were increasingly worried as the ship prepared to let passengers off. now this doesn't necessarily mean 7am was the first chance to get off the ship - i'd assume the gangway for employees/cargo could open before the general disembark for passengers so if someone stuffed her in a box to get her off (as has been speculated) it's possible she was off the ship a little before 7am. it's also possible she wasn't moved until later although i'm not sure when the ship left the port, which would be a good thing to know...

another thing to think about - if we go for a minute with the theory that she was meeting someone for coffee and to watch the sunrise and that person drugged her coffee and hid her somewhere to get her off the boat, what would they have done with her after she was off the boat? if they put her in a cargo bin or a giant box and left via the employee/cargo gangway, then what happens? you can't just push a box with someone in it down the road. they'd have to have someone waiting for them on the other end and a way to transfer her. i guess my point is that the more i think about this case the more it becomes obvious that this had to be planned well in advance. there's just no way to randomly abduct someone and get them off the ship unless you have four or five people on the ship involved and a really good plan to quickly get her off and out of sight.

As usual my brain is ahead of itself. :) I should have said passport and/or official identification, whatever that may be. You are correct, it may not have been a passport. But we are led to believe she didn't take anything with her. I wouldn't dream of getting off of a ship and going ashore w/out my proper papers. What if the ship left without you or you were in some kind of trouble?! She was a smart girl. I don't see her planning a shore excursion without identification. I don't even know if they let you off the boat w/out a immigration check when entering a foreign port.

When I cruised, upon boarding, your photo was taken. you were given a card with all of your info on it and your pic is imbedded in it
Your passport is taken and kept with the ship
This card was you ID, got you on and off the ship

I cruised Europe and did not need to go through immigration when going into ports in different countries. that was three years ago

I believe the ship sends passenger information ahead, before passengers disembark for the day

I used my passport when boarding at home and when going through customs in Rome,again when boarding the flight in rome and going through canadian customs
Thats it

Cruise lines may all be different, I don't know. This was my experience

another thing to think about - if we go for a minute with the theory that she was meeting someone for coffee and to watch the sunrise and that person drugged her coffee and hid her somewhere to get her off the boat, what would they have done with her after she was off the boat? if they put her in a cargo bin or a giant box and left via the employee/cargo gangway, then what happens? you can't just push a box with someone in it down the road. they'd have to have someone waiting for them on the other end and a way to transfer her. i guess my point is that the more i think about this case the more it becomes obvious that this had to be planned well in advance. there's just no way to randomly abduct someone and get them off the ship unless you have four or five people on the ship involved and a really good plan to quickly get her off and out of sight.

Just happen to be reading "Iced: The Story of Organized Crime in Canada <Stephen Schneider>". On Pg 366:

... By 1998, the Criminal Intelligence Service Canada wrote that criminal organizations were "firmly entrenched in all major Canadian seaports and are responsible for the bulk of the contraband entering Canada through the ports":

It is usually accomplished through the placement of criminal members, associates, relatives, and friends in legitimate employment positions at the port. This presence allows criminal organiations to acquire valuable knowledge of import and port procedures and to monitor law enforcement activity at the port. Associates in key positions facilitate the movement of contraband into the ports and ensure that it remains concealed until it can be removed and distributed on the contraband market. They also facilitate the theft and diversion of legitimate imported goods and assist in the export of illegal goods, such as stolen vehicles, from Canada to other countries" ...

I know the above relates specifically to Canadian ports, but o/c knows no boundaries, and their activities, and various associated commodities, are just variations of a theme in other countries, and I'm sure the Caribbean is no exception.

When I cruised, upon boarding, your photo was taken. you were given a card with all of your info on it and your pic is imbedded in it

I cruised Europe and did not need to go through immigration when going into ports in different countries. that was three years ago

I believe the ship sends passenger information ahead, before passengers disembark for the day

I used my passport when boarding at home and when going through customs in Rome,again when boarding the flight in rome and going through canadian customs
Thats it

In college I knew a guy who went on a Caribbean cruise for spring break. This would have been 2010. He LEFT HIS PASSPORT in a taxi and was not allowed off the boat at the Bahamas or the British Virgin Islands. Poor guy's vacation was pretty much ruined.

In college I knew a guy who went on a Caribbean cruise for spring break. This would have been 2010. He LEFT HIS PASSPORT in a taxi and was not allowed off the boat at the Bahamas or the British Virgin Islands. Poor guy's vacation was pretty much ruined.

Actually I am somewhat surprised that they allowed him to board at all without a passport

Maybe because he was American boarding in the US?

Here it is

U.S. Citizens on closed-loop cruises will be able to enter or depart the country on the cruise with proof of citizenship, such as an original or copy of his or her birth certificate (issued by the Vital Records Department in the state where he or she was born) and, if 16 or older, a government issued photo ID. If the child is a newborn and the actual birth certificate has not arrived from the Vital Records Department, we will accept a Hospital issued birth certificate. The United States does not require you to have a passport. (A Consular report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State or a Certificate of Naturalization is also acceptable

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1139/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise

This article goes on to explain that if you do not have a passport you may be denied entry at some caribbean destinations

a lot of the passport issues etc are post 9/11 Amy disappeared prior to that and things were pretty lax (sp) at that time. I have to wonder IF she was told she could go with crew members, who more than likely were part of the organized crime ring in the Caribbean, told her they could get her off, go jet skiing, watch the ship dock and then get back on before she was to go for breakfast. Yellow was definitely involved, apparently he must have been somewhat charming. These cruise ships dock in these ports regularly and I'm quite sure have friends on all the islands they stop at. I'm beginning to think Amy's disappearance, while planned way in advance, wasn't planned specifically for her. Yes, she was targeted but I suspect those involved where told in advance what kind of female to look for and they literally lucked out. Ron and Iva said they didn't like the attention Amy was getting. Perhaps she wasn't the only one getting the attention but she was the one who took the bait. She clearly had a rebel streak in her and that lead to her sense of adventure. She was more than likely assured there wouldn't be a problem getting back on the ship because she would be with other crew members.Someone asked if she had a bathing suit. Have no idea but I don't think anyone ever asked the Bradleys that question or if they would even know the answer.

Where does that leave us now? Unfortunately I don't have that answer. At this point if she was being used as a breeder she getting almost too old to be of use. If she was used as a breeder they would have to make sure whatever drugs they used on her would be something that wouldn't affect a baby so I'm not sure they kept her high or hooked on drugs. Mind control, fear or even a promise that they will return her to her family may have been enough to get her to be compliant.

I remember when Patty Hearst was kidnapped, she was convinced to do unspeakable things and I don't believe drugs were involved. Fortunately she was ultimately recovered and went through therapy so she could lead a normal life. The human resolve to survive is very strong.

Just some thoughts

Actually I am somewhat surprised that they allowed him to board at all without a passport

Maybe because he was American boarding in the US?

I think the passport was lost when he was already outside the US. For some reason I think he left it in the Bahamas. Anyway it was a HUGE headache and I'm sure he felt like it was a major waste of money as well.

Wondering if Amy's photos were stolen so that someone could insert her pic. into fake passport/id card to get off/on the boat before anyone realized she was missing.One of the visiting dancers?

Thats it

They just trust the Canadians!! :)
Traveling thru EU countries has become easier also.

Maybe Amy was told she could make some inexpensive purchases from "vendors" in boats before docking?

(2005)
http://www.tomflocco.com/fs/CaribSexTrafficking.htm
"The presence of numerous unregulated and unrestricted "gypsy boats" sailing in and out of Aruba and Curacao&#8217;s ports to market produce and "other commodities" from the South American mainland [some 19 miles to Colombia and 35 miles to Venezuela] provides the means to abduct women--even as high-speed Colombian cigarette boat drug-runners also ply Caribbean island waters and seaports heavily frequented by American families.
It used to be different--before the age of off-shore banking with recent and curious massive assumption of U.S. debt instruments by Caribbean banking centers, international political correctness and evidence of U.S. bank-laundered narco-dollars for congressional campaigns--derived from ill-gotten gains of lawless Caribbean and South American drug factories and bordellos.

i'm still going with the "tricking her to get off the boat" theories being far-fetched. she was supposed to eat breakfast with her parents early that morning. her dad said he was getting up at 6am to get ready for breakfast. there's no way she planned to sneak off a boat that wasn't docked yet to go jet skiing. by the time the boat docked it would have been about time to eat with her family. she would have told them she was going to miss breakfast. in order to jet ski the boat would have had to dock, she would have to get off, find the people with the jet skis, go have fun, come back to land, then get back on the ship. what advantage would sneaking off the ship have in that scenario? wouldn't it have been exponentially easier to just tell her parents she was going off the boat and then use the standard passenger gangway?

i still say she snuck out to meet someone - either to watch the ship dock, for coffee, or because she was crushing on someone on the ship (and didn't want to admit it to the family). there is no evidence she intended to be gone long. she either met with random bad luck or ran into a trap set by others who had intentions from day one to kidnap her. at least two of the subsequent sightings are legitimate imo (most legit = canadian divers, second most = lady in barbados store) so someone got her off the ship, i just don't think it was of her own choice.

*life advice* - whether we ever find out what happened to her or not, always make sure you let someone know where you're going even if it feels like a drag. life has a way of kicking your *advertiser censored* when you least expect it.

i'm still going with the "tricking her to get off the boat" theories being far-fetched. she was supposed to eat breakfast with her parents early that morning. her dad said he was getting up at 6am to get ready for breakfast. there's no way she planned to sneak off a boat that wasn't docked yet to go jet skiing. by the time the boat docked it would have been about time to eat with her family. she would have told them she was going to miss breakfast. in order to jet ski the boat would have had to dock, she would have to get off, find the people with the jet skis, go have fun, come back to land, then get back on the ship. what advantage would sneaking off the ship have in that scenario? wouldn't it have been exponentially easier to just tell her parents she was going off the boat and then use the standard passenger gangway?

i still say she snuck out to meet someone - either to watch the ship dock, for coffee, or because she was crushing on someone on the ship (and didn't want to admit it to the family). there is no evidence she intended to be gone long. she either met with random bad luck or ran into a trap set by others who had intentions from day one to kidnap her. at least two of the subsequent sightings are legitimate imo (most legit = canadian divers, second most = lady in barbados store) so someone got her off the ship, i just don't think it was of her own choice.

*life advice* - whether we ever find out what happened to her or not, always make sure you let someone know where you're going even if it feels like a drag. life has a way of kicking your *advertiser censored* when you least expect it.

I agree with your post. As far as the sightings, imo the one by the American sailor at the "brothel" in Curacao is also legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member