VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:
March 24, 1998: Amy Lynn Bradley Disappears from the Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas

IV. The Sightings

b. January 1999: Otrobanda, Willemstad, Curacao
Five months after the first Amy sighting (and ten months after she vanished), a U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer visited an old hotel in the Otrobanda section of Willemstad in Curacao, not far from the cruise terminal. The old hotel had once been a very distinguished hotel, but in 1999 it was old and prostitution was known to be available. (Prostitution is legal in Curacao and prostitutes are connected to many of the hotels.)

The U.S. Navy officer reported that Amy approached him and asked him for help. She said, "My name is Amy Bradley. Please help me." The officer didn’t know who Amy Bradley was or that she was missing. He told her there was a naval ship five minutes down the dock and that she could leave.

"No, you don’t understand," the woman pleaded. "Please help me. My name is Amy Bradley." At that time, according to the officer, two men in the bar removed her and told her to go upstairs.

The Chief Petty Officer did not report that he had seen Amy in the hotel because (1) the hotel was off limits to Navy personnel because of its bad reputation and (2) the man was also married at the time. He didn't realize who the woman was until he later saw her photograph on the cover of a magazine. At that point, he was divorced and retired from the Navy. He came forward with the information, which has been verified. He has met with the Bradleys, but has declined all interviews.

The old hotel burned to the ground in May of 2000. There is nothing left but an empty, overgrown lot.

Before the fire, the hotel had a bar that was a focal point for the area. Its location right along the canal in Otrobanda meant that tourists disembarking from cruise ships passed by the hotel on a daily basis. Many probably went inside for a drink and may have seen Amy.

ETA: more info about hotel

Otrobanda and the Cruise Terminal
View attachment 26417

Just want to make a correction to some information we had discussed earlier in the thread.

The question was previously brought up as to why the Bradley's would have stayed at an old, run down hotel like the Otrobanda after Amy disappeared. I posted that perhaps they did so because they may have been given information that Amy could have been taken there because it was known as a "brothel" type hotel. I / some of us thought that was where Amy had been seen by the U.S. officer back in 1999.
Going back over the thread, though, I realized the Bradley's didn't stay at the old hotel where Amy had been seen, they stayed at the Otrobanda Hotel. We actually don't even know the name of the old hotel where Amy was seen. We just know that it was in the Otrobanda area of Willemstad. Verified insider, FA, posted she did not want to give out the name of that hotel even though it had burned to the ground in 2000.

Post #206 by FindAmy
-
I am not able to release the name of the hotel or the owner. This person is not part of the investigation and I don't want to cause problems for the Bradleys.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8329390&postcount=206
The actual Otrobanda Hotel is not an old, run down hotel but more of a resort type hotel, at least by their website and reviews I've read on tripadvisor.com. I had just assumed the old one had burned, and they had rebuilt this nice, new one. Sheesh, was I ever wrong. Anyway, thought I should clear that up, better late than never I suppose... :rolleyes:.

I just found it striking that someone a verified poster told us to sleuthe popped up in another missing american persons case , in the same geographical area , and somewhat similar circumstances ...

"follow the music" for some reason is striking to me as well ... I can't put my finger on it , maybe the band w/yellow ?

I've also heard that Steve Croes / or his father was on the Rhapsody of the Seas during the time Amy was ...
I've seen this posted in a few web articles ...

I don't know , but we need to get this girl HOME !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Link please

Link please

I thought they were two different people from 2 different countries. Idk, am I confused? For some reason, I thought I read it was rumor bc of the Croes name that people automatically assumed they were one in the same or related. However, Croes is a popular name in the Caribbean much in the way that Jones or Smith is here in the USA. There are tons of Croes here in America as well...

I am relatively new to Amys case and learning as I go along thanks to my fellow posters and their links.

Not new to the other case being compared

This is the first time i have ever heard that SC or his father were on board Amy's ship
If there is a link that is legal, i would like to read it

Its important to me to separate fact and rumour

Facts are important
Rumour can lead you down the garden path

I feel that trying to link different cases on hearsay will get us nowhere, we do need proof, the only link or coincidence I can see is that the two cases happened within 500 miles of each other, and approximately 7yrs apart jmo

Oh , we'll ...

I saw the name "Paul Baxter" in reference to another missing American , with mention of a brothel in Venezuela , with an address that a verified poster put on here ...

Dated in 2006.

Maybe your search engine isn't up to date?

http://chrisfenwick.com/home/2010/3/1/amy-bradley-is-missing.html
"I had one camera man working for me that came with us from California and we also payed Royal Carribean for the partial use of their staff video engineer. His name was Steve.

Because of the nature of editing in this short turn around environment I spent nearly the entire duration of the cruise in my cabin working. When I tell people that I was workin for 10 days at sea on a cruise ship they always assume it is just a “walk in the park”, however, it really was a difficult week, very hard work and LONG hours.

Wednesday March 24, 1998 Morning

On Wednesday morning rumours and stories began to circulate around the ship that some girl had committed suicide. We heard these stories from Steve, the crew member who was working with us. As sad as the story is of a young woman being on a cruise in the Carribean and still decided that she needed to end her life was, I still had a whole lot of work to do. I couldn’t really be distracted by this news.

Steve (in Black with the video camera) and Bob Briggs the Director/Camera Operator who came from California

Thursday March 25th, 1998

On or about Thursday afternoon I decided to take Steve up on his offer to come and see his edit suite that was on board the ship. Being kind of a “gear *advertiser censored*” I’m always interested in equipment used in my industry. During my short visit to see Steve in his edit suite, he casually informed me that he had been instructed by ship security to make sure that there were no images of the missing girl in his “Cruise Video”, the type of videotape that you would buy at the end of your cruise showing all the great things that you had done all week on board"

Steve Croes would have been 17 years old at the time of Amys disappearance

Now, remember we talked about trying to find out about Steve Croes, the DJ, and he was supposed to be a suspect in the other case in 1998?

M: What case in 1998?

RICH: The girl that was missing off the cruise ship.

M: You mean Amy Bradley ?

RICH: Yep. And I went to talk to the prosecutor back in 1998 to ask them to take this guy’s clothing, but Aruba said it wasn’t their case. They said if the suspect was on the island they would have done something. But the suspect WAS on the island, because he LIVES there. We got nothing there either. They just don’t divulge any information. They want to make it hush.

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/2005/12/second-interview-with-pi-rich-strom.html

That's a PI saying this .. I don't believe this is "rumor".

When googling Steve Croes , the first recommended hit is "Steve Croes Amy Bradley."

"I had one camera man working for me that came with us from California and we also payed Royal Carribean for the partial use of their staff video engineer. His name was Steve.

Because of the nature of editing in this short turn around environment I spent nearly the entire duration of the cruise in my cabin working. When I tell people that I was workin for 10 days at sea on a cruise ship they always assume it is just a “walk in the park”, however, it really was a difficult week, very hard work and LONG hours.

On Wednesday morning rumours and stories began to circulate around the ship that some girl had committed suicide. We heard these stories from Steve, the crew member who was working with us. As sad as the story is of a young woman being on a cruise in the Carribean and still decided that she needed to end her life was, I still had a whole lot of work to do. I couldn’t really be distracted by this news.

Steve (in Black with the video camera) and Bob Briggs the Director/Camera Operator who came from California

On or about Thursday afternoon I decided to take Steve up on his offer to come and see his edit suite that was on board the ship. Being kind of a “gear *advertiser censored*” I’m always interested in equipment used in my industry. During my short visit to see Steve in his edit suite, he casually informed me that he had been instructed by ship security to make sure that there were no images of the missing girl in his “Cruise Video”, the type of videotape that you would buy at the end of your cruise showing all the great things that you had done all week on board"

Whoever this Steve is, it should not have been hard for FBI to find out.
STAFF video engineer

Whoever this Steve is, it should not have been hard for FBI to find out.
STAFF video engineer

I'm pretty sure the FBI knows who this guy is ;)

Unfortunately , without "physical" evidence , and proper corporation from a foreign government ...

It's hard to do anything , except connect the dots and hope for a break.

I'm pretty sure the FBI knows who this guy is ;)

Unfortunately , without "physical" evidence , and proper corporation from a foreign government ...

It's hard to do anything , except connect the dots and hope for a break.

Just so I am clear...

You think SC was this staff member and he was 17 y/o

The quotes are mixed up
I did not write the post I am quoting

I was quoting Randolph

I just found it striking that someone a verified poster told us to sleuthe popped up in another missing american persons case , in the same geographical area , and somewhat similar circumstances ...

"follow the music" for some reason is striking to me as well ... I can't put my finger on it , maybe the band w/yellow ?

I've also heard that Steve Croes / or his father was on the Rhapsody of the Seas during the time Amy was ...

I've seen this posted in a few web articles ...

I don't know , but we need to get this girl HOME !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The question regarding this Steve Croes was brought up and dismissed early in Amy's first thread:

Post #46 by Audrey77 [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5873921&postcount=46"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Post #102 by Blueskies [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7717918&postcount=102"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
It was a different Steve Croes that was aboard the ship with Amy. He's much older then the Steve Croes from Aruba who was only 17 at the time.
Post #104 by Blueskies [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7718937&postcount=104"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Sure it's possible but there are alot of Croes..The Steve Croes that was in the band was twice Steve's age and is living in the U.S.

The report by a PI about Steve Croes on one of the Blogs being the same Steve Croes from Aruba in the NH case is 100% FALSE

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Amy needs people to help her get back home.These photos. might be the link to doing just that.
Still wondering about that bed , as it might pinpoint a location.
In a much earlier post, I had wondered if that was a ring on A's finger and if so, does it have a black
stone on it (black onx)?

Also, could be the light or whatever, but in second picture, A's arm appears to be tanned (makeup?) but her hand looks very white in comparison, as if she had been wearing gloves.

Could there be anything significant, meaningful or symbolic about the heart? As in, for one example a sexual cue to what can be available (with back quarters raised) right side of heart showing ect. ?

The bed looks unremarkable to me
There is nothing unique that stands out , IMO

According to Hyscience, this is the resort where Amy was believed to be at one time, Playa El Agua, Margarita Island, Venezuela. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but from my understanding this is the same resort that our verified insider, FA, said Amy's photo had appeared on the website, and that had been shut down and they were run out of the country.

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2005/11/hyscience_dr_ph.php
http://www.casatrudel.com/PlayaElAguaPhotos.htm

This link still works, but it goes to a resort that is not advertised as a sex vacation resort, just an ordinary resort hotel operation. The owners are from Toronto, Canada and Caracas, Venezuela. I am not going to post there names here.

What has me baffled, is that it says "
Offering quality accommodations in Margarita Island since 1989"
... but I thought this was when it was a sex vacation resort :confused: . And, before they were reportedly run out of the country. I am obviously more than a little confused or have totally missed something somewhere.
Could it be that this is a totally different resort? If so, why does the sex vacation link go there? Anyone with any help on this, I would be more than grateful, and TIA.

One other point, in the description when it was a "sex vacation" resort, it also lists offices in Canada and Curacao, where the current owners are from as well.

Posted on Hyscience by: George at November 17, 2005 8:42 PM <modsnip>

Oh , we'll ...

I saw the name "Paul Baxter" in reference to another missing American , with mention of a brothel in Venezuela , with an address that a verified poster put on here ...

Dated in 2006.

Maybe your search engine isn't up to date?

Well hear say, and blogs are just another person opinion, and not verified facts, which are what I prefer to read..

And thanks for the concern but my search engine is fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase