Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collage%25202012-08-25%252022_26_05-1.png

This is from Thread 1: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SPOTLIGHT CASE VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998.

This picture is what 1st got me really questioning this photo. Although I do believe it is more than likely Amy I also know on Dr. Phil and Vanished they said they were unable to verify that it was Amy but that an expert believed that it was likely that it was. Her ear here seems to look much different. In the middle picture it is more narrow, the lobe is of less width than the one on the right. The ala of the nose (the widest part) appears to be a different shape to me. The brows appear to arch differently, however this could be due to make up. I don't like to discuss other aspects of the face as that changes with age and weight. But the nose, brows, and ears do not change and they appear different to me, whether it be the quality of the photo the angle or what I do not know.

Thanks for the photo comparisons danzn :). you are great!
Speaking of Amy's nose, interesting that in the far left photo, the earliest one I believe, to me her nose appears wider than the later one on the far right. The photo in question, the middle one, appears more similar to the photo on the right. Actually, they all appear slightly different.... to me... :waitasec: Some of this is probably due to lighting and photo quality though, I think?

The eyes in the middle photo also seem to be a bit different but they appear to have been reshaped with heavy eyeliner to give more of a "cat eye" effect.

I agree about eyebrows to a point, except that the shape of eyebrows can change with loss of the hair due to stress, hormones, or drug use or as a result of plucking / tweezing them; or can become thicker by allowing the eyebrows to grow in afterward, or appear thicker and darker by using eyebrow pencil.

Other than her facial features, I'm wondering if there's any way to determine her height from the full photo. Amy is 5'7".

In Part 3 of the StyleWeekly article, I thought these things were interesting:
http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/part-iii/Content?oid=1383740

I guess it makes a difference when it's one of their own as to how far they will go to find someone. :banghead: I wonder what her name is and if she's ever been found...by now.

Is that just too convenient or is it just me?

I did see that the Captain of the ships name is Captain Kjetil Gjerstad. He is from Norway. I hope that it's okay to link to someones Flickr account. If not, please remove. A pic of the Captain: Captain Kjetil Gjerstad | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ETA: My picture shows up as a black box, but if you click on the box, it takes you to his photo.

Here's a comment made on a message board about the same Captain:
What can you tell me about Capt Kjetil Gjerstad[Cpt on LOTS!]? - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Wasn't Amy and her family on the Rhapsody of the Seas? If so, I wonder why he would deny being on the ship? :waitasec:

ETA2: He is now onboard the Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 10-29-11)
ETA3: Another thread on the cruise board shows: Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 2-27-12)

Interesting, I was just lying awake thinking about this very topic a while ago, which is why I'm up doing this at 4:30 a.m. :tsktsk: My thoughts were along the line of, what better position for one to be in than an employee of a cruise ship, such as a Captain, if one were involved with the human trafficking trade. And who better to have access to anything on the ship, such as stealing Amy's photos. And to be over ship security, to be able to demand that the videos that Chris Fenwick took not show any shots of Amy. And of course, to make the decision to not lock down the ship, to not make an announcement over the intercom regarding her disappearance, to not search every nook and cranny of the ship thoroughly and completely, as they falsely claimed they did.

Another thought that came to me was regarding the SF sighting of Amy. Just the possibility that maybe she had been taken there to "test" her. With so much media and pressure on her captors, maybe she had to put in more effort, to bend over backwards so to speak, in order to appease them. IDK, :dunno: just another 'epitome' in the midst of a sleepless night, lol.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it concerns me that Amy's life could be more endangered given the high profile nature of her case, and the information that has been so widely released such as on the Dr. Phil show, even on the Vanished show. I have actually found myself holding my breath when I stop and think about the serious and fragile nature of Amy's situation ... :no: I'm just not totally sure as to what is safe and what is not safe to discuss anymore.

Which, IIRC, was precisely the point that the verified insider who formerly posted here repeatedly tried to get across to members of this thread.

From Bree ...

In Part 3 of the StyleWeekly article, I thought these things were interesting:
http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/part-iii/Content?oid=1383740

"She had her driver's license in her pocket and it could have conceivably been used to clear her through U.S. Customs in San Juan, but the exit records at U.S. Customs for Rhapsody of the Seas passengers for March 28th are missing, according to the Bradley lawyers, who tried to get them through a federal Freedom of Information Act request."

Is that just too convenient or is it just me?

And, IMO, if this is true, she would have had her driver's license with her because she was still wearing the clothes she had worn to the limbo contest and then to the disco with Brad. Not sure about the limbo contest, but (speculating) she would have needed ID to enter the disco.

ETA: original poster's name

i think the cruise ship knew 100% what was going on that day and they did nothing why? not sure were they pressured by " the people who took amy" were some of the higher ups on the cruise ship involved?

i know there have been more sightings post 2005 but because of her safety they could not be released this was coming from the spokes person from the family

From Bree ...

And, IMO, if this is true, she would have had her driver's license with her because she was still wearing the clothes she had worn to the limbo contest and then to the disco with Brad. Not sure about the limbo contest, but (speculating) she would have needed ID to enter the disco.

ETA: original poster's name

Good morning Jaime!

Yeah, I agree... Have to post real quick bc busy day but wanted to skim over updates before heading out. I thought this was very interesting in light of what I posted soon after coming to Amy's threads... Do you remember a post I made about Royal Caribbean being sued by the US bc of fudging their records of waste contaminants in their books? This had something to do with when they come into customs or various ports, I believe the US govt focussed on their Miami docking books in the suit (not sure) but the US won & Royal Carib had to pay out millions $$$. I stated if they can doctor those books so easily then they can do other shady things as well. I can't look right now but if somebody would be so kind as to search certain types of suits, it might be interesting to compare what was going on with Royal Carib financially for maybe a 5 year period surrounding Amy's disappearance. Human Trafficking is the 2nd highest grossing underworld business in the entire world and it's extremely easy to launder that money. I'm not saying RC is involved, I'm only suggesting its worth looking into...

There's a reason these people hid everything pertaining to Amy from the public. I aim to find that reason.

Jaime, you're good at digging up stuff too - look at San Juan, then the Dominican - then Cuba. There's ALOT of stuff that gets hidden in San Juan due to trafficking of people as well as drugs. San Juan has long been a jumping point for alot of illegal trafficking (related to the Dominican & Cuba) for years bc of the huge payout from the Dominican & Cuba. US cant travel to Cuba (but most other countries can) but they can to the Dominican. Trafficking in Cuba is their #1 $ maker for medium to low income persons. They are a repressed land. In the Dominican, papers can be drawn up illegally then pushed into Cuba & elsewhere. I know Cuba hasn't come up in this case, I'm only using it as an example. Using San Juan as a jumping point is part of the key IMO.

The more high profile a suspected trafficked missing person gets, the more money some freaks would pay for that person. They get off on the game of risk. It's sick & twisted. This is why I do believe she could still be alive...bc I haven't seen any proof that she's dead.

If she was taken by a group for other reasons than being trafficked, then she has an even greater chance of being alive considering terrorism isn't even a thought here, and she wasn't a drug dealer, and she wasn't in a gang, etc.

Still looking at all of these companies linked with aav... There's a lot.

I have never heard this before or seen it posted here. Did I just miss it?

Quote:
"A witness claims to have seen her taken off the ship against her will later, according to a lawsuit filed by her parents".
Cosmopolitan features story of Amy Bradley
A Cautionary Tale
BY RICHARD FOSTER
http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/...nt?oid=1387319

This may refer to the 'sighting' I queried earlier in this thread (or maybe it was in the previous thread?). The Bradleys got a phone call from someone who stated they had seen Amy being bundled into a taxi cab when the cruise ship docked at San Juan, Puerto Rico - four days after she'd vanished.

However, I asked FINDAMY about this and she stated it was not a 'verified' sighting. She mentioned that the witness had described a man wearing 'cowboy boots' pushing Amy into a taxi.

I just wonder whether people who were on the cruise were asked whether they noticed anyone wearing cowboy boots at any point...? Just a thought.

Which, IIRC, was precisely the point that the verified insider who formerly posted here repeatedly tried to get across to members of this thread.

While I didn't like the cryptic messages at the time, I can appreciate them now and can understand the fear. Reading that letter again penned by Alexis and the fact that it coincided with Dr Phil's show - especially the portion in his show where his investigators went undercover - made me see exactly how dangerous some of these players really are. It's actually frightening to just gather all of this information. We're still digging as deep as we can get. If anything is found that is deemed detrimental, we'll contact all authorities and cc the Bradleys as well. If you want me to delete this, let me know & I will.

Side note: I personally, think it may be a good idea to get a Wall Street reporter & Wash Post reporter on board. If anything is uncovered, they could work with the WS owners to keep it under wraps but have it all completely documented in case a cover up should arise. Both entities have no fear in revealing the bad chit of politics & the underworld. Just a suggestion...

One more question before rolling... Does anyone have the exact or near coordinates of Amy's sighting in San Fran?

Looking at the video a little closer, I do see some inconsistencies. Amy's eyes appear to be a little more widely-set. With the right-eyes, nose, and mouth aligned, the left eye appears to drift outward when the overlay switches to Amy. There is a very slight difference in camera angles that may account in-part for that difference, but I don't think the difference in camera angles is substantial enough to explain the apparent difference in pupillary distance.

Also, the ears appear to be quite different.

Here's the link again:
http://youtu.be/Q-GaKZsHN3Q

So if I am reading this post correctly, there is some doubt in your mind as to whether the photos are of the same person?

Wow,this is awesome. And confirms my belief even more that it is Amy. Same facial shape, same lips, same eyes, same nose. The only difference seems to be slight which is due to age, and that she's not smiling in the later photo so her lips are down turned slightly. The appearance that the ears are different is due to the very different hairstyles, very short versus long, and the way the hair covers and disguises the shape of the ears. Notice how in the photo w/ long hair, how it goes back behind the ears thus softening the edges and perhaps giving the illusion the ears are slightly smaller than in the earlier photo. Long hairstyles also completely change the appearance of the lines and angles of a person's face. I used to have long hair and I looked totally different when I look at photos of myself. Thanks for this link. :)

If Amy lost any teeth either to violence or lack of dentistry, that could somewhat alter facial structure. Also, ear piercing that have become horribly infected due to negligence or ripped out - could change the appearance of ears.

If someones life may be endangered by what we post, why is there an Amy Bradley thread

The only thing we can discuss is what has already been released to the public. The rest? We don't know

Its speculation and opinion, thats what most of the discussions on threads are about
Asking questions and getting input from other posters

Free thinking

I appreciate that there are certain subjects that shouldn't be discussed

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amy-bradley

is it just me or is the wording on the FBI website weird... I found it strange how they worded the information for the first male compared to the second and third...it doenst say they are seeking information on the first man... makes me think even harder about the waiter and POI number 1. I wonder if someone could look at the side by side comparison and see if they think they look similar...

The first sketch is that of an individual who was seen in Barbados March of 2005 and believed to have resembled Amy Bradley. The second sketch is that of man who was thought to have been with the woman who resembled Bradley. (see images, Sketch of woman resembling Bradley, Sketch of a man thought to be with the woman resembling Bradley)

I guess because the first man was seen with a woman resembling Amy Bradley

The other two... may have info, but not seen with the woman?

Concerning age progression pics., living on the lam whilst on FBI most wanted, huge reward and photo widely distributed, frequent travel,hiding in plain sight (finally arrested in Santa Monica) fake i.d.- one alias ,curiously TOM BAXTER, meetings in public ( the lion statues) reminds me of San F.sighting of Amy and handlers watching buskers ect. ect..
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitey_Bulger"]Whitey Bulger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

:waitasec: So why is it that we keep hearing that Amy wasn't wearing any shoes. Sounds to me like they aren't certain which shoes are even missing or not missing, or if she was or wasn't wearing shoes. Seems a little questionable to me that she would've left the room without something on her feet.

Unless you wanted to tip-toe out without disturbing anyone, or your feet were sore from dancing.

Good morning Jaime!

Yeah, I agree... Have to post real quick bc busy day but wanted to skim over updates before heading out. I thought this was very interesting in light of what I posted soon after coming to Amy's threads... Do you remember a post I made about Royal Caribbean being sued by the US bc of fudging their records of waste contaminants in their books? This had something to do with when they come into customs or various ports, I believe the US govt focussed on their Miami docking books in the suit (not sure) but the US won & Royal Carib had to pay out millions $$$. I stated if they can doctor those books so easily then they can do other shady things as well. I can't look right now but if somebody would be so kind as to search certain types of suits, it might be interesting to compare what was going on with Royal Carib financially for maybe a 5 year period surrounding Amy's disappearance. Human Trafficking is the 2nd highest grossing underworld business in the entire world and it's extremely easy to launder that money. I'm not saying RC is involved, I'm only suggesting its worth looking into...

There's a reason these people hid everything pertaining to Amy from the public. I aim to find that reason.
Jaime, you're good at digging up stuff too - look at San Juan, then the Dominican - then Cuba. There's ALOT of stuff that gets hidden in San Juan due to trafficking of people as well as drugs. San Juan has long been a jumping point for alot of illegal trafficking (related to the Dominican & Cuba) for years bc of the huge payout from the Dominican & Cuba. US cant travel to Cuba (but most other countries can) but they can to the Dominican. Trafficking in Cuba is their #1 $ maker for medium to low income persons. They are a repressed land. In the Dominican, papers can be drawn up illegally then pushed into Cuba & elsewhere. I know Cuba hasn't come up in this case, I'm only using it as an example. Using San Juan as a jumping point is part of the key IMO.

The more high profile a suspected trafficked missing person gets, the more money some freaks would pay for that person. They get off on the game of risk. It's sick & twisted. This is why I do believe she could still be alive...bc I haven't seen any proof that she's dead.

If she was taken by a group for other reasons than being trafficked, then she has an even greater chance of being alive considering terrorism isn't even a thought here, and she wasn't a drug dealer, and she wasn't in a gang, etc.

Still looking at all of these companies linked with aav... There's a lot.

Its extremely bad for business!!
They are selling a fantasy, a trip pf a lifetime
Every wish is our command

An accident, disappearance, rape , murder is not good for their public image
Cruise lines are notorious for hiding bad things

a couple things - according to the style weekly article she had her license on her when she disappeared. the article also had a lot more details about how the ship was searched.

the article also describes her father seeing her at 5:30am then waking again at 6:00, not seeing her, and immediately freaking out that foul play might be involved. does anyone know if this description is just the author of the piece taking liberties or if it's been described that way elsewhere? i ask simply because it doesn't make sense to me that you'd wake up and see the person, then wake up again 30 minutes later and immediately start searching the ship and freaking out that something happened to them, especially since her and her brother are described as having been all over the ship at all hours of the night (nothing wrong with that, just that i'd assume she was wandering around). wouldn't you just assume she had taken a walk, or gone to get breakfast, gone to watch the sun rise, etc? i'm hoping there might be more details (such as the father hearing a weird noise, or hearing her talking to someone, or something else that would make the average person suspicious enough to immediately assume the worst).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018