VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she leave the room in the same clothing she wore that night?

Very possible, imo. From what I have read, that is one thing these sex traffickers do to keep their captives under their control. Then they get dependent on the drugs and thus are dependent on their captors. I truly don't know after a while, if these poor girls and women even want to be found if they are totally dependent on drugs. Especially if they also believe that their families could be in danger as well. :(

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it concerns me that Amy's life could be more endangered given the high profile nature of her case, and the information that has been so widely released such as on the Dr. Phil show, even on the Vanished show. I have actually found myself holding my breath when I stop and think about the serious and fragile nature of Amy's situation ... :no: I'm just not totally sure as to what is safe and what is not safe to discuss anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZig2DYx58&feature=fvwrel"]Crystal Meth Before & After and its Devastating Effects - YouTube[/ame]

Did she leave the room in the same clothing she wore that night?

The article stated she had removed her polo shirt, so she must've changed her shirt? There was also something mentioned about her "picking" up her jeans?
I was a little confused as to the specific implication of that.
I'll see if I can find the quote.

Here it is:

At 6 a.m., Ron woke up again. Amy wasn't in the room or on the balcony. Her cigarettes and lighter were gone. She had taken off the yellow polo shirt she had been wearing and picked up a pair of jeans. Ron looked for a note, Amy's habit before leaving anywhere, but there was none. Taking care not to wake Iva or Brad, he put on his shorts and went up to the pool deck, a level above, to look for her.
http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/part-ii/Content?oid=1390780

Here are some key things, to me, from Part II:

Returning to the ship, the family took showers and dressed for a formal dinner. Amy wore a tight open-back black jumpsuit with spaghetti straps. They waited in line to have their picture taken by the ship's photographer and chatted with other passengers.

Late that night, they took in a limbo party, dancing to the steel-drum music of the ship's Calypso band, Blue Orchid. Amy struck up a conversation with the band's bassist, a pudgy, bald Grenadan nicknamed "Yellow," short for "High Yellow," Caribbean slang for light black skin. It was typical Amy.

At about 2:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Ron Bradley woke up. Neither Amy nor Brad was in the cabin. Earlier in the evening, Brad had a little run-in with another passenger when the man grabbed Brad and told him to stop dancing with his wife. Brad didn't know the woman was married and apologized.

Wanting to make sure everything was OK, Ron sat up and told Iva he was going to check on Brad. He went to the ship disco, the Viking Lounge, and found Brad dancing with a handful of young women. Amy was on the second floor of the disco talking with band members and the club DJ. Satisfied, Ron went back to bed.

At 7:50 a.m., a young woman made a simple, quiet announcement over the ship's intercom: "Will Amy Bradley please come to the purser's desk?"

In the meantime, Brad went up to the pool deck to sit and watch in case Amy walked by. Yellow, the bass player, approached him. "Hey man, I'm sorry about your sister," he said. He asked what happened and then told Brad to wait while he got a friend to listen, too. Brad, who says that Yellow told him he was feeling "guilty," remembers the experience as "just odd."

Then the captain presented them with an option. If Amy wasn't on the ship, she was probably on shore in Curacao or in the water. If they stayed on the ship, they might lose a chance to search the island. Iva asked the captain if he was absolutely sure, if he thought beyond a shadow of a doubt that Amy was not on his ship. She says the captain said he was certain she wasn't aboard and that the best thing to do would be to leave the ship.

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/part-ii/Content?oid=1390780

a couple things - according to the style weekly article she had her license on her when she disappeared. the article also had a lot more details about how the ship was searched.

the article also describes her father seeing her at 5:30am then waking again at 6:00, not seeing her, and immediately freaking out that foul play might be involved. does anyone know if this description is just the author of the piece taking liberties or if it's been described that way elsewhere? i ask simply because it doesn't make sense to me that you'd wake up and see the person, then wake up again 30 minutes later and immediately start searching the ship and freaking out that something happened to them, especially since her and her brother are described as having been all over the ship at all hours of the night (nothing wrong with that, just that i'd assume she was wandering around). wouldn't you just assume she had taken a walk, or gone to get breakfast, gone to watch the sun rise, etc? i'm hoping there might be more details (such as the father hearing a weird noise, or hearing her talking to someone, or something else that would make the average person suspicious enough to immediately assume the worst).

I also wondered about this. But I seem to recall reading in an article, or maybe it was on 'Vanished', that because the ship was docking, the family had agreed to have breakfast together or something...?

Of course, it's also possible that Ron Bradley grew uneasy so swiftly because on an unconscious level, he'd picked up on someone watching Amy - or on something else.

Do we know if any of the family and/or cruise ship guests were ever hypnotised? This can sometimes throw up a lot more info.

Here are some key things to me, from Part III.

I am really questioning if Amy knew that the Illinois Mutual Trip was an annual one, and I am wondering if Amy was trying to get to San Franscisco in the hopes that her family or someone from the Insurance Company might see her?

At 6 a.m. on Wednesday, 24 hours after Amy disappeared, authorities on Curacao began the first full day of sea-and-air searches for Amy. Three helicopters, a British warship, a low-flying radar plane and numerous cargo ships, tugboats and fishing boats scoured the sea and coast for the next two days, finding no sign of her.

The ordeal has changed the Bradley family. Iva and Ron always look tired. Brad transferred from GMU to Virginia Commonwealth University and moved back home. Though Ron won the Illinois Mutual trip again this year, they didn't go. (It's a trip to San Francisco.

He says the FBI told Royal Caribbean that a table with Amy's footprints on it was found pushed against the railings with Amy's shoes atop it. He also says that Amy was heard to say to someone onboard that a great way to get attention would be to jump overboard and swim to shore.

Iva Bradley says Steck's statement about the table is a lie. The FBI has told her that Amy's footprints were never found on it, she says. Furthermore, the Bradley family all say the table was actually three feet from the railing. An FBI spokesperson denied that any representative of the FBI would have told Royal Caribbean anything about evidence in the case, though they wouldn't confirm that Amy's footprints were not found on the table. (Questioned later, Steck says he "may have leapt to a conclusion." He maintains that the FBI told the cruise line a footprint was found on the table but says he's not sure if it was Amy's.)

The Bradleys are adamant that Amy didn't jump. She wasn't suicidal and she wasn't stupid, they say, and she was afraid of the ocean. As for any shoes being left in the room or on the balcony, Amy packed at least 10 pair, they say, and they're not sure which are missing.

Royal Caribbean says none of its 40 video monitors that night were linked to videotape and none of the guards recalls seeing Amy. There are electronic records of Amy using her key card to enter the room at 3:40 a.m. Tuesday but, her brother Brad says, "because the [ship's] lock-link [system] does not record when a passenger exits the room, there is no record of what time Amy left the room."

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/part-iii/Content?oid=1383740

An important quote to remember, I think:

Iva Bradley says she will not publicly release many details of the latest sighting or her future plans for fear of tipping off Amy's presumed captor and thereby endangering her or making finding her more difficult. "We're kind of caught" between wanting to raise awareness — and funds for the expedition — and risking disaster. "Our main objective is to keep Amy safe."

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond...litary-operation-to-bring/Content?oid=1384781

After reading the articles quoted above, and now reading the highlights a question comes to my mind.

When was it discovered that Amy left with no shoes?

And i only ask because that is a reason given by Findamy to discount the taxi sighting

So I assume at some point this became clear, no shoes

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amy-bradley

is it just me or is the wording on the FBI website weird... I found it strange how they worded the information for the first male compared to the second and third...it doenst say they are seeking information on the first man... makes me think even harder about the waiter and POI number 1. I wonder if someone could look at the side by side comparison and see if they think they look similar...

I have been just lurking on the waiter vs. handler picture, but from the minute I saw the two, I felt it was the same man. JMO

If someones life may be endangered by what we post, why is there an Amy Bradley thread

The only thing we can discuss is what has already been released to the public. The rest? We don't know

Its speculation and opinion, thats what most of the discussions on threads are about
Asking questions and getting input from other posters

Free thinking

I appreciate that there are certain subjects that shouldn't be discussed

I think for me, it was primarily the information that was released on the Dr. Phil show that has concerned me. Just gave me somewhat of a sinking feeling in my stomach, a sense of foreboding, if you know what I mean, when I first watched that episode. I just seriously hope that her captors didn't see it as an in their face challenge or threat, then they in turn took it out on Amy. Yes, we have subsequently based much some of our discussions on that information but it's already been put out there so is water under the bridge. If it caused any problems for Amy, it would have been right away.

I don't really believe the content of what is posted here is an issue of concern as long as we remain aware and cautious of what we are doing, which we are 99% of the time. And the terrific mods are great about keeping us in line the rest of the time. JMO

After reading the articles quoted above, and now reading the highlights a question comes to my mind.

When was it discovered that Amy left with no shoes?

And i only ask because that is a reason given by Findamy to discount the taxi sighting

So I assume at some point this became clear, no shoes

My question is, if the taxi driver was astute enough to describe the abductor as having cowboy boots, wouldn't he especially notice if Amy was barefooted?

My question is, if the taxi driver was astute enough to describe the abductor as having cowboy boots, wouldn't he especially notice if Amy was barefooted?

You may be right

I have wondered about that, if i were to witness something like this, what would i notice and what would i miss

Eye witness accounts, if there are more than one eyewitness, often diiffer. i think people focus on different things

I need to be more thorough when I read some of this information. I had been thinking that the photo of the second male was Yellow. I just now realized the guy is described as having red hair and beard. Not Yellow. Was this red haired guy one of the men seen at the alleged sighting at the mall in Barbados? TIA

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amy-bradley

And the information in the Amy Interrupted article states they don't know how many pairs of shoes or exactly which ones she had brought with her or which ones were missing. This seems contradictory to there being knowledge that she was barefoot.

And the information in the Amy Interrupted article states they don't know how many pairs of shoes or exactly which ones she had brought with her or which ones were missing. This seems contradictory to there being knowledge that she was barefoot.

Yes it does

Did the witness say she was wearing shoes?
Did he not mention her feet at all?

FindAmy seemed to feel that the taxi cab driver sighting was not legit because he would have noticed that a woman was not wearing shoes. I don't fully agree with this. He might have been focused more on the tone of her voice and her facial expressions, if she was acting frightened. If I remember right from the Vanished episode, he noticed how green her eyes were. And if he were sitting inside the cab, he may have not been able to see her feet. To me this sighting sounds credible. But I guess the family knows more about this sighting than we do.

Furthermore, how would Amy's family know exactly how many shoes she brought (unless Amy told them) and which ones were missing? My mom would never know something like that.

I've always wondered about this whole barefoot thing. I mean, have you ever been on a cruise? EEEWWW. No way I would walk around in my bare feet unless I was headed from my deck chair to the pool. I certainly wouldn't leave my room to get coffee while I was barefoot.

Maybe that's just me, though. Eeew.

I've always wondered about this whole barefoot thing. I mean, have you ever been on a cruise? EEEWWW. No way I would walk around in my bare feet unless I was headed from my deck chair to the pool. I certainly wouldn't leave my room to get coffee while I was barefoot.

Maybe that's just me, though. Eeew.

Same here. When I'm staying in even the cleanest hotel room I bring a pair of flip flops to walk around the room in. I REALLY doubt Amy left her room barefoot. Maybe the 2 college age girls that saw Amy that morning did in fact witness her barefoot?

Superb post I think a lot of us here are missing that possible equation of 1. concern for their family and then 2. forced addiction.

I think you are right as well we have to weigh our comments against the possibility of danger to the victim and even to others in this case and others. Really something to think about. There is an unrelated case I am interested in where against all opinion I am not sure the victim is really deceased. And it really makes you think even if you were right maybe it would be better to say nothing. Again, excellent post.

I am grateful for the increased interest in amy's case since the verified insider came on WS. She did say some information may harm amy. I truly hope that nothing on here could harm her. I think that would not be the case as this thread was very inactive previous to the verified insider and that would have just put her in additional danger if that was the case.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members