VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking, as far as the photos, could subjecting Amy to that have been a means of punishment ?

It absolutely could! Also as a way to try and make her feel too humiliated to go home if she were to get the chance. :(

It absolutely could! Also as a way to try and make her feel too humiliated to go home if she were to get the chance. :([/QUOT

I can't imagine that she would refuse a chance to escape because of pics posted on an adult site

Many people believe the photos are definately Amy

Personally, I am not so sure, JMO

I can't imagine that she would refuse a chance to escape because of pics posted on an adult site.

I don't see Amy in those photos either. However the FBI did verify them, which leads me to believe it was indeed Amy.

As for not contacting anyone when she had the chance, well her captor could have told her that her family would be disgusted. There are definitely cases where victims could have asked for help, but didn't.

Jaycee Lee Dugard used the Internet on a daily basis when she was helping Phillip Craig Garrido with his printing business. Yet she says she felt like she couldn't reach out to contact anyone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaRmuuokQ0"]Jaycee Lee Dugard ABC interview July 10 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

<modsnip>

Welcome to WS cruisegirl and thanks for joining A's thread!
A cruise sounds like lots of fun in spite of some of the unusual happenings!
Although I do not follow politics too closely, I wonder about the "politics" behind A's disappearance and wonder about the role she might play, willingly or otherwise.
Maybe it is something as simple as they wanted a pro to teach basketball?!

If we are to believe the witnesses, she told two different people who she was
The Barbadoes witness and the military man

actually, i think you might be confused about the store/recepit - lord knows everything about this case is so confusing and convoluted.

FA said that AB was first seen in a del sol store paying for merchandise. the witness then saw her in the bathroom of a department store (she cant remember which store) and then saw AB and handlers again on broad street later in the day.

the witness says she saw her in the bathroom of the department store and never saw her again - until watching the dr phil show (i believe).

hope that helps. :)

actually, i think you might be confused about the store/recepit - lord knows everything about this case is so confusing and convoluted.

FA said that AB was first seen in a del sol store paying for merchandise. the witness then saw her in the bathroom of a department store (she cant remember which store) and then saw AB and handlers again on broad street later in the day.

the witness says she saw her in the bathroom of the department store and never saw her again - until watching the dr phil show (i believe).

hope that helps. :)

You are completely correct!!!! And I edited my post to remove my comment.

I started watching the videos Vanished again too, and starting at the beginning, Why did her fathers employer pay for the whole family to go on a cruise? This strikes me as unusual

I started watching the videos Vanished again too, and starting at the beginning, Why did her fathers employer pay for the whole family to go on a cruise? This strikes me as unusual

It was because the father worked in sales and he won a prize for his sales work. It is not unusual for companies to offer large bonuses like these to sales people.

This case makes me feel as if I have been slapped in the face alright.

I am sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around US LE knowing where a citizen is for fourteen(or however long) years and letting them suffer

Too many things about the info being given are hard to swallow

A young woman with no known political ties goes missing from a cruise ship. No history of unethical behavior.

The sightings are also questionable to me, I am sorry, but thats how i feel
I know that eye witness reports can be very misleading

VI says not sex trafficking, not organized crime
Whats left?

Its unfortunate that so many young people go missing and are never found, no trace of them

Is VI suggesting that whoever had/has her, has such incredible power that nothing can be done?
Who has that kind of power?

I have asked myself the same thing. The only thing that I can think of would be someone in or with connections to the government, or who for some reason has some protection by the government. If this were the case, it seems that it could seriously complicate the situation as far as what our own LE could do.

As South America is known for having more than their fair share of corruption I did some searching and found a little information concerning this.

Interesting that in this link, it mentions the increase in child sex tourism in Margarita Island.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Venezuela[/ame]

And according to this, Venezuela was rated one of the ten most corrupt countries in 2012.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Venezuela"]Corruption in Venezuela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The child trafficking angle has been brought up before, in our ongoing discussion of the reason Amy was taken and what she is being used for. <modsnip>

i remember years ago hearing about a family that was on vacation. they put the kids to bed in their cabana and went to the bar at the resort (or maybe a friends cabana?). when they went back to check on the kids an hour or so later, the daughter had vanished.

is there any way to tie any of the amy sightings to child abductions that happened around the same time??

That sounds like the Madeline McCann case. Is that the one you are thinking of or are you thinking of one in the Carribean?

The only reason I can think of that would prevent US justice system from doing anything would be if it is someone with diplomatic immunity

I guess a major stumbling block for me is why would thugs, johns, mobsters, or drug dealers, etc. use someone so unwilling and dangerous to their organization for almost 15 years when more willing/less risky people than Amy are available?

Why would they use someone like Amy in the childcare aspect? The (sick) breeding aspect- well they could get a similar looking person off the streets in many cities of N America and Europe who might be WILLING to do that for drugs or money or whatever.

I have read off and on here but am not a normal poster to this forum. I just can't wrap my mind around that.

I guess a major stumbling block for me is why would thugs, johns, mobsters, or drug dealers, etc. use someone so unwilling and dangerous to their organization for almost 15 years when more willing/less risky people than Amy are available?

Why would they use someone like Amy in the childcare aspect? The (sick) breeding aspect- well they could get a similar looking person off the streets in many cities of N America and Europe who might be WILLING to do that for drugs or money or whatever.

I have read off and on here but am not a normal poster to this forum. I just can't wrap my mind around that.

I do agree
There are many that would do that willingly and no one would be looking for them

has anyone thought to reach out to the bradleys via email and explain that we are trying to help, but receiving conflicting information and ask them to verify whats accurate and what isnt to help get us back on track? im sure they wouldnt turn down the help ...

According to this mod post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8395757&postcount=1622"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame], the TeamAmy@hotmail.com email is a working email address.

did anyone else notice that in part three of the style weekly article, it says that the father won another trip that year (the year the article was written) and that the location of the vacation was san fransisco?

i wonder if its an annual trip to SF, or, just that year?

the article was written in 1999, so it was some time prior to amys sighting in that same area.

Earlier, i read something that has my mind going

But I have a question
I am sure its been answered several times , so forgive me

The Barbadoes bathroom witness... Did she know who Amy was at the time of the siting, or did she realize after her return to the US?

If someone could help...

Earlier, i read something that has my mind going

But I have a question
I am sure its been answered several times , so forgive me

The Barbadoes bathroom witness... Did she know who Amy was at the time of the siting, or did she realize after her return to the US?

If someone could help...

she recognized her after she returned to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members