VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only on page three of the first thread, so forgive me if this is repetitive.

I always watch YouTube or DVDs on Saturday afternoon while I eat a late brunch. The Vanished story was recommend for me on YT so I watched it. I could not get it out of my mind afterwards! I have *never* seen anything like this case. Normally, we sleuthers, the police and the family try to find meaning and answers in every little thing and that is all we have, but here she has been found alive at *least* three times! How can this be happening?

I was so moved by the whole thing that I watched it again this afternoon.

Two things stood out to me though:

1) Why did Amy run to the taxi man and ask for a phone instead of asking for help? My theory is that she was so terrified of men in general after being kidnapped that when she briefly escaped she was too scared to ask for help? Thoughts?

2) Why did the Canadian man not think to alert someone when he originally saw a scared young woman surrounded by thugs? Why didn't he try to talk to her properly? Maybe he dismissed himself as being paranoid?

I pray she is found soon. I really think she is still alive and that she is still working in the sex industry. :(

Welcome to Amy's thread :wave:.

The reports of the sighting by the taxi driver have been a recurring question . All we really know is that according to the verified insider, FindAmy, the sighting of Amy approaching the taxi driver was mis-reported and never even happened.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8321417&postcount=939"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread #1 Post 939 by FindAmy:
Judith Margaritha has not been the only person from Curacao who has tried to deceive the Bradleys. I feel that the cab driver who claims he saw Amy running in the parking lot, also falls into this group. There is no way that he saw Amy running without her shoes on that morning. He didn't come up with this story until Ron returned to look for Amy. The cab driver had plenty of time to invent a story. He gave additional information which I personally think is bogus, also. I think he was after money or attention.

Judith Margaritha was asking for money as she led the Bradleys along. She implicated people who are completely innocent. At one point, she called by telephone to report that she was watching Amy eat pizza at the Pizza Hut. It's horrible. I don't have a lot of faith in most of the reports coming from Curacao. I absolutely believe that there are people in Curacao who know where Amy is, but they aren't saying anything.

Every tip is researched unless it's just absolutely crazy. Most of the tips are not good information or they are misidentifications. There have been some really, really, good tips.

People still try to con the Bradleys. Very recently, a woman from New York reported an elaborate tale about how she had recently seen Amy in Curacao. It was a very elaborate story. Ultimately, the goal was to get the Bradleys to sign papers that would have given this person access to certain funds. A man from California tried a similar con last year. All of these con attempts are turned over to the FBI.

For myself, I still wonder if it wasn't a true sighting. How would anyone know for sure, other than perhaps those involved in the kidnapping and Amy herself? I'm not implying anything here, other than there just doesn't seem to be any real basis for FA's certainty that it was not Amy that was seen. What, that she wasn't wearing shoes? :waitasec: Yet Mrs. Bradley previously stated she didn't know exactly how many pair of shoes Amy had packed, and to my knowledge there has been nothing to support the claim that Amy left the cabin that morning in her bare feet. And seems unlikely that she would have, Jmo.

I try to find any and all articles, websites and chats on Amy and read them several times to make sure I am not missing something. Recently I found a site that I had never seen, not a new site, but an interesting one, that was suggesting that there was more significance to Amy leaving the door to the balcony open when she left the room early in the morning, than it was given. Have been thinking about this and would like to see if any Websleuths members might have a thought on this.

I try to find any and all articles, websites and chats on Amy and read them several times to make sure I am not missing something. Recently I found a site that I had never seen, not a new site, but an interesting one, that was suggesting that there was more significance to Amy leaving the door to the balcony open when she left the room early in the morning, than it was given. Have been thinking about this and would like to see if any Websleuths members might have a thought on this.

Is this suggesting that she may have left rather abruptly or unexpectedly? I guess I'm not sure what path this is taking.

Is this suggesting that she may have left rather abruptly or unexpectedly? I guess I'm not sure what path this is taking.

Sometimes I have wondered if the door was left open and a little 'switcheroo' took place - Amy replaced with a female who at least looked like Amy " from the hips down" as Amy's Father last remembered seeing her...

I do have to say that I have questions and concerns with FindAmy in her open criticism of the Justice Department and the FBI in their handling of Amy's case. She is quite verbose in her criticism of them. So is that not in itself against Amy's best interest? How could that possibly help her ?

I do have to say that I have questions and concerns with FindAmy in her open criticism of the Justice Department and the FBI in their handling of Amy's case. She is quite verbose in her criticism of them. So is that not in itself against Amy's best interest? How could that possibly help her ?

Puts the heat on them. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease to make someone shut up. there are plenty of cases where the victim's family is stonewalled by police for many reasons.....whether it is their imagination or they have legitimate concerns....it keeps her case in their minds and the public's minds.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Puts the heat on them. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease to make someone shut up. there are plenty of cases where the victim's family is stonewalled by police for many reasons.....whether it is their imagination or they have legitimate concerns....it keeps her case in their minds and the public's minds.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe. I do believe, however, that using a hostile and accusatory attitude toward LE can possibly lead to unwanted adverse working relationships with them to the point that it can become counterproductive. There is a fine line ...

Maybe. I do believe, however, that using a hostile and accusatory attitude toward LE can possibly lead to unwanted adverse working relationships with them to the point that it can become counterproductive. There is a fine line ...

it can certainly lead to le not telling you anything more about the status of the case. in almost every one of these cases on ws that go cold there's an outcry blaming the police, fbi, etc for not being able to solve it. i certainly understand the frustration i just don't personally think every law enforcement agency at the state and federal level is completely inept at solving crimes. rather i think a lot of crimes are easy to get away with, it's just that the average crook makes dumb mistakes. when they don't make mistakes you get these types of cases.

The statement that really concerns me is the one in which she states that not only does she know what happened to Amy, but also that LE is aware of her location.

It is terrifying to think that our own government would rescue her if they could.

This might be a silly thought, but I haven't sen it discussed already. Please forgive me if it has been. I was just thinking about why an American woman would be useful if not for sex or to be a drug mule. What about dealings with a terrorist organization? I just googled "Venezuela terrorism" an was quite surprised.

I am probably way off base with that idea, but thanks for humoring me.

The statement that really concerns me is the one in which she states that not only does she know what happened to Amy, but also that LE is aware of her location.

It is terrifying to think that our own government would rescue her if they could.

This might be a silly thought, but I haven't sen it discussed already. Please forgive me if it has been. I was just thinking about why an American woman would be useful if not for sex or to be a drug mule. What about dealings with a terrorist organization? I just googled "Venezuela terrorism" an was quite surprised.

I am probably way off base with that idea, but thanks for humoring me.

Usually American women are taken for sex. But FA says that's not the case. I have no idea what could be so obvious it should slap us in the face.

Glad your here cruisegirl we need a fresh look at the case! :)

Usually American women are taken for sex. But FA says that's not the case. I have no idea what could be so obvious it should slap us in the face.

Glad your here cruisegirl we need a fresh look at the case! :)

This case makes me feel as if I have been slapped in the face alright.

I am sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around US LE knowing where a citizen is for fourteen(or however long) years and letting them suffer

Too many things about the info being given are hard to swallow

A young woman with no known political ties goes missing from a cruise ship. No history of unethical behavior.

The sightings are also questionable to me, I am sorry, but thats how i feel
I know that eye witness reports can be very misleading

VI says not sex trafficking, not organized crime
Whats left?

Its unfortunate that so many young people go missing and are never found, no trace of them

Is VI suggesting that whoever had/has her, has such incredible power that nothing can be done?
Who has that kind of power?

Cruisegirl welcome to the thread
Fresh thoughts are so welcome

This one makes my head spin, LOL

<modsnip>

I have thought for a while that Amy may have been chosen by some South American drug lord or similar, just because he decided he wanted to have her, and also maybe to bear some of his children. And, she is intelligent enough that she could serve other roles or perform specific tasks within that organization.
One reason I believe this is possible is because those people seem to have that mentality, believe they should have everything they want, and just take it. They have no regard or respect whatsoever for human rights. They also have the attitude that a woman is just a piece of property, that they are just another possession for them to "own". And what better way to stroke their own ego than to have a fair skinned woman from North American at their beck and call.

If it is a situation such as this, it could explain why Amy has been allowed to go out in public places, yet always guarded. She would probably be treated very well as long as she went along and appeased them and didn't try to escape or rock the boat. Also could explain why she is still alive versus as a sex slave, she most likely would not be. Who knows, she may have even become content and accepted her position. If this is the case, it is more than likely that she has developed Stockholm Syndrome, JMO of course.

<modsnip>

I have thought for a while that Amy may have been chosen by some South American drug lord or similar, just because he decided he wanted to have her, and also maybe to bear some of his children. And, she is intelligent enough that she could serve other roles or perform specific tasks within that organization.
One reason I believe this is possible is because those people seem to have that mentality, believe they should have everything they want, and just take it. They have no regard or respect whatsoever for human rights. They also have the attitude that a woman is just a piece of property, that they are just another possession for them to "own". And what better way to stroke their own ego than to have a fair skinned woman from North American at their beck and call.

If it is a situation such as this, it could explain why Amy has been allowed to go out in public places, yet always guarded. She would probably be treated very well as long as she went along and appeased them and didn't try to escape or rock the boat. Also could explain why she is still alive versus as a sex slave, she most likely would not be. Who knows, she may have even become content and accepted her position. If this is the case, it is more than likely that she has developed Stockholm Syndrome, JMO of course.

Quite possible, but in 2005, she told the bathroom witness who she was etc.
I can't understand why anyone would take a chance on her being seen in public. Makes no sense at all
An american woman surrounded by four foreign men would not go unnoticed

IF she became the "wife" of a wealthy man....
Could she have been moved around from one place to another on a private yacht or jet? I doubt she is using public airlines
Why would her(if its her) photos show up on a sex site?
Why not relieve her parents of their grief and tell them she is content and accepts her position?
She was old enough to decide for herself
Why talk to people and tell them who she is as late as 2005?
I realy hope I am wrong , but my feelings are that it was an abduction/murder/disposal
I apologize for such harsh words and I truly hope that I am wrong and she comes home

i would be almost certain that she could not be using commercial airlines for transportation.

something else that has bothered me all night was FA's statement that the SF sighting makes sense to her, based on her additional information. i just cant wrap my head around a connection between the southern caribbean and SF that doesnt involve drugs ... or maybe its does, but amy wasnt taken as a drug mule? maybe she was there on business, accompanying her "husband" (for lack of a better word).

her being taken as a wife or other "property" of a drug lord does also jive with what iva said - that someone saw her, someone wanted her, someone took her.

It always goes back to yellow and his lies and behavior for me

Why did her photos disappear on board ship
And why didn't the photographer make more copies? Or did he?

Quite possible, but in 2005, she told the bathroom witness who she was etc.
I can't understand why anyone would take a chance on her being seen in public. Makes no sense at all
An american woman surrounded by four foreign men would not go unnoticed

IF she became the "wife" of a wealthy man....
Could she have been moved around from one place to another on a private yacht or jet? I doubt she is using public airlines
Why would her(if its her) photos show up on a sex site?
Why not relieve her parents of their grief and tell them she is content and accepts her position?
She was old enough to decide for herself
Why talk to people and tell them who she is as late as 2005?
I realy hope I am wrong , but my feelings are that it was an abduction/murder/disposal
I apologize for such harsh words and I truly hope that I am wrong and she comes home

Pretty bold I agree, but maybe whoever took her is powerful enough to consider them self as untouchable. Could they have allowed her to go out into public as a means of testing / teaching / showing her that she was helpless.

I agree that they would not move her around using public transportation.

As far as the sex site photos, they could have been a red herring. Or, as part of a process to break and demean Amy. She does look totally horrified and humiliated in one of those photos.

Maybe up until the 2005 time period, she still had hopes of escaping, which has possibly diminished over time.

Just thinking, as far as the photos, could subjecting Amy to that have been a means of punishment ?

I can't imagine that the FBI/CIA would not have the ways and means to rescue Amy if they actually knew her whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader