VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With that much going on behind scenes, I hope they are able to bring Amy home soon! I think Amy could definitely be scared to contact home/L even if she's had a chance, because she might have child(ren) to protect, herself, or even her family in VA.
I doubt though, she thinks her family wouldn't accept what she's been forced into or her child(ren) if she has them, because she was a full fledged adult when abducted (if she was abducted) and probably wouldn't have the fears an abducted child might have about getting in trouble for something even if you were forced into it. She was 23 years old, whereas Jaycee Dugard was more like 11 if I remember correctly.

No, but she may think she'll be in huge trouble with LE for participating in whatever they've made her do. :(

Do you think LE would consider her an accomplice if they know that she was abducted? (I'm going off the theory that she was abducted and at least originally forced by threat of life to comply.) After awhile Stockholm syndrome/believing she would never be rescued was enough to have her continue to aid. Could/would LE really convict someone in those circumstance? I feel like there would be a huge public outcry...

Do you think LE would consider her an accomplice if they know that she was abducted? (I'm going off the theory that she was abducted and at least originally forced by threat of life to comply.) After awhile Stockholm syndrome/believing she would never be rescued was enough to have her continue to aid. Could/would LE really convict someone in those circumstance? I feel like there would be a huge public outcry...

IMO, no they wouldn't charge her if they can determine that she was captive (emotionally, physically, etc.) and coerced. But that's not what the captors would tell her!! It comes down to mind control and conditioning. "Now you're one of us." "LE would never believe you." "Your family isn't even looking for you, they know you're scum." "LE won't arrest us, we are untouchable." And she may have even seen evidence of LE looking the other way. Who knows what she might believe about herself and her whole situation by now. It's been so many years in whatever life they've forced her into.

That's JMO of what could be possibly going on and one reason why it might not be easy for her to just scream for help. It's like we see with survivors of DV. "Why didn't you just call 911?"

Lots going on politically now in the region, and when Amy was presumably abducted.
FARC are good at holding people for all sorts of reasons and for long periods of time..

JULY 24, 2014

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/w...ntelligence-chief-arrested-in-aruba.html?_r=0

"POTOSÍ, Bolivia — Officials on the Caribbean resort island of Aruba said Thursday that they had arrested a former Venezuelan intelligence chief at the request of the American authorities, who have accused him of involvement in drug trafficking.

Hugo Carvajal, a former general, was appointed in January as his country’s consul general in Aruba. Mr. Carvajal was close to Venezuela’s longtime president, Hugo Chávez, who died last year.

In 2008, the United States Treasury Department said Mr. Carvajal had helped funnel arms to Colombia’s largest guerrilla group, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, and had protected the group’s drug shipments from seizure by the Venezuelan authorities.

Mr. Chávez had a longstanding policy of helping the FARC. The Treasury Department also said that Mr. Carvajal had provided FARC members with Venezuelan identification documents, allowing them to travel to and from Venezuela.

The Venezuelan government issued an angry statement, calling Mr. Carvajal’s arrest illegal and arbitrary, and saying that it violated his diplomatic immunity. It demanded his immediate release. Speaking at a military parade in Maracaibo, Venezuela, President Nicolás Maduro described the arrest as a kidnapping and offered Mr. Carvajal his support."

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/farcs-civilian-captives-suffer-silence-144205970.html

May 2012

"Bogota, Colombia - It was the early evening, just after sunset, when six gunmen wearing ski masks stormed a ranch home on the outskirts of Granada, Colombia and forced Carmenza Suarez de Cruz into a car, and drove her down a dirt road into the darkness.

It all happened so fast that her husband, kids, and her dozen or so guests - all enjoying a house party - stood by, helpless to do anything about it.

That was on July 24, 1996, and Carmenza Suarez de Cruz hasn't been seen by her family ever since.

The gunmen were working for the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, and within seconds turned the 55-year-old wife and mother into another one of their civilian hostages.

The FARC demanded thousands of dollars for Carmenza's release. The family were ranchers; they're middle class, not rich, but nevertheless cobbled together the money, paid the FARC, and expected Carmenza to be released. But she wasn't.

Months later, the FARC demanded more money. The family paid it, but again Carmenza was not released. Disillusioned, the family could no longer keep paying ransoms. Years have now passed, but the pain of the kidnapping hasn't."

I read much of the Reddit posts regarding Amy. Wow, I can't believe that creep AD wasn't arrested. Seen giving her a drink the morning she disappeared and he was seen on the beach with her months later by Canadian tourist.

dotr, do you think whoever took Amy is involved with FARC?

[/B]

Rbbm.
Wondered the same thing, but remembered that Y was not just any guy dancing with A, he was a performing musician on the ship.
Think of performers mingling with the crowd, cameras going, onlookers at the dance floor ect. Amy was practically obliged socially and for Y's ego, to dance with him, essentially " shaking hands with Micky," whether she liked Disney or not. imo.

That's what I would think until I noticed that they danced multiple songs together and that "show me life" song was a back to back kind of personal dance that I've only ever done with a significant other. I think she liked yellow. Or was drunk and liked to dance and yellow was the company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same, drugged or on something, but again I don't know her normal behavior either. I wonder if the family expressed any thoughts on this video?

My family would have no idea what dancing was normal behavior for me or not. I'm prim and proper with my family, like i think Amy was, and not always so much when I'm not around them. So I'm not sure if their thoughts would even be too helpful. Maybe her brother's would be, as they were close in age and out together that night and he must have been there when Amy and yellow were dancing.

FindAmy has confirmed there indeed has been other sightings since 2005. He/she even alluded there may have ones where Amy was officially identified by her tattoos. However the post 2005 sightings are withheld for fear of Amy's safety and for the integrity of the investigation. We just need to remember Amy's case is NOT cold and it is still active. It is an on going investigation and FindAmy believes the FBI is still actively working on the case, and there has been significant developments. For the possible locations Amy was seen in the post 2005 sightings, or places she could be seen at i have posted on the previous page. I used to believe Amy died along time ago because i was on board with the sex trafficking theory. However since FindAmy has stated Amy is not being used for the purpose prostitution and is however being used as a mule in a very illegal profession, if that is the case it is huge possibility Amy could still be out there. As far as Amy contacting her family, a reddtor did ask this, and FindAmy confirmed she has not made contact. However i don't think this automatically rules out her being alive, Jaycee Lee Dugrad taught her two daughters how to read and write in captivity using the internet. I also remember from a documentary she even attempted to call home once, (correct me if I'm wrong) So i guess Amy could have tried to do this, or perhaps maybe one time even googled her name. However if Amy is still alive i think she has probably given up hope along time ago and perhaps might even have a child to protect.

My question is if the FBI is working so hard on her active open case then why did they take Amy off the FBIs missing persons database? How weird is that?

This has probably been shared before. Creepy video of Y dancing with Amy. I don't know Amy so I don't know if she is acting normally in the video or if she feels threatened. Amy Bradley - Compilation: http://youtu.be/DqzW5QNmxk4
Well there was a lot of bad dancing/tipsy dancing in that video for sure....I admit that the very first clip has me thinking the same as another poster...that she was on something. Mainly because I have seen some of my patients act like this when they have varying substances in them. However those experiences could be coloring my judgment too and this is just her being her...or maybe she's just had a couple drinks and this is the result. Her dancing in another one of the shots seemed really different though. It could be nothing...or something...

Maybe someone had the sort of plans for Amy, as the ones allegedly committed by van der Sloot?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-12/missing-teen-aruba/52512174/1

"Attorneys said both parents also expressed hope that van der Sloot's next stop is Birmingham, where he faces federal charges accusing him of extorting $25,000 from Beth Holloway to reveal the location of her daughter's body.

Prosecutors said the money was paid, but nothing was disclosed about the missing woman's whereabouts."

Maybe someone had the sort of plans for Amy, as the ones allegedly committed by van der Sloot?
Not likely, but is it possible than v. d. S. was on the same cruise as Amy, or knew someone on the ship? He would have been approx. 16 years old in 1998..

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-12/missing-teen-aruba/52512174/1

"Attorneys said both parents also expressed hope that van der Sloot's next stop is Birmingham, where he faces federal charges accusing him of extorting $25,000 from Beth Holloway to reveal the location of her daughter's body.

Prosecutors said the money was paid, but nothing was disclosed about the missing woman's whereabouts."

Joran was born in 1987. He would have been 11 years old in 1998.

My question is if the FBI is working so hard on her active open case then why did they take Amy off the FBIs missing persons database? How weird is that?

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...-children-national-missing-childrens-day-2010
Amy is currently listed on the FBI website as a missing child. She is in a group with Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry. Amanda Berry is indicated as found. It appears they must still be looking for Gina DeJesus. Perhaps someone needs to inform the FBI that Gina has been found and Amy is not a child. The Bradleys have asked for an explanation why Amy's information was removed, they have had no response. However FindAmy is much more intrusive to them, and didn't get a response either, but however he did make them very angry.

^^ That page is dated 2010 ^^

She is not on the current Missing/Kidnapped Persons which seems to be fairly up-todate - showing Abigail Hernandez as 'Recovered'

I also noticed Jacob Wetterling, Michaela Garret (for example) so apparently 'time' is not an issue.

It seems strange that Amy is not there :dunno: especially if as Find Amy says the family have actually been in contact with F.B.I. asking about this??

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...-children-national-missing-childrens-day-2010
Amy is currently listed on the FBI website as a missing child. She is in a group with Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry. Amanda Berry is indicated as found. It appears they must still be looking for Gina DeJesus. Perhaps someone needs to inform the FBI that Gina has been found and Amy is not a child. The Bradleys have asked for an explanation why Amy's information was removed, they have had no response. However FindAmy is much more intrusive to them, and didn't get a response either, but however he did make them very angry.

I saw this discussed on reddit. Would further make me worry that FBI is no longer working on the case since Amy was 23 when she went missing, not a child. Taking her down from the missing persons page and only leaving her on a missing children's page doesn't look like she's a top priority for them unfortunately. Which begs to differ with FindAmys account of recent sightings of Amy that just can't be discussed and that it's an open, active case with the FBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member