VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find confusing is that Amy said he(Yellow) was hitting on her and that he was a jerk, so I don't get why she would agree to meet him if that is how she felt.
On the other hand, if Amy thought he was a jerk, why was she dancing with him.

IIRC he did take one and it was " inconclusive", and he did a "thumbs up" afterward. I'll have to go back and find it to be sure, maybe I'm confusing it with another case.

The VI definitely stated that on another site.

In one of the old threads here the VI said that Amy may have been promised something like a good view of the ship coming in to dock. Or IMO perhaps she had already been told where the best vantage would be and then Alister waited for her hoping she would show up. Although I think it's possible that she was being watched, period, so they knew where to find her in any case. JMO

To clarify re: the dark liquid and how Yellow had it when he met up with Amy, this is what the VI said in post #355 of the first Amy Bradley thread:

Two coeds saw Amy and Douglas in the glass elevators going up to the disco level. Another witness who has appeared for a Grand Jury and Federal Court stated that she was in the disco area and she watched Douglas and Amy come off of the glass elevator and walk toward the bar. Douglas turned the music up. He proceeded to get a dark liquid and he gave it to Amy. The liquid appeared to be coke or coffee. This witness left at this point to disembark in Curacao.
There is a freight elevator that also leads to this disco area. Doulgas was seen returning to a lower level in the glass elevator. He was alone.
The disco area is a large open area on one of the upper decks. It is open 24hours each day and it is an area with a lot of activity. The disco area has it's own bar. This is not a quiet place that was closed off from the ship except at night.

BBM

What I find confusing is that Amy said he(Yellow) was hitting on her and that he was a jerk, so I don't get why she would agree to meet him if that is how she felt.

Yes, but she said that to her family. Apparently, she had a boyfriend at the time. This could be just what she told her parents so that they wouldn't either lecture her or get mad at her if they knew she wanted to hang out with another guy. If someone was creeping me out, and they asked me to dance, I would just say, "No. I have a boyfriend and it wouldn't be appropriate." I'd leave it at that. I think most women would do the same. If I didn't have a boyfriend, but someone I found creepy asked me to dance, I'd even lie and say, "No. I have a boyfriend" just to get them to leave me alone.

By all accounts, Amy was an intelligent and confident person. I don't see why she'd be afraid to tell a creepy guy that she had a boyfriend and couldn't go to a club with him/dance with him/etc.

Apparently, she had a boyfriend at the time. This could be just what she told her parents so that they wouldn't either lecture her or get mad at her if they knew she wanted to hang out with another guy. If someone was creeping me out, and they asked me to dance, I would just say, "No. I have a boyfriend and it wouldn't be appropriate." I'd leave it at that. I think most women would do the same. If I didn't have a boyfriend, but someone I found creepy asked me to dance, I'd even lie and say, "No. I have a boyfriend" just to get them to leave me alone.
By all accounts, Amy was an intelligent and confident person. I don't see why she'd be afraid to tell a creepy guy that she had a boyfriend and couldn't go to a club with him/dance with him/etc.

I've often wondered if one of the reasons that she was chosen was that they were looking for someone who is polite and compliant. Predators are good at assessing their prey, and females are often taught to be "nice" (this is not a criticism of her upbringing!!!). Maybe she danced with him to be "nice". According to her parents she wasn't comfortable with attention from waiters and Yellow, but perhaps she was still polite with them and tried to be friendly. Women often ignore their gut instincts because they are conditioned to please. Just a thought.

Okay, the boyfriend: yesterday I finally found a reference to this boyfriend but didn't bookmark it and now I can't recall where it was. Ack! I thought Chris Fenwick's site but now I don't see it. ANYWAY, it stated that she was "seriously" dating the manager of the restaurant where she worked, and that he flew down to Aruba when she first went missing to help the family search. Anyone else recall seeing this?

Yes, but she said that to her family. Apparently, she had a boyfriend at the time. This could be just what she told her parents so that they wouldn't either lecture her or get mad at her if they knew she wanted to hang out with another guy. If someone was creeping me out, and they asked me to dance, I would just say, "No. I have a boyfriend and it wouldn't be appropriate." I'd leave it at that. I think most women would do the same. If I didn't have a boyfriend, but someone I found creepy asked me to dance, I'd even lie and say, "No. I have a boyfriend" just to get them to leave me alone.

Rbbm.
Wondered the same thing, but remembered that Y was not just any guy dancing with A, he was a performing musician on the ship.
Think of performers mingling with the crowd, cameras going, onlookers at the dance floor ect. Amy was practically obliged socially and for Y's ego, to dance with him, essentially " shaking hands with Micky," whether she liked Disney or not. imo.

[/B]

Rbbm.
Wondered the same thing, but remembered that Y was not just any guy dancing with A, he was a performing musician on the ship.
Think of performers mingling with the crowd, cameras going, onlookers at the dance floor ect. Amy was practically obliged socially and for Y's ego, to dance with him, essentially " shaking hands with Micky," whether she liked Disney or not. imo.

Was she dancing before she danced with Yellow? I am not clear on whether or not he just walked up to her on the dance floor, or if he approached her when she was not dancing.

Did amy say he was a jerk before or after dancing with him? I think it was before which is odd but wanting to make sure my timeline is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has probably been shared before. Creepy video of Y dancing with Amy. I don't know Amy so I don't know if she is acting normally in the video or if she feels threatened. Amy Bradley - Compilation: http://youtu.be/DqzW5QNmxk4

I watched again and get bad vibes from his body language. It also kind of shocks me she seems kind of in to dancing with him. I wouldn't think a girl would turn her back and dance against him if she didn't have some sort of interest? No? And I mean no disrespect to Amy. Just thinking it doesnt look like she felt threatened. Perfect opportunity for him

I watched again and get bad vibes from his body language. It also kind of shocks me she seems kind of in to dancing with him. I wouldn't think a girl would turn her back and dance against him if she didn't have some sort of interest? No? And I mean no disrespect to Amy. Just thinking it doesnt look like she felt threatened. Perfect opportunity for him

It's hard to say without knowing Amy, but to me she looks uncomfortable. And perhaps a bit... I don't know how to say this delicately, but she looks like she could be on something. BUT that's just from someone (me) who doesn't know what she normally looks like when she's dancing. And by "on something" that doesn't mean she took it by consent. JMO, YMMV

It's hard to say without knowing Amy, but to me she looks uncomfortable. And perhaps a bit... I don't know how to say this delicately, but she looks like she could be on something. BUT that's just from someone (me) who doesn't know what she normally looks like when she's dancing. And by "on something" that doesn't mean she took it by consent. JMO, YMMV
I thought the same, drugged or on something, but again I don't know her normal behavior either. I wonder if the family expressed any thoughts on this video?

I thought the same, drugged or on something, but again I don't know her normal behavior either. I wonder if the family expressed any thoughts on this video?

I can see how someone could get that impression, and I agree, she appeared to be "buzzed" on something, though could easily have just been alcohol. And FWIW people do tend to get a little happier and get a little looser than usual when they're on vacation, maybe even more so on a cruise ship ? Think about it, there's just something about that environment, everyone's drinking, everyone's dancing, the music is very loud and nonstop to the point that it becomes almost hypnotic, it's just a total party atmosphere.
Anyway, the point I'm working up to is, if she was indeed inebriated or drugged, by whatever means, I think it could be very possible that, given the invitation, she may have agreed to meet up with Yellow. Regarding the he's a "jerk" comment, well, things change when you're young and there's alcohol , etc. involved. And watching them dance together, there's nothing to even remotely suggest that at that point in time, she thinks Yellow is a jerk. Oh if only she had. :( JMO

All these years, no sighting since 2005, it isn't looking good that she is alive or will ever be returned. With mobile phone and internet advances I'm surprised she's never had a chance to call or email her family.

Anyway, the point I'm working up to is, if she was indeed inebriated or drugged, by whatever means, I think it could be very possible that, given the invitation, she may have agreed to meet up with Yellow.

i could agree with that if she hadn't subsequently sat outside with her brother smoking cigarettes and he didn't notice any weird or inebriated behavior. the fact that she didn't mention meeting up with "yellow" to her brother means one of two things - 1) she wasn't meeting up with yellow or 2) she didn't want people knowing she was meeting him. in situation #1 yellow couldn't have drugged her with coffee as hypothesized because he wouldn't have known he would run into her. situation #2 begs the question why she'd meet with this guy without telling anyone. imo she decided on a whim to go see the sun rise (i think the family has said they believe as much to be possible) and something happened. i don't think she was scared of "yellow" but i do think a lot of things get scrutinized when someone goes missing that otherwise wouldn't be noteworthy (e.g. - she might have said he was a jerk, but it only becomes noteworthy because she went missing. just like the photographer not being able to find her pictures from dinner only becomes noteworthy because she went missing).

All these years, no sighting since 2005, it isn't looking good that she is alive or will ever be returned. With mobile phone and internet advances I'm surprised she's never had a chance to call or email her family.

FindAmy has confirmed there indeed has been other sightings since 2005. He/she even alluded there may have ones where Amy was officially identified by her tattoos. However the post 2005 sightings are withheld for fear of Amy's safety and for the integrity of the investigation. We just need to remember Amy's case is NOT cold and it is still active. It is an on going investigation and FindAmy believes the FBI is still actively working on the case, and there has been significant developments. For the possible locations Amy was seen in the post 2005 sightings, or places she could be seen at i have posted on the previous page. I used to believe Amy died along time ago because i was on board with the sex trafficking theory. However since FindAmy has stated Amy is not being used for the purpose prostitution and is however being used as a mule in a very illegal profession, if that is the case it is huge possibility Amy could still be out there. As far as Amy contacting her family, a reddtor did ask this, and FindAmy confirmed she has not made contact. However i don't think this automatically rules out her being alive, Jaycee Lee Dugrad taught her two daughters how to read and write in captivity using the internet. I also remember from a documentary she even attempted to call home once, (correct me if I'm wrong) So i guess Amy could have tried to do this, or perhaps maybe one time even googled her name. However if Amy is still alive i think she has probably given up hope along time ago and perhaps might even have a child to protect.

FindAmy has confirmed there indeed has been other sightings since 2005. He/she even alluded there may have ones where Amy was officially identified by her tattoos. However the post 2005 sightings are withheld for fear of Amy's safety and for the integrity of the investigation. We just need to remember Amy's case is NOT cold and it is still active. It is an on going investigation and FindAmy believes the FBI is still actively working on the case, and there has been significant developments. For the possible locations Amy was seen in the post 2005 sightings, or places she could be seen at i have posted on the previous page. I used to believe Amy was died along time ago because i was on board with the sex trafficking theory. However since FindAmy has stated Amy is not being used for the purpose prostitution and is however being used as a mule in a very illegal profession, if that is the case it is huge possibility Amy could still be out there. As far as Amy contacting her family, a reddtor did ask this, and FindAmy confirmed she has not made contact. However i don't think this automatically rules out her being alive, Jaycee Lee Dugrad taught her two daughters how to read and write in captivity using the internet. I also remember from a documentary she even attempted to call home once, (correct me if I'm wrong) So i guess Amy could have tried to do this, or perhaps maybe one time even googled her name. However if Amy is still alive i think she has probably given up hope along time ago and perhaps might even have a child to protect.

A child very possibly, And she also may feel/ believe/know that her family is safer if she doesn't contact them and stays out of their lives. Jmo

There's some really interesting discussion going on now with FindAmy on Reddit. (Just google Reddit + Amy Bradley) FindAmy assures us that there is MUCH going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, that there's been MANY sightings since 2005, and that it will all be shocking when it's all released to the public. (I've been racking my brain trying to imagine what would be so shocking that we haven't thought about - I mean really we've heard it all, being members of Websleuths.)

If only Amy had not gone by herself out of the cabin that fateful morning - I'm not blaming her at all, just saying we can use stories like this as a lesson to keep ourselves safer. Oh, and FindAmy has also stated, regarding the question of why someone would walk in bare feet on a gross cruise ship, that Amy loved to go shoeless everywhere.

With this talk of her possibly having a child/children by now....I keep thinking of Jaycee Dugard, who, when realizing she'd been rescued, stated that one of her first thoughts was she was worried her mother wouldn't accept her 2 daughters. I imagine this has to weigh heavily on Amy's mind, if she is a mother now.

There's some really interesting discussion going on now with FindAmy on Reddit. (Just google Reddit + Amy Bradley) FindAmy assures us that there is MUCH going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, that there's been MANY sightings since 2005, and that it will all be shocking when it's all released to the public. (I've been racking my brain trying to imagine what would be so shocking that we haven't thought about - I mean really we've heard it all, being members of Websleuths.)

If only Amy had not gone by herself out of the cabin that fateful morning - I'm not blaming her at all, just saying we can use stories like this as a lesson to keep ourselves safer. Oh, and FindAmy has also stated, regarding the question of why someone would walk in bare feet on a gross cruise ship, that Amy loved to go shoeless everywhere.

With this talk of her possibly having a child/children by now....I keep thinking of Jaycee Dugard, who, when realizing she'd been rescued, stated that one of her first thoughts was she was worried her mother wouldn't accept her 2 daughters. I imagine this has to weigh heavily on Amy's mind, if she is a mother now.

With that much going on behind scenes, I hope they are able to bring Amy home soon! I think Amy could definitely be scared to contact home/L even if she's had a chance, because she might have child(ren) to protect, herself, or even her family in VA.

I doubt though, she thinks her family wouldn't accept what she's been forced into or her child(ren) if she has them, because she was a full fledged adult when abducted (if she was abducted) and probably wouldn't have the fears an abducted child might have about getting in trouble for something even if you were forced into it. She was 23 years old, whereas Jaycee Dugard was more like 11 if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry