VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Amy met Yellow previously, perhaps playing a gig in her hometown, or even at a basket ball game, where she was playing?

Did she take her cigarettes with her when she left the cabin?

Scratch that.. she did

since i'm getting nowhere with trying to separate fact from fiction -

if we are to believe "yellow" was sighted giving her a coffee and that coffee was laced with something (there's no evidence of that whatsoever but hey why not), then he had to know she was planning to meet with him (unless someone wants to theorize that he carried laced coffee around with him just in case). if she didn't mention the meeting to her brother while they were talking on the balcony an hour earlier then any theories why she was having a secretive meeting with "yellow"?

You're right! Thank you for pointing this out. It must be either the world's biggest coincidence that he met up with her, or the sighting isn't true.

I also can't help but notice the very small window between when her father reported seeing her asleep (5:30 AM) and when she was supposedly spotted with Yellow (6:00 AM). If this is accurate, then she must not have been sound asleep if she was up and having coffee just a half-hour later. That's always seemed strange to me.

Dushi-I recall reading that the club was located at the top of some stairs, and that there didn't appear to be anything above the club. I wonder if the hotel sighting is a separate sighting? Who was the hispanic woman that was sitting with Amy? What was she doing when Amy went up to the American guy and then was pulled away? Surely she would have stopped her from saying something to the man if she was one of the group who was holding her? She wouldn't have just let her walk up to him? I wonder what she did after Amy was pulled away? Did the men come back to the table where she was sitting?

You're right! Thank you for pointing this out. It must be either the world's biggest coincidence that he met up with her, or the sighting isn't true.

I also can't help but notice the very small window between when her father reported seeing her asleep (5:30 AM) and when she was supposedly spotted with Yellow (6:00 AM). If this is accurate, then she must not have been sound asleep if she was up and having coffee just a half-hour later. That's always seemed strange to me.

Dushi-I recall reading that the club was located at the top of some stairs, and that there didn't appear to be anything above the club. I wonder if the hotel sighting is a separate sighting? Who was the hispanic woman that was sitting with Amy? What was she doing when Amy went up to the American guy and then was pulled away? Surely she would have stopped her from saying something to the man if she was one of the group who was holding her? She wouldn't have just let her walk up to him? I wonder what she did after Amy was pulled away? Did the men come back to the table where she was sitting?

According to Vanishing, Amy's father didn't state she was sleeping, but "relaxing" on the balcony, this was around 5:30 a.m.

Wasn't the club upstairs?

The club in Salinja is above a car wash. The bar being referred to here was on the ground floor of Solaris Hotel. HTH

The fact that Amy met up with Yellow while the family thinks she went off in search of coffee... who seeks out the band leader when they want coffee? Either it was a big coincidence that they met up, or she planned to meet him (for coffee or anything else), or he was watching her. The VI did say that she may have been promised something like a good view of the ship coming into dock. That does not explain the bare feet, which the VI seems pretty clear on.

P.S. Forgot to respond to the comment re: "tacky tourists" not being a common sight in SF. I respectfully beg to differ. :) This is a common, popular tourist destination that attracts its fair share of sunburned waddlers. We're not Mustique. :)

ETA: I don't find it incongruous that Amy wants to be recognized while she is too scared to scream for help. Victims can be in a state of fear-driven emotional paralysis, compounded with threats to their family. She may be terrified to botch an escape attempt, or feels she's in too deep, but wants people to know she's alive. This is similar to DV survivors and why they don't "just leave" or "just call 911". Maybe Amy has reason to believe that local LE won't do a damn thing for her, either, whether that's a factual conclusion or due to brainwashing. Maybe she's just trying to survive. Maybe she now has someone else to protect...

All very good questions
We can only go by what Hefner said he saw.

VI stated that Amy thought the bass player was a jerk and he was hitting on her

Perhaps she thought she'd only be gone a few minutes at a short distance to get a cup of coffee or something? Did the witnesses who saw her with Yellow that morning notice if she was wearing shoes?

She took her cigarettes and lighter with her so to me, a smoker, it seems she was planning on being away more than a few minutes
If she was planning on staying in the restaurant for coffee, she would need shoes
If she was picking one up to bring back maybe they would serve her without shoes.
But why bring your cigarettes?

She took her cigarettes and lighter with her so to me, a smoker, it seems she was planning on being away more than a few minutes
If she was planning on staying in the restaurant for coffee, she would need shoes
If she was picking one up to bring back maybe they would serve her without shoes.
But why bring your cigarettes?
To smoke. I'm a smoker and I bring them with every where its habit. Maybe she was just going to smoke.

To smoke. I'm a smoker and I bring them with every where its habit. Maybe she was just going to smoke.

Could have been the reason
I would have thought she would have smoked on the balcony in those days

It seems unlikely to me that she left to meet Yellow after saying he was a jerk.

Although she did dance with him the night before

According to the Style Weekly article, Amy and her brother were smoking on the balcony at 3:45 AM
So, she certainly could have left to smoke but it wasn't necessary to do so

A child perhaps? Or children?

Possibly! Not even her own, necessarily... But I think it's just as possible that if she's still alive she's gone into survival mode. They may have convinced her that no one is looking for her OR she's wanted along with them now that she's been a participant, no one will believe her that she's doing this as a victim, her family knows what she's up to and have disowned her, etc. I mean, all these years and no one has rescued her, so who could blame her if she thinks no one is even trying. And if she's seen evidence of LE being paid off or looking the other way, then what hope would she have of asking for help. So sad to think about.

The Salinja club sighting was the last publicized sighting of Amy 8 months later from the Barbados one, I posted a photo of it on the previous page, The club is over an auto parts store and a car wash. As you can tell in the photo there are stairs leading up into the club.

And about the hotel sighting, this one confused me too, however that is the brothel encounter where Amy identified herself to the American sailor. That one took place in January 1999. As for why the Hispanic woman she was sitting beside did not pull Amy away, she could have very well also been being forced to work there as well. I think perhaps maybe the woman might have even encouraged Amy to do it, From what we've heard about the sightings, it seems Amy has more of a rebel streak in her whereas most human trafficking victims would be too afraid to do or say anything. Amy is very brave. Also one thing that is interesting to know FindAmy has said that Amy's demeanor and personality has changed dramatically over the years, Amy used to be very bold and confident when pleading for help, for example the Porto Marie sighting and the Brothel encounter. However after the years Amy has been reported as meek and interaction has been coaxed. She no longer tries to ask for help verbally, however she does use nonverbal communication. Also from what FindAmy has heard from the post-2005 withheld sightings, It appears Amy still wants to come home. In the post 2005 sightings, FindAmy will only disclose she appeared healthy in them, although still under a lot of stress. She had very short hair and long hair in those. As for the locations of them since Amy has been seen in several places in the southern Caribbean, the west coast, in San Francisco. FindAmy encourages people to continue to keep your eyes open in those locations plus also Venezuela, as goes for the entire eastern coast of the US, Panama, all Caribbean islands, and Florida. Also anyone traveling in Europe might also want to keep their eyes open as well.

The Salinja club sighting was the last publicized sighting of Amy 8 months later from the Barbados one, I posted a photo of it on the previous page, The club is over an auto parts store and a car wash. As you can tell in the photo there are stairs leading up into the club.

And about the hotel sighting, this one confused me too, however that is the brothel encounter where Amy identified herself to the American sailor. That one took place in January 1999. As for why the Hispanic woman she was sitting beside did not pull Amy away, she could have very well also been being forced to work there as well. I think perhaps maybe the woman might have even encouraged Amy to do it, From what we've heard about the sightings, it seems Amy has more of a rebel streak in her whereas most human trafficking victims would be too afraid to do or say anything. Amy is very brave. Also one thing that is interesting to know FindAmy has said that Amy's demeanor and personality has changed dramatically over the years, Amy used to be very bold and confident when pleading for help, for example the Porto Marie sighting and the Brothel encounter. However after the years Amy has been reported as meek and interaction has been coaxed. She no longer tries to ask for help verbally, however she does use nonverbal communication. Also from what FindAmy has heard from the post-2005 withheld sightings, It appears Amy still wants to come home. In the post 2005 sightings, FindAmy will only disclose she appeared healthy in them, although still under a lot of stress. She had very short hair and long hair in those. As for the locations of them since Amy has been seen in several places in the southern Caribbean, the west coast, in San Francisco. FindAmy encourages people to continue to keep your eyes open in those locations plus also Venezuela, as goes for the entire eastern coast of the US, Panama, all Caribbean islands, and Florida. Also anyone traveling in Europe might also want to keep their eyes open as well.

Re: the short hair and long hair descriptions, maybe she's wearing a wig at times so as to disguise her appearance. It would be interesting to know the particulars of the latest sightings. I've always thought that the "modeling" photos of her looked as though she was wearing a wig. Jmo

Lie detector tests can be beaten. I still think the creep knows what happened. He must of drugged her a delivered her to someone else. Just my opinion.

Yes, I know they can be beaten, which is why they are not admissible evidence.
Are you thinking that this meeting with Amy was prearranged, planned the night before?

I read they are 80-85% accurate if administered properly. Good question on whether she arranged to meet with Yellow. They were dancing together earlier in the evening so I suppose he could have invited her up for coffee and watch the sun rise at 6:00 am. Which was a ruse to drug her and pass her on to someone else to take off the ship. Remember they were close to port at the time of her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli