Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy's mother pleaded with the crew:

"I got very, very panicked and frightened and I asked them please don't put the gangplank down. 'You need to lock the ship up. You need to back the ship off of the dock. Don't let anybody off of this boat. Somebody's got my daughter.'"

The Bradleys claim the purser didn't broadcast the first page for Amy until 10 minutes to 8:00. By then, Amy's mother said, most of the passengers had disembarked for the day: "

Have I got this right ?

Ron noticed Amy 'missing' at 6am, got up, went looked on deck etc. before awakening Iva.

Most passengers had disembarked by 7:50am

So Iva's frantic plea to lock-down an entire cruise ship for her missing 23 year old daughter occurs within approximately 1.5 hours ?!

Seriously ??
Does that not seem a bit OTT ?

http://unsolved.com/archives/amy-bradley

"You go on a trip and come home without one of them and *you get no help*. It's a pretty devastating 24/ 7 situation."
Iva Bradley

At 6 a.m. on Wednesday, 24 hours after Amy disappeared, authorities on Curacao began the first full day of sea-and-air searches for Amy. Three helicopters, a British warship, a low-flying radar plane and numerous cargo ships, tugboats and fishing boats scoured the sea and coast for the next two days, finding no sign of her.

Hmmm ..... :thinking:

http://www.publicrecords.com/free-criminal-records/amy_lynn_bradley-criminal-record-report

http://web.archive.org/web/20050102144648/http://richmond.com/output.cfm?ID=1669

Someone upthread mentioned about the footprint on the table.

From the Amy Interrupted, Part III:

He says the FBI told Royal Caribbean that a table with Amy’s footprints on it was found pushed against the railings with Amy’s shoes atop it. He also says that Amy was heard to say to someone onboard that a great way to get attention would be to jump overboard and swim to shore.

Iva Bradley says Steck’s statement about the table is a lie. The FBI has told her that Amy’s footprints were never found on it, she says. Furthermore, the Bradley family all say the table was actually three feet from the railing. An FBI spokesperson denied that any representative of the FBI would have told Royal Caribbean anything about evidence in the case, though they wouldn’t confirm that Amy’s footprints were not found on the table. (Questioned later, Steck says he “may have leapt to a conclusion.” He maintains that the FBI told the cruise line a footprint was found on the table but says he’s not sure if it was Amy’s.)

Debate all you want, IMHO she didn't fall overboard. How do you explain away all the various detailed sightings, she identified herself on two occasions. If she was never seen again I could entertain her falling overboard. It didn't happen. Her father saw her laying down on deck with door closed. Next time he woke the door was open and she wasn't there. She obviously opened the door walked in and then exited cabin. Why is everyone so fixated on her falling overboard? I don't get it.

Debate all you want, IMHO she didn't fall overboard. How do you explain away all the various detailed sightings, she identified herself on two occasions. If she was never seen again I could entertain her falling overboard. It didn't happen. Her father saw her laying down on deck with door closed. Next time he woke the door was open and she wasn't there. She obviously opened the door walked in and then exited cabin. Why is everyone so fixated on her falling overboard? I don't get it.

Exactly, the overboard theory in Amy's case is in the same field of the Yeti theory in Maura Murray's disappearance. It's ridiculous. It's preposterous to believe Amy fell off the ship in open waters. The ship was not in open waters but rather in the canal involved in the docking process during the time Any went missing. Amy's body would have been found, if she had gone in the water in this location within the canal. It would be impossible for Amy to have suffered from hypothermia as some have stated.

http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/curacao/curacao.php
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/coastal_communities/hypothermia

The ship was turning in the canal and fully docked by 6:00. Ron saw Amy on the balcony between 5:15 and 5:30. Since the ship was docked by 6:00, the ship would have been fully involved in docking maneuvers when Ron saw Amy and when Amy went to the open deck with her camera. Rhapsody of the Seas was docked at 6:00 when Amy disappeared.

Also AGAIN i have to post this quote. "We've pursued every angle, from whether there was foul play, a suicide or an accident, and we have basically not gotten anywhere," said James K. Weber, special agent in charge of the office in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The F.B.I has already pursued the overboard angle, the investigation ruled out the possibility Amy fell overboard. Enough with it, there is SO much evidence people have to ignore to believe that Amy somehow fell off the ship in the canal and happened to be conveniently dragged away by magical ocean currents.

Exactly, the overboard theory in Amy's case is in the same field of the Yeti theory in Maura Murray's disappearance. It's ridiculous. It's preposterous to believe Amy fell off the ship in open waters. The ship was not in open waters but rather in the canal involved in the docking process during the time Any went missing. Amy's body would have been found, if she had gone in the water in this location within the canal. It would be impossible for Amy to have suffered from hypothermia as some have stated.

The ship was turning in the canal and fully docked by 6:00. Ron saw Amy on the balcony between 5:15 and 5:30. Since the ship was docked by 6:00, the ship would have been fully involved in docking maneuvers when Ron saw Amy and when Amy went to the open deck with her camera. Rhapsody of the Seas was docked at 6:00 when Amy disappeared.

Also AGAIN i have to post this quote. "We've pursued every angle, from whether there was foul play, a suicide or an accident, and we have basically not gotten anywhere," said James K. Weber, special agent in charge of the office in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The F.B.I has already pursued the overboard angle, the investigation ruled out the possibility Amy fell overboard. Enough with it, there is SO much evidence people have to ignore to believe that Amy somehow fell off the ship in the canal and happened to be conveniently dragged away by magical ocean currents.

I didn't know the FBI ruled out the possibility of Amy falling overboard. I thought they refused to comment on anything, including whether they verified the sightings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not saying that i believe Amy fell overboard. Frankly I don't know what to believe.
But I don't see anything in that very large bolded quote which says they ruled out anything

Pursued...basically not gotten anywhere

Could you post a link? TIA

The first link Murkywaters provided also shows COLD water in Curaçao in March, 81 degrees F (the AVERAGE temp, not necessarily the temp on 24 March 1998).

Hypothermia is very much a possibility when, as I demonstrated in links I provided, cold water immersion happens to a person's body. The immersion in cold water lowers body temperature quicker than body temperature is lowered in the air environment.

The second link she provided states: "Cold water dangerously accelerates the onset and progression of hypothermia since body heat can be lost 25 times faster in cold water than in cold air. Hypothermia affects the body's core – the brain, heart, lungs, and other vital organs. Even a mild case of hypothermia diminishes a victim’s physical and mental abilities, thus increasing the risk of accidents. Severe hypothermia may result in unconsciousness and possibly death."

Thank you, Murkywaters. Excellent sleuthing helping to point to a hypothermia theory. I appreciate the back up research into the hypothermia angle.

Amy would have had no life vest, no flotation device, she was likely wearing cotton, she presumably hadn't eaten in many hours, she had little body fat, she may have been dehydrated if she had been drinking and she possibly would have been injured during the fall or when she hit the water.

I hadn't run across any links about a canal, as several links I posted said the ship was ten miles offshore when she went missing. Nevertheless, she wasn't found in the canal and one possibility for that is that she didn't fall in the canal. You can't find someone if you are searching the wrong area, and most people who fall overboard are never found regardless of the search effort.

The second link, with survival times, is a boating link for Minnesota's lakes and inlets. Boaters are required to have:

1) a free standing personal flotation device which can be thrown to a person or will fall into the water if something happens to the boat

2) a life jacket for each person on the boat. (In most states, boaters are not required to wear the PFD at all times, but you do have to have one for each person).

The difference between having a PFD and not having a PFD is a significant factor in life vs. death and also those survival times do NOT account for injury. It is assumed the person in the lake is not injured.
-------------------------

"Hypothermia is a medical emergency that occurs when your body loses heat faster than it can produce heat, causing a dangerously low body temperature. Normal body temperature is around 98.6 F (37 C). Hypothermia (hi-poe-THUR-me-uh) occurs as your body temperature passes below 95 F (35 C).

When your body temperature drops, your heart, nervous system and other organs can't work normally. Left untreated, hypothermia can eventually lead to complete failure of your heart and respiratory system and to death."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothermia/basics/definition/con-20020453

I am not saying that i believe Amy fell overboard. Frankly I don't know what to believe.
But I don't see anything in that very large bolded quote which says they ruled out anything

Pursued...basically not gotten anywhere

Could you post a link? TIA

Exactly, that quote says all theories are open.

:thinking:

Passenger Goes Overboard from Royal Caribbean's Splendor of the Seas

February 11th 2014

*" This is the fifth person overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in less than 2 months. "*

Cruise expert Professor Ross Klein has studied cruise overboard cases over the past decade.
He has documented 235 people going overboard from cruise ships since 2000.

Most are never found. Most cases remain "mysteries."

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/jump/

Is there an age at which Amy will no longer be useful for whatever illegal activity she might be forced in to?

??? How does that quote rule out the overboard angle? If anything, it suggests that there is no strong evidence to support one theory over the other.

:thinking:

Passenger Goes Overboard from Royal Caribbean's Splendor of the Seas

February 11th 2014

*" This is the fifth person overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in less than 2 months. "*

Cruise expert Professor Ross Klein has studied cruise overboard cases over the past decade.
He has documented 235 people going overboard from cruise ships since 2000.

Most are never found. Most cases remain "mysteries."

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/jump/

Yes, and the longer this mystery of Amy Bradley goes on-- as we get into 18-19-20 years later, the more we are back to: maybe she died on 24 March 1998.

The sighting in SF is intriguing. At first it seems hard to believe. After reviewing reported facts of the sighting I'm convinced she was there. Do you think she will eventually return there or elsewhere in the US? Might be the best chance to recover her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck