VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't there. And I get a knot in my stomach when I consider who "they" are (that called him) and who those "searchers" were. WH seems to do and say A LOT of stupid things based on what "they" tell him...
Are "They" the 4 kids WH was referring too"?

I personally entertain no theories about A and C with respect to them having done anything to AJ. Do I think they are squeaky clean and perfect? Probably not. But I firmly believe that WH is a master manipulator who preyed on these kids love and dedication to their friend. He sets everyone up to do his bidding, imo....whether they know it or not. Who lead the searches? Who put these kids where they would find evidence? Who told these kids what to look for? WH did that!

JMO
I totally agree.
I have a feeling that looking on his past criminal records and the drug use rumored. That WH may have lured aj to him things didn't go as planned , something happened , and now WH is trying to lead LE off the proper trail by having his "they" team/family find evidence in different locations . Knowing he got off the hook on previous kidnapping and rape charges he could do it again. JMO

Quickly slipping out of lurk mode to ask if the MP report was posted and I just missed it. I don't ever recall a case with so many local posters- thank you all for your invaluable insight. These threads move so quickly I'm always 12-24 hours behind. I'm hoping this bright child is brought home soon!

Her card being trashed made me wonder if Hadsell may have seen her aid as a cash cow of sorts, from early on. That's why I think mention of the $200 may have been to cover his own tracks on withdrawals or something.
Yes. For that matter, ANYONE who knew she had that money might try to get some of it for themselves. I had a friend whose roommate took her FA pre-paid debit card and went on an online shopping spree.

What semester was this for AJ?

Also along that same line of thinking, its not unusual at all for college students, even ones as bright as AJ, to take out student loans. Im not saying she did or she didnt but I think it bears looking into.

Which semester she was in also determines when she would receive her student loans. This can also vary wildly from college to college

Many colleges are loathe to give first year students all of their funds until after the last day to withdraw has passed. This is because some kids sign up for classes, get the loan and then stop going. Its a case of a misguided few ruining it for everyone else.

Im a current college student myself so I am speaking from personal experience here. My son is in his first semester as well and just got one of his checks today.

Students are given the option of direct deposit, a check or a money card loaded with the funds. The loans can be substantial as well, typically anywhere from 1000 to 5500 dollars.

Im mentioning this because if AJ had gotten her student loan check just before spring break she wouldnt need to borrow money from WH at all.

I think LE should look into this because it could end up shooting a pretty big hole in WH's story and/or provide us some clues as to her whereabouts.

I can speak from personal experience Longwood can be very late in depositing your funds into the account. They get the money from the govt or wherever and disperse to your acct or wherever you have selected, and many times it was late or right on the line. Drove my daughter crazy. So...it depends where they were in that cycle for sure.

Yes. For that matter, ANYONE who knew she had that money might try to get some of it for themselves. I had a friend whose roommate took her FA pre-paid debit card and went on an online shopping spree.

But not anyone found her card, a certain set of people did. You're right. IIRC, he had forged before too. The card, as it was found may have just been a prop in a scheme in the overall disappearance without a trace, still, of AJ.

Quickly slipping out of lurk mode to ask if the MP report was posted and I just missed it. I don't ever recall a case with so many local posters- thank you all for your invaluable insight. These threads move so quickly I'm always 12-24 hours behind. I'm hoping this bright child is brought home soon!
Raysgirl requested it, and if my calculations are correct, tomorrow is the 5th business day since her request. Fingers crossed she gets a response!!

Breaking News: NPD responded to me via fb when i ask for the 411 on the case.

Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

I just wish they would tell us something different/more than their generic responses and updates

people have asked them

March 20 at 6:06am Why do we keep getting the same generic message from the department? We all have questions?
We need a proper update? Why haven't there been any police lead searches in this case? No new conferences? No updates? No new news stories?

March 20 at 8:05am Norfolk Police Department - I can assure you that Norfolk Police Detectives are exhausting all leads and are actively
investigating any and all circumstances that led to her disappearance.

March 20 at 8:18am - Norfolk Police Department - Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica
“AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities,
and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime
Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

March 16 at 1:48pm - Norfolk Police Department - Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are
pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at
1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

March 10 at 8:27am - Norfolk Police Department Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing and anyone with information, or who has seen her
since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Police Detectives at 757-664-7026 or the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

Norfolk Police Department
March 5 at 11:09am ·
HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
Norfolk Police is asking the public’s help in locating a missing 18-year-old. Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around
5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Police received a tip that Anjelica was possibly seen on the Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University yesterday March 4, 2015.

At this time, Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play, however, they are actively searching for her, and ask anyone who knows
the whereabouts of Anjelica Hadsell, or who have seen her in the last 24 hours, are encouraged to call Norfolk Police Detectives at
757-664-7026 or the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

But not anyone found her card, a certain set of people did. You're right. IIRC, he had forged before too. The card, as it was found may have just been a prop in a scheme in the overall disappearance without a trace, still, of AJ.

this speaks volumes to me. makes me think it absolutely was not put there by AJ.

WAIT, how do we really know it was AJ's card that she used? You know how you get those temp credit cards in the mail,

Maybe it was one of those! We don't know any FACTS in this case, and at the month mark, that doesn't bode well for bringing AJ home!

Are "They" the 4 kids WH was referring too"?

I was thinking (after read the comments on " lady who's name u can't say" page on her report.)
Remember her cousin (a girl, not sure I can say her name here) was close with her and came out in the beginning to talk about what she had about aj disappearance. The texts. Now she's no where. Not saying a word, no news, no twitter, no fb. I wonder if she is one whom was threatened by WH and her parents told her to stay away. Although I saw her in the balloon release clip.

I also think maybe 1or 2 others might be aj sisters or even her bf.

Jmo

Agreed. 5k is a LOT of money to some people.....hell its a nice chunk of change to most of us regardless of our neighborhood and/or socio-economic backgrounds.

WAIT, how do we really know it was AJ's card that she used? You know how you get those temp credit cards in the mail,

Maybe it was one of those! We don't know any FACTS in this case, and at the month mark, that doesn't bode well for bringing AJ home!
I'm just optimistic that LE is covering all these bases. It's pretty standard to follow the money (or lack thereof). We all get frustrated with what we don't know about a case. However, from a personal standpoint, as long as LE knows more than I do...I'm cool with that.

Thats what I was saying in my prior post. LE needs to look into the possibility of student loans because right now we dont even know if she got any.

IF she had then that would shoot a pretty big hole in WH's story. IMO I think its FAR more likely that he asked to borrow money from her.

As I stated before, students have the options of direct deposit, a paper check or a pre-loaded card to recieve their funds.

I'm just optimistic that LE is covering all these bases. It's pretty standard to follow the money (or lack thereof). We all get frustrated with what we don't know about a case. However, from a personal standpoint, as long as LE knows more than I do...I'm cool with that.

I agree, but unless youre a college student or have a child attending college, the importance of something like that, especially in regards to this case, could be easy to overlook.

Thats why I passed the tip.

Belated thanks from the last thread (I'm behind!!) to those who reported on the balloon release. I so appreciate those extra details and "local flavor" that one just can't get from quick news clips.

In the footage I saw it looked like, but I couldn't tell for sure, but was there any info or messages attached to the balloons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch