VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but if the gun didn't play a role in all of this then it would be included in the missing report, with the ammunition that's reported missing. The reason being, the gun IMO was in WH's possession who cannot legally possess a firearm, so therefore the gun wasn't found at the hotel where he was allegedly staying. So again, to sum it up, IMO IF the gun wasn't involved, it would have been at the house where that ammo was because as far as we know, there's no reason legally that it couldn't be in that household (IF we believe he wasn't staying at the house).

JMO, but if the gun didn't play a role in all of this then it would be included in the missing report, with the ammunition that's reported missing. The reason being, the gun IMO was in WH's possession who cannot legally possess a firearm, so therefore the gun wasn't found at the hotel where he was allegedly staying. So again, to sum it up, IMO IF the gun wasn't involved, it would have been at the house where that ammo was because as far as we know, there's no reason legally that it couldn't be in that household (IF we believe he wasn't staying at the house).

Unless the gun had gone missing before AJ's disappearance.

from their website: "Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case."

http://texasequusearch.org/report-a-person-missing/

not sure of "made by the family" because Zach IS family. not clear if it's immediate family or what.

I'm not sure on this.. I know with the Casey Anthony case, Cindy Anthony (Casey's mother) asked for them to come out and help.

I think the only reason she requested them was so she could swipe the donation jar.

Skipping WAY ahead, but.....:lol:

And 4 rum and cokes later...

;) Well it's true. Should have added "is periodically seen sticking her nose through the curtains into other people's business and often gets the facts so twisted up, even Abner ignores her".

Does anyone know why my Thanks button won't work, has that happened to anyone else? It will occasionally work, then sometimes when I click it a pop-up box opens with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Or I click it and the "Thanks button disappears" but I don't see my Thanks show up on the persons post, and if I refresh the page the Thanks button reappears. :gaah:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?48609-mom2six

Warning, I'm about to project my life experiences onto AJ! Just so you know in advance.

Here's is why I am currently leaning toward the Gone Girl scenario. I previously posted a few weeks back about my own situation with my parents' divorce and how I felt torn in the middle. There was a lot more to it. I ended up living with my father, but it was far from healthy. My father wanted to play "let's pretend" that he was not a divorced man with children, remarried. He wanted to place my step-mother and his relationship with her as his primary relationship. As a daughter, I felt that his primary allegiance should be to my sister and I. What was worse, she was actively out to get me and do whatever she could to further cause separation between my father and me. She was an all around horrible person, who in the end wound up pregnant with another man's child and my father raised that child until she was 2 and DNA tests showed the truth. So, I am not overblowing what was chaotic and awful.

Putting the new spouse relationship ahead of the children is not at all unusual. We see the terrible fruit of it every day in this forum. We know that JH and WH were having marital friction. Perhaps JH was waffling. Perhaps AJ was astounded it took JH so long to act. Whatever, I don't know, but maybe it was apparent to AJ that mom was not looking out for the other children in the way that she should have been. She's disgusted, has had enough, and knows she can solve her own problem and put her sisters into a better position to be protected by leaving. She knows WH history and has an idea of how to permanently get him out of her life and try to protect her sisters from WH and further chaos.

She knows she needs help, and she knows someone who will do anything for her, but would be unlikely to be JH and WH first instinct of who she might turn to. She contacts Texty, and he helps her get outta dodge because he likes her and is somewhat gullible. She gives him her phone, unlocked, so he can buy her some time. She cuts up the card and leaves it as a signal. She disposes of the clothing to frame WH. Texty leaves before everything really blows up, maybe even tosses the phone out a vehicle window.

WH, unexpectedly, does figure out Texty helped her. Because of his irrational behavior, this ends up doing more to cast suspicion and implicate him than anything AJ could do. He thought Texty had her phone and was searching for that. Instead he stumbles on a jacket that AJ may have left, or maybe wasn't even AJ's at all.

It is true that AJ has left her college behind, but it isn't that hard to get started again. There are a lot of options. I don't know if the full scholarship is factual. If it is not, leaving would be an additional kick in the teeth to her mom and WH on the financial front.

Where would AJ have gone? Anywhere she thinks might be the last place anyone would look, but she still had some kind of connection would be my bet. It is a big, bad world for such a young woman to be all on her own, so I think there would have to be a little bit of a connection. Not having a phone, she may not have great access to the internet. This case hasn't hit the national media too much, either, so she may not be aware of everything that has happened. She might be avoiding looking for news so that she isn't discovered. And we all know it is possible that she has fallen in harms way. But I think it is too early yet to give up hope.

WH has acted suspiciously, but I think a lot of that has been trying to cover for his drug habit, keep the marital nonsense under wraps, and hide his record. When he talks of wanting to find her, he seems believable to me.

I think my scenario fits and makes sense of a lot of the weirdness. I almost enacted this in my own life back then. I'm glad I did not because it would have been my own husband with the felonious restraint on his record, since he was of age then, and I was not. I was too fearful of the unknown, and I did not have a way to protect my sister, so in the end we did not leave.

^^^^^^^^
Yes to this. Trying to catch up. Didn't know how to quote on closed thread.

Yes, I realize that. That's my point - there is ammo at the house but there isn't no gun...

ETA: WH makes reference (verbatim) that the gun will never be found. Why is that, I wonder? It doesn't take too much wondering IMO to figure it out.

I have teenagers, so usually I can decipher code-speak & subtle innuendo. However, after a while my brain just shuts down and refuses to even try. Today is one of those days. Can you elaborate on what you think Wes meant when he said that?

He can't legally possess ammo either.

I'm personally going to go with 7:30 for just one reason. No matter what is put on fb, is not binding nor legal. It just makes them lying liars who lie. However, if she lied in the mpr, that makes her guilty of false reporting-a crime. (I'm just trying to protect myself from a brain bleed.)

I have teenagers, so usually I can decipher code-speak & subtle innuendo. However, after a while my brain just shuts down and refuses to even try. Today is one of those days. Can you elaborate on what you think Wes meant when he said that?

I feel the gun was likely used to commit a crime. I will leave it at that.

I hope those who are close to, know and love AJ and reading here don't mistake our silly humor for disrespect or being insensitive toward this rotten situation. Pretty sure I can speak for us all when I say we genuinely want AJ found safe and well. This case is just so flippin' maddening with so many ridiculous details it's just easy to sort of poke fun at the idiocy. Just wanted to say that.

Reviewing for my own clarification (feel free to skip past):

@9:14 pm on March 3, JH reports AJ missing. LE come out and file a missing person's report. JH says (in this report) that the last time she physically saw AJ was at 7:30 am on the morning of March 2. LE asks JH if anything is missing from the house. Obviously AJ is, but property wise, JH says that items missing along with AJ are (what we can see anyway): pants w brown uggs, consumables (which can include personal hygeine products...so perhaps this refers to some of the contents of a travel bag?), jewelry (likely the necklace on her person), checking card, several items listed as "other", 9 mm luger ammo, something we can't read but which may describe her cell phone and case, and either logging equiptment (HA!) or a weapon other than a firearm.

ETA: Curious that JH notices the ammo missing, but doesn't mention the gun missing. That makes me think she already knew Wes had taken the gun at some point prior to AJ going missing. And now I'm wondering about that picture Wes tells us LE showed him of him and AJ out shooting somewhere. :waitasec:

after looking up more on "gladys" i'm interested to know - who made the connection between her and CB?

So according to the redacted section, a check card is missing? Are they referring to the debit/credit card that was later found in the street? Or is this maybe a financial aid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21