VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that LE would have asked about certain items. A girl who takes off on her own, for example, would need some form financial rescource...cash, checkbook, checking card, credit card, etc. JH looks around...checking card not located. Boom.

ETA: A young college student who doesn't work probably only has one bank account. Maybe a credit card. Very small list to zero in on one specific thing.

Wait, wait, wait! A number of messages from Anjelica's phone were received by her mom's phone between 3 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3rd - not believed to be from Anjelica.

WHEN was she reported missing??? >>>> Tuesday after 9 p.m. (Shaking my head) And she was supposedly last *seen* on Monday morning at 7-7:30 a.m. ??? Am I reading this right??!! So, by the time the missing persons report was filed, she hadn't been *seen* for approximately 38 hours (give or take), coupled with text messages received by her mom's phone, not believed to be from Anjelica, for a period of 13 hours (give or take), to then report her missing for 17 hours after that??!! I guess not filing a missing persons report for 38 hours isn't in itself disturbing, BUT that coupled with 13 hours or so of receiving text messages - not believed to be from Anjelica - might have made a person a little more concerned for her safety, wouldn't it??
While these text messages were being received - not believed to be from Anjelica - did anyone try CALLING her phone I wonder? I guess cell phone records can prove whether they did or not.

Wait......... WHAT? What in the Sam Hill is this 3pm business? Where did this come from? I've followed this case like an OCD hawk and this is the first I'm hearing "3:00pm". All I've heard/read was Monday at roughly 2:30pm texts between AJ's number (note, I said number, not AJ herself) and sister, then NOTHING until 4:30 or 5:30am (depending on which msm report you pick to be true) on Tuesday March 3rd with mom.

From the outside looking in, I'm not sure THEY do. I get the hinky feeling WH didn't like the attention he was showing to AJ and once he (WH) made his feelings known to others, on how he felt about that, they latched onto it because... Wes. I think there are some young men connected to this case that both fear and admire him (because he's Mr. Badass, or something, been to prison, probably talks a good talk, blah blah, and blah) and/or benefit from his extra-curricular activity in the the coke business.

Basically, sycophants. Yes I know that sounds mean and stuff but when you're young, stuff looks different than when you're not.

moo.

I'm not giving up but I thought this would be solved already.

I pray that one day, when they start having children of their own they will pick up the phone and tell the police what they know. All it takes is that one call that one clue. Sigh

Anyone else feel like they've hit a wall and just keep repeating the same things over and over and over? :(

I pray that one day, when they start having children of their own they will pick up the phone and tell the police what they know. All it takes is that one call that one clue. Sigh

It had better not take that long!

Not to the best of my knowledge, no. But let's say that they could. Ammo is produced in huge batches. There could well be 20 people on that street with the same ammo from the same batch. See what I mean? Prove it came from a gun WH doesn't even have? Not gonna happen.

JMO

Would a ballistics test from a fired gun show the same striation marks?

Wait, wait, wait! A number of messages from Anjelica's phone were received by her mom's phone between 3 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3rd - not believed to be from Anjelica.

WHEN was she reported missing??? >>>> Tuesday after 9 p.m. (Shaking my head) And she was supposedly last *seen* on Monday morning at 7-7:30 a.m. ??? Am I reading this right??!! So, by the time the missing persons report was filed, she hadn't been *seen* for approximately 38 hours (give or take), coupled with text messages received by her mom's phone, not believed to be from Anjelica, for a period of 13 hours (give or take), to then report her missing for 17 hours after that??!! I guess not filing a missing persons report for 38 hours isn't in itself disturbing, BUT that coupled with 13 hours or so of receiving text messages - not believed to be from Anjelica - might have made a person a little more concerned for her safety, wouldn't it??
While these text messages were being received - not believed to be from Anjelica - did anyone try CALLING her phone I wonder? I guess cell phone records can prove whether they did or not.

Hmmm I saw that Wes boss said AJ mom heard from her that day also...where did you see 3pm?

My guess is that LE would have asked about certain items. A girl who takes off on her own, for example, would need some form financial rescource...cash, checkbook, checking card, credit card, etc. JH looks around...checking card not located. Boom.

ETA: A young college student who doesn't work probably only has one bank account. Maybe a credit
card. Very small list to zero in on one specific thing.

I jus can't help thinking that the credit card was cut up in front of her during the argument. I think she was showing some independence and someone took away the financial freedom for the moment by cutting it up and throwing it at her. Kinda letting her know that they were in control. Not her!

So if the gun was used to commit a crime, and as long as LE does NOT find the gun, WH having the ammo in his possession for it really causes him no worries in regards to IF he used the gun to commit a crime (other than being a felon in possession of the ammo).

I wouldn't say it causes him "no worries". I'd say if the ammo in the crime matched the ammo in question in WH's possession, he'd shoot (no pun intended) to the top of the list of POI or suspects. Especially if the victim of said crime were someone directly related to him in some familial or business capacity.

The poster regarding the texts not believed to be from Anjelica is on Bring AJ Home FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

aj poster.jpg
18 year old, Anjelica Hadsell was last seen inside her home in Norfolk, VA at approximately 7am on March 2nd. A number of messages from Anjelica’s phone were received by her mom’s phone between 3pm – 430am Tuesday, Mar 3rd – not believed to be from Anjelica. If you have information about this disappearance please call the Norfolk Police Dept at 757-664-3277 or Texas Equusearch at 281-309-9500

ETA: A young college student who doesn't work probably only has one bank account. Maybe a credit card. Very small list to zero in on one specific thing.

exactly, and in the first hours, LE doesn't know which way to sway IMO --- they are looking for any info on the whereabouts of a teenage girl that supposedly texting earlier that morning at 5 a.m. I would imagine they were assuming she was alive and just not in contact.

My husband has been a real trooper in that respect. He only got dinner once this week, my house is a pig sty, I sent him to work this morning without a clean pair of socks, and I have 2 cat boxes that reek to high heaven. All he's said to me is, "Honey, you need to get some sleep."

Even tonight, over dinner and drinks, I was thinking about that damned MP report.

(SIGH)

Thank God for family members who get it. "if this were my kid/niece/friend's kid..." You know? Yes, yes I know we all know.

I think you hit an important nail on the head here...

AJ doesn't have a job. Unless JH or WH or Zach or someone else has signed her on as an "authorized user" on their CC, there's no way this girl has a CC. No CC company on the planet is going to issue a card to someone without an income. Therefore, I believe her bank card is exactly that, it's a checking/debit card. Likely in her own name, where her scholarship funds are deposited into. Also potentially where mom or anyone else could drop money into if they had her bank acct. number.

Activity on this account is critical, as far as I'm concerned, and would have been my first appeal to LE to look into. Last deposit, last withdrawl/debit, how much, where, address of ATM, etc.

Would a ballistics test from a fired gun show the same striation marks?

Not sure what you are asking. There are different categories of striations...some particular to a type of gun, some particular to an individual gun. If you are asking if a spent bullet from a victim could be compared to the same type of bullet fired from a gun similar to the gun used in the crime...then the answer is both yes and no. It could be compared for type and manufacturer striations, but it couldn't be tied to a particular gun, nor could it be tied to the unspent ammo WH was found with.

Not an expert on this at all, so anyone who cares to correct me, feel free.

I wouldn't say it causes him "no worries". I'd say if the ammo in the crime matched the ammo in question in WH's possession, he'd shoot (no pun intended) to the top of the list of POI or suspects. Especially if the victim of said crime were someone directly related to him in some familial or business capacity.

True...but once it got to court...ouch.

It can't go unsolved for that long :( But I do get where you're coming from. I do think one of them (or more than one) either knows or suspects what really happened. God grant them the courage to do the right thing and come forward sooner rather than later and tell LE what they know has been going on. It is the honorable man that does the right thing, no matter the cost.

The poster regarding the texts not believed to be from Anjelica is on Bring AJ Home FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

View attachment 72136
18 year old, Anjelica Hadsell was last seen inside her home in Norfolk, VA at approximately 7am on March 2nd. A number of messages from Anjelica’s phone were received by her mom’s phone between 3pm – 430am Tuesday, Mar 3rd – not believed to be from Anjelica. If you have information about this disappearance please call the Norfolk Police Dept at 757-664-3277 or Texas Equusearch at 281-309-9500

Great. :banghead:

Re: this MP report with inventory of missing items. Do you think JH gave LE this list WITH or WITHOUT WH's input? Also, if WH wasn't in the loop yet, who else might have been helping JH formulate that list?

People close to this case have urged us to take off the blinders. While I am very new to WS (so please be kind!), I am NOT new to cases and people such as these. I am just not fully "committed" to the idea that WH is a perp in this situation. In other words, I am definitely "dating" the idea, but I can't rule out "seeing other people," I mean "ideas"... lol.

I am still behind several pages, but how do we know this is a list of missing items? They could be items that were seized, or damaged, or found, or a bunch of other things. We can't go assuming it's a list of missing items.

So if the gun was used to commit a crime, and as long as LE does NOT find the gun, WH having the ammo in his possession for it really causes him no worries in regards to IF he used the gun to commit a crime (other than being a felon in possession of the ammo).

Not necessarily. It could be circumstantial evidence that, while not sufficient to prove anything, could add to the cumulative impact of other evidence.

Not sure what you are asking. There are different categories of striations...some particular to a type of gun, some particular to an individual gun. If you are asking if a spent bullet from a victim could be compared to the same type of bullet fired from a gun similar to the gun used in the crime...then the answer is both yes and no. It could be compared for type and manufacturer striations, but it couldn't be tied to a particular gun, nor could it be tied to the unspent ammo WH was found with.

Not an expert on this at all, so anyone who cares to correct me, feel free.
You explained it so perfectly thank you.

I just want to add that I have been on this site for years-most times I don't say much-when I do I can be too silly, too abrasive, too rude, too OCD, too personal-but I admire and respect the posters here and the WS rules. This site is a class act, and so are the people here. Hope I'm not being too sycophant-ish lol.
I am so in awe of the persons holding on for AJ. It's a beautiful thing.
I get too emotionally involved with the cases here and then I seem to crash and burn. I don't even know if I am getting used to it all-the sadness etc.It is a good thing to walk away sometimes because it hurts the whole soul. It is a good thing to care about people-even those we have never met. Human beings are so precious.

That said-God Bless everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member