VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HIS obsession...puppy love. WH's obsession...creepy.

JMO
Yes, I was kind of surprised when I realized this alleged over-the-top/inappropriate/obsessive behavior was based on things that happened when they were just 13 or 14 years old. I had assumed it was something more recent...and when I say "recent" I mean "some time after 9TH GRADE!" lol

I believe he said she had a phone case that also held credit cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. We know she had her cell phone on her when she left the house, otherwise, where the hell is it? And we know that somehow, her credit/debit card ended up cut up and thrown into the street. You cut up a credit card with scissors, usually. COULD you cut one up with a knife? Sure. Could you cut it so precisely with a knife that you left a strip with her full name on it? I dunno. But, setting that aside, scissors are a household item, not something you carry around in your wallet, car, pocket, etc. Doubtful a man would have scissors in a hotel room (but who knows?).

Crap...lost my train of thought. Sorry.

ETA: I suck at multi-tasking with Hubby jabbering in my ear about cat food! :gaah:

Yes- bc WH, our honest jail friend lol, did say he was getting all kinds of texts regarding him from 'people', telling him why that person might be cause of concern. I have to think of where/when he said that & I will add link.

That I dont know- this came up before there was any indication of an additional phone.

Just wondering why her friends and family always say for her to please come home or just come home. Saying she's going to come home soon. Maybe they do believe she ran away. If the family did suspect someone took her wouldn't they be saying please bring her home or say whoever has AJ please let her come home to her family. Like pleaing to her abductor not directly to AJ herself. It's like JH's actions are more on the lines of "just come home" and "she's safe" whereas WH's actions are he thinks someone took her. I'ts like they are on two different pages or something.

AJ isn't a criminal. Leaving home is not a crime, especially at 18 which is adult status.

Even for a minor teen, running away is not a crime in Virginia.

And, everything that has transpired has been completely out of her control in regard to the actions of JH, WH, the media etc.

Even the NPD, they have been doing what was needed in response to leads, behaviors of others as a result of that initial report so and so on. Once it was on file, they had to follow through with anything and everything.

Bolded above: I feel that the NPD would honor such a request from AJ as long as they could confirm it was in fact her. The *missing person report* would be cancelled along with any other alerts out there (Virginia State Police and anywhere else). I cannot imagine them doing anything else.

In situations with the runaway teens I worked with, reports were cancelled all the time once the teen returned home. There were also times the reports were cancelled once contact with the teen had been reestablished by a parent and the parent agreed to some other living arrangement.

Adult AJ would not have to return home. And, NPD would not get involved or interfere with AJ's wishes to stay away temporarily or actually reside elsewhere.

These would all be legal decisions by AJ.

Now, keep in mind that I cannot speak for the NPD.

But, everything I've stated here stems from my knowledge of how it all works.

And, I would encourage AJ to contact the police and go there and make such requests to bring all of this to an end.

Now, you mentioned earlier how the media coverage is predominately very local. It is. And, IF AJ is actually away from this area or in another state; she might not have any idea how HUGE all of this has become.
I agree with everything you say. However, if I was in that scenario, I could never help myself...I'd have to go to a public computer and look at Facebook and the news to see if I was missed very much. Just me though, everyone is different.

I remember that a few threads back, when we learned the wallet was left behind, someone brought up how she could have had a cell phone case with the little pocket on it for holding her cards/cash.

In one of the very first organized searches, one of the locals who was there and is also here on WS was told what to look for. One of those items was a cell phone case with a card holder.

Do you think it's possible if AJ did leave of her own volition and go say, to Montana, and kind of "unplug" from everything, that she may not be aware of all the ruckus going on back home? If she pulled an, "I'm an adult and I can do what I want!" type thing? I haven't seen ANY coverage where I live, and very little nationally.

I don't know what to think anymore. I really didn't think she left voluntarily, but some scenarios that have been posted and JH's comments make me wonder.

If AJ did take off (and i hope she did rather than the alternative!) who is leaving her clothes on the road? I can't bring myself to think 1) AJ is that cruel as to taunt her family by leaving her own clothes on the side of the road (unless it was a hey I'm alive message but that seems out there) and 2) if step dad and mom knew she left what's with all the lies from WH and constant sharing of misinformation? If you knew she ran and just wanted to get the word to her that you're taking it seriously by calling LE the simplest thing is one flyer with one paragraph of consistent information.. That way you're done and done with that aspect of the situation. Lying when you have no reason to doesn't make sense in this situation.

I know! I'm looking for sense in this situation! Time for a glass of wine...

I also want to edit to add that I don't think anybody is downright wrong. I respect all of your viewpoints and often times ideas that I've crossed off my list are the ones I need to revisit the most for a different and better perspective. Thanks to ALL of you for your insights and opinions, regardless of our differences we all really really really want AJ safe.

One thing I keep in mind is that there has been no official NPD confirmation that those clothes actually belong to AJ.

Even media reports cited only that "the family thinks or said or believes ...

Until I hear NPD state that those items belong to AJ or hear NPD state that they have a suspect or hear that NPD has actually pressed charges; I'm taking all that in as not factual and pretty much just a *maybe* at this point.

:)

Why oh why would WH announce that NPD will "never find his gun"?
I mean, we know he's not playing with a full deck, but, that statement seems to be a challenge. IMO.
The whole gun/ammo issue is troubling to me (as is everything else here).

I remember that a few threads back, when we learned the wallet was left behind, someone brought up how she could have had a cell phone case with the little pocket on it for holding her cards/cash.

In one of the very first organized searches, one of the locals who was there and is also here on WS was told what to look for. One of those items was a cell phone case with a card holder.

Now I'm confused, I thought the searchers were told by AJ's BF to keep eyes open for a bag with string ties on it? Rumor? (can't remember what it was called)

AJ isn't a criminal. Leaving home is not a crime, especially at 18 which is adult status.

I feel that the NPD would honor such a request from AJ as long as they could confirm it was in fact her. The *missing person report* would be cancelled along with any other alerts out there (Virginia State Police and anywhere else). I cannot imagine them doing anything else.

Adult AJ would not have to return home. And, NPD would not get involved or interfere with AJ's wishes to stay away temporarily or actually reside elsewhere.

Mermy, What if AJ asked LE not to notify her parents that she had been in contact with them. Would LE just cancel the alerts and let the parents continue to think/say she is missing and continue to ask the public for help and "donations"? I suppose once the alerts were canceled the parents would figure out that she must have been in contact with LE. I would hope LE would at least give a statement to the public saying AJ has been in touch with LE and she is alive and doing well.

If AJ did take off (and i hope she did rather than the alternative!) who is leaving her clothes on the road? I can't bring myself to think 1) AJ is that cruel as to taunt her family by leaving her own clothes on the side of the road (unless it was a hey I'm alive message but that seems out there) and 2) if step dad and mom knew she left what's with all the lies from WH and constant sharing of misinformation? If you knew she ran and just wanted to get the word to her that you're taking it seriously by calling LE the simplest thing is one flyer with one paragraph of consistent information.. That way you're done and done with that aspect of the situation. Lying when you have no reason to doesn't make sense in this situation.

I know! I'm looking for sense in this situation! Time for a glass of wine...

I also want to edit to add that I don't think anybody is downright wrong. I respect all of your viewpoints and often times ideas that I've crossed off my list are the ones I need to revisit the most for a different and better perspective. Thanks to ALL of you for your insights and opinions, regardless of our differences we all really really really want AJ safe.

BBM (and I have no idea and refuse to look to see what Urban dictionary says that means, because I'm totally okay with what it means HERE):

1. It's not yet been confirmed by LE they're actually her clothes. Then again, LE in this case haven't really given the public ANY info to really go on. That tells me they don't need the public's assistance, and that's just as disturbing as not having them confirm or deny anything.

2. From everything I've read about Anjelica's character, she'd never do this. I'd bet the first thing she'd think of is "this will make my sisters cry, I can't do that to them" if she even thought about pulling a disappearing act.

3. It's astounding to me how all the word salads and shifting timelines and lack of facts make more sense after a glass of Riesling. I hate this case. Too many liars and sketch-bags and dysfunctional sneaky crap going on.

4. I certainly don't agree with everyone's opinion here but everyone's input is INVALUABLE and has made me re-think a lot of things. I definitely appreciate everyone investing time on AJ's behalf. Y'all rock.

5. Bingo... we all just want her safe. If that means in Montana, at school, in Florida or wherever she wants to be that makes her feel safe.

moo.

Do you think it's possible if AJ did leave of her own volition and go say, to Montana, and kind of "unplug" from everything, that she may not be aware of all the ruckus going on back home? If she pulled an, "I'm an adult and I can do what I want!" type thing? I haven't seen ANY coverage where I live, and very little nationally.

Family, friends in Montana?

I've seen Montana mentioned before but did not catch why it was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela