VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mind is working along the same lines mine is. Either she really isn't as attached to SM and texting as we believe, or the friends were in contact at some point and were not worried, therefore not looking for her. I am more inclined to the latter. That lends strength to the idea she initially left on her own.

It also tends to reduce the possibility of JH or WH initially harming her, because they initiated looking for her.

AJ in contact with her friends and their not being worried at the onset is a very big possibility. (I want to say, very likely, but I'll stick with possibility.)

This idea, if it had/has occurred would also possibly be a factor in why the NPD continued official statement had been that no foul play was suspected.

Communication had occurred with not only JH but others. <<<<----- IF it did.

In the majority of teen cases that I worked on (prior professional position); one or more of their friends had contact with the youth at some point. Sometimes throughout the time period the youth was *away from home*. Often, the friends provided some level of assistance.

As this situation has progressed the NPD has changed their official statement to "they have not ruled out any possibilities". It seems that this change in statement was a result of the leads and everything else that the public has observed play out on the media.

I have to be honest, these "4 teens" bother me. I do not think they are kids who were sucked in by WH and were following his lead. I think at least two if not all of them were really stirring things up, rumor-mongering and ratcheting up the drama...riling everybody up. I think at least one or more (or all) of them "stoked the fire" in the targeting of texty.

I agree

WH -(jailhouse interview) "I was getting all these texts, pictures and whatnot of things that my daughter was saying about him, things he was saying…
people were telling me that he had…. um, we had a convo back in 2011, as you know -- "

i agree

wh -(jailhouse interview) "i was getting all these texts, pictures and whatnot of things that my daughter was saying about him, things he was saying&#8230;
people were telling me that he had&#8230;. Um, we had a convo back in 2011, as you know -- "

2011. Brottttthhhhher.

It seems to me that WH/family/friends were just acting way too quickly trying to accuse the Texty kid before there was ever evidence at all. They were all jumping to conclusions way too early in this. There are so many news outlets, FB pages, etc. that cannot even agree on anything as to a timeline. I really wish that LE would put out an official time on this and clear up the wrong info on their FB page too. They have her wrong height...okay so...

Look at this timeline even though it is from WH jailhouse interview. I am bolding some stuff. Remember that he broke in on the 6th to Texy kids' house. He's saying also that they (LE) got a warrant to do a search for this day. (thinking this was the warrant to search the texty kids house.) This is also the day that they find the other pieces of her missing debit card in the morning time --according to news broadcast http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/search-missing-virginia-student-29479547-- This is the same news station that said the family said she was last seen Monday night at 9:15 pm

Jailhouse interview - BBM

WH: They're not saying it was planted or whatever but it’s evidence tampering because, say, somebody broke into a house theoretically and verified information that evidence was there, and then said that they moved it so if someone was over later they would be able to see it, in order to bring the evidence out faster.

(more Q & A questions before this)

JF: What time of day did you break in?

WH: 2, 2oclock

JF: [unintelligible] Friday March 6th?

WH: That may be correct, yes. I know the search warrant was executed the same day.

JF: How did police find out you went in there?

WH: Uhm people change their stories. I mean
... they were badgered, questioned really hard. Whatever. It wasn’t a story. It was just something that um..

JF: Do you think that they just didn’t want to lie?

WH: I respect that. That is probably what that was. They want to get to the bottom of the truth. I don’t think they did it to, like, sell me out, rat me out. It wasn’t that - we talked about it. It was more like we just agreed that, I don’t know… I had a conversation with an individual and I felt like it was something we had to do. When I made that decision, other individuals were brought in because I was just trying to make the evidence come to light. I didn’t have the jacket. I didn’t plant the jacket. I didn’t know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there, which… you yourself have a lot of that information.

Are there any thoughts toward the Virginia Commonwealth University/Richmond siting of AJ that was reported as unconfirmed when she first went missing? My thought is that she possibly might have gone to Richmond to obtain a copy of her birth certificate if she was born in Virginia. You can pick one up same day if you go to Richmond.

If you were born in Virginia you can actually pick up a birth certificate at the DMV for 13 bucks. I had to do this to get my military ID after getting married last year and the lady that gave me my ID was pretty surprised I got one there.

AJ in contact with her friends and their not being worried at the onset is a very big possibility. (I want to say, very likely, but I'll stick with possibility.)

This idea, if it had/has occurred would also possibly be a factor in why the NPD continued official statement had been that no foul play was suspected.

Communication had occurred with not only JH but others. <<<<----- IF it did.

In the majority of teen cases that I worked on (prior professional position); one or more of their friends had contact with the youth at some point. Sometimes throughout the time period the youth was *away from home*. Often, the friends provided some level of assistance.

As this situation has progressed the NPD has changed their official statement to "they have not ruled out any possibilities". It seems that this change in statement was a result of the leads and everything else that the public has observed play out on the media.

I'm just wondering if Angelica called the police or went to a police station and said "I'm fine, I just want to disappear from the whole situation. I don't want it known that I came in either" would the police honor this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she did threaten to leave and run away and JH said well you're not taking your debit/card money like that she's not getting any funds from her to support her running away. Then she takes the debit card and cuts it up. Just something that could have happened. MOO.

my only problem with an idea like this is the WAY it was cut. specifically longways so you could see the name. also, sprinkled into the street for someone to find.

I'm just wondering if Angelica called the police or went to a police station and said "I'm fine, I just want to disappear from the whole situation. I don't want it known that I came in either" would the police honor this?

From other cases , I have seen them tell the folks the barest of facts. They would say " she has been in contact with us and she is fine, no other info available at this time " or something like that. IMO< they won't let the family think she is still missing but wont tell them where she is either.

BBM

I'm sorry....WHAT?! WH?! A good guy, an adult, a very caring parent?! WH the gun-toting, b&e'ing, dog punching, coke head?! Is this a typo? Because if not my head is seriously going to explode.

felony after felony, b&e, drugs, animal abuse... (planting evidence) (lying) (making up when you last saw "your" missing daughter)

that sure makes an upstanding parent.

my only problem with an idea like this is the WAY it was cut. specifically longways so you could see the name. also, sprinkled into the street for someone to find.

Exactly. NOBODY cuts their debit card for disposal and leaves their name fully intact--unless it is a wild goose chase clue, imo

I agree

WH -(jailhouse interview) "I was getting all these texts, pictures and whatnot of things that my daughter was saying about him, things he was saying&#8230;
people were telling me that he had&#8230;. um, we had a convo back in 2011, as you know -- "

So when these kids were 13/14??.... please. Why isn't he calling this behavior "kid stuff??" Or does that only apply to petty theft and B&E that he would do when he was a teen. Ugh times a million.
MOO

From other cases , I have seen them tell the folks the barest of facts. They would say " she has been in contact with us and she is fine, no other info available at this time " or something like that. IMO< they won't let the family think she is still missing but wont tell them where she is either.

Angelica if you're ok and have somehow found your way here I hope you see this and at least let the police know you're ok.

Please call somebody, call Mel, call Zach, call the local church. Just call somebody, please.

I don't know I'm going in to that blue funk again where I don't think she's ok. If she was she would have gotten on FB or Twitter at the very least and said "wtf is all this fuss about. I wanted to get away and did leave me the f alone" or something like that

I don't know I'm going in to that blue funk again where I don't think she's ok. If she was she would have gotten on FB or Twitter at the very least and said "wtf is all this fuss about. I wanted to get away and did leave me the f alone" or something like that

You have NO idea how much I would love to hear those words.

When my daughter was about 16 or so, we were at the local pizza place for lunch. i saw a MISSING poster for a 17 yr old local boy. I said to my kid, urgently, ' Do you know him? He is missing.' She laughed and said , no he's not, we saw him at a party last night.' WHAT???

She said all her friends know him and he is fine. I called local LE and they already knew that. My DD did not know where he was but said he is angry at his parents and his Dad hits him so he left. The cops apparently knew all of that and the kid ended up going to a grandparents out of state after he graduated.

It seems to me that WH/family/friends were just acting way too quickly trying to accuse the Texty kid before there was ever evidence at all. They were all jumping to conclusions way too early in this.

I agree.

I actually cringed when I viewed that media interview (linked below) that had the female cousin practically making a full out accusation without stating the name of the person.

I was amazed that WAVYTV took that ball and ran with it so publicly.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

So when these kids were 13/14??.... please. Why isn't he calling this behavior "kid stuff??" Or does that only apply to petty theft and B&E that he would do when he was a teen. Ugh times a million.
MOO

A big problem with this situation seems to be that the lines are very blurred between the teens/young adults and those who are supposed to be "the grown-ups," for lack of a better description. Actually, AJ seems to be the most grown up of them all, and that's sad. I also struggle to determine if some of these people are truly "AJ's friends" or just "people her age that she outgrew who are now primarily her mom's friends."

Not sure if you have heard of Hannah. She is not much younger than AJ is and left her moms house and was on her own for over three months before calling her dad. Just to give you and her other loved ones some hope. There have been many missing people, Hannah included, who were active on SM on who disappeared and then found safe. One thing we discussed in her case, although I don't know if it ever was found true, was checking to see if her friends had new friends on SM that could be her. Just bc her AJ profile isn't being used doesn't mean she isn't on SM.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-missing-america-hannah-thomas-garner-n280061

I agree.

I actually cringed when I viewed that media interview (linked below) that had the female cousin practically making a full out accusation without stating the name of the person.

I was amazed that WAVYTV took that ball and ran with it so publicly.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Well, and along with the very vague, " This is the person we kinda suspect might have done something ", why even bother to mention it at all on TV. If you suspect something and someone, you suspect them. Go tell it to LE...don't throw out vague, "I got a secret (neener neener)" type statements for the public and your community to get frantic over, and don't put innocent (until proven guilty) people in danger. This ain't reality tv!

I

I was thinking along the lines of people at the house still "partying" and it woke her up. Maybe she argued that the little ones needed sleep because of school? or AJ herself went out came home late mom woke up pissed that AJ was out and the whole I'm 18 I'll do what I want argument ensued?

Or maybe, just maybe, they argued over WH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member