VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the police asking neighbors if they saw the work van? Or was that prompted by the news? I ask because...in my naive view...it would seem like the police would ask the public if they remember seeing a certain work van during the first few weeks in March. It must seem like such a daunting task For Norfolk PD to attempt to address the many many people who live in our region. If only there was a way they could issue one statement and allow the press to release it. I'll call it a "press release" to save words. That probably wouldn't work because it seems so simple.

I'm venting. I want to trust Norfolk PD...but at this point it's basically just blind faith. Faith is usually reserved for a certain someone and NPD are not HIM.

He kind of makes out like it was a secret 2nd phone the police didn't know about, so my question is How did this "mystery person who called in the tip" reach out to him if that number wasn't on the missing posters?

And this is exactly why I can't form an opinion as to whether or not WH actually DID have a second phone. If he tells LE that this tip was called in on his cell phone, and they look at his phone records and find nothing, of course WH is then going to lie and say he had a second phone " but...ummm...lost it". On the other hand, if he was in fact a drug dealer (assumption here), then naturally he would have a second phone.

My personal gut feeling is that he lied about this second phone, but we can't confirm anything about this phone at this point.

MOO

Probably splitting hairs here...but...as a local who has friends in Franklin I'll show you the road most travelled.

Two big reasons why we go this way that I believe apply here as well.
1. No Toll. Drive thru downtown Norfolk and there is a toll that takes pics of your plates.
2. No tunnel. Tunnel=traffic. And On a map it looks like you're driving around your elbow but it is usually quicker.

Right through Chesapeake! And when were the clothes on S Battlefield discovered? Anyone have a date?

Were the police asking neighbors if they saw the work van? Or was that prompted by the news? I ask because...in my naive view...it would seem like the police would ask the public if they remember seeing a certain work van during the first few weeks in March. It must seem like such a daunting task For Norfolk PD to attempt to address the many many people who live in our region. If only there was a way they could issue one statement and allow the press to release it. I'll call it a "press release" to save words. That probably wouldn't work because it seems so simple.

I'm venting. I want to trust Norfolk PD...but at this point it's basically just blind faith. Faith is usually reserved for a certain someone and NPD are not HIM.

According to one of the neighbors, LE showed them a picture of the white work van on their cell phone. The neighbor recognized the van, because he thought it was unusual to see a work vehicle down there, and he had watched it slow down, go up the road a ways, turn around and come back. That's what made it stick out in his mind.

I just need to say this...

There are people out there who will, at the drop of a hat, take a tragic, traumatic event and seize it and use it for personal gain via social media. Sometimes it's just for attention (i.e., "oh I'm pretty sure I saw that person, they were at such and such place, wearing such and such clothes!") and other times it's for monetary gain (crowd funding campaigns, using emotional bait to guilt people into helping i.e., "only YOU can make the difference and help us in this critical time of suffering for the family!") and other times it's a combination of both. It's not at all uncommon and one of the reasons the sites like this (crowd funding) have a REPORT THIS link to report a scam or a fraudulent campaign.

People who do this, make me absolutely sick. I would encourage anyone who is ever following a missing person's case and sees activity like this going on, to REPORT IT if you have legitimate reason to believe it's a scam for money.

AJ, now vanished, is what she was for that set of people before she went to college, the glue, something to rally around, at her sports games and high school. As long as she stays lost, she'll never go away from them to college again, it seems to me. AJ is now their glue again as they needed her before.

Right through Chesapeake! And when were the clothes on S Battlefield discovered? Anyone have a date?

Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell and notified police.
http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

Sarcasm at its best I love it and yes I agree I think a good PC is long over due MOO.

So...March 19 (if I'm reading correctly). And the IOW neighbor interviewed during this latest search says he saw the white work van about a week 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. From March 19 to April 3 is 15 days. Time frame fits like a glove, imo.

I think he dumped the clothes in Chesapeake a day or to before the 19, then drove out to IOW and dumped the cell. Probably on the same run.

I still don't know which Hadsell is being referred to here.

This supposed ping at 8am from a Hadsell phone on Tuesday March 3rd casts an interesting light on the timeline, if true.

If it was AJ's phone: AJ is last seen on twitter at 10:30 Sunday night. Last seen in person by her sister/mom at home Monday morning. Last seen by Wes (allegedly) at 12:45 leaving the gas station. Texts her sister at 2:30 and says "with friends" then her mom at 5:30am Tuesday and says she's not ready to come home yet, and somewhere sends the okay emoji to Wes... then is reported missing at 9:15 that same night. The same night as the alleged 8am ping on the side road off the very same highway Wes would have been travelling on, to get back and forth to work in Franklin. The very same area LE got this tip on, to search. IF it's AJ's phone they're out there searching for, and IF it did ping in that area Tuesday March 3rd at 8am, There is absolutely NO way WH is not involved in AJ's disappearance. There would be no reason whatsoever for her phone to be out in that area, unless taken there by Wes himself.

So IF this is all true, when did he take the phone (and possibly AJ too?) out there? Was he working out there in the Franklin area, the Monday, March 2nd? If yes, there is no way that lunch meeting ever happened. He claims he left work at 11:53 and met with AJ at 12:15 at some gas station somewhere yet... it's an hour drive from Franklin to Norfolk. So what WAS Wes actually doing during his lunch hour (which was actually about 90 minutes) on Monday, March 2nd that he felt he needed to make up this stupid meeting at the gas station & giving AJ money, etc.? Taking a little stroll up to Joyners Bridge Road to toss AJ's cell phone in a pond, perhaps?

Loads of IFS but if Wes was working in the Franklin area on that Monday (and Tuesday) and IF the phone ping was from AJ's phone on Tuesday March 3rd at 8am, that lunch meeting never happened, all those texts from AJ's phone were not from her at all, those "sightings" of her by Wavy and Smokey neighbors were not actually her at all. IF the phone pings were from AJ's phone, she went missing FROM the house sometime after her sister saw her at 7am Monday morning. Exactly as many of us have suspected for weeks now.

All entirely speculation of course.

ETA: the tip that didn't come in through the tip line? Came from AJ's cell provider records. moo.

I was thinking the same thing in the middle of the night. Monday if he was working in that area there is no way he could have met AJ at that time he said. But why on earth would he place himself with her if he wasnt? Did she meet up with someone else that he/she knows he's covering for? Also maybe they didn't meet at all, or maybe they did meet and he wasn't working in that area that day.

Maybe somebody else took her out to that location besides Wes. The man didn't see the truck until around the week he went to jail. Was he going on there checking on another tip? Was he checking on someone else that lived there? Was he going to take matters in his own hand like he tried to do with the Texty kid? Do we totally disregard the neighbor witness's sightings of the white car and her driving the truck on Monday? There are so many twists to this. :) I think it definitely has a drug undertone here.

So...March 19 (if I'm reading correctly). And the IOW neighbor interviewed during this latest search says he saw the white work van about a week 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. From March 19 to April 3 is 15 days. Time frame fits like a glove, imo.

I think he dumped the clothes in Chesapeake a day or to before the 19, then drove out to IOW and dumped the cell. Probably on the same run.

Now that would make sense. You would have though NPD would have been watching him. But who knows.

Lots of broken links all of a sudden. Wonder who's purging them, and why?

But why would he dump the phone the same place that it pinged on March 3? Is he trying to frame someone else? I could see him dumping it there when he (went fishing) she or that phone would have had to be in that area on 3/3 also. Maybe he had the phone but not her. That would be a big risk driving a work van around with someone in the back especially if he works around other workers. I would be afraid they would go in each other's trucks and stuff if he worked with other contractors.

I'm thinking there is a lot more to this like another person involved that maybe he worked with at his company or someone else that is a contract worker that maybe drugs were involved. IMO.

And this is exactly why I can't form an opinion as to whether or not WH actually DID have a second phone. If he tells LE that this tip was called in on his cell phone, and they look at his phone records and find nothing, of course WH is then going to lie and say he had a second phone " but...ummm...lost it". On the other hand, if he was in fact a drug dealer (assumption here), then naturally he would have a second phone.

My personal gut feeling is that he lied about this second phone, but we can't confirm anything about this phone at this point.

MOO

Well if AJ phone had pinged in that location than its a good chance that it was probably known by LE already. So why is this the first time in weeks that they finally decide to search there. Also for 2 weeks the press was saying last seen at 7am. Then they said last seen between the evening and early morning of the 2nd and 3rd. So forgive me if I feel that LE is going off of pings from Wes's 2nd phone. They may have just said Hadsell because they didn't want Wes to know via news media.

I'm having thoughts of Anjelica a lot today. I just got a call this morning that a young (25 yr old) friend and fellow church member was killed in a car accident while driving home to see her parents for Easter. A promising, just-established veterinarian, who had a deep love for people and animals, and her Lord, her life was tragically ended in a split second. So much hope and potential, just like Anjelica. I pray and hope that AJ still has the opportunity to fulfill her potential.

Not very Christ-like of me this Easter, but I couldn't help but look at the lives of these two precious young ladies in stark contrast to the recent stories of Noah Thomas' and Owen Collins' parents :( They seem to have long lives ahead of them, subsidized by our money, seems too unfair.

I was thinking the same thing in the middle of the night. Monday if he was working in that area there is no way he could have met AJ at that time he said. But why on earth would he place himself with her if he wasnt? Did she meet up with someone else that he/she knows he's covering for? Also maybe they didn't meet at all, or maybe they did meet and he wasn't working in that area that day.

Maybe somebody else took her out to that location besides Wes. The man didn't see the truck until around the week he went to jail. Was he going on there checking on another tip? Was he checking on someone else that lived there? Was he going to take matters in his own hand like he tried to do with the Texty kid? Do we totally disregard the neighbor witness's sightings of the white car and her driving the truck on Monday? There are so many twists to this. :) I think it definitely has a drug undertone here.

I don't think he met anyone at a gas station on that day. I believe he was confronted by NPD and they wanted to know why he was gone so long that day. If NPD checked surveillance and traffic cameras and didn't see him that would make sense. I believe 2 events could have taken place that day (Mar 2nd). Something that morning after 7 or 7:30 - and explained as dropping off the truck. The second between 11:53 and 1:15. (In fact, it might have been longer - how do we know he didn't leave before 1153.) I don't believe a truck was simply dropped off or a meeting took place around noontime.

Well if AJ phone had pinged in that location than its a good chance that it was probably known by LE already. So why is this the first time in weeks that they finally decide to search there. Also for 2 weeks the press was saying last seen at 7am. Then they said last seen between the evening and early morning of the 2nd and 3rd. So forgive me if I feel that LE is going off of pings from Wes's 2nd phone. They may have just said Hadsell because they didn't want Wes to know via news media.

I wonder if he had 3 phones. Possibly a work cell phone, personal cell phone and burner phone. Lots of phones to keep up with but if he travels a lot wouldn't he need a work phone and then his personal phone and then the burner phone for his (other job) lol

I'm having thoughts of Anjelica a lot today. I just got a call this morning that a young (25 yr old) friend and fellow church member was killed in a car accident while driving home to see her parents for Easter. A promising, just-established veterinarian, who had a deep love for people and animals, and her Lord, her life was tragically ended in a split second. So much hope and potential, just like Anjelica. I pray and hope that AJ still has the opportunity to fulfill her potential.

Not very Christ-like of me this Easter, but I couldn't help but look at the lives of these two precious young ladies in stark contrast to the recent stories of Noah Thomas' and Owen Collins' parents :( They seem to have long lives ahead of them, subsidized by our money, seems too unfair.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. May she rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence