VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would he dump the phone the same place that it pinged on March 3? Is he trying to frame someone else? I could see him dumping it there when he (went fishing) she or that phone would have had to be in that area on 3/3 also. Maybe he had the phone but not her. That would be a big risk driving a work van around with someone in the back especially if he works around other workers. I would be afraid they would go in each other's trucks and stuff if he worked with other contractors.

I'm thinking there is a lot more to this like another person involved that maybe he worked with at his company or someone else that is a contract worker that maybe drugs were involved. IMO.

How would he know where the phone pinged or didn't ping? He wouldn't have access to those records. He doesn't seem all that bright to me, maybe he doesn't even know that cell phones DO ping. Who knows?

And, IF something awful happened to AJ, I think he disposed of her almost immediately. My feeling is that she is somewhere in that neighborhood, near the hotel, or near those 2 locations. Thinking about it yesterday, I am back to thinking Botanical Gardens area.

But, I'm just guessing on all of this.

Well if AJ phone had pinged in that location than its a good chance that it was probably known by LE already. So why is this the first time in weeks that they finally decide to search there. Also for 2 weeks the press was saying last seen at 7am. Then they said last seen between the evening and early morning of the 2nd and 3rd. So forgive me if I feel that LE is going off of pings from Wes's 2nd phone. They may have just said Hadsell because they didn't want Wes to know via news media.

You are forgiven. ;)

But seriously, you make a valid point. It's certainly possible that this was the mysterious 2nd phone (if it exists).

I don't think he met anyone at a gas station on that day. I believe he was confronted by NPD and they wanted to know why he was gone so long that day. If NPD checked surveillance and traffic cameras and didn't see him that would make sense. I believe 2 events could have taken place that day (Mar 2nd). Something that morning after 7 or 7:30 - and explained as dropping off the truck. The second between 11:53 and 1:15. (In fact, it might have been longer - how do we know he didn't leave before 1153.) I don't believe a truck was simply dropped off or a meeting took place around noontime.

So he definitely wouldn't have been working in Franklin area that day but that's easily confirmed by his work records, boss, foreman, etc. if he was in Norfolk that day. Do you think it was AJ driving the truck later that day though? Do you think the neighbors have their day's mixed up?

How would he know where the phone pinged or didn't ping? He wouldn't have access to those records. He doesn't seem all that bright to me, maybe he doesn't even know that cell phones DO ping. Who knows?

And, IF something awful happened to AJ, I think he disposed of her almost immediately. My feeling is that she is somewhere in that neighborhood, near the hotel, or near those 2 locations. Thinking about it yesterday, I am back to thinking Botanical Gardens area.

He was very busy trying to make sure that the text he was sending from her phone couldn't be tracked as being in the same location as his regular phone. So I think he got mixed up and turned on her phone by accident at the hotel or in this last search area. Jmo

How would he know where the phone pinged or didn't ping? He wouldn't have access to those records.

I'm pretty sure they had the Find My Phone app on AJ's phone <modsnip>. What I find strange is that JH/WH were tracking her phone but (I'm assuming) not allowing LE legal access to do the same. I may be wrong, but I feel like yesterday's search was prompted by the response of the phone company to a warrant from LE. When LE has to get a warrant (instead of permission from the account holder), it takes longer to get the records. I don't think JH or WH wanted LE to have open access to their phone records. And I believe JH was the primary account holder, not WH.

How would he know where the phone pinged or didn't ping? He wouldn't have access to those records.

Clothes in Chesapeake (misdirection?) and cell phone 50 miles away in another direction. Sure would help lead LE in different directions. It would be a bold person to drive over an hour to put a body some place. What if you get stopped by LE? Speaking of which, LE has to have checked out the truck. Maybe the work van he drove that day. No results? Results not back? (Where LE is sure a crime has been committed, the crime lab will give those priority. Missing person w/o evidence of a crime it is something that unfortunately is a lower priority in crime labs. We saw that in the Christina Morris case where LE had a suspect the first week, but it still took 6 weeks to 2 months to get the results from the lab.) Of course, there is the mysterious "White car" that the witnesses saw, but not the driver.

Well if AJ phone had pinged in that location than its a good chance that it was probably known by LE already. So why is this the first time in weeks that they finally decide to search there. Also for 2 weeks the press was saying last seen at 7am. Then they said last seen between the evening and early morning of the 2nd and 3rd. So forgive me if I feel that LE is going off of pings from Wes's 2nd phone. They may have just said Hadsell because they didn't want Wes to know via news media.

That's true why wait all this time. Maybe because both their phones pinged in that area. Once for AJs on the 3rd and then his also later on and that is what prompted them to search the pond and with the neighbor seeing the truck on the same road it's weird. Maybe he was riding by that area because he was looking for someone. Checking to see if they night be home. Maybe someone else had her phone on the 3rd in that area and he got a tip and was going out there to check it out.

Clothes in Chesapeake (misdirection?) and cell phone 50 miles away in another direction. Sure would help lead LE in different directions. It would be a bold person to drive over an hour to put a body some place. What if you get stopped by LE? Speaking of which, LE has to have checked out the truck. Maybe the work van he drove that day. No results? Results not back? (Where LE is sure a crime has been committed, the crime lab will give those priority. Missing person w/o evidence of a crime it is something that unfortunately is a lower priority in crime labs. We saw that in the Christina Morris case where LE had a suspect the first week, but it still took 6 weeks to 2 months to get the results from the lab.) Of course, there is the mysterious "White car" that the witnesses saw, but not the driver.

Maybe she was in a white car and never in that work van. Maybe he just had her phone or someone else had her phone. I know he's done some dumb stuff but would he really be that dumb to leave her phone on? He's not new to this whole kidnapping thing. You would think he would be smarter.

I'm having thoughts of Anjelica a lot today. I just got a call this morning that a young (25 yr old) friend and fellow church member was killed in a car accident while driving home to see her parents for Easter. A promising, just-established veterinarian, who had a deep love for people and animals, and her Lord, her life was tragically ended in a split second. So much hope and potential, just like Anjelica. I pray and hope that AJ still has the opportunity to fulfill her potential.

Not very Christ-like of me this Easter, but I couldn't help but look at the lives of these two precious young ladies in stark contrast to the recent stories of Noah Thomas' and Owen Collins' parents :( They seem to have long lives ahead of them, subsidized by our money, seems too unfair.

I am so sorry for your loss! Prayers and warm thoughts sent. Tragic at anytime, but especially right before Easter.

So he definitely wouldn't have been working in Franklin area that day but that's easily confirmed by his work records, boss, foreman, etc. if he was in Norfolk that day. Do you think it was AJ driving the truck later that day though? Do you think the neighbors have their day's mixed up?

It's likely the neighbors might be mixed up. But it was a Monday and AJ was gone at Longwood the previous week I believe. (I don't know if we ever heard when she got home from Longwood.) Of course, they may have seen the truck and by the time they turned to look at it and then recognize it, it was already past them driving away. They could be looking at the back the truck and assuming AJ was driving when actually they might have not known if it was a man or a woman. Neighbors drive past me all the time and I usually don't see who is actually driving.

BBM

Well, he's a kook, but I don't believe he would do that. IF something awful happened to AJ, he would have disposed of her remains almost immediately. And by that, I mean, the first chance he got where he could dump and not be seen. My guess is between the late evening hours of March 2 and the very early morning hours of March 3.

JMO

ETA: I think he held on to several of her items hoping to plant them and misdirect LE to look elsewhere, but when LE started looking in his direction , he freaked and started to just dump, dump, dump.

I'm pretty sure they had the Find My Phone app on AJ's phone, because WH mentioned that JH had tracked it. What I find strange is that JH/WH were tracking her phone but (I'm assuming) not allowing LE legal access to do the same. I may be wrong, but I feel like yesterday's search was prompted by the response of the phone company to a warrant from LE. When LE has to get a warrant (instead of permission from the account holder), it takes longer to get the records. I don't think JH or WH wanted LE to have open access to their phone records. And I believe JH was the primary account holder, not WH.

Where was this mentioned? I don't recall hearing/reading this before now.

I'm suddenly confused on something. Where is the info that her cell phone pinged in IOW on march 3 coming from? Or did I misread that?

BBM

Well, he's a kook, but I don't believe he would do that. IF something awful happened to AJ, he would have disposed of her remains almost immediately. And by that, I mean, the first chance he got where he could dump and not be seen. My guess is between the late evening hours of March 2 and the very early morning hours of March 3.

JMO

ETA: I think he held on to several of her items (Phone, clothes, what have you) hoping to plant them and misdirect LE to look elsewhere, but when LE started looking in his direction (after the kids rolled on him about the b&e), he freaked and started to just dump, dump, dump.

If he did it, I see this as a likely scenario. Clothes in Chesapeake. Then turn her phone on in IOW, turn it back off and toss it. We've got LE going in 2 different directions.

If he did it, I see this as a likely scenario. Clothes in Chesapeake. Then turn her phone on in IOW, turn it back off and toss it. We've got LE going in 2 different directions.

Exactly.

What if she did go in a white car and with her softball bag. Maybe she and an old Norview friend. If she left in a hurry with someone high school got out that time maybe they picked her up and had intensions of even practicing with them that day because they had practice. Maybe they changed their minds and went somewhere else hooked up with someone else. Maybe someone that they have in common...Just an opinion or other theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If WH threw AJ's phone in that pond I do not think it was a random choice. I think either WH is familiar with someone associated with that property, or he knew that a person associated with that property could be known to friends of AJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout