VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Hannah Garner came out of hiding and some people were actually upset with her for running away and putting people through the anguish.

Rsbm

Jumping off your post, same with AH who many speculated she had run away...when she was found alive you wouldn't believe the crappy comments (understatement)...turned out she was being held alive against her will under unspeeeeaaaakble circumstances by an absolute MONSTER.

*eta: AH's case will always haunt me. This is why it is so important here not to assume someone ran away, and even if they did, it doesn't mean they are safe because you don't know how/if their vulnerability has put them in a dangerous situation...

*imo we, ok I'll say "I" should have pressed harder to find her sooner.

Time is of essence..

JMO

O/T

But I have the worst hangover EVERRRR. My eyes are so swollen I can barely see, and today is Hubby's birthday, so I have to try to make merry.

Today sucks. That is all.
Hair of the dog.
Then lots of water, vitaminb, and a hot bath.
But, this is new to me so idk what you should do...

Jumping off your post, I have a question for long-time case followers. Well, first let me preface. It seems crazy to me to put a body on your own property if you are the perp. But again, stranger things have happened. My question is this. Is it rare (or has it happened several times that anyone can recall) that the person who turns out later to be found guilty has hidden the body of the victim on his/her own property? I just find that so unlikely, but then I haven't followed many cases. TIA. And I'm not pointing fingers at the property owner at all. Just asking a general question.

That resonates with me frisson. Good to see you, again. I remember you from Hannah Graham's search effort, fondly. Assuming LE may have treated this like a homicide from the get go, and if this is Hadsell's doing, then he would have had her here from the get go, before all the rig ma roll with the cards, the 5 am tweet pretending to be AJ, it may be possible. It is the only time he had without eyes on him. All the people whose help he enlisted to find AJ were his little pawns in a game of distraction, that hasn't ended, I think. AJ was found because bigger things became at stake than Hadsell. The same dynamic made his sister questioned his veracity has an unstoppable momentum to it, I think. Something keeps nagging at me at what could be bigger than AJ's life for that to be true, for anyone, even for AJ to be worth dying for, if that is the case?

I remember reading that yesterday about the FBI being involved very early on - they must of retracted it? I looked for the article but now they are all saying "the FBI is now involved"

Same, I specifically remember a news station saying that a police spokesperson clarified that the FBI have actually been involved a while. I think it was in a video, actually.

It seemed like the investigation took a leap when the State and FBI got involve. I wonder why the news media hasn't went to the Southampton County Deeds office to find out who owns this house yet.

Most of the time you can look up this info right on the county's website .

I have heard on the news they are trying to find more info about the property but that they have been in touch with the owners that live out of state.

I'm hoping you're joking. If it takes 1 or 5000 officers to investigate this I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope people don't think I think it's a waste of money, that's not what I meant at all. The young lady that passed (if it is her) deserves every resource available to help find who did this. I'd just rather those state police be out patrolling highways. I counted over 8 marked state police cars. 2-3 should be enough imo.

I remember reading that yesterday about the FBI being involved very early on - they must of retracted it? I looked for the article but now they are all saying "the FBI is now involved"

I agree with you. I read that as well, but honestly I wouldn't even know where I read it to go back and try to find it. I do remember reading that the FBI had been working in a supportive role with NPD early on. I think that it is not uncommon for a PD to contact the FBI and utilize some of their resources behind the scenes and once things escalate the FBI will take on a more active role, which is what we are seeing now. But since I can't find that article either, just call it MOO.

"Many times the arrival of additional personnel can cause problems in protecting the scene. Only those people responsible for the immediate investigation of the crime, the securing of the crime scene, and the processing of the crime scene should be present. Non-essential police officers, district attorney investigators, federal agents, politicians, etc. should never be allowed into a secured crime scene unless they can add something (other than contamination) to the crime scene investigation."

Jumping off your post, I have a question for long-time case followers. Well, first let me preface. It seems crazy to me to put a body on your own property if you are the perp. But again, stranger things have happened. My question is this. Is it rare (or has it happened several times that anyone can recall) that the person who turns out later to be found guilty has hidden the body of the victim on his/her own property? I just find that so unlikely, but then I haven't followed many cases. TIA. And I'm not pointing fingers at the property owner at all. Just asking a general question.

I can recall one off the top of my head - Abraham Shakespeare. The perp - who was a member here and posted on his thread - buried Abraham on her property and had her ex-husband pour concrete over the grave. The ex didn't know. There are others but I'd have to dig for names. I think Fred and Rosemary West buried a few victims at their house.

Another thought, hypothetically speaking, IF there is a sexual motive to this crime, we know most predators don't usually suddenly start committing such acts in their adulthood...one has to wonder, aside from other possible past charges that we know about, what ELSE might the perp have done, in years waaaaaayyy back, I'm talking other states, etc, preincarceration, and even post incarceration and recenty for that matter.

*Ugh, this just led to my post from thread 1, soooooooo many unsolved cases in VA...RAT and JLM are behind bars...

Hmmmmmm....
Hate it, but my brain went here too. This guy is a monster. A controlling monster. What else will we find out that he's done?

Good too see our tax dollars at work. (sarcasm) Shouldn't all those local and state cops be patrolling highways and city streets to make sure things like this don't happen again? SMH.

I actually had to read this twice because I was sure I read it wrong the first time. I didn't.

Let me ask though, if the deceased found on that property is who we all assume it is, and the person who put them there is the person many of us assume it is, how is patrolling the highways and city streets going to prevent this from happening again?

As far as I'm concerned, every single member of LE on site today is exactly where he or she should be, doing exactly what they're being paid to do. And God richly bless them for it.

There's always DNA testing as well. I'd think most people have dental records though.

As morbid as it sounds, if it is her, I'd be interested to know if there are 9mm bullets in the body.

Duh, that's right, earlier I speculated the cod will turn out to be BFT/ asphyx, but duh, very likely we could see 9mm. JMO

Yesterday I figured either he confessed, or the family knew the location was connected to him ( with the owners last name being what it was), as the sister changed her tune so quickly. Now, knowing a family comment to the property is unlikely, I think it's possible he finally caved. His own words gave himself away over and over, and I think it's likely LE has plenty of evidence we aren't privy to yet.

I don't know, I think maybe they read my post from two days ago, took it to heart and the walls came crashing down. :giggle:

In the words of WH:
“it’s destroying the family” — http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjeli...ell-in-danger/

“ the glue of our family” — http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...adsell-n324491

“I do have successful employment and a business and stuff like that... and a good family” — https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8C3PLn0No/edit & http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jai...esley-hadsell/

“…she is missing because maybe she was gonna tell on me, or something” — https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8C3PLn0No/edit & http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jai...esley-hadsell/

JF: Just for the record, for this, you obviously know what I mean, no disrespect: You can say with confidence that you have nothing to do with the disappearance of anjelica? 
WH: Yes sir, I can say with one hundred percent confidence, and I told them last night. I don't know where she is. — https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8C3PLn0No/edit & http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jai...esley-hadsell/

I'm trying to flesh out motivation. It is something that I struggle with in the "WH did it" theory. Also, it is obvious that others monitor this thread. I hope if there are those with information that have not been forthcoming are struck by WH words into remembering something that is helpful, they will be motivated to inform LE. I believe there are people out there that can help break this case. I hope they will do the right thing.

J/K
I do think family members were reading here, but I think if WH-S was one of them, she couldn't have contained herself from posting.

Just a reminder folks, the property where remains were found has not been identified by address in the MSM. Please refrain from posting info about any specific address or the owner(s) thereof.

Thank you

Just seeing Tlcya's post, reading this thread somewhat backwards, sorry about posting the address earlier that I saw on JF's twitter!

Duh, that's right, earlier I speculated the cod will turn out to be BFT/ asphyx, but duh, very likely we could see 9mm. JMO

Could also be drug overdose. We just don't know what happened to this beautiful girl. YET.

I actually had to read this twice because I was sure I read it wrong the first time. I didn't.

Let me ask though, if the deceased found on that property is who we all assume it is, and the person who put them there is the person many of us assume it is, how is patrolling the highways and city streets going to prevent this from happening again?

As far as I'm concerned, every single member of LE on site today is exactly where he or she should be, doing exactly what they're being paid to do. And God richly bless them for it.

:tyou: for saying it in a way I couldn't even begin to, Ontario Mom. :loveyou:

Could also be drug overdose. We just don't know what happened to this beautiful girl. YET.

??? What? No way, unless someone injected her or something like that. You know, you never know...remember Katy in the firefighter's case, when it turned out he had drugs (XTC) in his system? And I was like, no way...?!

*The more I learn and see, the less I know. I wouldn't thiiiiiink AJ OD'd in the morning/middle of the afternoon....was she depressed?

I'm like ten pages behind in this thread already. Going back to read.

I have heard on the news they are trying to find more info about the property but that they have been in touch with the owners that live out of state.

At first I was thinking that it may be owned by the bank or HUD home or something of that nature. I'm wondering if the person who placed this deceased victim on the property planned to come back, maybe move the victim to another location, but was unable to for some reason they may have had no control of.

The amount of work you have and continue to put into this evolving document / info sheet literally amazes me, luckyseven!

We are truly lucky and blessed to have you here working AJ's case. IMVHO, this is a template to collating information, building timelines, etc., and I hope to see it used on other threads, because it is brilliant in its readability, user-friendliness, and overall :websleuther: awesomeness!.
:bow:
:gthanks:
:moo:

Thank you so much!! I want to cry - this is truly a particularly fantastic compliment for me to hear, because you've touched on exactly what I hope to do best. I did my BA in Media Studies and am currently doing my MPA in Public Affairs. I'm absolutely passionate about encouraging the use of modern media capabilities in criminal investigating. I'm trying to do an outreach internship for NCMEC this summer! Thanks for helping me feel I am on the right path. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove