VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can recall one off the top of my head - Abraham Shakespeare. The perp - who was a member here and posted on his thread - buried Abraham on her property and had her ex-husband pour concrete over the grave. The ex didn't know. There are others but I'd have to dig for names. I think Fred and Rosemary West buried a few victims at their house.

A few more:
Another VA case - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Child-s-Body-Found-Under-Shed-Gloucester-2011
A recent case still under investigation - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...JT-quot-Codd-45-Leicester-March-2015-*ARREST*
Fairly recent - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-found-in-shallow-graves-in-Clemmons-backyard

I think it happens quite commonly in small children's cases. I can think of at least a half dozen more off the top of my head, but I don't feel the need to go dredging up all the links. <sigh>

Hate it, but my brain went here too. This guy is a monster. A controlling monster. What else will we find out that he's done?

*note to self---link /review both JLM and RAT other possible victims section after I catch up.

Jumping off your post, I have a question for long-time case followers. Well, first let me preface. It seems crazy to me to put a body on your own property if you are the perp. But again, stranger things have happened. My question is this. Is it rare (or has it happened several times that anyone can recall) that the person who turns out later to be found guilty has hidden the body of the victim on his/her own property? I just find that so unlikely, but then I haven't followed many cases. TIA. And I'm not pointing fingers at the property owner at all. Just asking a general question.

Believe it or not, people do bury bodies on their own property. There have been cases of bodies buried in crawl spaces and basements and also buried in backyard, with cement poured over the top.

That's not melodramatic, that is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read, and I couldn't agree more. I'm all out of tissues, gonna have to be toilet roll now
Skibaboo, I am so sorry for your loss as well. I am sure it can't be easy for you right now, and my thoughts are with you, too.

Thank you so much!! I want to cry - this is truly a particularly fantastic compliment for me to hear, because you've touched on exactly what I hope to do best. I did my BA in Media Studies and am currently doing my MPA in Public Affairs. I'm absolutely passionate about encouraging the use of modern media capabilities in criminal investigating. I'm trying to do an outreach internship for NCMEC this summer! Thanks for helping me feel I am on the right path. :)

You are a superstar!

I can recall one off the top of my head - Abraham Shakespeare. The perp - who was a member here and posted on his thread - buried Abraham on her property and had her ex-husband pour concrete over the grave. The ex didn't know. There are others but I'd have to dig for names. I think Fred and Rosemary West buried a few victims at their house.

Gacy? Dahmer? I could go on... but I don't want to. Point is, no it's not rare.

Jumping off your post, I have a question for long-time case followers. Well, first let me preface. It seems crazy to me to put a body on your own property if you are the perp. But again, stranger things have happened. My question is this. Is it rare (or has it happened several times that anyone can recall) that the person who turns out later to be found guilty has hidden the body of the victim on his/her own property? I just find that so unlikely, but then I haven't followed many cases. TIA. And I'm not pointing fingers at the property owner at all. Just asking a general question.
Hi! Great to see you Frisson!

*note to self---link /review both JLM and RAT other possible victims section after I catch up.

Right! There were a lot of victims dredged up in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area. I dipped into that thread for a time right around when they found HG.

Happened several times, if someone is linked in anyway, not necessarily as the owner but somehow tied to it.

Dellen Millard in Tim Bosma's case iirc, who else, Gabrielle Swainson's killer maybe iirc, lets see who else, quite a few iirc. Then you have cases where the criminals are either stupid, pressed for time, and the dump it at their work site (Beverly Carter's case iirc)...then you have a lot of serial killers...yes, happens all the time imo.

Reminder we are not allowed to talk about any potential property owners in this case!!!

*Awareness space/convenience (work in Franklin) is how I think the perp mght be tied here, jmo.

??? What? No way, unless someone injected her or something like that. You know, you never know...remember Katy in the firefighter's case, when it turned out he had drugs (XTC) in his system? And I was like, no way...?!

*The more I learn and see, the less I know. I wouldn't thiiiiiink AJ OD'd in the morning/middle of the afternoon....was she depressed?

I'm like ten pages behind in this thread already. Going back to read.

I'm just trying to say that we really have NO idea what happened in this case. We all have gut feelings, suspicions, theories, assumptions...but we simply don't have any solid facts. YET.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2015/04/09/search-for-anjelica-hadsell/25531969/

Ah, I'm not disagreeing with you, but if read the above article and past articles you will find that the FBI just got involved during the past week.

If you look at the past searches that have taken place will see that there was no FBI presence . FBI only gets involved in these cases when the local LE is stumped and they ask for help. Unless it's obvious that a kidnapping or cross state line crime/child endanger/ and other. But if you can show me where FBI was involved early then I'd be wrong I suppose . Anyway the FBI involment has just appeared in articles that I have been reading this week.

Perhaps I am wrong when I add this: I believe that it is possible FBI could be involved even without a request from the locals if the current case was connected to another case that they were working or had been involved in in the past. Do we have any FBI VIs? That would be nice, wouldn't it? :thinking:

Right! There were a lot of victims dredged up in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area. I dipped into that thread for a time right around when they found HG.

There are? , omg, this is a rabbit hole, I'm never going to get caught up here, lol.

I think he dumped the body there the day after trying to set up Texty kid. He seemed desperate and he had a feeling he was about to get snitched on. So he just decided to do a quick dump especially after he seen that police didn't suspect Texty even after going to his house. Wes knew then that he was their focus and he had to act quick before being snitched on for the B&E. Jmo

I actually had to read this twice because I was sure I read it wrong the first time. I didn't.

Let me ask though, if the deceased found on that property is who we all assume it is, and the person who put them there is the person many of us assume it is, how is patrolling the highways and city streets going to prevent this from happening again?

As far as I'm concerned, every single member of LE on site today is exactly where he or she should be, doing exactly what they're being paid to do. And God richly bless them for it.

And maybe just maybe they should keep these vermin locked up after they kidnap a woman or rob a bank etc etc.
How many freaking chances do we have to give these low lifes?

Martha Stewart had to wear an ankle bracelet.
Pot smokers are serving life sentences.
And look at what we let roam our streets and live in our neighborhoods!

Sorry for the rant!

Could also be drug overdose. We just don't know what happened to this beautiful girl. YET.

He would have walked away from that, pretended he didn't know, I think. Why hide her in a stash house, if he did the hiding here, if it were just an overdose? If you look through the Pilot pictures, you'll see technicians wearing masks stepping into the house. Why would they need masks?

There are? , omg, this is a rabbit hole, I'm never going to get caught up here, lol.

Let me clarify. If I recall correctly there were a number of missing women around the area. Mathews had spent time at a college in Newport News so there was some investigations about possible victims that he could have attacked.

If WH has other victims, I think they would be young.

I think he dumped the body there the day after trying to set up Texty kid. He seemed desperate and he had a feeling he was about to get snitched on. So he just decided to do a quick dump especially after he seen that police didn't suspect Texty even after going to his house. Wes knew then that he was there focus and he had to act quick before being snitched on for the B&E. Jmo

I think he used that house a lot!
stashed stuff...

Believe it or not, people do bury bodies on their own property. There have been cases of bodies buried in crawl spaces and basements and also buried in backyard, with cement poured over the top.
WARNING GRAPHIC, SLIGHTLY O/T:

Click for spoiler:
Dear God ARS kept Jessica's head and hands in his crawlspace. He disposed of her torso in another location miles away. After he flushed her organs and fingers down the toilet.

ETA: ugh help how do you do the spoiler thing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member