VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure those items of evidence go with this crime. They might, IDK. I'm thinking they had to lock WH up for his own good & that of the investigation. I could be 100% wrong though.

JMO

Again, I am trying to keep an open mind here and watching the jailhouse interview with WH last night actually helps. I do agree that LE should have been looking for an opportunity to lock him up -- whether or not they suspected him of harming AJ. Family and friends may have seen that loose-cannon behavior of his for what it was (in fact, they may have seen that sort of thing long before AJ went missing) and actually been relieved when LE arrested him.

There is little doubt in my mind that cops know exactly who did this, if anyone. They didn't pull that location out of thin air.

JMO

I'm wondering if WH knew this location through his line of work.

To our wonderful mods-is there any chance AJ can get her own forum? TIA!

I'm not a very good "sleuther" but several years ago, I worked for the Va. Beach Probation and Parole Dept. for 4 years. My job involved typing and putting together presentencing reports for the court. Those reports consisted of background information about the perp. and intricate details of the crime(s) they committed, among other things. One thing I noticed in many of the reports involving a murder was that the perp. would revisit the scene of the crime, sometimes numerous times, probably b/c of some strange emotional connection. My mind has been going all over the place with this and not in a good way either. It makes me nauseated to think about it.

Warning! Mildly graphic.

That's great information, thanks! The same crossed my mind (along with a hundred other thoughts). So far I think AJ was put at the abandoned house from the get go - i.e. not moved from somewhere else. I think she was placed outside the house because the door was locked and the perp was in a hurry. I'd like to know what position she was in when LE found her though.

What confounds me is why the perp would return weeks later. Either the neighbor is mistaken on the time and he saw the van much earlier or the perp returned for a reason. If it was WH and if he was drugged up I could see him returning. Maybe to "visit" the body (ugh) or maybe to retrieve something. Or maybe to check that he didn't leave something incriminating. I just don't know.

I can't see him going back to take something off of AJ's body. I also don't think he left other items at the house (cell phone, clothes, etc.) as it would be easier and safer to dispose of them away from the area. So why go back?

LE stated in their press conference today that the neighbor never filed a report (which doesn't exclude that they had learned about it somehow else.)

JMO

Did I miss a LE press conference? Alice, where did you find this??

Again, I am trying to keep an open mind here and watching the jailhouse interview with WH last night actually helps. I do agree that LE should have been looking for an opportunity to lock him up -- whether or not they suspected him of harming AJ. Family and friends may have seen that loose-cannon behavior of his for what it was (in fact, they may have seen that sort of thing long before AJ went missing) and actually been relieved when LE arrested him.
I just find it so telling that his own sister has now come out and spoken openly that she doubts his innocence.

I'm wondering if WH knew this location through his line of work.

No idea. I know his wife said in worked in that town but not sure how many square miles it encompasses.

What happened approx 30 days ago? Cell phone ping records usually take about 1 month, don't they? (I swear I think I "knew" that a few hours ago!)

No, no they didn't. Now I'm not about to go sleuthing the property owners or anything but something lead LE right straight to this address.

Thoughts on what it could have been?

His phone pings?
AJ's phone?
Both of their phones?
Employment records turned over to LE from employer?
Address written down on a piece of paper in WH's wallet?
Address was listed on something WH owns or rented?

??

Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner!

I keep thinking of the scenario someone discussed about the crawl space access. The tent that was set up was butted up to the house, I would imagine that is exactly where her body was found.
Also I'm wondering if her body could have been placed in a yard storage container/ Rubbermade type and placed next to the house, the type of container people store lawn furniture cushions in- it wouldn't seem out of place if police did a quick search of the property without finding her on Wednesday if she was placed in a typical yard bin.
The house was abandoned for 2 years. The couple who owns it lives out of state. The home has NOT been maintained. The grass WAS waist high. That's been reported in msm.

I think you guys are thinking of "lawn" type grass. What I'm seeing in the photos is wild grass. Trust me, out here in the country it takes over pretty quickly if you don't maintain your property. We let a feild on our property go for about a year, and had to bring in a bush hog to cut it all down. It was easily up to my thighs...and that was only after a year of neglect.

It's also interesting to note that LE was out at the Franklin house on Wednesday. it wasn't until Thursday that they found her body. So she was NOT immediately visible.

As far as the text that Aj was "afraid" of someone, I think we saw it broken down differently. Possibly Luckey7? Anyone have a quick link (OM) is usually fast at this.
Iirc, "HELP" wasn't really a call for help, it was texty lingo for something not so drastic.

Just wondering,has that text been verified by LE?

I wouldn't transport a body in a stolen car. Seems a bit risky.

JMO

I wouldn't break into a house and plant evidence or change my story, either...all of those seem a bit risky. This guy is no genius, though. We often attribute common sense and good judgment to the things that suspects and perps do -- but then those things all fly out the window because many of these people have neither common sense nor good judgment.

Did I miss a LE press conference? Alice, where did you find this??

It was in several articles that were written about her remains being recovered. I'll go look. The chief (or sheriff) said Potter had never reported the bit about the van to LE before. Probably a yes/no response to a reporter's question.

Or green, or dark gray, or any darker shade of paint. No need to go thinking it was a government car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the make of the dark green vehicle we saw in the driveway on streetview, do you recall? I've looked again, but I can't tell. Plus, I kind of remember Zach telling us they no longer had that vehicle, but I might be recalling that incorrectly.

I went and looked up Virginia's crime report (lates available was 2013) to get some stats.
You can view the full report here: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/Crime_in_Virginia/Crime_in_Virginia_2013.pdf

Below is a summary:

Kidnapping/Abduction
In 2013, there were 1,315 actual and attempted kidnapings/abductions involving
1,499 victims. The month of May had the greatest number of ocurrences.

Victim Relationship to Perp:

Boyfriend/Girlfriend 27.50%
Relationship Unknown 23.50%
Victim Was Stranger 17.20%
Acquaintance 14.80%
Spouse 9.20%
Otherwise Known 7.80%

Where it occurred:

Residence/Home 76%
Highway/Road/Alley 12.80%
Hotel/Motel/Etc. 5.7%

Violent crime offenses
- include murder/nonnegligent manslaughter, aggravated assault, forcible sex offenses
and robbery. All violent crimes involve force or threat of force.
In 2013, contributing agencies reported 17,228 violent crime offenses involving 19,754 individual victims.

Victim Relationship to Perp:

Known to Victim 29.5%
Unknown 28.4%
Stranger 21.2%
Romantic Involvement 9%

Let's not forget that WH is a career criminal. Strung out on coke. With a knack for manipulating those around him. I put nothing past him. IF he is, in fact, responsible. IMO

I think the "pay" thing was probably in reference to a particular someone who posted another interview with WH Wednesday night (she isn't MSM).

LuckySeven did another wonderful transcription of it so no more money went to WH's phone account if everyone else listened.

WH had been planning to do another phone call/interview with her last night, but clearly seems to have thought wiser of that once word got out yesterday that she had been found (although I do wonder if she tried to call him still at night if he might have talked to her since he seemed to trust her for some reason) and his lawyer started telling the others no.

I missed the transcription of the pay interview . Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure those items of evidence go with this crime. They might, IDK. I'm thinking they had to lock WH up for his own good & that of the investigation. I could be 100% wrong though.

JMO

You do know about WH's previous criminal history, don't you, Alice?

Check the links within this article for more info. The first links will also give you details about the 1998 felonious restraint charge involving a minor.

http://wtkr.com/2015/03/23/father-of-missing-norfolk-teen-arrested/

I keep thinking of the scenario someone discussed about the crawl space access. The tent that was set up was butted up to the house, I would imagine that is exactly where her body was found.
Also I'm wondering if her body could have been placed in a yard storage container/ Rubbermade type and placed next to the house, the type of container people store lawn furniture cushions in- it wouldn't seem out of place if police did a quick search of the property without finding her on Wednesday if she was placed in a typical yard bin.

Good thinking! Some kind of storage container would also aid in transporting her - AJ was petite. Or a container already on site, heck, even a rain barrel. :( That could explain the delay in finding her; if LE was already searching nearby you'd think they'd look around an abandoned house right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove