VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind so I'm sorry if this has been answered 20 times already. It is either a Ford Explorer or Ford Expedition (I have the Explorer in that color).

I don't know if he actually says:
http://www.13newsnow.com/videos/news/local/2015/03/27/16131617/
"About a month ago, a black or dark blue caravan was seen late at night driving through the back into the backyard," Potts said. "I've seen Quality Plumbing trucks around Franklin but I hadn't seen one out this way."

He didn't even come to know her until she was 13. Didn't adopt her until she was 16. Her formidable years were long gone. Those were spent with Zach. She was already a well rounded individual BEFORE WH came into her life, and she stayed that way IN SPITE of him.

And the "correlation" as you speak of here speaks to his violent tendencies. Just because his previous victims were not "daughters"... They were young women, and people he claimed to have loved. They were "his"... As he continuously referred to AJ

I think I am allowed to disagree with you on this.

I believe both Zach & WH loved AJ and were good fathers to her. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I will believe the best of both men. Zach doesn't believe WH did anything wrong to her either, from what I have read. JMO, you don't have to choose one.

If she immediately went from a loving home into one of abuse and a lack of nurturing, I would not expect her to excel the way she did throughout her high school career and her freshman year of college.

JMO

Were the texts ever discussed here or released?

Just wondering,has that text been verified by LE?

Screenshots & article about the texts here:
http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Luckyseven wrote a fantastic analysis; IMO the texts might be a red herring. I read them as fairly innocuous, and couldn't see what the fuss was about.

March the 18th was the fishing picture date.

Just a quick "heads-up": can we try to remember that the "fishing" picture and associated quotes are second hand information from a source considered dubious enough that it's not allowed here on WS? Pretty please ?

I wouldn't transport a body in a stolen car. Seems a bit risky.

JMO

Good point. However think about the possible mindset of the perp (in ahurry, possibly panicked), and the experience/background of the potential perp (burglary, etc iirc). IMO these perps if in a hurry do things which is stupid in hindsight---look at Beverly Carter's perp who, iirc used his work vehicle (maybe not), but more importantly disposed of her body at one of his work locations.

My husband has a dark blue Caravan. At night with no lights it can appear black.

I have a really dark grey Dodge Caravan and you would swear it was black.

Pp
I don't see the correlation between that and raping & murdering a young woman he had raised as his own daughter for several years.

There have never been any allegations of molestation or a big falling out between AJ & WH, have there?

You can read all you want to into that 1 photo, but the only fact I know about him & AJ is that he helped to raise a well-liked, well-rounded, seemingly successful beautiful young woman. IDK the (stereo)typical profile of a sexual molestation victim, but she isn't it. She was doing great, AFAIK.

Actually,Zach raised her since she was very young and for many more years,not WH.

If you don't see a correlation between a man who was arrested for felonious restraint of a MINOR in 1998, and arrested for kidnapping and rape of his estranged wife in 2005, and a young woman going missing from a residence he very recently shared with her in 2015...then I guess we are simply going to have to agree to disagree.

If it walks like a duck...IMO.

How old was he in 1998? Was he a father figure to her or just a boyfriend?

Why limit himself to AJ? Surely her sisters have reported any inappropriate behavior to one or both of their parents & authorities by now, if there was any?

No, no they didn't. Now I'm not about to go sleuthing the property owners or anything but something lead LE right straight to this address.

Thoughts on what it could have been?

His phone pings?
AJ's phone?
Both of their phones?
Employment records turned over to LE from employer?
Address written down on a piece of paper in WH's wallet?
Address was listed on something WH owns or rented?

??
I firmly believe the location came from within the jail. The tip is just too specific. It's not like they were doing a general dragnet and stumbled on the body. There was a search announced, they went straight to the house, and there she was.

My first thought was that either WH finally cracked or a jailhouse snitch rolled over on him. There has been non-credible speculation that he confessed to his sister and either she turned him over or they had the conversation recorded. Even though I don't put any credibility into the source. I'd LIKE to believe that because it would paint WHS in a much more positive light, and I'd like to believe in the good in her since she is another of his victims in this tragedy.

I wouldn't transport a body in a stolen car. Seems a bit risky.

JMO

True, but he was not necessarily transporting a body at that time. It was a week after she went missing. Maybe he came back to change things/check on things/pick up something to plant somewhere else?

Don't know what the logic would be but the clothes in Chesapeake were planted . Maybe trying to draw attention away from Franklin for possible return ? but I think arrest was made next day or at least after 15 hour long questioning . Go pro story was all made up he was not living at the house how would he know ??Wes had her phone and was playing the text message game with mom .

IMO...WH had her phone and that gave him a treasure of insights into AJ's personal life to archive in his conniving mind to use yo help him cover his rear. Perhaps texts, posts, or emails, possibly even w/ BF's mom about the GoPro even???

That he might go back to the house? Maybe. If he did it, he might wonder if he actually did it. If it was a crime of impulse and drug-fueled mania, he might go back there to check to see if her really did it. I have a feeling that he may regret doing it. Here is a rather bizarre scenario that occurs to me: At first, he does not think he did it. When he realizes that yes, he really did do it, he becomes a criminal mastermind indeed. In his own grandiose mind! (Fueled by more drugs, of course! I think he really lies about the extent of his drug use.)

Now you all can laugh at me and the unicorn I rode in on! :rollercoaster:

Unfortunately, my gut says there was nothing "impulsive" about this....but you may be right.

True, but he was not necessarily transporting a body at that time. It was a week after she went missing. Maybe he came back to change things/check on things/pick up something to plant somewhere else?

Exactly. Or perhaps he left something behind that he knew might be tied directly to him.

Let's remember that 9mm ammo hidden in the air vent. He had to have known a search of his hotel room was coming down, otherwise, why hid it?

I don't see the correlation between that and raping & murdering a young woman he had raised as his own daughter for several years.

There have never been any allegations of molestation or a big falling out between AJ & WH, have there?

You can read all you want to into that 1 photo, but the only fact I know about him & AJ is that he helped to raise a well-liked, well-rounded, seemingly successful beautiful young woman. IDK the (stereo)typical profile of a sexual molestation victim, but she isn't it. She was doing great, AFAIK.

Raising my hand in the back of class again. This statement really makes my blood boil. My mother was molested by her stepfather from the age of 6 till she married my dad. She was a cheer leader, on the homecoming court, and she was involved in any extra- carricular activity she could just to get out of the house. No one knew a thing. She suffered in complete and total silence until her mother died when I was five, and she had what I think was a PTSD breakdown.

How old was he in 1998? Was he a father figure to her or just a boyfriend?

Why limit himself to AJ? Surely her sisters have reported any inappropriate behavior to one or both of their parents & authorities by now, if there was any?
He was 19 and she was 15 and he eventually got her pregnant when she was 16.

I'll refrain from even speculating about the other sisters out of respect for Zach.

Here's a great site for learning all about the demographics of Franklin. I was looking specifically for info on how many vacant homes there are, and I found that it appears there are 383 out of 3,767 residences. In these cases, LE almost always tells people to look in abandoned homes, outbuildings, sheds, etc. So personally, I am not surprised at all that AJ was found-what shocks me is that it took so long. They knew WH worked in Franklin, and therefore all the vacant buildings should be looked at. It should have taken this long if they only searched 10 buildings a day. I personally can do much more than that. I don't believe AJ was just laying there in the yard, either. LE was there for 2 hours before they found her and even Helen Keller could have found her by then.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Franklin-Virginia.html

If WH rented a van then LE would know about it already. You cannot rent one without Dr. License and credit card and LE would have been tracking his financials for that time period, imo. They got a warrant for his hotel so they probably got one for his credit cards and cell logs too, imo.

Unless someone rented it for him or he "rented" via cash from someone for an errand (not a rental company). Burner phones don't provide call logs either...I don't think. Anyone know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee