Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pp

Actually,Zach raised her since she was very young and for many more years,not WH.

Yes, I am aware of their family situation. I'm very sorry Zach & AJ did not have the opportunity to reconcile before her death. I don't know why she chose to be adopted by WH. I don't care. She was a lovely young woman.

I don't have any reason to suspect WH. Or Zach. Or anyone else in particular.

I have never been sexually molested or abused. It might be that it influences the opinions and imaginations of people who were. IDK. I think there must be some reason why you all have envisioned what you have and why I haven't.

NPD and the college expressed sympathies to the Hadsell family just yesterday. Very specifically.

JMO

I don't see the correlation between that and raping & murdering a young woman he had raised as his own daughter for several years.

There have never been any allegations of molestation or a big falling out between AJ & WH, have there?

You can read all you want to into that 1 photo, but the only fact I know about him & AJ is that he helped to raise a well-liked, well-rounded, seemingly successful beautiful young woman. IDK the (stereo)typical profile of a sexual molestation victim, but she isn't it. She was doing great, AFAIK.
I can tell you from my experience, that many young girls don't tell when an adoptive father does inappropriate things to them. I was adopted as an infant, and abused as a teen. I didn't tell because I was afraid for so many reasons. I was a straight A student, lettered in three high school sports, and even made the NHS. I left home for college at 17, and graduated with two degrees, all while supporting myself and paying for school. I finally told as an adult when my dad remarried and had a stepdaughter. There are many stories like mine. Unfortunately, no one knew my story until I told. My mom even doubted me in the beginning, and she was divorced from this man. Abuse victims can seem fine to others, and others can do not so well. I am sorry for all this TMI, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about how an abuse victim can be very successful and seem fine.

Looking still / again at SBH's case map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z5lb-Hs-z9os.k8mN8xfP-540 ,
(Ugh, "Dismal Swamp" nearby, aint that the truth), there could have been so many other places one could have put a body.

Really, was this a panicked and fairly immediately post mortem dump? It must have been. And I do think its likely, as mentioned before a few times, that he might have planned on going back and disposing of the remains more thoroughly.

I am going to say something here and this is going to sound really bad, but honestly (I didn't dare mention such a thing before now), I didn't think it was likely that AJ would EVER be found. This opinion that I kept to myself was strictly based on the challenging geographic terrain. (I did of course mention several times that I thought the area would be extremely challenging for searchers).

I firmly believe the location came from within the jail. The tip is just too specific. It's not like they were doing a general dragnet and stumbled on the body. There was a search announced, they went straight to the house, and there she was.

My first thought was that either WH finally cracked or a jailhouse snitch rolled over on him. There has been non-credible speculation that he confessed to his sister and either she turned him over or they had the conversation recorded. Even though I don't put any credibility into the source. I'd LIKE to believe that because it would paint WHS in a much more positive light, and I'd like to believe in the good in her since she is another of his victims in this tragedy.

They went out there the day before that.

JMO

I firmly believe the location came from within the jail. The tip is just too specific. It's not like they were doing a general dragnet and stumbled on the body. There was a search announced, they went straight to the house, and there she was.

My first thought was that either WH finally cracked or a jailhouse snitch rolled over on him. There has been non-credible speculation that he confessed to his sister and either she turned him over or they had the conversation recorded. Even though I don't put any credibility into the source. I'd LIKE to believe that because it would paint WHS in a much more positive light, and I'd like to believe in the good in her since she is another of his victims in this tragedy.

I would love to believe he confessed. If that were the case, there would be an arrest. I also don't see him as confessing to capital murder, even if they are unlikely to pursue the death penalty. His lawyer would have walked IMO.

It could be a lot of things in my opinion.

I think they were hip to the general area of where he was working, and with the timing, surmised the disposal site was somewhere nearby. Maybe he participated in past criminal activity at this location (drug deal, etc)...

I'm not sure what electronic footprint info they have if any, but let's say IF they didn't necessarily have anything strong ping-wise, they might have been able to think to look at prior job sites...man, it really can be a lot of things...honestly I'm so worn out from the past 2 days here I can barely post...

In summary, I think the possibilities are endless...something led them there, or at least really close, that's for sure!

Hey, this brings up a thought...someone asked way back if there is any chance WH confessed..it wouldn't take so long for them to find her if he confessed specifically (again, unless she crawled away from the shed maybe). In fact, don't they usually bring the perp out the site with them to show LE exactly where the victim(s) was placed? I've seen that done a lot---Travis Forbes...then there was another young lady recently who was murdered, I can't remember her name right now :(, but IIRC and am not dreaming this he disposed of her in a dumpster...maybe I'm imagining this but they brought him to the landfill to search??

Was just thinking....didn't WH say he was leaving his work van parked at JH's b/c he wasn't supposed to use it for personal use (GPS-equipped)? Maybe the LE got those records? I apologize if this has already been mentioned...everything is blending right this sec!

maybe, the info came from his sister? He was talking to her everyday. Changing his stories. She sure baled after they went to the house. Maybe.

I think I am allowed to disagree with you on this.

I believe both Zach & WH loved AJ and were good fathers to her. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I will believe the best of both men. Zach doesn't believe WH did anything wrong to her either, from what I have read. JMO, you don't have to choose one.

If she immediately went from a loving home into one of abuse and a lack of nurturing, I would not expect her to excel the way she did throughout her high school career and her freshman year of college.

JMO

Not to be argumentative here... I just want to emphasize that some kids are just special and wise beyond their years. My teenage son deals with abandonment issues. He has not seen his father since he was 5 years old and is raised by myself and his grandmother. I'm 49 and his grandma is 69. We have provided a stable and loving home for him although for a teenage boy, he doesn't exactly think it is cool. He wishes he had a dad and siblings. He knows he is loved and I truly believe that JH loves her girls and provided a healthy life-style for them for as long as she could. Her mistake was WH. If WH ever was any type of truly upstanding father figure to AJ it was for his own agenda. My son is so wise beyond his years and determined NOT to be the man his father is, that he is a bit OCD. He is in advanced classes, an athlete, is loved by all... and most of all stands up for his beliefs and for others. My point is that I see AJ as a person in her own right... not necessarily what someone made her into. She came home from college strong and protective with her eyes wide open. Someone played dirty. And while AJ lost her life... I believe her purpose on this earth was served! Fly with angels, sweet AJ.

What I find striking is, LE were at the house in Franklin on WEDNESDAY and never found AJ until Thursday morning when they went back. She had to be concealed in some way, for them not to have seen her.

I was thinking the same, and another poster did mentioned her possibly being buried. I kept trying to figure out why the killer would put her in this backyard knowing that sooner or later she would be found.

Then it just dawned on me. What if he had plans of coming back and burying her. But what if she was all ready buried.

I wouldn't transport a body in a stolen car. Seems a bit risky.

Hi Luvs,

Its been....well.......umm...yeah. I've been lurking not able to put into words what I have been feeling or thinking. When I read this comment, I remembered an article on Wavy 10 about a car fire in Va Bch that happened on March 17th at the intersection of Holland and Dam Neck Rds. I may be over analyzing, but I find it strange the article did not provide any details about the vehicle's make/model or its owner. There was never any follow up on this story and beginning March 23rd, LE began doing aerial searches in the area.

Again, I could be over analyzing, but fire is the method of choice for destroying certain kinds of evidence left behind in vehicles.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/17/va-beach-vehicle-fire-spreads-to-trees/

I would love to believe he confessed. If that were the case, there would be an arrest. I also don't see him as confessing to capital murder, even if they are unlikely to pursue the death penalty. His lawyer would have walked IMO.
This guy is a sociopathic moron who can't stop talking. If the cops told him hey, tell us where she is and tell us your story and if it's an accident, you'll just get manslaughter or something like that. I can see him biting on that just to get one last chance to try to lie his way out of it again. Who knows? Regardless, I think he definitely chirped to someone.

This guy is a sociopathic moron who can't stop talking. If the cops told him hey, tell us where she is and tell us your story and if it's an accident, you'll just get manslaughter or something like that. I can see him biting on that just to get one last chance to try to lie his way out of it again. Who knows? Regardless, I think he definitely chirped to someone.

Yeah I can see him signing a confession based on a deal for a reduced sentence (ha!), but I feel the media would have been all over that as soon as it happened.

Look how fast Joe Fisher broke him on the b&e question. He went from "it's questionable that I did" to "Is this going on the air" to "Yes, I broke into the house" in a matter of minutes. When he KNOWS he's nailed on something (kids rolled on him), he puts on that hang dog face. When he thinks he might not be trapped in a corner, he's arrogant as hell. We've ALL seen that.

In the article you linked, WH says the jacket a "neighbor" saw her wearing the day she went missing was found. Didn't WH meet with AJ that day? Why did he say the neighbor said she was wearing the jacket, not that he himself can confirm AJ was wearing that jacket?

"Mr. Hadsell told 10 On Your Side police have recovered pieces of his daughter’s debit card and her jacket, which a neighbor said he saw Anjelica wearing the day of her disappearance. The Norfolk Police Department has not confirmed that information"

Screenshots & article about the texts here:
http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Luckyseven wrote a fantastic analysis; IMO the texts might be a red herring. I read them as fairly innocuous, and couldn't see what the fuss was about.

Just a quick "heads-up": can we try to remember that the "fishing" picture and associated quotes are second hand information from a source considered dubious enough that it's not allowed here on WS? Pretty please ?

Not to be argumentative here... I just want to emphasize that some kids are just special and wise beyond their years. My teenage son deals with abandonment issues. He has not seen his father since he was 5 years old and is raised by myself and his grandmother. I'm 49 and his grandma is 69. We have provided a stable and loving home for him although for a teenage boy, he doesn't exactly think it is cool. He wishes he had a dad and siblings. He knows he is loved and I truly believe that JH loves her girls and provided a healthy life-style for them for as long as she could. Her mistake was WH. If WH ever was any type of truly upstanding father figure to AJ it was for his own agenda. My son is so wise beyond his years and determined NOT to be the man his father is, that he is a bit OCD. He is in advanced classes, an athlete, is loved by all... and most of all stands up for his beliefs and for others. My point is that I see AJ as a person in her own right... not necessarily what someone made her into. She came home from college strong and protective with her eyes wide open. Someone played dirty. And while AJ lost her life... I believe her purpose on this earth was served! Fly with angels, sweet AJ.

I'm very sorry about your son. The rest is just your own personal opinions & speculation, IMO.

I will not accuse anyone of sexual abuse or of murdering their own child based on others' feelings and not on evidence or facts. I just can't and won't do it. I think it is morally reprehensible to do that to anyone, much less the parent of a missing or murdered child.

I try to respect your opinions. Please do likewise.

JMO

I haven't posted in a while and have spent a couple of days catching up. I am so so saddened by the recent turn of events. I was really holding out hope that AJ had decided to get away from the drama and whatever else was going on. I am not surprised however by what has happened and I assumed this would be our reality. To AJ's family and friends, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. To Zach, thank God AJ had you in her life. You are a hero in my eyes and you did what you needed to do to help find AJ. I hope you may find peace in your life in the future.

I have to say that I think this is much simpler than it appears and that WH has done a wonderful job of confusing, baffling, obstructing and denying all in an attempt to save his sorry *advertiser censored*. I view him as a narcissistic sociopath. It's all about him. Me, Me, Me. It was never about AJ.

I can go two ways regarding theories. The first is pure revenge against AJ's mother and the second, more plausible, is the theory that it was sexually motivated with a touch of jealousy regarding her boyfriend. I think she rebuked him, and fought him. He did what he did and then dumped her. I believe we will find out that there is a distant link to the property where AJ was found and he just dumped her there. He then spent the next 4 -5 weeks covering his tracks, deflecting, denying and trying to set someone else up to take the fall. I think he went back to check on the body, no more no less. Maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't leave anything, maybe he did take clothes...maybe, maybe. He went back because he had to. He couldn't leave it alone. He needed to control everything. He had to make sure she was still there.

I think AJ was dead before she was reported missing. Of this I am quite certain. I don't believe she was kept alive or moved. She was killed and dumped and killer went back to the body at some point. A lot of killers go back to visit. It is not unusual.

I also believe that LE has WH in their sights. His sister is singing and when your family turns on you the GAME IS OVER.

Time will tell. I only hope that justice is served for a beautiful life lost. WH is not going to roll over. It's not in his constitution.

MOO

I haven't posted in a while and have spent a couple of days catching up. I am so so saddened by the recent turn of events. I was really holding out hope that AJ had decided to get away from the drama and whatever else was going on. I am not surprised however by what has happened and I assumed this would be our reality. To AJ's family and friends, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. To Zach, thank God AJ had you in her life. You are a hero in my eyes and you did what you needed to do to help find AJ. I hope you may find peace in your life in the future.

I have to say that I think this is much simpler than it appears and that WH has done a wonderful job of confusing, baffling, obstructing and denying all in an attempt to save his sorry *advertiser censored*. I view him as a narcissistic sociopath. It's all about him. Me, Me, Me. It was never about AJ.

I can go two ways regarding theories. The first is pure revenge against AJ's mother and the second, more plausible, is the theory that it was sexually motivated with a touch of jealousy regarding her boyfriend. I think she rebuked him, and fought him. He did what he did and then dumped her. I believe we will find out that there is a distant link to the property where AJ was found and he just dumped her there. He then spent the next 4 -5 weeks covering his tracks, deflecting, denying and trying to set someone else up to take the fall. I think he went back to check on the body, no more no less. Maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't leave anything, maybe he did take clothes...maybe, maybe. He went back because he had to. He couldn't leave it alone. He needed to control everything. He had to make sure she was still there.

I think AJ was dead before she was reported missing. Of this I am quite certain. I don't believe she was kept alive or moved. She was killed and dumped and killer went back to the body at some point. A lot of killers go back to visit. It is not unusual.

I also believe that LE has WH in their sights. His sister is singing and when your family turns on you the GAME IS OVER.

Time will tell. I only hope that justice is served for a beautiful life lost. WH is not going to roll over. It's not in his constitution.

MOO

I can't find one single thing in your post that I disagree with, Teal.

Yeah I can see him signing a confession based on a deal for a reduced sentence (ha!), but I feel the media would have been all over that as soon as it happened.
The media would only be all over it if NPD released the info, and they have been tight with info in this case. Nobody has talked to WH publicly since the body was found.

Look how fast Joe Fisher broke him on the b&e question. He went from "it's questionable that I did" to "Is this going on the air" to "Yes, I broke into the house" in a matter of minutes. When he KNOWS he's nailed on something (kids rolled on him), he puts on that hang dog face. When he thinks he might not be trapped in a corner, he's arrogant as hell. We've ALL seen that.

So surely he confessed to this crime the 1st week if he had done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21