VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the article you linked, WH says the jacket a "neighbor" saw her wearing the day she went missing was found. Didn't WH meet with AJ that day? Why did he say the neighbor said she was wearing the jacket, not that he himself can confirm AJ was wearing that jacket?

"Mr. Hadsell told 10 On Your Side police have recovered pieces of his daughter’s debit card and her jacket, which a neighbor said he saw Anjelica wearing the day of her disappearance. The Norfolk Police Department has not confirmed that information"

One of so many holes in his swiss-cheese caper.:couch:

I do too.

I'm 50/50 on that. I know that WH has had an issue with this kid since he and AJ were an item in 2011 (when they were 14). Kid was obviously smitten with her. Puppy love, imo. But it's possible that this was a first intimate encounter for both of them (I'm clearly speculating here!) and when WH found out, he flipped. I think he's hated this kid ever since.

So....MAYBE Texty, being young, sent AJ a few inappropriate texts, and WH seized on that. Break into this kids house, set him up with the jacket find, let the kid he hates take the fall.

JMO, MOO, and all that jazz.

ETA: Yes, I know that my tenses do not agree in the above post. I just have no desire to fix it. ;)

Looking still / again at SBH's case map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z5lb-Hs-z9os.k8mN8xfP-540 ,
(Ugh, "Dismal Swamp" nearby, aint that the truth), there could have been so many other places one could have put a body.)

Really, was this a panicked and fairly immediately post mortem dump? It must have been. And I do think its likely, as mentioned before a few times, that he might have planned on going back and disposing of the remains more thoroughly

I am going to say something here and this is going to sound really bad, but honestly (I didn't dare mention such a thing), I didn't think it was likely that AJ would EVER be found. This opinion that I kept to myself was strictly based on the challenging geographic terrain. (I did of course mention several times that I thought the geographical terrain would be extremely challenging for searchers).

I keep ending up back here too. An abandoned house along U.S. highway 258 as opposed to numerous backwoods areas or bodies of water. The back of the house as opposed to inside. Knowing AJ would eventually be found. It all seems hasty. Perhaps the vehicle wasn't 4-wheel drive so the perp couldn't go to some areas or perhaps he couldn't leave telltale mud on it. Still, there were less risky places.

I don't see the correlation between that and raping & murdering a young woman he had raised as his own daughter for several years.

There have never been any allegations of molestation or a big falling out between AJ & WH, have there?

You can read all you want to into that 1 photo, but the only fact I know about him & AJ is that he helped to raise a well-liked, well-rounded, seemingly successful beautiful young woman. IDK the (stereo)typical profile of a sexual molestation victim, but she isn't it. She was doing great, AFAIK.

He is a career criminal, what we called back in the 70s, a second story man. AJ was through puberty when he got out of prison & moved in with AJ's mom with in 4 months. It is nice to not think negatively of people without proof, but I do not think it is smart to ignore red flags, especially when kids are involvef

So surely he confessed to this crime the 1st week if he had done it?

I do not necessarily share your perspectives, but I appreciate your relentless questioning of our beliefs. It is an important exercise to defend our theories - it keeps us sharp and will hopefully help us realize something we may have overlooked or not understood.

I'm 50/50 on that. I know that WH has had an issue with this kid since he and AJ were an item in 2011 (when they were 14). Kid was obviously smitten with her. Puppy love, imo. But it's possible that this was a first intimate encounter for both of them (I'm clearly speculating here!) and when WH found out, he flipped. I think he's hated this kid ever since.

So....MAYBE Texty, being young, sent AJ a few inappropriate texts, and WH seized on that. Break into this kids house, set him up with the jacket find, let the kid he hates take the fall.

IMO, that is classic father figure as child molester behavior.

How old was he in 1998? Was he a father figure to her or just a boyfriend?

Why limit himself to AJ? Surely her sisters have reported any inappropriate behavior to one or both of their parents & authorities by now, if there was any?

As to the correlation, I think the pattern of behavior is what's important. Not how old he was when he did this or that. But it is important to point out he began his criminal career in his teens, continued it into his 20s and clearly has not changed his ways in his 30's since he's currently sitting in the pokey counting on the generosity of folks to keep his snack bags of FunYuns coming...

As to your other question: it's very common. Now we're all just speculating here & tossing around possibilities in THIS case but it is in fact quite common for 1 kid in a family to be singled out for abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, I'm reminded of the Jessica Padgett case and what her step-father did to her. He also came into the picture at just about the same age as AJ.

Exactly. Or perhaps he left something behind that he knew might be tied directly to him.

Let's remember that 9mm ammo hidden in the air vent. He had to have known a search of his hotel room was coming down, otherwise, why hid it?

I think the witness said he saw the van 3 or 4 weeks ago. From Wednesday , give or take a couple days that would have been right around March 3rd. On another note if he was sending fake text messages "I'm not ready to come home yet" (that could have been the Franklin ping) Then he would not have left the phone on the body. Also, if the phone died or was shut off it not "ping". Has anyone looked this up ? I don't think a phone would ping after sitting outside or buried for several weeks in the cold weather. The battery would die fairly quick.

If the phone was on, and moving in a vehicle it could send out roaming pings. I'll have to look this up when I get to work. But I do think pings may have been gathered in the franklin area. But what dates? That's the question.

I'm sorry you feel I am too young, naive or inexperienced to see things the way IMO the vast majority of jurors are expected to when charged to adjudicate a case, that is, basing my opinions on evidence (vs the opinion of someone I don't know on the internet?)

JMO

We are not in the trial phase right now. We are in the investigative phase.

I think the witness said he saw the van 3 or 4 weeks ago. From Wednesday , give or take a couple days that would have been right around March 3rd. On another note if he was sending fake text messages "I'm not ready to come home yet" (that could have been the Franklin ping) Then he would not have left the phone on the body. Also, if the phone died or was shut off it not "ping". Has anyone looked this ? I don't think a phone would ping after sitting outside or buried for several weeks in the cold weather. The battery would die fairly quick.

If the phone was on, and moving in a vehicle it could send out roaming pings. I'll have to look this up when I get to work. But I do think pings may have been gathered in the franklin area. But what dates? That's the question.

Which van? The white Quality Plumbing van seen at the pond search area, or the dark Dodge Caravan seen at the Franklin location?

The Franklin neighbor said on April 9 (Thursday interview) that he saw the Dodge Caravan 3-4 weeks ago. 4 weeks would make it around March 9, yes? Or am I missing something?

So surely he confessed to this crime the 1st week if he had done it?

No, he tried to get someone else arrested for it first, that backfired. Then he tried planting a few other things, that didn't work, either. I guess the Flickr photo didn't bother you, either?

What are the effects of withdrawal from cocaine? Would that make WH more likely to be truthful?

Hey all - just getting up in gear for the day. I'm going to head to a cafe and read this thread to catch up. I think if I stay in this house I'm going to mope around miserably all day. I'll catch up with y'all soon. In the meantime, I have a favor - can someone who has been following along on Facebook pm me? I don't have a Facebook and tend to shy away from it, but I have some questions about the BringAJHome page. Thanks.

He is a career criminal, what we called back in the 70s, a second story man. AJ was through puberty when he got out of prison & moved in with AJ's mom with in 4 months. It is nice to not think negatively of people without proof, but I do not think it is smart to ignore red flags, especially when kids are involvef

I don't think there is anything to support your red flag warnings, but that is JMO.

Here's a great site for learning all about the demographics of Franklin. I was looking specifically for info on how many vacant homes there are, and I found that it appears there are 383 out of 3,767 residences. In these cases, LE almost always tells people to look in abandoned homes, outbuildings, sheds, etc. So personally, I am not surprised at all that AJ was found-what shocks me is that it took so long. They knew WH worked in Franklin, and therefore all the vacant buildings should be looked at. It should have taken this long if they only searched 10 buildings a day. I personally can do much more than that. I don't believe AJ was just laying there in the yard, either. LE was there for 2 hours before they found her and even Helen Keller could have found her by then.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Franklin-Virginia.html

According to the neighbors they were there the day before. I'm not sure how reliable that is but either way, I think she had to have been concealed in some way but still in the tall grass. Maybe with brush piled on top of her, or a wheelbarrow overturned? I don't know, but something was covering her or they would have seen her right away.

moo.

Was just thinking....didn't WH say he was leaving his work van parked at JH's b/c he wasn't supposed to use it for personal use (GPS-equipped)? Maybe the LE got those records? I apologize if this has already been mentioned...everything is blending right this sec!

AFAIK, WH never mentioned his work van in any context. The information that it was (habitually?) parked at the house came from our VI, Zach.

It has been speculated here that he might not have been allowed to use it for personal use. GPS records are also speculation.

HTH.

ETA: Yes, I know that my tenses do not agree in the above post. I just have no desire to fix it. ;)

Very good insight Kat... as always... ah, young puppy love... I do hope AJ experienced that

I think the witness said he saw the van 3 or 4 weeks ago. From Wednesday , give or take a couple days that would have been right around March 3rd. On another note if he was sending fake text messages "I'm not ready to come home yet" (that could have been the Franklin ping) Then he would not have left the phone on the body. Also, if the phone died or was shut off it not "ping". Has anyone looked this up ? I don't think a phone would ping after sitting outside or buried for several weeks in the cold weather. The battery would die fairly quick.

JMO, the day she was last seen as indicated by official statements or documents. (LOL, when I 1st looked at this thread that's what you all were trying to figure out to put on Zach's fliers.)

I agree with you. I also think he used her cell phone to make those texts her mom received early in the morning. I think he is grandiose, and a narcissist, but not that intelligent. He possibly texted from the pond area in IOW county. That house around the pond is a nice farmhouse, pond visible from the road, phone may have been tossed that way towards the pond. Yes we did have snow that weekend following into that Monday on the ground. Mainly essential people were out on the roads so they were not busy. As you said he did plant evidence and set up props trying to deflect the police in their investigation. I believe the police knew this. The other house where AJ was found is visible from the road. It is a rural area. The house is not lived in and has been unkempt, so it is easy to see from the road that it is abandoned, which was why WH chose it. Someone coming to that house at night would attract attention. I too think the original texts of being afraid were about him. There is more to the family dynamics, he was mentally and possibly physically abusive to JH. He did not leave that house amicably. I wonder if police were called out to house previously for domestic issues. I am so sorry For the loss of AJ and what this is doing to her family.

I firmly believe the location came from within the jail. The tip is just too specific. It's not like they were doing a general dragnet and stumbled on the body. There was a search announced, they went straight to the house, and there she was.

My first thought was that either WH finally cracked or a jailhouse snitch rolled over on him. There has been non-credible speculation that he confessed to his sister and either she turned him over or they had the conversation recorded. Even though I don't put any credibility into the source. I'd LIKE to believe that because it would paint WHS in a much more positive light, and I'd like to believe in the good in her since she is another of his victims in this tragedy.

They new he had been working in the Franklin area. They could have spied the house with an areole search and started knocking on doors in the area; bumping in to the guy that so the van. Also, flying over this vacant house with a helicopter , they would have see the tire tracks in the grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand