VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant speak for everyone but not all blended families have such a stilted long arm relationship. I know that from personal experience.

When I remarried...... my children never have called my hubby by his first name. They call him 'daddy' and their bio father they call 'dad' And his two girls have never called me by my given name. Instead they call me 'bonus momma' and have for 31 years. My hubby's two girls both picked that name for me on the day we got married. They have never referred to their step siblings as 'steps' either. They simply say to everyone 'this is my brother or these are my sisters.'

Nor have we ever referred to any of our children as our step children. We do not put labels on any of our children and never have. They are our children, period. And I know without a doubt that I am much closer to some of our grandchildren than their bio grandmothers and so is my husband. Its our home they want to come to more and we are the ones who are always there to support them all in whatever they participate in. Most of the birthday parties are held at our home for our five children, 10 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren.

We never went into our marriage with an attitude that 'these are mine' and 'these are yours.' Our children haven't known anything but inclusiveness starting even before we married. So not all marriages are the same nor the relationships between the children. We, became a family unit and we all are very bonded to each other and it only grows stronger as each year passes.

I cant say what the relationship was like for AJ but it is very possible she was very happy with her blended family including WH. I do know other families where the children are closer to the step-dad/mom or adopted dad or mom than they are with their own bio parents. I think it all depends if the child or children feel included rather than labeled and pushed aside.

So if AJ did love WH it makes it even more tragic and an utter betrayal if it turns out he is the one who harmed her. Which I am not saying he did for I really don't know what all evidence LE has in this case at this time.

IMO

I agree 100% that some step/blended families come together and just work out awesomely. No question about that. I suppose a lot of us here could share personal stories of beautifully blended families.

In AJ's case though, I don't get that vibe AT ALL. Mostly from what Zach himself has shared both here and on his blog over the years (but also from things others have said that know the family) I believe there was a lot of tension & bitterness going on with the adults and when that's going on it just filters down and sets the tone for the home. Not to mention WH's drug use (and who knows whatever else he was into), the recent separation of JH and WH and several other things I've seen from family members on SM. I don't think leaving WH's sister out of AJ's obit was an accident (after she publicly stated she doubted his innocence) and I think this is just yet another example of how things work in this family.

The sad thing is, even when a family home is full of tension and stress like that (blended family or not), the KIDS in the family are so used to it, it's still "home" to them. From AJ's twitter account she was actually looking forward to going home and getting a break from school. :(

Haven't been on here in a while and just saw the obit. I feel like she is 'standing by her man'. I am perplexed.

Just playing devils advocate a bit here so do not throw rocks :truce:

Wouldn't it be expected for a drug addict and dealer to have stories that don't quite add up? I mean, he can't very well say, oh yeah I was selling a gram of the white stuff to so and so on my lunch break. That would make his timeline and everything from it seem hinky. Also, if you have ever listened to an addict, a lot of word choices and what not can seem very strange.

With that said, I feel confident he is responsible but, in the off chance he isn't, who could it be?

Also, doesn't he know drug dealer rule #1....don't get high on your own supply? With his dealings he may be safer in jail with the attention he has brought to his non legal work.

The scales found with coke residue imply dealer but if he was selling I suspect he was small time and maybe just selling to friends, etc. Or, by his own admission his coke use had recently increased so maybe he did move up a notch? Who knows. Either way, yes, you do expect a drug user/dealer to lie, and lie often about where they were, who they were with, where the money went, etc. They kind of have to unless they're hoping to get busted like those geniuses that actually dial 911 to report their stash has been stolen. That must really make a dispatch operator's day... "excuse me sir, you want to report what?!"

I not sure, but its possible that the link you looked at there was an adv pic that didn't carry over. But here is the obituary from the Funeral Home, nothing sneaky looking to me, JMO

shortened by me for brevity

It was already determined that this was due to paragraph justification, but thank you.

And welcome to the thread!

This is very strange! When my sister passed we ONLY put the immediate family in order of age down to my grandchildren.

In the small town South, we even list your pets and people that were "like" siblings. I recall my m-in-law in Atlanta had to fight to get all the grandchildren's names in her husband's obit in the AJC.

Clearly the writer of the obit has not been given time/date of death. So, it's not been determined as of yet, or simply not shared. It states 4/9... Isn't that the day they found her body?

An obituary asking for a gift to be deposited in a bank account. Never seen it before. It says more to me about JH than all the words on these multiple threads. Sorry if I offend. Just unbelievable.

I know people are going to say,"Oh, the money is going to charity & funeral expenses." They have about $7000 on GF*. Most obits I've ever read list a few charities special to the deceased or ask you to donate to the charity of your choice. Wells Fargo is the new charity of choice???

There is no excuse for that obit. Just like there is no excuse that a happy, healthy, thriving 18 year old should have an obit. IMO
I agree, Mom, I read that obituary and was totally disgusted. It seems to talk about everyone else in the world but Anjelica. Oh, and make sure we add the part about where funds can go. Sorry, snarky this morning and really and completely and thoroughly ANGRY for SO many reasons :tantrum:

Clearly the writer of the obit has not been given time/date of death. So, it's not been determined as of yet, or simply not shared. It states 4/9... Isn't that the day they found her body?

They usually put the day they find the body!

That's it for me this morning. Migraine is forcing me back to bed. I'll check in later.

Mountain_Kat...I hope you get over your migraine quickly! I haven't had a migraine in about 10 years and this *crap* (I wanted to say so much more and worse, but you know, TOS) is giving me one fast.

Not to be bitter, but I am not liking the memorial fund to a bank account plugged at the end of it.

Most people put the name of a charity or cause to send money to in lieu of flowers. Not an ambiguous bank account.

Okay, I am stopping now, but I am really riled up now. They could have even suggested any of the agencies that search for and help missing and exploited children.

Okay, I am stopping for real now. It just really hit me. Trying not to continue ranting now.

Purposefully didn't read the obituary until this morning, but the inclusion of WH and the anonymous bank account made me absolutely sick. I think the exclusion of WH-S and the inclusion of WH shows where JH's loyally lies. Even if someone else wrote the obituary, they would've asked who to include and who to leave out.

Sickening.

I get on here every morning (sometimes in the middle of the night lol) just hoping for the big ***arrest*** added to AJ's thread. I know it's likely too early, but one can wish.

Yesterday, while sitting on my porch having a cup of coffee, I decided to do some free flow writing regarding what we have heard and what we know to be true in terms of this case. I wrote for quite some time, and then was interrupted by a phone call. When I went back to re-read what I wrote, several things jumped out at him, that I hadn't paid any conscious mind to previously.

I had written on several things that were money related ( the debit/checking card, the $200 , the local who told us WH still had his side business and would actually go door to door to find extra work, WH's cocaine addiction, WH's other addiction, several of the accounts that were set up, and a few other things that I know, but can't discuss here). Money came up much more predominately than any other subject.

The second most written about thing was family dynamics (JH's past history with child support, WH and JH's recent split, JH's splits from RL and Zach, and again, several things that can't be discussed here on forum).

The 3rd thing I wrote the most about was sexual red flags, obsession and control issues.

What shocked me was that I had written/commented more about money that anything else. My gut has always told me that WH had an inappropriate relationship with AJ, or was obsessed with her sexually, and that this is why this beautiful young woman in no longer with us. But if I step away from my gut feeling...what I'm really seeing is more money and family dynamics at play here.

I'm not committed to any particular motive at this point, but that little freeflow writing excercise really forced me to take a step back from gut feeling, and reconsider other motives.

I encourage other WSers to give it a try.

This is pretty much where I've been for a while now, except my gut does not say WH sexually abused AJ. That doesn't mean he didn't think it, and it doesn't mean my gut is right about anything. But to me it's always been about money and possessions. AJ was one of those possessions.

WARNING: What I'm about to say may seem harsh, but it's my own opinion and observations, and in no way is intended to be judgmental of AJ's mom. I do not believe that she ever did anything intentionally to put her daughter in jeopardy. So here goes…
To me it seems like JH used AJ like some sort of emotional collateral in her relationships. When she wanted to be with a certain man, she wanted that man to love AJ and make her the center of his world. When she no longer wanted to be with that man, or that man didn't want to be with her, JH wanted him completely cut off from AJ. That was the "scorned man's" ultimate punishment in the end, and the "next man" was presented the awesome opportunity to love AJ and be her dad (NOTHING sexual). We are told this happened with bio dad, with Zach, and I think it happened with Wes. Sadly, I think this was emotional immaturity in the extreme on JH's part, and I think it was a ploy that had worked for her in the past. Zach has been very open about how he committed 100% emotionally to AJ and JH, and when JH decided it was over and convinced AJ to shut him out, too, it shattered Zach. I think that in the beginning of his relationship with JH, AJ was their glue, too. I also see indications in both relationships with bio dad and Zach that money and "what the man could provide" were make-or-break relationship criteria for JH, and if you didn't provide as JH expected, you were cut off from her and AJ. Similarly, when Wes began jeopardizing the family's financial and emotional stability and safety, JH realized she had to take action and get WH out of the home (and rightly so). Only this time she wasn't cutting AJ off from men like bio dad and Zach…she was taking AJ (and AJ's baby sister) away from a psychopath. To me it's important to remember that while WH was apparently good to Zach's daughters, they were still emotionally and legally Zach's daughters. But JH, AJ, and the baby were emotionally and legally WH's. If AJ rejected WH along with JH, then 2 out of 3 of HIS girls (JH, AJ) were against him. I don't think he had the maturity or the self-control to handle that "like a man" (to use his ridiculous words). If WH hurt AJ, I think it was because she stood up to him and made it known that she would not be "his" any longer.

At this point, I really wish this would turn out to be a crime committed by an unknown or unrelated perpetrator because the repercussions for the family and close friends will be so much worse if WH is proven guilty. A "guilty" verdict for WH in this crime will be nothing compared to the life-long self-imposed guilt her loved ones will feel for having accepted and trusted WH. Guys like WH never feel guilty about anything, just victimized. It is the actual victims who will feel weighed down by misplaced guilt if WH did this. And that breaks my heart.

Just playing devils advocate a bit here so do not throw rocks :truce:

Wouldn't it be expected for a drug addict and dealer to have stories that don't quite add up? I mean, he can't very well say, oh yeah I was selling a gram of the white stuff to so and so on my lunch break. That would make his timeline and everything from it seem hinky. Also, if you have ever listened to an addict, a lot of word choices and what not can seem very strange.

With that said, I feel confident he is responsible but, in the off chance he isn't, who could it be?

Also, doesn't he know drug dealer rule #1....don't get high on your own supply? With his dealings he may be safer in jail with the attention he has brought to his non legal work.

He admitted to increased cocaine usage so the only way to be 100% sure is to know his regular pattern of speaking. IMO he has lied repeatedly and leaked guilt. It is easily analyzed and being a coke head does not exclude him from the common mistakes made in lying.
http://wavy.com/2015/03/27/missing-teens-father-to-stay-in-jail/

Is it normal for the obit of a missing person found deceased to include the date they were found (and not likely the day they died)? I thought it was weird that it listed the 9th of April as the day AJ went to be w/ the lord. The whole obit was weird ... very, very, weird.

Is it normal for the obit of a missing person found deceased to include the date they were found (and not likely the day they died)? I thought it was weird that it listed the 9th of April as the day AJ went to be w/ the lord. The whole obit was weird ... very, very, weird.

They usually put the day they find the body!

IMO the obituary was a bit soon. It shouldn't have been written until the ME report comes back.

I understand that everyone is upset about WH being named in the obituary. But can you imagine the implications if he had not been mentioned at all? I think JH has to be VERY careful about weighing in on WH's guilt or innocence until WH is officially named a POI. And while I appreciate WHS's honesty about how she feels, I don't think LE or the family appreciated that public declaration. If WH is guilty, LE doesn't want anything written or said that WH could potentially use to claim unfair prosecution.

It is a dynamic we can see even BEFORE Anjelica went missing. RL being told to "come get your kid or you will never see her again", the dissolution of Zach and JH's marriage, Zach and AJ's relationship AFTER the marriage was dissolved., etc. etc.
Absolutely! There is definitely a pattern in all of this.

Without saying what I can't say, I can say yes, yes and yes. There's a heck of a lot more going on here and I hope the investigation into AJ's death uncovers all of it.
Oh how the saying what we cannot say is front & center in my theories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla