Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect must:
1. have familiarity with and not stick out in AJ's neighborhood.
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC (hwy 258 to Murfreesboro or farther West?)

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
2. have access to blue/black van possibly with freedom of movement without arousing suspicion. (or know family will not come forward?)
3. know AJ was home that week.
4. own or have access to a white car.
5. have participated in searches.
6. be friend, family, or neighbor

Mom2nine: I think your detective work is adorable! DONT STOP!

If she had her phone unlocked when someone else got ahold of it, they could just take off the password settings, I would think.

Just think I should add, it's all but obvious who the main suspect is here, and I am definitely not trying to play the gracious devils advocate card. I just wanted to throw a couple of thoughts I had in to get your valuable input. My brain always seems to be slightly behind you guys! Ironic seeing I am generally 8-12 hours ahead over here across the pond! :okay::wave:

Oh god I didn't even think about thumbprint unlock, which my 5s has. Don't really want to go any further with that thought at the moment though...

Just think I should add, it's all but obvious who the main suspect is here, and I am definitely not trying to play the gracious devils advocate card. I just wanted to throw a couple of thoughts I had in to get your valuable input. My brain always seems to be slightly behind you guys! Ironic seeing I am generally 8-12 hours ahead over here across the pond! :okay::wave:

The problem with being satisfied with WH as a main suspect, is that I believe he may have had help. If so, whoever helped would probably also fit very snugly into our profile list. If so, the other daughters may still be in danger. Continued silence on the part of LE towards WH status has me very uncomfortable.

For my own clarity, how do the location of the cell phone search and location of the body indicate someone who knew the family?

Also, the pattern of her being away at school went on longer than her "pattern" of being home for spring break (2 days). Keep in mind, I'm not saying a stranger did do it, but they certainly could have. I thought the list was criteria for anyone who could have committed the crime. I'm just saying a stranger could have. I've seen it happen before. I personally don't believe that's the case here, but if we're challenging ourselves with new suspects and scenarios…I can't rule out "stranger." Heck, I'm struggling to imagine theories that don't involve WH! lol But I'm trying…

MOO :)

The cell phone search indicated they were looking at WH, IMO when LE asked neighbors if they had seen the work van in the area.

Oh god I didn't even think about thumbprint unlock, which my 5s has. Don't really want to go any further with that thought at the moment though...

Oh no :( I shouldn't have even brought that up. I will say it's super sensitive. My thumb can't be wet, sticky, anything like that. Not that it helps.

Does anyone know when the story of WH meeting AJ at the gas station around noon first came up? Before the jail interview, right? since the reporter asked for timeline clarification?

I know my 19yr old has a lock on her phone. Since she has her own plan, I've no clue what the code is! Kids want their independence, but scares the heck out of me....

I just got a 'fancy schamancy phone' that might be called smart, but confuses me! Mine is a htc Desire 816, and I have no idea how to lock it! ***Technology impaired!!*** Darn phone didn't even come with an instruction book! :P

Just so you all know I admire you guys who are looking at/ for other suspects and I read you're posts with interest. It's just not something I can do right now but it is important and right to have people here who can keep an open mind.

Just thinking out loud and this thought has come to me several times and I've pushed away but one never knows.

Have we ever considered that AJ came home because she was asked to? Could it be possible that WH lured her home to help him convince JH to take him back and if she refused to help things went sideways?

Maybe she came home out of a sense of duty and concern. WH was out of the house, mom is now separated, young sisters and mom need comfort and assurances. Maybe she came home to be a rock and make sure everybody was OK.

All the pictures of AJ and her sisters lead me to believe she deeply cared for them and would want to make sure they were OK. Clearly things were not OK at home and her sense of duty sent her home and then the wheels fell off.

If I've missed this discussion I apologize. There has been so much to read and the threads move soooo fast.
'

I have an iPhone as do most of my friends and family, I would say we all have a lock code on, it's a pretty standard thing you do as the natural set up of the phone. Not sure what type of phone she had. I'm in my early 30s and have a lock code mainly for security if it was lost or stolen. But you can bet your life if I was still 18 and either had a room mate or still went home to my parents and nosey siblings, I'd have that lock on my phone.

Maybe AJ was unusual and didn't use passcode security. But if she did, and didn't send those texts, how were they sent and how did they get the passcode.

It's things like this that keeps me awake recently, can't switch off. Just wish I could come up with some useful ideas.

I have iPhone 6 with touch screen passcode. All you would need is to put my thumb or anyone of my fingers on my phone to unlock it and then you could add your own fingerprint to unlock. Sure would be great if the killer did that and LE has the phone.

I feel they haven't arrested anyone yet because they have their person in jail. Thus no need to speed up an arrest, or charges. Longer for them to build the case for conviction, and make sure they've dotted all i's and crossed all t's. If someone is arrested, I'm going to be shocked. Besides WH is a blabber mouth, remember how the told everyone in the house that he broke into that person's house??? And then those boys told the truth instead of lying to cover for him??? Well, if he had told anyone what he has done, I don't see that person keeping quiet. Though if a relative, maybe, until heat is applied, but so far, I see a few odd things, but nothing blaring red wavy signs. I do believe WH was alone in this. Stranger things have happened..

I have an iPhone as do most of my friends and family, I would say we all have a lock code on, it's a pretty standard thing you do as the natural set up of the phone. Not sure what type of phone she had. I'm in my early 30s and have a lock code mainly for security if it was lost or stolen. But you can bet your life if I was still 18 and either had a room mate or still went home to my parents and nosey siblings, I'd have that lock on my phone.

Maybe AJ was unusual and didn't use passcode security. But if she did, and didn't send those texts, how were they sent and how did they get the passcode.

It's things like this that keeps me awake recently, can't switch off. Just wish I could come up with some useful ideas.
I'm 52, not 18, but I hated the pass code on my phone, so I disabled it. I am very protective over my phone and rarely is it not with me. We just have no way of knowing what she did with hers.

Now my son has a pattern that he swipes on his galaxy phone that my 2 year old grandson picked up right away. I don't know if iPhone's have this option. An observant person could pick it up without the owner noticing.

Just so you all know I admire you guys who are looking at/ for other suspects and I read you're posts with interest. It's just not something I can do right now but it is important and right to have people here who can keep an open mind.

I agree. IMO he is my "1 suspect. I think LE is doing all the appropriate tests and he will be charged for her death. His changing stories and being so self centered reminds me of Jodi Arias.

I know my 19yr old has a lock on her phone. Since she has her own plan, I've no clue what the code is! Kids want their independence, but scares the heck out of me....

I just got a 'fancy schamancy phone' that might be called smart, but confuses me! Mine is a htc Desire 816, and I have no idea how to lock it! ***Technology impaired!!*** Darn phone didn't even come with an instruction book! :P

I didnt think mine had an instruction book either. But when I decided to charge it through my computer one day, and plugged it in, I-Tunes popped up and said it had a instruction booklet that I could click on. :wink:

BBM

I zeroed in on this as well. If it was actually AJ who sent that text, then she obviously didn't want to reveal which "friend" she was with. Think about that long and hard for a second. If it was sent by someone else from AJ's phone, then that person really couldn't name the "friend", could they? Because it would have been VERY easy to contact that person and inquire as to AJ's whereabouts.

My opinion only:

The text came from whoever took her away and had her phone.

1. They answered her sister's incoming text for no other reason than to buy time to get rid of her and her phone
2. The very act of answering that text tells me whoever it was does know her and the family. A stranger wouldn't feel the urgency to buy time since there's no connection between the two of them anyway.
3. They just said "friends" to cast a wide net of speculation without naming anyone.

If you think about it, not a single one of her friends has ever said they were with her on that Monday. NOT ONE OF THEM. They all took to social media early evening Tuesday (several hours before the missing persons report was ever filed with LE) to start trying to raise awareness that she was missing. Not one of them said anything like "omg we were just hanging out yesterday!" or "she stayed over on Monday now she's gone!". They said all sorts of other things, LOTS of other things about times they've hung out, what they were doing, what they were eating and places they go together, etc., but never once was there any mention of her being with any of them on that Monday.

To me, that points the suspect finger right back in the same place as it's been all along.

I feel they haven't arrested anyone yet because they have their person in jail. Thus no need to speed up an arrest, or charges. Longer for them to build the case for conviction, and make sure they've dotted all i's and crossed all t's. If someone is arrested, I'm going to be shocked. Besides WH is a blabber mouth, remember how the told everyone in the house that he broke into that person's house??? And then those boys told the truth instead of lying to cover for him??? Well, if he had told anyone what he has done, I don't see that person keeping quiet. Though if a relative, maybe, until heat is applied, but so far, I see a few odd things, but nothing blaring red wavy signs. I do believe WH was alone in this. Stranger things have happened..

BBM. I tend to agree with you completely.. otherwise I would hope LE would say something to put the local folks at ease a little bit. I know and understand that they don't have to say anything but if LE really thought this was a stranger I'd expect them to be more vocal. Moo

He is my top suspect, like I said, but then if he didn't act alone - it helps to also clear your mind of the focus on him to try and figure out any other possibly involved parties. I am also beginning to strongly believe he had an accomplice, at least to the coverup. Someone tied to him who fits the profile mom2six posted is going to be the most likely, whether as an accomplice or someone acting alone, if we're all wrong about WH.

Does anyone know when the story of WH meeting AJ at the gas station around noon first came up? Before the jail interview, right? since the reporter asked for timeline clarification?

The first time it came to my attention was when the admins of the BRINGAJHOME FB posted about it. I think that post eventually was deleted during a spring cleaning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB