VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTKR - I saw it too, the biological father lives out of state and received a facebook message from AJ's mother asking if he had heard from AJ. He regrets he didn't get to know his daughter and that his relationship unraveled after AJ was born.
I cannot wait to see the link to this. His side of the story is what Brenchen was trying to let people know about.

The info in the first crucial days blasted on all media said last seen at 7:00am, I would think immediately the family would contact media to correct that crucial timeline. Make sense? Or do you think it's likely the friends/family didn't think the last seen time was important in finding AJ alive?
I never said the family was trying to mislead the public, just that if they DID know WH saw her Monday at noon, then seen by neighbor at 2:00pm, that would have been important to include/ correct.

From thread #2 near the end, there were at least 2 different people (who, IMO, both had very good intentions and very much loved their daughters) distributing fliers. The info on those fliers didn't match. I do not fault either man for that. Errors happen. It doesn't mean they are attempting to mislead the investigation or the public.

JMO

Here's one for you:

Were the texts actually FB Messenger messages? I get texts on my Android phone with messages from FB that include
- Today is Joe Blow's birthday. Press 1 to post Happy Birthday on his timeline. (It's really handy. I don't have to log in to do it or anything, which is good because once I get on there, I can distract myself for hours.)
- Your friends have posted 820 updates this week. (I have received that exact same message with that exact same # on it dozens of times.)
- Pam Person posted a new photo. Click the link to view and Like it.
- Why aren't you online? Where are you, Alice? (from a guy who had a crush on me in Jr college a million years ago.)

JMO

Something that's always bothered me is that I called Jen and told her I thought I saw AJ and she said she would let LE know. I later spoke with Zach about it and he said he'd never heard about it. He also spoke with LE and they had never heard about my call either. Why would that be? Because they knew I couldn't have possibly saw her? Did Jen tell WH and he said he went there and no AJ?
That would bother me, too. Where and when did you think you saw her?

So Wes is as guilty as some on here at reading motivations into other people's minds? Off with his head!

Come on, you are smarter than this! Every parent of every missing/murdered child is the first one suspected by LE. He and JH just wanted AJ found, period. I'm sure that they felt like they weren't being treated the way they believed victims should be, that is, being kept completely informed of every single development in the investigation. That might be enough to make me assume that I was the prime suspect, too!

Criminal investigations don't work that way. You know that and I know that, but we can't expect every victim to realize that.

Welcome to the 21st century. LE can't release any info to anyone without weighing the risk that that info will be made available to the entire online world - including any real suspects - via social media in a matter of moments, especially if it involves young adults and teenagers. I understand that. I think you, too, get it, too.

Take a big deep breath and a step away from defending your opinions long enough to re-evaluate what you are basing them on. Please. There are some great minds on here. (I really do mean that.)

Lack of media and social media savvy is not evidence of anything. Not understanding how criminal investigations work from the POV of LE & victims is likewise not a crime.

JMO

SeeAlice, you are much better at the "somebodyelsedunnit" game than I am. I can't get unstuck from my suspect. You win the game. (Insert "Game Over" eyelid tattoo joke here).

So Wes is as guilty as some on here at reading motivations into other people's minds? Off with his head!

Come on, you are smarter than this! Every parent of every missing/murdered child is the first one suspected by LE. He and JH just wanted AJ found, period. I'm sure that they felt like they weren't being treated the way they believed victims should be, that is, being kept completely informed of every single development in the investigation. That might be enough to make me assume that I was the prime suspect, too!

Criminal investigations don't work that way. You know that and I know that, but we can't expect every victim to realize that.

Welcome to the 21st century. LE can't release any info to anyone without weighing the risk that that info will be made available to the entire online world - including any real suspects - via social media in a matter of moments, especially if it involves young adults and teenagers. I understand that. I think you, too, get it, too.

Take a big deep breath and a step away from defending your opinions long enough to re-evaluate what you are basing them on. Please. There are some great minds on here. (I really do mean that.)

Lack of media and social media savvy is not evidence of anything. Not understanding how criminal investigations work from the POV of LE & victims is likewise not a crime.

JMO

True. Parents are the first suspects. But most of them are cleared very quickly, once LE looks at their criminal history, their timelines of 'last sighting', and their alibis. But Wes failed on those counts, imo.

You posted a long reply, but never answered the main question I had asked. Which was about Wes changing the timeline and adding in his lunchtime meeting with AJ. Why did he take so long to reveal that meeting?

I know exactly what I am basing my opinions on. Wes's LONG criminal history , his current relapse into drug abuse, his criminal actions involving hiding ammo in the air vent in his hotel room, his mental health issues and his controlling, jealous nature and his inability to control his impulses. Add to that his current family break up and you have a very volatile situation.

I have just reevaluated what I am basing my opinions upon and end up back in the same place. :cow:

My opinion only:

The text came from whoever took her away and had her phone.

1. They answered her sister's incoming text for no other reason than to buy time to get rid of her and her phone
2. The very act of answering that text tells me whoever it was does know her and the family. A stranger wouldn't feel the urgency to buy time since there's no connection between the two of them anyway.
3. They just said "friends" to cast a wide net of speculation without naming anyone.

If you think about it, not a single one of her friends has ever said they were with her on that Monday. NOT ONE OF THEM. They all took to social media early evening Tuesday (several hours before the missing persons report was ever filed with LE) to start trying to raise awareness that she was missing. Not one of them said anything like "omg we were just hanging out yesterday!" or "she stayed over on Monday now she's gone!". They said all sorts of other things, LOTS of other things about times they've hung out, what they were doing, what they were eating and places they go together, etc., but never once was there any mention of her being with any of them on that Monday.

To me, that points the suspect finger right back in the same place as it's been all along.

I don't think you are understanding what I am alluding to here, Mom. It IS possible that AJ was with a "friend" at, say his hotel room, and she simply didn't want anyone to know where she was. Not saying that's what happened, I'm just saying that it IS possible.

I think there are 15+ threads for AJ because we keep reevaluating everything.. First to help find her and now to bring her justice. IMO

The texts were from her phone. She texted AJ's phone and got a reply from her phone.
Here's one for you:

Were the texts actually FB Messenger messages? I get texts on my Android phone with messages from FB that include
- Today is Joe Blow's birthday. Press 1 to post Happy Birthday on his timeline. (It's really handy. I don't have to log in to do it or anything, which is good because once I get on there, I can distract myself for hours.)
- Your friends have posted 820 updates this week. (I have received that exact same message with that exact same # on it dozens of times.)
- Pam Person posted a new photo. Click the link to view and Like it.
- Why aren't you online? Where are you, Alice? (from a guy who had a crush on me in Jr college a million years ago.)

JMO

For me personally, I don't feel the need to concentrate my thoughts and efforts on any other suspect except Wesley Hadsell. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, plants evidence like a duck, and impedes an investigation like a duck...it's a dirty duck.

I just spent the last few hours catching up... I really admire a lot of you on here, able to eloquently argue your points. Me, not so much ;) So I'm lurking for now but wanted to drop in and leave some hugs for Zach in case he is reading here (which, honestly, I hope he has taken a break from) (((ZACH)))

For me personally, I don't feel the need to concentrate my thoughts and efforts on any other suspect except Wesley Hadsell. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, plants evidence like a duck, and impedes an investigation like a duck...it's a dirty duck.

And swam around the pond a few times in the past like a duck....

Got it! I just wanted to be sure I had not missed anything - these threads move fast. I have always assumed the texts sent were replies, but I'd have to look back at earlier threads to check. As I said, I don't think it's a stranger at all…I just can't eliminate the possibility based on what we know, or what we think we know. I think LE knows who did this...and soon enough, they'll tell us :)

I don't think it was a "stranger" either because I really don't think a "stranger" would have taken the time to cut up AJ's credit card ... I mean, what would be their reason??

True. Parents are the first suspects. But most of them are cleared very quickly, once LE looks at their criminal history, their timelines of 'last sighting', and their alibis. But Wes failed on those counts, imo.

You posted a long reply, but never answered the main question I had asked. Which was about Wes changing the timeline and adding in his lunchtime meeting with AJ. Why did he take so long to reveal that meeting?

I know exactly what I am basing my opinions on. Wes's LONG criminal history , his current relapse into drug abuse, his criminal actions involving hiding ammo in the air vent in his hotel room, his mental health issues and his controlling, jealous nature and his inability to control his impulses. Add to that his current family break up and you have a very volatile situation.

I have just reevaluated what I am basing my opinions upon and end up back in the same place. :cow:

Well it's clear to me that you did not spend enough time contemplating my psychic stranger-suspect theory! :D (I deflect with humor when I psychically sense the thread is about to explode. Sigh).

All joking aside, this was a very intelligent and succinct post. I like it a lot.

So do you also suspect everyone else who posted the fliers with errors on them?

IIRC, one had her height wrong by like 5 or 6 inches, didn't it?

And didn't at least one also have different contact info for tips? That was NOT WH who did that. (And JMO, I have no reason to suspect the person who made those & hung them up.)

JMO

Yes, that is the strangest thing to me, the cutting of a credit card left like crumbs to be found.
Lets talk about the reasons the cut credit card 1) would have been cut up and 2) was found near AJ's house during a search.

I don't think it was a "stranger" either because I really don't think a "stranger" would have taken the time to cut up AJ's credit card ... I mean, what would be their reason??

Yes, that is the strangest thing to me, the cutting of a credit card left like crumbs to be found.
Lets talk about the reasons the cut credit card 1) would have been cut up and 2) was found near AJ's house during a search.

1. To make it look like an abduction/robbery.
2. To set up Texty.

My gut says it's #2, since WH gave us oh so much info about Nephbro and the finding of the debit card pieces. And lo and behold, WH asks no questions, just flies right back to the house from his job in Franklin. Yeah...bs.

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member