VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to COD, I'd be surprised if it is anything other than BFT or asphyxiation.

Just curious, did the dog die that WH hit "on the head?"

And then, there is a missing gun and ammo hidden in the A/C vent to contend with. IMO

Yeah, I don't understand that. Not trying to take anything away from Zach but how was AJ allowed to use his last name if that wasn't legally her last name, like with school registrations, health insurance, and doctors offices things like that?

It's actually quite common. Mother gets remarried, new hubby doesn't adopt but raises baby as his own. Once registered at school the legal name is there on school reg but there's also a "preferred name" or "goes by name" section to fill out and mother puts the last name of hubby, since that's what little one goes by.

Originally Posted by luckyseven I invite you to re-examine his timeline of events from the afternoon she went missing. I've cleaned up the rhetoric so it is understandable and does not include useless mumbling. What really happened from 7:30am - 2:00pm?

My wife left at seven o’clock in the morning March 2nd.

That morning I had actually dropped off the red truck for AJ - she’s home from spring break and I knew she would need it. I didn’t speak with her, I left the keys in the mailbox.

I left and then I heard from Anjelica. She called me on the phone and asked to borrow money - no - she didn’t ask to borrow money, but her exact words were “can I get some money?”

When she asked if she could get some money I understood what she was probably asking, so I gave her $200 because the camera she wanted went for around that.

I left work at 11:53am and I drove over to the gas station. I met her, I would say, around 12:10, 12:15pm.

We kind of just hung out and stared at each other, you know.

She departed my presence at I would say about 12:40, 12:45pm.

I late getting back to my job, but, my daughter called me, and that’s something she doesn’t do. So, I dedicated extra time outside of my lunch break. Because, 12:45pm, I’m supposed to be on the clock.

I got back to work at around 1:15, 1:20pm. (We do not know if his employer has confirmed this.)

I know our neighbor saw her after one o’clock departing. She waved to him. (This neighbor didn't come forward until two weeks later.

2:00pm is the last physical sighting of her driving the red truck back towards the house with a white, small, compact car following her. (Insider info tells us that the witnesses are not certain of their dates/times.)

My neighbor reported at 2:03pm he saw, behind my red truck that was parked in my driveway, a small white 4 door compact car. (Insider info tells us that the witnesses are not certain of their dates/times.)

Justice, my second oldest daughter, comes home from school at 2:25pm that day. My 18 year old daughter, Anjelica Hadsell, was not present at the home. The red truck was still there, however, it had been moved from the left side of the drive to the right side.

So, if many of the details WH told us are false, for what reasons did he tell us these? What did he need to cover for? What really happened? These are the kinds of questions I have.

My response now to the above post: Thank you luckyseven for this post! So, WH says he left work at 11:53 a.m., met her (AJ) at 12:10-12:15, which is 17-22 minutes from the time he left work to meet AJ; then "she departed my presence" at 12:40-12:45 and he (WH) got back to work at 1:15-1:20 which is 35 minutes.
And this is why I cannot understand where so many people seem to be stuck on he was working 1 to 1 1/2 hours away. Granted, after AJ was found, it came out that WH was working in the Franklin area and granted when pieces of the debit card were found (before AJ was found), WH commented he was working an hour away (or whatever he specifically said) but how could WH - at the time AJ went missing - been working over this so-called hour away when he gives the above-noted times of when he left work to meet her and when he returned back to work????

I'm not really seeing the relevancy of the name changes either?

I believe it goes a long way towards understanding the family dynamic and likely will explain a lot more once charges have actually been laid.

moo.

I didn't hear much more about that? Did it come from Wes?

quoting Katydid23 "Last night I went to sleep pondering the questions about her 'brother.' If in fact she does not have one then I'd like to know more about this kid calling himself her brother, and telling us all that she went for a walk and why. And telling us she needed to blow off some steam. really? Was she mad at you?"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...quot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-1/page11

So it came from the friend who referred to himself as AJ's brother.

Our names are unique, they define us. The give us links to the past via our ancestors. They are normally, except through marriage, something that is constant, with us from the day we're born until the day we die. This poor girl had at least 3 different surnames and the spelling changed on her first name before she was 16! I think it's very telling.
Jim Croce didn't sing
"I've got a name, I've got a name and it keeps on changing every year."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVBzLGAIbU

"
I do not think so. A few other people mentioned he would have been charged with a felony if that occurred, but he is being charged with a misdemeanor, though that may mean he did possibly injure it. JMO
I just looked up the charge and it is Va Code 18.2-144
Even if the dog died or had to be euthanized, it is charged as a Misdemeanor unless it is a second offense. Then he would be charged on a felony count.
https://vacode.org/18.2-144
Except as otherwise provided for by law, if any person maliciously shoot, stab, wound or otherwise cause bodily injury to, or administer poison to or expose poison with intent that it be taken by, any horse, mule, pony, cattle, swine or other livestock of another, with intent to maim, disfigure, disable or kill the same, or if he do any of the foregoing acts to any animal of his own with intent to defraud any insurer thereof, he shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony. If any person do any of the foregoing acts to any fowl or to any companion animal with any of the aforesaid intents, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, except that any second or subsequent offense shall be a Class 6 felony if the current offense or any previous offense resulted in the death of an animal or the euthanasia of an animal based on the recommendation of a licensed veterinarian upon determination that such euthanasia was necessary due to the condition of the animal, and such condition was a direct result of a violation of this section."

Part of me feels the adoption was directed at Zach. "She's not yours. You can't have her." TOTAL SPECULATION and I hope hope it isn't true.

ETA: I am also not 100% thinking WH is the one responsible. I do believe he knows who did it. Had some part in it. Was told about it my someone he wants to protect. At the very least.

BBM Except we haven't seen anything from WH or JH claiming her as property.

Sudden, explosive, uncontrollable and possibly drug-induced rage. I personally don't believe , yet, that WH pre-meditated AJ's murder - it was spontaneous, reactionary, and not intentional, thus his ridiculous coverup and Hollywood performances. It is about what you would expect an ex con to cook up in a little over 24 hours before finally reporting AJ missing...after friends were wondering where she was for several hours...because they "didn't know what to do."

If you're curious how the prosecution will prove motive - I don't think they will need to because they wont seek the death penalty and they probably wont go for 1st degree either. Someone said they were worried he might enter an alford plea, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I don't like to speculate too far ahead though and prefer to wait calmly for the ME report.

:thinking:How can one even talk about PLEA of any kind if no one has been listed as a suspect or even arrested for her death? There can not be a plea until a person is charged with the criminal offense. I have read some weird stuff by others than WH so, I am not convinced of any one person. And Respectfully, I say this.. if/when the Pros charges someone with the crime. They will have to have evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the person charged did the crime.

[/I][/I]My response now to the above post: Thank you luckyseven for this post! So, WH says he left work at 11:53 a.m., met her (AJ) at 12:10-12:15, which is 17-22 minutes from the time he left work to meet AJ; then "she departed my presence" at 12:40-12:45 and he (WH) got back to work at 1:15-1:20 which is 35 minutes.
And this is why I cannot understand where so many people seem to be stuck on he was working 1 to 1 1/2 hours away. Granted, after AJ was found, it came out that WH was working in the Franklin area and granted when pieces of the debit card were found (before AJ was found), WH commented he was working an hour away (or whatever he specifically said) but how could WH - at the time AJ went missing - been working over this so-called hour away when he gives the above-noted times of when he left work to meet her and when he returned back to work????

THIS has been bothering me. Is it possible he was only scheduled to work in Franklin later in the afternoon, and was working somewhere else beforehand?

Or was it confirmed he was in Franklin at all that day (my vote is YES, but for work)?

Unless the bio dad fought it the court may not have known. Step parent adoptions do not require home studies in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining! Man that blows my mind!! It just seems to me that a judge should be required to look into the background of anyone wanting to adopt, even a stepparent. And maybe even especially a stepparent .. I say that because we all know how "blinded by love" these women can be and allow sometimes a total predator around their children. Someone has to protect these kids!! Ugh sorry .. Just so frustrating.

I haven't come to a final conclusion either but I do have every reason to suspect WH is the #1 suspect. That said, I could be wrong and there could be more than 1. I just don't think he's 100% innocent in AJ's disappearance and tragic demise.

I'm with you on this, especially after I spent some time sleuthing. I believe 2 were involved now, (IMO) and I believe Zach has every right to worry about who is still in that house.
I've been trying to think of a way to say info without violating TOS and so far haven't come up with a way to do it, Grrrrrr!
I will say this, I am an ex-military spouse and because of my own experience of 11+ years of it, I know there are only a few ways a person would spend ONLY 3 years in the military.
Normal first time service entry is 2 years or 4 years. NOT 3!

anyone catch WAVY at 6:00...Not sure if I heard correctly. There isn't a link yet

"
I just looked up the charge and it is Va Code 18.2-144
Even if the dog died or had to be euthanized, it is charged as a Misdemeanor unless it is a second offense. Then he would be charged on a felony count.
https://vacode.org/18.2-144
Except as otherwise provided for by law, if any person maliciously shoot, stab, wound or otherwise cause bodily injury to, or administer poison to or expose poison with intent that it be taken by, any horse, mule, pony, cattle, swine or other livestock of another, with intent to maim, disfigure, disable or kill the same, or if he do any of the foregoing acts to any animal of his own with intent to defraud any insurer thereof, he shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony. If any person do any of the foregoing acts to any fowl or to any companion animal with any of the aforesaid intents, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, except that any second or subsequent offense shall be a Class 6 felony if the current offense or any previous offense resulted in the death of an animal or the euthanasia of an animal based on the recommendation of a licensed veterinarian upon determination that such euthanasia was necessary due to the condition of the animal, and such condition was a direct result of a violation of this section."
As posted here earlier, there is specific language dealing with companion animals, to main or kill them rises to the level of a felony.

I have a bad feeling about this that we may never get the true answers here. I was the one that said that I could see if he was charged in her death that he could likely go with the Alford Plea. It would just be another way to control the situation and keep secrets hidden in the family. I could see JH going along with it as well. IMO.

I can't remember if anyone mentioned WH's username bearwph? Nothing major comes up in Google, mainly a lot of online poker sites and one old Twitter account with only two tweets. I wonder if Wes also has a gambling problem. And what's with the bear thing?

Thanks for explaining! Man that blows my mind!! It just seems to me that a judge should be required to look into the background of anyone wanting to adopt, even a stepparent. And maybe even especially a stepparent .. I say that because we all know how "blinded by love" these women can be and allow sometimes a total predator around their children. Someone has to protect these kids!! Ugh sorry .. Just so frustrating.

There are so many kids whose parents don't take care of them physically/financially, that having a man (in this case WH) step up to the plate, be a father and commit to providing and caring for AJ financially, there would have to be someone fighting hard against that happening. The biodad willingly signed his rights away, allowing WH to adopt AJ. WH stepped up to the plate when no one else ever had.

As to COD, I'd be surprised if it is anything other than BFT or asphyxiation.

Just curious, did the dog die that WH hit "on the head?"

Agreed 100%. I also suspect it wasn't intentional or even planned. It just happened, and was then covered up.

As for the dog, no I don't think so. As I understand it, if it had died the charge would be upped to a felony but as of this morning, it's still a misdemeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth