VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, where was the jacket found? Tia.

There's no word on what jacket, by whom or where it was found, besides SMish stuff and MSM being told by Hadsell, I suppose, but no LE confirmation, to speak off, that I've seen.

There's no word on what jacket, by whom or where it was found, besides SMish stuff and MSM being told by Hadsell, I suppose, but no LE confirmation, to speak off, that I've seen.

I can guess who found the jacket. Lol

That is what confuses me. At the very start there was NO mention of said scary guy. JH said she thought things were OK even on the first morning. But now we hear that cousin knew all about this before she went missing. Wouldn't cousin have called family and shared scary texts from day one?

When did they learn about white car following her, parking in driveway? Wouldn't that have been put out there as soon as possible?

I'm not saying this is the case, but I can't help but wonder if sooooome of the inconsistencies has to do with the line of communication to the media and perhaps between family members, lack of info disclosed to the media / them not getting the info out, or maybe things developing and being learned as time goes by...now again I'm not saying this is the case, or accounts for all of the inconsistencies, but maybe its taking time for things to come out accurately (don't shoot me people, lol)...
I agree important information such as last seen is really a red flag, as well as other things...just trying to play devil's advocate for a second, actually its not working lol and I don't quite agree with what my fingers are typing but I had to give it a shot.

:facepalm:

I forgot who posted it here but a journalist, is going to talk about this case on Sunday. Does anyone remember her name?

I, too, now have some more info to add to my little list. This isn't really a big deal, I think, considering we have pretty much figured out the time line to the best of our abilities so far, but it is still interesting to see!

• The Rotunda reported that AJ was last seen on Tuesday, March 3rd around 5:30 a.m.
  • The Rotunda reported that AJ was reported missing at 9:15pm on Tuesday, March 3rd.
  • ABC News reports that she was last seen at 9:15pm on Monday, March 2nd.
  • WAVY 10 reported that AJ was last seen around 2:30 p.m. Monday, March 2nd.
  • WAVY 10 reported that AJ was reported missing at 9:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3rd.
  • WAVY 10 reported that AJ was last heard from via text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3rd.
  • The "Bring AJ Home" FB page states that AJ was last seen at 7:00am on Monday, March 2nd.
  • The "Bring AJ Home" FB Page is changed, states that AJ was last seen at her home around 12:00pm on Monday, March 2nd.
  • The "Bring AJ Home" FB Page is changed, removing the time altogether. Now just states she was last seen Monday, March 2nd.
  • The "Bring AJ Home" FB page states that AJ was last heard from at 5:30am on Tuesday, March 3rd.
  • The "Bring AJ Home" FB Page is changed, removing the time. Now just states she was last heard from in the early morning on Tuesday, March 3rd.
  • 13 News Now reported that AJ was last seen at 12:00pm on Monday, March 2nd by her step-father.
  • On Nancy Grace, step-father says he thinks that she was last seen Monday, March 2nd.
  • Mace & Crown reported that, according to a quote from her mother, she was last seen by her family at 7:00am on Monday, March 2nd.
  • Mace & Crown reported that, according to a quote from her mother, she was last seen by a neighbor at 2:00pm on Monday, March 2nd.
  • WAVY 10 reporter tweets that AJ was last seen with her step-father at a gas station at 12:45pm on Monday, March 2nd.

:shakehead:

I'm not saying this is the case, but I can't help but wonder if sooooome of the inconsistencies has to do with the line of communication to the media and perhaps between family members, lack of info disclosed to the media / them not getting the info out, or maybe things developing and being learned as time goes by...now again I'm not saying this is the case, or accounts for all of the inconsistencies, but maybe its taking time for things to come out accurately (don't shoot me people, lol)...
I agree important information such as last seen is really a red flag, as well as other things...just trying to play devil's advocate for a second, actually its not working lol and I don't quite agree with what my fingers are typing but I had to give it a shot.

"just trying to play devil's advocate for a second, actually its not working lol and I don't quite agree with what my fingers are typing but I had to give it a shot."

Lol, you're funny Margarita25! Thanks for the laugh...now I can get off WS's w/a smile and get some sleep, =) I don't know what tomorrow will bring in this case but I know we need sleep, to keep up with these ever-changing stories... G'night all! ~ I'll be praying for AJ.

Is there a place we can find which ones arent allowed? How do we know? I dont want to get in trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay - my last addition. If you only pay attention to one of my comments, please let it be this one. This is all IMO of course.

The text message story is absolutely, completely some sort of weird grasp at straws to find anything else to place the blame on. There is pure journalistic manipulation going on and it scares me.

In the WAVY 10 article that reveals the new information about an apparent predator, this is what her family says about the text messages:
  • "This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea." - cousin
  • "She was more worried that this person would maybe do something." - cousin
  • "I’d say she’s screaming 'help!'" - stepdad
  • "She was scared of a situation." -stepdad

This is a quote from the article:

Wow. Those texts sound terrifying, right? Clearly a logical person would think that whoever kidnapped her is the same person who she was apparently terrified of and being threatened by.

Hm, well. Wait a second. Let's take a look at THE ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGES. They were shown on the WAVY 10 TV news. I screencapped them.
View attachment 71102
View attachment 71103

Okay - I really don't mean to be patronizing at all, but I get the feeling that I'm much younger than a lot of my fellow WSers. I'm going to talk a bit about the contents of those text messages, in case some of you aren't familiar with iMessage or emoji. I did my BA in Media Studies, so this is my area of expertise. Emoji is becoming its own language. The more common emojis have pretty specific emotions attached to them. They are used in place of things like "lol" now.

The screencaps of the text messages clearly came from her cousin's cell phone. AJ is the white on the left, her cousin is the blue on the right. Her cousin must have screencapped her conversation and given it to LE/family/media, whatever.

Let's dissect. The cousin sends AJ two "information desk" emojis. It may not be clear in the capture, but it is basically a smiling woman with her hand raised up and off to the side as if to say "oh well!" It is also called the "sassy girl emoji." This is NOT something you send to a person in distress. This is NOT something you send if you're genuinely concerned about a person's well being. This emoji is used when you're teasing someone. People use it to accompany sarcastic remarks.

AJ says

This indicates that AJ was fine with texting whoever "this person" was. She was engaging in a conversation with him/her until her cousin told her she should "probably" stop. I imagine this was very basic advice. If I told my friends someone was annoying me via text, they would tell me that I should probably stop texting that person. If I told my friends I feared for my life and someone was scaring me via text, they would tell me I should definitely stop texting that person, block them, and tell someone about it.

AJ says

The emoji she sends at the end of that sentence says everything. It is a laughing emoji. Emojipedia (see? this is the future of communication) says "A laughing emoji which at small sizes is often mistaken for being tears of sadness. In fact , this emoji is laughing so much that it is crying tears of joy." That emoji is used when a situation is SO crazy/funny/ridiculous that you're laughing until you're crying. Not exactly the kind of thing that someone who is scared for her life would use.

AJ says

Texts that are sent in that format (all caps, short word/phrase, new text for each one) are meant to redirect or round-out a conversation. Also, using the word "HELP" or exaggerating your emotions is a very common thing. A big part of humor now is irony: the more you pretend that your situation is far more dire than it is, the better. Everyone loves this moment on TV when Paris Hilton sighs "I'm gonna kill myself" when she gets to her hotel and the hot water isn't working. I literally just today got a text from my friend that said "OMG HELP" and then she said "TACOS ARE 3 FOR A DOLLAR." The tone of the conversation was very clearly casual and normal.

You can hear it for yourself in the WAVY video. Listen to her cousin at 0:45. I can feel in her voice that she knows she's misrepresenting the conversation.

Family, media, LE... SOMEONE is desperate for SOMETHING to go on. This tiny bit of one normal conversation had been opportunistically blown out of proportion. I would truly bet my money on these texts being absolutely irrelevant to what has happened.

:bowdown:
:clap:

Well, one example of what you are describing MIGHT be the found credit card. I thought there was a discrepancy between them saying a friend found it in 2 pieces, and later hearing WH found it in many pieces. Now I think maybe both things are true. A friend found the 2 large pieces on the first day, then WH found some smaller pieces later.

Looking for links for these to update map, if anyone can point me to them that'd be awesome. Thank you Smurfily!

After searching many news casts I found this one that shows Norfolk LE searching on the vacant lot, Halprin Drive. I hope this helps. At 1:54 in video. I also have a photo I took when all the LE vehicles were on the lot later that morning. Am I allowed to post that? If so, I will need to remove all personally identifiable info from file before posting.

http://wtvr.com/2015/03/09/search-for-missing-longwood-university-student-enters-second-week/

Im beginning to believe something happened to her the evening before.

Regarding the white compact car seen in the driveway on the news vid: White is the most common car color, but it's a pretty big coincidence that SOMEONE reported seeing a white compact car following behind AJ, and parked in the driveway next to her truck. I wonder if this was reported by the reliable neighbor (who is about the only person I believe at this point). If so, it makes me wonder why it took so long for the info about the white compact car to come out via the family? Wouldn't they have wanted everyone, especially neighbors, to be on the lookout for this car? I wonder how much time passed between the neighbor (if it was the neighbor) reporting seeing the white car in the driveway, and WH's decision to change the timeline to "last seen at noon". Also, the white car we see in the driveway? Is that a family members vehicle? A friends vehicle? Surely LE will have NO trouble figuring that out.

Regarding surveillance tapes: every business is different, but I was a manager for 7-11 back in the day, and our policy (if memory serves) was to keep a 30 day rotation of video tapes. At the end of the month, we would go back and re-record over the oldest tape and start the rotation over.

Is that something I cannot post? The link to her website came up ********
not sure of the rules on that. Can I say what time it is scheduled?

Is that something I cannot post? The link to her website came up ********
not sure of the rules on that. Can I say what time it is scheduled?

Yes- that person and her websites are not allowed they said last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett