Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I think something happened to her and this wont have a happy ending.
I do believe the family hold the key.

Here's my question - I understand completely why we can't discuss elephants on WS. However, why isn't MSM all over this? What's their reasoning for not sharing elephant behavior?

Here's my question - I understand completely why we can't discuss elephants on WS. However, why isn't MSM all over this? What's their reasoning for not sharing elephant behavior?

Maybe LE has requested them Not to!

I wonder if AJ ever said anything to any of her friends about anyone she was UNHAPPY with or if she didn't want to be home.

Does a judge have to order a subpoena to a cell phone company to get that phone's records in order to get ping info and other cell phone information?

First, welcome :) Second, there are certain things we really can't talk about here due to TOS so I'll be as informative as possible without getting grounded :)

I can honestly tell you, if I were not a member of WS and following this case, and did my own research on the names associated with the case, every red flag on the planet would be firmly planted in one place. Would I go all over social media posting that info? Probably not, or at least not to the degree some might. However, that being said, I believe LE is well aware of all the same things we are, and probably knows a LOT more than we do (at least I would hope so). As for how long certain folks have had accounts on SM, all it takes is a quick look at their number of posts or tweets & scrolling down to see the kinds of topics they're interested in (some accounts state "member since 20xx" but others do not). You can usually tell when the account is a recent SM Troll just activated for that purpose.

Cautioning against tunnel vision is wise, because there have been cases we've all followed and then went WHOA!! when the case is brought to a conclusion. Sometimes it's someone no one ever suspected, mentioned or even heard of. Sometimes all the signals point the wrong way. It's just the way it works sometimes.

MOO.

I understand, in the beginning not releasing certain backgrounds. It may definitely create a lynch mob mentality. Focus may be shifted form AH. Donations would probably be minimal. However, now that cloud is swirling around. It's out there. It's your past! I am trying to remain open minded. Then you sock it to me with the whole 12:45 meeting. I am sorry, you don't forget that. Time to start doing something to show the public you are trustworthy. And yes, you are asking for our help, we deserve it.

IMO you have two choices:

1. Address it and give your side of the story.
2. Don't address it and let people assume.

Which is the lesser of two evils?
There will be zealots all over SM. Ones who will be on your side, others who won't.

I'm sorry, I can't buy anything that was said in last interview. At the point LE would need to confirm those statements.

Okay sorry for all this posting. But I was doing some reading online of actual court docs and it seems that courts have to subpoena cell phone records, VM resets, etc etc even for tracking persons that are missing in the info I am reading. I guess then that there would have to be a reason or probable cause to have to request this info. So say if a person is not considered missing under suspicious circumstances than a request like that might not be done right away. Just thinking out loud. Also, it seems like people in AJ's family could be smart enough to know certain things around because they may or may have not have had previous experience with these kinds of things. I'm not say they have. Just thinking out loud. So if you know how a systems works then you might have a little bit more knowledge of how law enforcement works.

What if...

local LE on this case have SO much circumstantial evidence it would choke a rhino, but they need just 1 more thing to bust the case wide open. Knowing full well if the local media got wind of what they know (or published it or broadcasted it if they do already know), it would give the suspect (who has not been publicly named for the same reason) ample opportunity to destroy any evidence and the case falls apart. So, they request a media blackout for that very reason and the local media comply.

Too far of a reach? Does that even happen? I know back in the day (and I mean back in the day before internet/social media wildfire) it was a lot easier for LE to keep the media at bay but now? I don't know...

What if...

local LE on this case have SO much circumstantial evidence it would choke a rhino, but they need just 1 more thing to bust the case wide open. Knowing full well if the local media got wind of what they know (or published it or broadcasted it if they do already know), it would give the suspect (who has not been publicly named for the same reason) ample opportunity to destroy any evidence and the case falls apart. So, they request a media blackout for that very reason and the local media comply.

Too far of a reach? Does that even happen? I know back in the day (and I mean back in the day before internet/social media wildfire) it was a lot easier for LE to keep the media at bay but now? I don't know...

Yeah I guess sometimes LE only gets 1 shot when making an arrest so they want to make sure they have all the evidence they need to do it right.

What if...

Honestly, I've held a similar opinion all week. I imagine that LE is probably very, very interested in a certain person or persons but are waiting on some kind of DNA confirmation or something to really lock it in. In the meantime I feel like they're just kind of letting the family do w/e they want.

Does a judge have to order a subpoena to a cell phone company to get that phone's records in order to get ping info and other cell phone information?

I thought the person that holds the contract can do it.
If they refuse they go to a judge. Not 100% sure but...

Maybe LE has requested them Not to!

LE does sometimes request the media to hold back. Also, MSM, reputable ones, adhere to similar "rules" as we do here: until a person is named as a POI, they won't publish.

What if...

I would be very happy with this scenario.

I don't know the legalities of it. If the media has access to public records, would a simple LE request stop them from getting a juicy story out there? I don't know what it's even called with the press - a gag order? Can that apply to the press without violating their 1st amendment rights?

LE does sometimes request the media to hold back. Also, MSM, reputable ones, adhere to similar "rules" as we do here: until a person is named as a POI, they won't publish.

Well, did you all think it was unusual for NG to do a snippet on the case when there was so little to go on? I did, I thought she might have been trying to be clever. lol

AJ's SM is pretty tightly locked, good for her.

Twitter: anjelicamariee
Facebook: anjelica.hadsell
Pinterest: anjelicaamarie
Youtube: Anjelicaahadsell
Google+
Instagram: @anjelicaamarie
LinkedIn

Two thoughts:
1. Seeing her boards on Pinterest about her ideas for a future wedding really rips my heart out. Makes me really want to believe she is still out there and doing okay.

2. I am in total agreement w. something having happened to her earlier than the third. That would mean that the neighbor's story about seeing her truck wasn't true, but it has become clear lately that no one REALLY knows what time she was anywhere. Like, if she met up with her dad at a gas station around 1pm for cash, why would she drive to the house an hour later? Makes no sense.

Anyway she tweets roughly 15 times a day. In the days leading up to her disappearance she was tweeting even more frequently - I imagine since it was spring break she had more time on her hands. Then it completely stops on March 1st. That is ridiculously abnormal! If she is still in contact with her parents via cellphone by the 3rd, it makes no sense whatsoever that she would not be tweeting for a few days straight considering she literally tweets all the time. ESPECIALLY if something was going on in her life... you would think she would be tweeting more like "ugh so stressed" or something.

Rather late last night there was a call for NPD to come to that twitter link to see the bad mouthing that was being made to the elephant- that may be why it is down. Just guessing.

If it's the twitter I think you're talking about the original link that I had is still working for me.

AJ's SM is pretty tightly locked, good for her.

Twitter: anjelicamariee
Facebook: anjelica.hadsell
Pinterest: anjelicaamarie
Youtube: Anjelicaahadsell
Google+
Instagram: @anjelicaamarie
LinkedIn

Two thoughts:
1. Seeing her boards on Pinterest about her ideas for a future wedding really rips my heart out. Makes me really want to believe she is still out there and doing okay.

2. I am in total agreement w. something having happened to her earlier than the third. That would mean that the neighbor's story about seeing her truck wasn't true, but it has become clear lately that no one REALLY knows what time she was anywhere. Like, if she met up with her dad at a gas station around 1pm for cash, why would she drive to the house an hour later? Makes no sense.

Anyway she tweets roughly 15 times a day. In the days leading up to her disappearance she was tweeting even more frequently - I imagine since it was spring break she had more time on her hands. Then it completely stops on March 1st. That is ridiculously abnormal! If she is still in contact with her parents via cellphone by the 3rd, it makes no sense whatsoever that she would not be tweeting for a few days straight considering she literally tweets all the time. ESPECIALLY if something was going on in her life... you would think she would be tweeting more like "ugh so stressed" or something.

Yea it would be interesting know who she last contacted and when besides her mom and/or step-dad.. hoping the friends have already figured out which one of them was the last to communicate with AJ & that LE has that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez