VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was Porch Smoky Kid who saw her in the truck and then the white car, right? I wonder, what teenage kid actually says "driving with purpose"? It just seems like an odd way to speak for most teenage kids. Much like "departed from my presence".

I'm not exactly 100% sure if the "driving with purpose" kids and smoky porch neighbor are the same person. I could have read it wrong, but I was thinking that was 2 different people. Let me go back and re-read it.

So it was Porch Smoky Kid who saw her in the truck and then the white car, right? I wonder, what teenage kid actually says "driving with purpose"? It just seems like an odd way to speak for most teenage kids. Much like "departed from my presence".

I looked at all houses on the block and sidevl streets and could not find a house with a porch.

Maybe she didn't know he left the keys in the mailbox? That would explain why he was surprised the truck was moved in the driveway. But, wouldn't he have told her when she asked for money?

That part seems beyond our speculation, I think, and LE would have a better idea, as he may also be hedging against what witnesses may have reported seeing. I guess one could try?

There's an interesting comment on the fb page from a lady asking about the red truck, but admin was quick to say they weren't searching for it.. and then she posted something that may be of connection...

She lives in NJ, and keeps sharing posts about Aj.. hmm

I vaguely remember this comment. Can you post a direct link? Click the date and time of the comment or post to get the link to post.

I looked at all houses on the block and sidevl streets and could not find a house with a porch.
When I think of porch, I think of front door. I could drive by the hadsells right now and find a couple chairs set up as a designated smoke spot but not exactly a porch. Most residential houses don't have a porch like most would think a porch would look like. It's just generally speaking as front door area.

Does anyone know for sure when the very first search was conducted?

Respectfully snipped. "Police stations are fun" also has a status very close to "drifting away."

Hm, not sure what people mean when they reference this, is this something I should be looking for on Facebook? Or was this in the interview? It's a strange sounding comment that confuses me even without context, though..

But would AJ call her stepdad for money if he and her mom were not together?

Well that is true, but remember now that I guess she has been legally adopted by him. So now and forever he would be her father legally.

I vaguely remember this comment. Can you post a direct link? Click the date and time of the comment or post to get the link to post.

I'm on the Facebook app..but it was a comment directly to the page, 12 hours ago. I thought she was a WSer at first. I messaged her because she seems like she wants to look into things and help. Was gonna invite her here.

PLEASE don't get this thread shut down again! We can't sleuth this guy and his girlfriend per WS TOS.

Thinking about Smoky Porch Kid caused me to backtrack to one of the first articles I ever read on this. This one here http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/ which shows the house on Millard Street with both the red truck and the white car in the driveway, oddly enough, at roughly 1:22 in

ajhouse1.jpg

So then I decided to take Google Guy down the same street and see the house from the same angle this video still was shot at (best as you can, with google street view)

ajhouse2.jpg

Which interestingly enough, doesn't have either the red truck or the white car in the driveway, but this dark green vehicle with the red trailer (image captured August 2014). More than likely a work vehicle, but that's just a guess. I don't know if this is helpful or not to anyone but for me I like to get an actual visual of the location we're discussing.

It's a Facebook of a friend of Ajs. The BringAjHome page shared a video he made on March 5th.

When I think of porch, I think of front door. I could drive by the hadsells right now and find a couple chairs set up as a designated smoke spot but not exactly a porch. Most residential houses don't have a porch like most would think a porch would look like. It's just generally speaking as front door area.

Ok Thank you!

I am done I just didn't want to be the only one who seen it

Thinking about Smoky Porch Kid caused me to backtrack to one of the first articles I ever read on this. This one here http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/ which shows the house on Millard Street with both the red truck and the white car in the driveway, oddly enough, at roughly 1:22 in

View attachment 71210

So then I decided to take Google Guy down the same street and see the house from the same angle this video still was shot at (best as you can, with google street view)

View attachment 71211

Which interestingly enough, doesn't have either the red truck or the white car in the driveway, but this dark green vehicle with the red trailer (image captured August 2014). More than likely a work vehicle, but that's just a guess. I don't know if this is helpful or not to anyone but for me I like to get an actual visual of the location we're discussing.

Thank you, Ontario Mom. Great to see as you have it. Interesting, then that he spoke to what is seen on the video, but never describes his own truck, or which truck they were in at the station. AJ's sister was returning from school at 2:25 pm, according to the step dad. She may have seen the cars parked one way, and somebody else may have seen them parked another way earlier, which he couldn't explain? Again, odd.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/ This article was initially posted on the 4th and they'd already found a piece of her bank card but it doesn't say what day. I believe that first search was when "her friend" found it.

Thanks!! So that would be before Thursday.

>>The fact is that this person found half of her credit card – the bottom half, the part with her name on it. This was Thursday. Thursday afternoon the first week she was missing, I don’t know the dates I just know it was the first week that she was missing on Thursday. I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home. But I was working and they called and said “so and so” found part of a credit card with her name. I didn’t ask questions at the time, rushed home whatever, the next day I organized a search party to search from my driveway up the road like you would be driving out of the neighborhood. That’s the only logical thing I can think do to. Now understand this, in that search party the searchers found three or four more pieces of the credit card after the evidence was found. I didn’t find anything. At all. It was searchers that found it I just happened to have the drive, the will to find out answers and we found more parts of the credit card. -WH link>>

Two different people, the kid and the neighbor, if I read it correctly. Neighbor only saw the red truck around 2 and the kid saw her in the white car, dark jacket, with purpose, and "struggled" somehow before reporting it days later.

I've never heard it said that she was seen in the white car or that anyone was seen in the white car. If so, this is huge. Did anyone else read it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard it said that she was seen in the white car or that anyone was seen in the white car. If so, this is huge. Did anyone else read it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See what you can make of it. I'm still confused.
luckyseven's transcript

Mountain_Kat's timeline from the interview

"I got back around 1:15, 1:20pm – fact. Boss reamed me. Okay? Now, this is something the media public does not know: About, I wanna say, and I can’t really speak a whole lot about this [unintelligible] fact, I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red drunk back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public - a minute or minute and a half later he recognized a white small compact car following her. Did not know this. Bottom line is my neighbor reported at 2:03 [unintelligible] 2 o’clock– he smokes, he doesn’t smoke in the house, he smokes on the porch –"

then later

"and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper