VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I queried NPD on the "last seen" time discrepancy. Here is the answer I received yesterday afternoon:

(Don't know how to share a screenshot here, or if that's allowed?)

ME:
Anjelica Hadsell case: in your news release here, you say: "Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk"

Family and media have been saying they last saw her at home at 7 am on the 2nd, and that a neighbour saw her at 2.30pm that day.

On Thursday 3/12, her father told media he also saw her around noon on the 2nd. It's all very confusing.

Is it possible for you to clarify these "last" seen times? Thank you.

Norfolk Police Department:

She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3.Yesterday at 2:26pm · Sent from Web

Annnnndddd, the news release I was referring to, has apparently gone from the NPD Facebook page....

I believe this to be true IMO. It fits my theory, and lends that LE is working from "creditable witnesses" or surveillance only. Just the facts! Where are you AJ?

Good question. IANAL! But just did a little googling and my understanding is that noncriminal records are available under FOIA, like a missing person report. But records related to a criminal investigation, like search warrants, can be withheld.

From Norfolk's government website, FOIA request process:

http://www.norfolk.gov/index.aspx?NID=901

Note they have no obligation to provide records to non-media, out of state requests (or I would do one!). But anyone who is a resident of the Commonwealth, not just the City of Norfolk, can request.

I'm a resident! I'll submit a request if no one else has.

Why was he dropping the truck off, and leaving the key in the mailbox (as per the infamous interview) if this is the family home? Does he not live there? Why leave the key in the mailbox and not, for example, on the kitchen table, or where ever, IN the house??

(Does my question even make sense?!)

Your question definitely makes sense. We were thinking that maybe he doesn't actually live there anymore - maybe him and JH are separated. But it's only a guess. However, HelpAJ made a comment earlier that seemed to suggest that our assumption is true.

From WH's interview transcript, BBM:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit

Notice, WH does not say HE saw AJ at 7am, but that his wife was there and left at 7am. He also says that morning (no indication of a time) he dropped off the truck because she was going to need it Tuesday. The way this is worded, I don't think he was at the house Monday morning at all, prior to dropping off the truck. He mentions her needing the truck for Tuesday (not Monday) which does gel with mom's earlier statement saying AJ had no plans that day.

Wonder what her Tuesday plans were..... Hmmm

Just to clarify...wasn't 10:30 PM last social media by AJ on March 2 and her mom left for work on March 3 at 7am and WH claims to have met her at gas station in the noon hour while a neighbor saw her in truck around 2pm and sister came home at 2:25 on March 3...she was reported missing about 9:15pm on March 3...or are my dates off by a day? If I have it right than LE are saying her last seen is from the 10:30 pm on March 2 to the 7am on March 3....right? They are discounting neighbor sightings and gas station money stare off.

Just to clarify...wasn't 10:30 PM last social media by AJ on March 2 and her mom left for work on March 3 at 7am and WH claims to have met her at gas station in the noon hour while a neighbor saw her in truck around 2pm and sister came home at 2:25 on March 3...she was reported missing about 9:30pm on March 3...or are my dates off by a day?

No March 1st was last SM action. She was last seen by parents March 2nd, last heard from the morning of March 3rd and reported missing March 3rd. All according to parents.

I believe this to be true IMO. It fits my theory, and lends that LE is working from "creditable witnesses" or surveillance only. Just the facts! Where are you AJ?

I agree, the info NPD provided is what they are running with. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking, "we should only be paying attention to what LE has provided. It's not much, but it's indicative of what they are thinking and pursuing." Someone they believe to be credible saw her last between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3. Who saw her, who she was with, and where she was seen...well...that info has not been released yet.

Also of note to me, whenever NPD posts anything additional on their FB, they continue to say they want info since March 2:

We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

The above quote was posted yesterday, here:

https://www.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/photos/a.318627584846373.71917.274500282592437/882663048442821/?type=1&comment_id=888331017876024&offset=0&total_comments=21

They are clearly trying to tighten up a timeline from witnesses who can corroborate and/or add to what they know from someone who gave them some credible information.

It also sounds like they have discounted the supposed March 4 sighting of her at the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University.

In your theory, who are the credible witnesses who SAW HER the evening of the 2nd or morning of the 3rd? The last witnesses that I have heard about is the 2 pm neighbor sightings.

It is my opinion that the neighbor only saw the truck, and possibly was, based upon the power of suggestion, assumed AJ was driving. Smokey evidently spent lots of time on the porch and we do not know what he might have been smoking. :) Mom is probably creditable.

Is it possible at all, that they have talked to ZH?. And he has said he saw her that evening ? She May have turned to him for a reason?

The person here that had talked to Zach, did he mention when he saw her last? My guess is LE has questioned people behind closed doors, maybe even friends, and they or someone saw her that evening.... Possibly at the house where the jacket was left/found??

No March 1st was last SM action. She was last seen by parents March 2nd, last heard from the morning of March 3rd and reported missing March 3rd. All according to parents.

Well that's interesting...so someone saw her the evening of March 2 or morning of March 3???? After the 2:05 sighting on March 2 by neighbor???? Seems like LE think that last text was from AJ and maybe they even think she's left on her own?????

Just to clarify...wasn't 10:30 PM last social media by AJ on March 2 and her mom left for work on March 3 at 7am and WH claims to have met her at gas station in the noon hour while a neighbor saw her in truck around 2pm and sister came home at 2:25 on March 3...she was reported missing about 9:15pm on March 3...or are my dates off by a day? If I have it right than LE are saying her last seen is from the 10:30 pm on March 2 to the 7am on March 3....right? They are discounting neighbor sightings and gas station money stare off.

ETA: I deleted my inaccurate agreement. Looks like we are both a day off. I need more coffee!!

And let me just say, I love when everyone refers to Smokey the Porch Kid... I'd almost like him to have his own column in the Norfolk News, about his daily views and sights he sees amongst the locals.

But looking around, WH and his brother seems to know EVERYONE!! All of AJs friends, etc. These boys must get around.

As much as Wesley likes to be upfront in this case, I am shocked he has not joined us here yet.

Is it possible at all, that they have talked to ZH?. And he has said he saw her that evening ? She May have turned to him for a reason?

The person here that had talked to Zach, did he mention when he saw her last? My guess is LE has questioned people behind closed doors, maybe even friends, and they or someone saw her that evening.... Possibly at the house where the jacket was left/found??

Very possible, which may be why they haven't said much about it.

And let me just say, I love when everyone refers to Smokey the Porch Kid... I'd almost like him to have his own column in the Norfolk News, about his daily views and sights he sees amongst the locals.

But looking around, WH and his brother seems to know EVERYONE!! All of AJs friends, etc. These boys must get around.

As much as Wesley likes to be upfront in this case, I am shocked he has not joined us here yet.
I am of the impression that he has. [emoji6]

He's reading, I'm sure.

Well that's interesting...so someone saw her the evening of March 2 or morning of March 3???? After the 2:05 sighting on March 2 by neighbor???? Seems like LE think that last text was from AJ and maybe they even think she's left on her own?????

Deleted my reply - Got my days mixed up!! Coffee please!!!!

I think this sighting was on the 3rd. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

No all of the main sightings MSM and Family have reported occurred Monday, March 2rd. The FB page even says March 2nd. Neighbor say her driving on the 2nd at 2:03.

Suppose AJ really did have $300 on her. Suppose she did want to get away from the chaos. I find that I can identify with her, through the chaos of my own teen years which in some ways parallel hers. I made plans to leave my situation, but I didn't have the guts to follow through. I was also an honor student who outwardly had everything going for me. Anyway, if she did leave, how far could she get on $300. Through ZH social media, it appears they spent some time in AZ. If she was happy there, maybe she'd decide to go back. Maybe especially after the hard winter the east coast had, she is looking for a better climate and a new life. Coincidentally, bus tickets from Norfolk to Phoenix cost just under $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member