VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm interpreting your question correctly, but I think you might be asking if its usually older men who commit violent crimes against women/girls? If so, the answer is a definitive no from me. There are many younger and middle aged persons who commit such crimes, for example Austin Reed Sigg, Gabe Gaeta, Travis Forbes, Jesse Matthew, Justin DeRyke...the list goes on and on and on and on unfortunately, and IMO it seems there are more and more younger people committing violent crimes these days JMO.

(If I misinterpreted your question, please disregard. :) )

You were correct, I should have older than AJ's friends. Seem to have been pretty planned if it was just 25 min. I will look at all those cases.

Our streets are/were safe for teens even at night. Finding Aj and who did this is important to me because of all the other girls that walk around I do not want a repeat.

Thank you

I believe that WH is saying that the truck moved from the right side of the driveway when it was seen by the neighbor, to the left side when they later came home. Also, (according to WH) the neighbor saw the white car parked "behind" the red truck while the red truck was in the driveway. Sort of blocking it in I guess. Of course that could also mean someone in the white car who was following the driver of the red truck and did not recognize that there was enough room in the driveway to park alongside of it. I believe another poster here remarked how the driveway did not look big enough for two cars.

To recap: (I interpret from WH) Neighbor saw truck parked on right side of driveway with white car parked behind it. Never saw anyone in the truck or car. Later truck was in driveway by itself, but was on left side of driveway.

WH's interview was a little weird. Apparently he was given questions in advance, as he sort of noted that the interviewer went off script. Never got too much into the question about who owns the white car.

I would actually think that maybe AJ's normal spot is on the left side because that's the furthest from the door and ,well, hey theirs a hierarchy of parking at our house lol. My son has to park on the road in front of our house because the parents get the driveway spots. The good spots. :) So someone would have had to move her truck from one side to the other side of the drive before her sister came home in those 22 minutes. So if she actually parked on the left side and that is her usual spot that probably meant she didn't plan on going anywhere in her truck and maybe did plan on going with the person in the white car. But why move the truck? To try to make more suspicion or throw people off?

You were correct, I should have older than AJ's friends. Seem to have been pretty planned if it was just 25 min. I will look at all those cases.

Our streets are/were safe for teens even at night. Finding Aj and who did this is important to me because of all the other girls that walk around I do not want a repeat.

Thank you

I think the chances of that are fairly remote, Mel. I seriously doubt that AJ was plucked from her home by a stranger.

I would actually think that maybe AJ's normal spot is on the left side because that's the furthest from the door and ,well, hey theirs a hierarchy of parking at our house lol. My son has to park on the road in front of our house because the parents get the driveway spots. The good spots. :) So someone would have had to move her truck from one side to the other side of the drive before her sister came home in those 22 minutes. So if she actually parked on the left side and that is her usual spot that probably meant she didn't plan on going anywhere in her truck and maybe did plan on going with the person in the white car. But why move the truck? To try to make more suspicion or throw people off?

I've pondered many possibilities...perhaps to block the view of the white car from a nosy neighbor, perhaps because another car was in her normal spot, perhaps someone else moved it after the fact, etc. etc. But there are so many possibilities, I think it's futile for us to try to figure that out. Occam's razor would lead me to the conclusion that someone else was in her normal spot, and whoever last parked the truck had to park on the other side, but I have no earthly way of knowing that for sure, so...

ETA: Maybe Smokey will join us and clarify on which side of the driveway he observed the white compact car. ;)

One of the biggest problems with the format of this interview is that I don't think anything was edited, it was probably just the raw file. Granted, if I were interviewed after my kid disappeared I might ramble on with seemingly idiotic statements. However, a reputable (as much as they are these days - grain of salt and all that) would likely edit that babbling out of the final, published interview.

I do have some experience with local and national media and I do know they take great effort to edit audio (and even visual) interviews. That didn't happen in this case and in some ways it's good, but in other ways it's just really bad.

MOO.

RSBM

Butting in for a minute - I'm only on page 2 of this thread so please excuse any redundancies!

For me personally, having a raw, unedited interview is solid gold in terms of sleuthing. Every word is now set in stone so there can be no complaints down the road of taking statements out of context. And if any alibi-building or misleading "facts" were presented, well, it's going to be really tough to back-pedal later. IOW, future statements will need to be woven into and around what was said in this interview.

Back to page two, lol. It took forever to get through the first threads but well worth it. To anyone just joining in, I recommend reading them. Y'all are doing a great job!
:loveyou:

I got the impression that many of the little details in WH's interview were addressing what the people here and what police have questioned him about. A witness noticed that the truck moved, or he went to the mailbox, or that he dropped the truck off initially. Could be just innocent and pure happenstance. Maybe he was reluctant to be forthcoming because of his past. But that is a hard pill to swallow. It makes more sense to share that information from jump to help establish a legit timeline right away in order to give investigators the best chance to find your step daughter. Then again, I am thinking like someone who does not have a criminal past.

One last thing...IF AJ and Mom had a fight prior to March 2nd, is it possible that AJ spent the night elsewhere, and that's why WH left the key to the truck in the mailbox, but not the door key? Granted, Mom says she saw AJ at 7 am, but with the ever changing timelines we've been given, who knows?

I got the impression that many of the little details in WH's interview were addressing what the people here and what police have questioned him about. A witness noticed that the truck moved, or he went to the mailbox, or that he dropped the truck off initially. Could be just innocent and pure happenstance. Maybe he was reluctant to be forthcoming because of his past. But that is a hard pill to swallow. It makes more sense to share that information from jump to help establish a legit timeline right away in order to give investigators the best chance to find your step daughter. Then again, I am thinking like someone who does not have a criminal past.

And the particular nature of said criminal past. That is VERY hard to look past, even if I wanted to, which I don't. Let's say my husband's BFF has a history of auto theft in his past. Let's say he has access to our house. Let's say my truck comes up missing. Should I NOT look into Hubby's bff as a POI, simply because...hey...that was in the past? No one is that stupid. MOO

Fact: This is my inaugural post.

Fact: This may be long but hopefully not unwelcome because of the lack of any new information recently.

Now that we have the "facts" out of the way....there certainly seems to be more questions with almost no confirmed answers from the police. I, like I believe most on this site do, try to remain objective. I cannot stand hearing "he/she is not acting like someone who just lost someone close." People respond to stress and terrible news in a myriad of ways. With that said, when someone actually interjects themselves into an investigation (i.e. launching independent search parties or giving interviews stating "facts" with no supporting evidence or sources, etc) it raises red flags. Also the incredibly detailed yet still evolving "factual timeline" is an oddity that would be irresponsible to overlook. The police are aware of this like the people on here are. I suspect that is partially why we have not be told officially of any one who is, or maybe more importantly, who is not a Person of Interest.

So why aren't we hearing from police? Quite frankly, it is probably because they don't need the public's help. Unlike early on in the Hannah Graham investigation, it would appear they (Norfolk PD) know who the main cast of characters are in AJ's case. When Hannah disappeared the family was not there and her friends appeared to have good alibis. Police needed the public to help identify those seen on camera with her. It would stand to reason that if there was foul play, the Norfolk police are confident it is someone she knew and that there isn't some stranger lurking in the shadows nabbing teenage girls at random. Furthermore, if there was someone stalking her while she was away at school, it seems counterintuitive to wait until she is home in Norfolk around many many familiar faces.

Lastly, I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life. In VB, Norfolk, and neighboring Chesapeake there are about a million people. BUT...if you drive about 30-45 min south you will find yourself in the country. Drive "an hour away" and its Very Likely you'll find yourself across state lines in North Carolina. And yes, in case you were wondering, the FBI does have a field office in Norfolk. Maybe thats why Norfolk PD has gone radio silent.

Apologies if there was any etiquette issues. And of course what you just read was just my humble opinion.

Welcome!! And great first post! :)

I completely agree with you. I think that, if we are to believe WH to some extent, the person who has been interrogated multiple times and who concealed her jacket is clearly the prime suspect. Even if it wasn't that POI, it sounds like the police still have at least two more solid leads to look into. Although it seems like little is being done, I would imagine it is quite the opposite.

I've said this before, but I think we might be at a point where we are waiting on DNA results (from the jacket, the credit card, the car, etc...) or some other forensic evidence. In my opinion I think this case is probably very nearly closed and the LE really doesn't have anything to say until it is.

I do wonder, however, why there do not appear to be physical searches for her going on. I mean, if this 4-time interview guy is the main POI, surely they've investigated ties he has to the area, woods/water locations he knows, etc. Perhaps even that is all behind the scenes.

And the particular nature of said criminal past. That is VERY hard to look past, even if I wanted to, which I don't. JMO

B.i.n.g.o.

It is just really odd that we arent getting details from friends or anything more useful from the family or police. Would leave two options in my opinion...for some reason unknown to us she really wanted to disappear...or someone did something to her and only they know those details. Her choosing to simply vanish just does not seem to be the more likely of the two. An exceptional student who has a competitive side who loves sports does not strike me as the type of person to just throw in the towel. IMO

You all are doing a great job! I'm as confused as everyone else about the changing times of when she was last "seen". My thought is if she didn't like the family dynamics at home, she could have went back to school and not come home until the semester was over. I don't see a reason for her to run away when she could have returned to school to get a break. The lack of SM is very worrisome to me. Hope shes safe somewhere and surfaces soon.

Welcome!! And great first post! :)

I completely agree with you. I think that, if we are to believe WH to some extent, the person who has been interrogated multiple times and who concealed her jacket is clearly the prime suspect. Even if it wasn't that POI, it sounds like the police still have at least two more solid leads to look into. Although it seems like little is being done, I would imagine it is quite the opposite.

I've said this before, but I think we might be at a point where we are waiting on DNA results (from the jacket, the credit card, the car, etc...) or some other forensic evidence. In my opinion I think this case is probably very nearly closed and the LE really doesn't have anything to say until it is.

I do wonder, however, why there do not appear to be physical searches for her going on. I mean, if this 4-time interview guy is the main POI, surely they've investigated ties he has to the area, woods/water locations he knows, etc. Perhaps even that is all behind the scenes.

The Ecomony in our region is heavily dependent on two things...The Military and Tourism. Ignoring the first for now, our local media tends to tread lightly when a topic might paint Hampton Roads in a negative light. I would not be surprised to learn down the road of searches done further south. It gets rural real quick. And considering the propensity of certain individuals to talk a lot...police might just be keeping everyone out of the loop regardless of them being a poi or not.

Welcome to the forum [emoji1] I believe that the interview was more on his part to clear up his info and questions surrounding himself that adding more details. I've said that in the past. That interview was for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a head's up - I had a bit of free time this afternoon so I took a few minutes to type up the parts of the interview I skipped out on last time. I added the paragraph about the 7-11 video and the banal chatter at the end.

Link: transcript

Welcome to the forum [emoji1] I believe that the interview was more on his part to clear up his info and questions surrounding himself that adding more details. I've said that in the past. That interview was for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and that's what bothers me. And I'm tired of Dateline's where it's the husband. Its always the husband. I really would like to see an outcome here that is different trust me. But based on what we know that seems unlikely. I would absolutely love it if she just showed up at home. My first jump into this pool and it has a happy ending...but a quote I remember really makes it hard for me to have that much hope.....
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact" -Sir A.C.D.

OT but the Great Dismal Swamp sounds like something from the "Princess Bride." I'm wondering if there are R.O.U.S. there.

OT but the Great Dismal Swamp sounds like something from the "Princess Bride." I'm wondering if there are R.O.U.S. there.

I'm thinking heffalumps and woozles.
[video=youtube;NwpgERjitQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwpgERjitQ4[/video]

Thank you, again, luckyseven! I do so appreciate your hard work! I admit, I was kind of on the fence before this interview came out. This, and the ever morphing time line is what tripped my hinky meter.

She gave permission for the examiner to post. I alerted my post to the mods. Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper