VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her friends or one of the parents friends? Not real familier with things like this but isn't it usually an older man who does things like this.

Not sure if I'm interpreting your question correctly, but I think you might be asking if its usually older men who commit violent crimes against women/girls? If so, the answer is a definitive no from me. There are many younger and middle aged persons who commit such crimes, for example Austin Reed Sigg, Gabe Gaeta, Travis Forbes, Jesse Matthew, Justin DeRyke...the list goes on and on and on and on unfortunately, and IMO it seems there are more and more younger people committing violent crimes these days JMO.

(If I misinterpreted your question, please disregard. :) )

My latest thoughts, and just MOO, are that there was a bunch of family drama going on (possibly a separation and all that). AJ came home for break and was put in the middle. I think she was caught up in a bunch of stuff going down over that time period (March 1-3) and something somehow, amidst all this, went very wrong. I think a certain elephant is in the forefront and I think he is in a creek paddling real hard against 2 big issues (so the current is going 2 ways for him and he's not getting anywhere and is taking on water)...one is the AJ missing issue and the other is whatever was going on in the family issue. Trying to paddle against 2 currents is making it a bigger issue. I don't know if I'm making any sense and it's all MOO anyway.

That is making a lot of sense and is something I have been leaning towards. Cant say too much because of restrictions but let's say that hypothetically, someone had a history of DV in past marriage. Would that make it more likely that they slipped up and lost their temper again? And if so, would their situation be dire because of the recent slip ups? What if they were facing jail time if anyone reported their recent slip up? Maybe a wife would not report because of complicated issues, but what if someone else wanted to report it ? Would that person be in danger?

I do not feel it would be easy to hide something in Norfolk. JMO

I wouldn't think so. It's been several decades since I was local there, and it is even more developed now. I wonder if the graveyards have been searched? There is not a lot of green space other than graveyards, parks, and school yards.

Actually, I think he might be doing it to get under someone's skin. What I do find strange is that WH always calls the younger girls his daughters when their own bio father is clearly involved in their day-to day-life. To me that's almost like a slap in the face to ZH.

I also personally know some people like this with their stepchildren.They are always saying my son or my daughter when they are steps but they want to make it seem like they are these wonderful close people and family like they are the perfect blended family. when in turn it's not fully the truth.

Don't want to side-track here but since we don't have much to go on I want to comment on this.

I'm a child of divorce. A very messy divorce. My dad was having an affair and 25 years later he is still married to that woman. She is my step-mom and over time her and I have developed a healthy, loving relationship. HOWEVER my mom would have been LiVID (that doesn't even do it justice) if she called me her daughter or asked me to call her mom. to me, with my experience, it's a line you don't cross and speaks volumes about WH and his controlling demeaner.

For years I felt so torn. I loved my mom and she was the one who stayed single almost my entire life so she could work full-time and be around for me when I needed her, etc. But she struggled with maintaining neutrality. Much like ZH, mom my felt betrayed by my dad's family and even me if I showed any positive feelings towards my dad's new wife. Even at 30 I tread carefully. I was sometimes upset with her but ultimately knew what she had to deal with and gave up to be the best parent. My step-mom stayed in her lane and to this day does her best to keep my mom's name out of her mouth and when she can't, it's only an outpouring of support. WH & JH seem like they didn't respect ZH's right as a parent or the girls' rights as daughters to feel, grieve, have space, and figure out their own feelings on new step-dad and previous "step dad" (and dad). So many lines are crossed in the relationship in that household.

My husband comes from divorced parents and his mom has remarried 4+ times. Each time she wanted the boys to cal new guy dad. Since I've met my husband, his mom has remarried twice (and has 14 year old daughters, too) and every husband becomes dad. Bio father becomes more and more alienated. He drinks more and his pain may feel inappropriate to those looking on at a distance but it is real and he feels handcuffed because of laws and well, other things. False abuse allegations to further the distance and create a situation where questioning her actions mean questioning claims of abuse, etc. my husband and I hate hearing the girls get called daughter by strange men and affectionate "I love my dad" comments from his sisters after knowing said guy for a month. It creates instability, confusion, low self esteem and countless other problems. Now that they are teens these problems are becoming more evident. We are constantly reiterating their strength and their ability to have control over their own lives, that they can control who they love and call dad, not who forces that title above them. We know they will grow up to be amazing women, because my husband overcame his childhood, but to ignore the repercussions can be even worse.

When I turned 16/17/18 I became more vocal wih my father (who is comparative to JH here) and became less afraid to express my point of view and defend my mother. It negatively affected our relationship for a long time and there were a few moments of violence attributed to these conversations (on both sides, to be totally fair) I could speculate that AJ was developing her own voice (WH himself said she was tough) and that created problems within the home..

I have no idea what went on in AJ's home or whether the accounts made my ZH are accurate. I just feel based on my own experience in my own life that it feels like a complicated & messy situation and I hope AJ had somebody looking out for her outside of the home. Sorry for the rant but I think it's important to really address this about the home. And then you add on inconsitencies, silence from mom, etc and it just feels weird.

Whether stranger, abduction or gone by her own will I feel for AJ and the pain she has undoubtedly experienced. It's really amazing and motivating to see her smile shine through and to learn about all she has accomplished and planned on accomplishing. I hope she is safe and this beautiful, smart & inspiring young lady will come home soon.

I wouldn't think so. It's been several decades since I was local there, and it is even more developed now. I wonder if the graveyards have been searched? There is not a lot of green space other than graveyards, parks, and school yards.
Gruesome thing to have to consider, but a good idea. :(

We have the wonderful Great Dismal Swamp in our area.

Still wondering about WH's comment about the red truck being moved from one side of the driveway to the other. Assuming that what he is saying is that the red truck was discovered parked on the other side of the driveway, when AJ customarily parked on one particular side, then are we to assume that the position of the truck in the news videos (left side of driveway) is unusual? In news video's I've seen after AJ's disappearance, we see a certain family member's white vehicle parked on the right, and the red truck parked on the left. The reason I am going down this avenue of query is because most people I know are creatures of habit. I park in the same spot, so does my husband...so do most people I know. So if it's true that the truck AJ normally drove was parked in a different spot in the driveway, I have to wonder if she did that because there was another vehicle in her normal parking spot. See what I'm getting at? A neighbor allegedly saw a white vehicle parked in the driveway...but if this vehicle was following AJ to the house, wouldn't she still have pulled into her usual spot? Unless, of course, the white car beat her to the house, or another vehicle was in her spot.

ETA: Grain of salt alert...this info does come from WH, so....

Conceivably, that slew of texts on the 1st after nothing since the 25th of the previous month, so about a week, and the intent to attend the tourney in the future could also not be her tweets, somehow showing future intention, cover as it were. I have no reason to believe it is the case, but if it were what would that mean? Somebody else had her phone?

Take a closer look at her twitter stream. There isn't a week missing at all (the time stamp of the 25th was for the original time stamp of the tweet that she re-tweeted). But keep scrolling and you'll see she was very active on twitter every day, for quite a while.

Don't want to side-track here but since we don't have much to go on I want to comment on this.

I'm a child of divorce. A very messy divorce. My dad was having an affair and 25 years later he is still married to that woman. She is my step-mom and over time her and I have developed a healthy, loving relationship. HOWEVER my mom would have been LiVID (that doesn't even do it justice) if she called me her daughter or asked me to call her mom. to me, with my experience, it's a line you don't cross and speaks volumes about WH and his controlling demeaner.

For years I felt so torn. I loved my mom and she was the one who stayed single almost my entire life so she could work full-time and be around for me when I needed her, etc. But she struggled with maintaining neutrality. Much like ZH, mom my felt betrayed by my dad's family and even me if I showed any positive feelings towards my dad's new wife. Even at 30 I tread carefully. I was sometimes upset with her but ultimately knew what she had to deal with and gave up to be the best parent. My step-mom stayed in her lane and to this day does her best to keep my mom's name out of her mouth and when she can't, it's only an outpouring of support. WH & JH seem like they didn't respect ZH's right as a parent or the girls' rights as daughters to feel, grieve, have space, and figure out their own feelings on new step-dad and previous "step dad" (and dad). So many lines are crossed in the relationship in that household.

My husband comes from divorced parents and his mom has remarried 4+ times. Each time she wanted the boys to cal new guy dad. Since I've met my husband, his mom has remarried twice (and has 14 year old daughters, too) and every husband becomes dad. Bio father becomes more and more alienated. He drinks more and his pain may feel inappropriate to those looking on at a distance but it is real and he feels handcuffed because of laws and well, other things. False abuse allegations to further the distance and create a situation where questioning her actions mean questioning claims of abuse, etc. my husband and I hate hearing the girls get called daughter by strange men and affectionate "I love my dad" comments from his sisters after knowing said guy for a month. It creates instability, confusion, low self esteem and countless other problems. Now that they are teens these problems are becoming more evident. We are constantly reiterating their strength and their ability to have control over their own lives, that they can control who they love and call dad, not who forces that title above them. We know they will grow up to be amazing women, because my husband overcame his childhood, but to ignore the repercussions can be even worse.

When I turned 16/17/18 I became more vocal wih my father (who is comparative to JH here) and became less afraid to express my point of view and defend my mother. It negatively affected our relationship for a long time and there were a few moments of violence attributed to these conversations (on both sides, to be totally fair) I could speculate that AJ was developing her own voice (WH himself said she was tough) and that created problems within the home..

I have no idea what went on in AJ's home or whether the accounts made my ZH are accurate. I just feel based on my own experience in my own life that it feels like a complicated & messy situation and I hope AJ had somebody looking out for her outside of the home. Sorry for the rant but I think it's important to really address this about the home. And then you add on inconsitencies, silence from mom, etc and it just feels weird.

Whether stranger, abduction or gone by her own will I feel for AJ and the pain she has undoubtedly experienced. It's really amazing and motivating to see her smile shine through and to learn about all she has accomplished and planned on accomplishing. I hope she is safe and this beautiful, smart & inspiring young lady will come home soon.

Thanks for sharing. My current husband is not my DS bio father. However, he has been the one constant father figure in his life for going on 11 years now. He does not call him dad --but his first name--, and I don't think ever will even though I think in his heart that is how he feels about him. He loves and respects him more than his bio dad. As for my wonderful stepsons. They have always called me by my first name as well and I am fine with that. They have their mom who they lived with and I would never want to step on those boundaries ever.

One more thing I wanted to add about something JH has said. She talked about receiving the text from AJ saying that she wasn't ready to come home yet. JH doesn't seem to question WHY she wouldn't be "ready to come home yet". That is the sort of thing you say when you are upset, imo... "I'm pissed/hurt/emotional and I'm not ready to come home yet." JH just seemed to have taken that statement as a matter of fact. So, did they have a fight? Did something go down that JH KNEW AJ was upset over? I think so.

MOO

Still wondering about WH's comment about the red truck being moved from one side of the driveway to the other. Assuming that what he is saying is that the red truck was discovered parked on the other side of the driveway, when AJ customarily parked on one particular side, then are we to assume that the position of the truck in the news videos (left side of driveway) is unusual? In news video's I've seen after AJ's disappearance, we see a certain family member's white vehicle parked on the right, and the red truck parked on the left. The reason I am going down this avenue of query is because most people I know are creatures of habit. I park in the same spot, so does my husband...so do most people I know. So if it's true that the truck AJ normally drove was parked in a different spot in the driveway, I have to wonder if she did that because there was another vehicle in her normal parking spot. See what I'm getting at? A neighbor allegedly saw a white vehicle parked in the driveway...but if this vehicle was following AJ to the house, wouldn't she still have pulled into her usual spot? Unless, of course, the white car beat her to the house, or another vehicle was in her spot.

Great point. I thought that at one point too but never really went anywhere with it. We are creatures of parking habit at our house as well. But what side of the driveway is closest to the door. Maybe she was thinking she would just parking closest side of the driveway to the door and run in to get something and was planning on leaving before whoever usually parks in that usual spot. I have done this with my hubby's spot because his is closest to the door but I knew I wouldn't be there long.

I believe that WH is saying that the truck moved from the left side of the driveway when it was seen by the neighbor, to the right side when they later came home. Also, (according to WH) the neighbor saw the white car parked "behind" the red truck while the red truck was in the driveway. Sort of blocking it in I guess. Of course that could also mean someone in the white car who was following the driver of the red truck and did not recognize that there was enough room in the driveway to park alongside of it. I believe another poster here remarked how the driveway did not look big enough for two cars.

To recap: (I interpret from WH) Neighbor saw truck parked on left side of driveway with white car parked behind it. Never saw anyone in the truck or car. Later truck was in driveway by itself, but was on right side of driveway.

WH's interview was a little weird. Apparently he was given questions in advance, as he sort of noted that the interviewer went off script. Never got too much into the question about who owns the white car.

Is anyone searching for AJ? I see fundraising and bickering. But is anyone searching?

Fact: This is my inaugural post.

Fact: This may be long but hopefully not unwelcome because of the lack of any new information recently.

Now that we have the "facts" out of the way....there certainly seems to be more questions with almost no confirmed answers from the police. I, like I believe most on this site do, try to remain objective. I cannot stand hearing "he/she is not acting like someone who just lost someone close." People respond to stress and terrible news in a myriad of ways. With that said, when someone actually interjects themselves into an investigation (i.e. launching independent search parties or giving interviews stating "facts" with no supporting evidence or sources, etc) it raises red flags. Also the incredibly detailed yet still evolving "factual timeline" is an oddity that would be irresponsible to overlook. The police are aware of this like the people on here are. I suspect that is partially why we have not be told officially of any one who is, or maybe more importantly, who is not a Person of Interest.

So why aren't we hearing from police? Quite frankly, it is probably because they don't need the public's help. Unlike early on in the Hannah Graham investigation, it would appear they (Norfolk PD) know who the main cast of characters are in AJ's case. When Hannah disappeared the family was not there and her friends appeared to have good alibis. Police needed the public to help identify those seen on camera with her. It would stand to reason that if there was foul play, the Norfolk police are confident it is someone she knew and that there isn't some stranger lurking in the shadows nabbing teenage girls at random. Furthermore, if there was someone stalking her while she was away at school, it seems counterintuitive to wait until she is home in Norfolk around many many familiar faces.

Lastly, I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life. In VB, Norfolk, and neighboring Chesapeake there are about a million people. BUT...if you drive about 30-45 min south you will find yourself in the country. Drive "an hour away" and its Very Likely you'll find yourself across state lines in North Carolina. And yes, in case you were wondering, the FBI does have a field office in Norfolk. Maybe thats why Norfolk PD has gone radio silent.

Apologies if there was any etiquette issues. And of course what you just read was just my humble opinion.

Fact: This may be long but hopefully not unwelcome because of the lack of any new information recently.

Now that we have the "facts" out of the way....there certainly seems to be more questions with almost no confirmed answers from the police. I, like I believe most on this site do, try to remain objective. I cannot stand hearing "he/she is not acting like someone who just lost someone close." People respond to stress and terrible news in a myriad of ways. With that said, when someone actually interjects themselves into an investigation (i.e. launching independent search parties or giving interviews stating "facts" with no supporting evidence or sources, etc) it raises red flags. Also the incredibly detailed yet still evolving "factual timeline" is an oddity that would be irresponsible to overlook. The police are aware of this like the people on here are. I suspect that is partially why we have not be told officially of any one who is, or maybe more importantly, who is not a Person of Interest.

So why aren't we hearing from police? Quite frankly, it is probably because they don't need the public's help. Unlike early on in the Hannah Graham investigation, it would appear they (Norfolk PD) know who the main cast of characters are in AJ's case. When Hannah disappeared the family was not there and her friends appeared to have good alibis. Police needed the public to help identify those seen on camera with her. It would stand to reason that if there was foul play, the Norfolk police are confident it is someone she knew and that there isn't some stranger lurking in the shadows nabbing teenage girls at random. Furthermore, if there was someone stalking her while she was away at school, it seems counterintuitive to wait until she is home in Norfolk around many many familiar faces.

Lastly, I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life. In VB, Norfolk, and neighboring Chesapeake there are about a million people. BUT...if you drive about 30-45 min south you will find yourself in the country. Drive "an hour away" and its Very Likely you'll find yourself across state lines in North Carolina. And yes, in case you were wondering, the FBI does have a field office in Norfolk. Maybe thats why Norfolk PD has gone radio silent.

Apologies if there was any etiquette issues. And of course what you just read was just my humble opinion.

Great first post and :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

Fact: Excellent first post!
And welcome.

I was a young child while living in Norfolk, so my frame of reference is limited. I never drove around the city myself. I recognized the names of streets bandied about here, and spent some time reorienting myself to the scale of the city, the places with which I was familiar. I mapped Aj's neighborhood to my childhood home and was surprised how close I actually lived. It gives me a better feel for things, but I'm still feeling disjointed from my old memories riding in the back of the station wagon and trying to connect that to a 2d map.

The botanical gardens there are another larger green area, but I don't think they would be as easily accessed.

FACT: Welcome to Websleuths. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member