VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is my thought of the morning... You have WH, who is no stranger to the law or the system. I'm sure during his time in the clink he has learned even more.

Why if he was going to plant evidence would he involve 4 teenage boys and possibly others. He knows enough that the more people know of something, the more weak links there are to help the chain break.

Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't agree that they were afraid. I think they might have had a bit of idol worship and felt *important* that they were having a significant part in finding AJ. I think WH fostered this feeling of the inner circle brain trust--a much more effective way to keep the group together and inline. He was really upset that the police may have broken the circle because they were "hard" on the boys. I think the boys may just have been afraid of police and jail, they are all majors now, I assume. So they ratted him out in self-preservation.

My thought exactly on why the boys spoke... Police pressure

Have any locals taken a drive down Station Rd? There is a large body of water right at the end...and it's a dead end rd with nothing around. Right down the road from where the clothing items were found and Bob's Fishing Hole.

If I were still local, I'd drive down there myself. :(

IMO, we're going to find her close to where the clothes were found. I think that was his plan all along...find the clothes, lead a search of the surrounding area, stumble on the body. But that plan got burned by his arrest.

My thing is ... if WH is framing someone, who is he framing and what is that person doing right now? How do they feel? Does LE know who's right?

So here is my thought of the morning... You have WH, who is no stranger to the law or the system. I'm sure during his time in the clink he has learned even more.

Why if he was going to plant evidence would he involve 4 teenage boys and possibly others. He knows enough that the more people know of something, the more weak links there are to help the chain break.

Because they are easily manipulated and he thinks he can control them? Just a guess.

Because they are easily manipulated and he thinks he can control them? Just a guess.

I can see that he might think that, but it's not his first rodeo and he knows the less witnesses the better.

Unless he is having a full on manic swing I just have a hard time accepting he was there to plant evidence with that many people knowing about it.

Hey guys, this is my 2nd post. Thank you so much to the person who spent ages transcribing the interview. I started working late last night on statement analysis of WH's words, but it was exhausting emotionally. I want to do more but need to clean my kitchen before hubby comes home ;-) I just am so worried for AJ. If you read this link you'll find out what statement analysis is: http://www.lsiscan.com/id33.htm

From Wikipedia:"Statement analysis, also called investigative discourse analysis, and scientific content analysis (SCAN) is a technique for analyzing the words people use. Proponents claim this technique can be used to detect concealed information, missing information, and whether the information that person has provided is true or false.[1][2][3]"

"Sapir says that a fundamental principle of statement analysis is that "denying guilt is not the same as denying the act. When one says 'I am not guilty' or 'I am innocent,' they are not denying the act; they are only denying guilt." Sapir claims that it is almost impossible for a guilty person to say "I didn't do it." He asserts that guilty people tend to speak in even greater circumlocutions by saying things like "I had nothing to do with it" or "I am not involved in that."[1][2]

Proponents say statement analysis has proven highly effective as a police interrogation technique."

WH has at no point issued a reliable denial. Lying causes stress, so people try to tell as much truth as they can, while leaving out details. The truth however leaks out. The rule, according to Peter from http://.blogspot.com/, we only believe what someone tells us. No more, no less. Our brains are programmed to interpret what people say, so frequently we believe someone had claimed they "didn't do it" when they did not say that. Saying "I would never" instead of "did not" often indicates a person is being deceptive. In order to avoid the stress, the brain in the milliseconds it takes to process the info and speak chooses the most truth they can get away with saying. Either answering yes or no, or parroting back the interviewers language helps reduce the stress of lying. Like WH did when specifically asked if he did something to AJ...

I'm going to post what I've done so far after I figure out the formatting. I saved a copy on Google docs & have been editing it.

:welcome: Elliegrl! :seeya:

Without being very knowledgeable about statement analysis myself...

Even I was struck by how WH did not fully answer the question the reporter posed regarding his involvement in the disappearance of AJ... He seemed to "dance" all around the answer...IMO...

Thank you for this insight into statement analysis!

I don't think he told them he was planting evidence. I think he needed their help ---to call in the tips to LE, for example. But he would have said he FOUND the evidence and needed their help to get the home searched.

I am sure he did not want to involve others but he had no choice. He couldn't call it in himself.

I don't think he told them he was planting evidence. I think he needed their help ---to call in the tips to LE, for example. But he would have said he FOUND the evidence and needed their help to get the home searched.

I am sure he did not want to involve others but he had no choice. He couldn't call it in himself.

Those were my thoughts exactly, Katy.

I can see that he might think that, but it's not his first rodeo and he knows the less witnesses the better.

Unless he is having a full on manic swing I just have a hard time accepting he was there to plant evidence with that many people knowing about it.

I don't think they knew he was planting anything. They all probably thought he was helping by 'searching' for evidence, just like he always says. JMO

I didn't mean to infer they knew he was planting evidence, I just meant to tell them at all he broke in.

He could have worked them up over his suspensions and have them go to hang out with the person at his house and to try to see if they can spot anything.

Just trying to work through any angles.

I didn't mean to infer they knew he was planting evidence, I just meant to tell them at all he broke in.

He could have worked them up over his suspensions and have them go to hang out with the person at his house and to try to see if they can spot anything.

Just trying to work through any angles.

You're thinking logically and rationally. We know from reading WH's past history that he does not always do so. He is rash, impulsive and foolish to a fault.

IMO< he needed this tip called in ASAP. No time to waste. So all he needed to do was tell the friends, who wanted so badly to help find AJ, that he did a noble thing and searched the 'bad' kids home. They thought of him as a hero for that. Just like much of the public still does now too.

This confirms it's definitely her. She's the one right in front of the camera who's hand is front and center of most of that video. At 0:15, you can see the blue BringAJHome bracelet on her right hand.

Regardless, I think it's really irresponsible to draw any conclusions, particularly negative conclusions, about her because she was filmed doing her job at that game.

For clarification, photography is not her primary method of employment. It's a hobby, a secondary job at best.

The only conclusion I'm drawing is that the behavior could stem from her knowing there is no reasonable expectation of her coming home alive. I do not, in ANY way, believe JH had anything to do with the disappearance. There is no evidence to suggest it, there is no history to suggest it. My thoughts are simply that if JH and the family know AJ isn't coming home, it would help to explain the behavior, the lack of public pleading, the lack of statements, and the ability to attend events like the basketball game. I'm absolutely not implying or inferring any sinister motives or actions, perhaps just justifications for actions (or perceived inactions).

I think the friends were 'encouraged' to go the guy WH suspects, and were 'encouraged' to look for evidence. When they didn't see anything, or report the jacket, because IMO it wasn't even AJ's jacket, then WH might have said he KNEW the jacket was there because he saw it, blah blah blah...and then 'encouraged' someone to call the police. He could have easily gotten all the friends in major trouble!!! At least two of the boys were staying at AJ's house for week after she went missing. At least that's what they said. So that's a LOT of time with WH leading, coaching, etc.

I don't know many kids that want to 'hang' with adults, especially the parents of your friend. My kid's friends might go shopping with us, or I'd drop them off at a movie, but they wouldn't want to come 'hang' with me. My kids don't go 'hang' with their friends' parents either. I even asked my daughter about that, and she said only the partiers would do such, and that's hang with parents that supplied alcohol or weed to them. She said it felt creepy to her that teens would want to hang with 'old folks' as she calls parents. JMO!

Well those moments of worry pop up for anyone, and if it's your kid, I'm sure those moments are panic stricken to even think you might not see your child alive ever again. But in the majority of the cases we see here, even when there is physical evidence that the child isn't alive, the brain doesn't allow them to comprehend and accept that until much later. Not that there is a 'normal' way of responding or whatever. Heck, if I'm missing a dog my first instinct is "OMG I hope it didn't get in the road!!" instead of "well it might be sleeping in the sun somewhere"....yet I've found the dog sleeping in the sun more times than I've found a dog in the road.

Don't give up on hope until there is no other choice!!!!

You just can't!!!! No matter grim it might seem at times, unless you can PROVE there is no hope, then hope is all you have!!!

Again, we have NO facts to say anything sinister has happened to AJ!!! Suspicion YES... but nothing concrete to say she's not safe, or not alive. Unless that happens, then AJ is ALIVE and CAN COME HOME!!!

Back in the 90s, Manic Depressive Disorder was poorly understood and a lot of people were misdiagnosed as manic when their issues were more complex. Since then, several subsets of personality disorders have come about that can more succinctly target individuals with variation in their behavior and way of processing information so that treatment is more effective. It is also important not to confuse Bi-Polar I(the psychotic kind) with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). The most important and distinct difference between these is that the first is a chemical imbalance and the other is a brain disorder. BiPolar is also an over-affluence in emotions without the ability to regulate, whereas BPD often exhibits a distinct lack of empathy and is often confused with narcissism. In both cases, severe and intense mood swings can happen, with BPD being rage. I would categorize WH as someone that is closer to the BPD side than the Bi-Polar side, but it is that incredibly hard to tell without a lot of interaction and therapy. Most importantly, someone with BPD is much more likely to lie, obfuscate and commit murder or crime than someone who is Bi-Polar, who is more likely to harm themselves.

http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F60.3

I found the court document to be very enlightening. It goes to show that just because someone has a long rap sheet does not mean the crimes were as heinously committed as they sound. If WH is our guy, this was not planned to end like this and I believe he will confess once it settles in that he is going to prison for the rest of his life anyway, especially if they offer him something like 3rd degree. He has awhile until his hearing. If he is still claiming not-guilty after that point, I think we will need to take that seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14