VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this photo shows the area where the search party last Saturday congregated. now keep in mind that the lot is now clear of all the debris in the photo. This area is pitch black at night and is where I believe the shorts were found because of the way he described driving in the interview to wavy

image.jpg

I couldn't say much about this earlier, but like many of you, I had suspicions for a while that WH was into cocaine. This really scares me and gives me a worse feeling for AJ. Is this what you were hinting to us, Zach, about knowing even more about Wes than you could share?

Having dealt with coke abusers in counseling/court situations, the anger and incredible mood swings (was this why he was labeled as bipolar initially, I wonder?) are marked in these individuals. I feel like this helps me to understand a possible motive and WH's personality during this time frame :(

http://wtkr.com/2015/03/28/body-found-in-virginia-beach-swamp/

Virginia Beach, Va. (WTKR) – The Virginia Beach Police Department is investigating after possible human remains were*found in a swampy area off Virginia Beach Boulevard early Saturday afternoon.Around 2:35 p.m., police received a call of*the possible discovery of*human remains in the 1100 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard near Birdneck Road.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/28/possible-human-remains-found-in-va-beach/

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Virginia Beach detectives are investigating the discovery of possible human remains found Saturday on the 1100 block of Virginia Beach Blvd.

Here is a map of the area.

http://goo.gl/maps/bZ3v5

Keep in mind I don't know if this is related to AJ or not. They are still confirming details.

http://wtkr.com/2015/03/28/body-found-in-virginia-beach-swamp/

Virginia Beach, Va. (WTKR) – The Virginia Beach Police Department is investigating after possible human remains were*found in a swampy area off Virginia Beach Boulevard early Saturday afternoon.Around 2:35 p.m., police received a call of*the possible discovery of*human remains in the 1100 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard near Birdneck Road.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/28/possible-human-remains-found-in-va-beach/

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Virginia Beach detectives are investigating the discovery of possible human remains found Saturday on the 1100 block of Virginia Beach Blvd.

Here is a map of the area.

http://goo.gl/maps/bZ3v5

Keep in mind I don't know if this is related to AJ or not. They are still confirming details.
My hearts in my throat

What I know specifically comes from ZH's bio daughters. I have not asked them how AJ took the separation, but knowing the family, she would have taken her mom's side of things.

Since the separation was so close to AJs homecoming, I'm wondering if she told her mom that she didn't want WH at the house when she came home for her spring-break.

One thing I don't really buy is that the kid's house whom Wes broke into was on drugs. If this is the same kid that recently went to boot camp I don't think he would risk his future military carrier. They do a major physical right at MEPs before the leave for boot camp.

It is the same kid (WH broke in to his house and he is now at boot camp) he lives on a different street than AJ does.
I don't believe he is/was on drugs either. He left for boot camp on the 10th of March. He seems like a really sweet kid and he has a girlfriend he seems to love and vice versa.
He was posting by 7 pm on March 3rd saying it had come to his attention that AJ had "faded away for a moment" and "no one could find her" and he was asking for anyone who knew
where she was to please tell her mother. Then on March 5th he posted a video montage of AJ and said everyone wanted her home, everyone missed her. And ask people to share it.
Then later that night on March 5th he stated something about being at Police Stations are fun and his mom answered, that's not funny. and he said I know mom.
(paraphrasing) Hope I don't get in trouble for posting that. If it's not allowed, would a mod kindly delete.

They changed the flier on the bringajhome facebook page.

Another thing!!!! Its says "we just want her home safe" make me wonder if they know maybe she is being held by someone. But idk! Agh its so frustrating!

I know this article/video of JH yelling at reporters from channel 3 has been discussed: http://wtkr.com/2015/03/26/mother-of-missing-norfolk-teen-leave-us-alone/

I just have to say I watched the video again and re-read the article. It really bothers me. I have followed many missing person cases. To have a mother turn the media away just weeks into your missing daughter's disappearance is bothersome to me. I'm using the word "bothersome" to be polite. There are so many children that go missing every day in America and many of those get little to zero air time. What a difference the media can make! Many parents of missing kids would be thrilled to have their local media show up at their door steps asking about their missing child.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I'm just speculating/giving my opinion on one reason why JH would turn channel 3 away. (A few things went through my mind so this is just one.) I can understand to a certain extent why JH would perhaps get annoyed very quickly if a reporter started asking her questions regarding WH. We know and JH knows that WH would come up and that is because (IMO) like it or not it is relevant to her daughter's case. With that being said I would not let that deter me in the least bit from speaking with the media.

I would be holding a missing flier in my hand of my daughter. Every time I was asked something in relation to WH I would say something to the effect of "My daughter, AJ, is missing and she is my sole focus. She is what is important here. I'm not going to take any time or attention away from my daughter's disappearance. All I want to talk about is my daughter and beg our community to please call the tip line if you have any info at all..help me bring my daughter home, etc...."
It is beyond me that JH yelled at the reporters to "leave us alone" and then called the cops on them. It makes me all the more sad for AJ. My heart aches for AJ.

Though per the BringAJHome facebook page there is a balloon release scheduled for March 30th. One would think that just weeks into your daughter's disappearance that the focus would be getting AJ's info out via the media. The media can do, imo, a lot for a missing persons case. A balloon release is nice and all but I don't think that is going to help to find AJ in the least bit. I absolutely understand that all people handle things differently especially when it comes to a tragic situation as this. JH's actions or lack thereof are making me uncomfortable. Again, trying to use descriptive words that are not too harsh because that is not how I want to come across.

This is one of the quotes from the article that bothers me:

"Meanwhile, police have spent hundreds of man-hours looking for clues in AJ’s disappearance. However, her mother made it clear to us she does not want our help."

Who could turn away any help and again especially help from the media when your daughter is missing? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Everything except the link and the quote above from the linked article is ALL my opinion.
Praying for AJ and for her sisters as well. :praying:

couldn't have said it better myself. everyone grieves differently, but WHY turn away the media. even if they're not keeping the focus on AJ, she could've refused to entertain any questions not regarding her daughter.

This is from the jailhouse rock document. By the way WH makes it sound is like the shorts were just laying on the side of the ride and they spotted those while driving around and they got out and looked around.

JF: On Battlefield Blvd?

WH: Yes sir on Battlefield Blvd. We turn around and come back up and all of the sudden something blue is on the side of the road, it’s obviously a clothing item. I don’t care what it is - we are looking for that, for clothing items, period. It’s the first clothing item we physically saw. We pulled over, the other stuff you couldn’t see from the road, but there was a pair of blue shorts, Norview softball cos Colin kicked them over to see and it said norview on them. Our hearts dropped. Ya know?

" But, dang, you know...sure we...umm...not my wife, she wasn't there, but the friends...well, we saw that lime green blanket...well, I say it was a blanket, maybe I, I mean it...well, we knew that wasn't what we tossed...umm...passed, well yes, we PASSED it, but what I mean to say is that, well, we knew AJ didn't have a lime green blanket because...and then, we saw the blue shorts. I guess they were shorts. I mean we didn't know then that they were...what they were...you know? And then C kicked them over."

Blah blah blah blah blah.

OK, I'll play, I thought AJ sent the 4:30 text to her mother not vice versa.

Anytime I have seen LE not issue a press conference it has been because they already know who did it, they just like to have their ducks in a row and prefer to have the body. The police doesn't need the public's help so there is no need for the conference. This also tells me it is someone close to AJ and not some random stranger who would be a threat to the rest of the public, if that was the case there would be a presser.

Agree, family or friend, someone close to AJ. Anytime I have seen a stranger abduction in brood daylight it's been a crime of opportunity, pushed in a van, grabbed off a bike trail etc. Any cases I hear of someone breaking into a home and murdering someone, the stranger just leaves the body there, they don't bother to remove it if they have nothing tying them to the victim. All jmo from what I've seen in the past.

From AJ's Twitter feed, it seemed as though AJ's boyfriend's feelings may have been cooling off a bit, she seemed disappointed or sad at the lack of time they were spending together at times. I find it's the more intense/passionate boyfriends that snap and harm their partner, like Wesley with his ex wife.

According to police, he had ammunition and told them they'd never find the gun, he broke into a home, punched a dog, told 4 kids to lie to police and threatened them that they better not tell, told police he was using drugs, had evidence of drugs in his room...etc etc etc... This wasn't just air horns silly, and he didn't suspect the 4 kids of harming AJ.

Maybe the truck was moved to the other side of the driveway so someone could back their work van up nice and close?

I don't think AJ would take sports bras and training shorts with a knee brace to go party or hang out with friends.

See above re. stranger abductions. I also don't think it's either of the 2 witnesses, if they did it, why say they saw her at all?

The police always have to say they don't suspect foul play in a missing adult case unless there is an obvious crime scene. A good percentage of missing persons cases I have followed started out that way. Pretty standard.

I am sure they checked all kinds of video, more than we know right now.

As a bonus I'll add in creepy text guy. I don't suspect him after seeing the help me with the cute emoji, it reminds me of when I worked at a pub, guys would get crushes on us girls the odd time and it would be awkward a bit, so we'd look at each other with pleading eyes and beg each other to swap tables or sections. Those guys were harmless, the real scary guys weren't handled between just us girls, those guys had to deal with the 6'4 250 lb bouncer. If AJ was scared I doubt she would just have laughed about it to her cousin. She seems to have a ton of close large male friends she could have gone to.

I like to look at every possibility, the problem here though is, WH has made it doubly hard. I find that not only do I have to come up with another theory/suspect that makes sense, but I also need a theory to explain WH's behavior if it's not guilt.

[modsnip] I don't think that human traffickers or crazy strangers stole her away. Like most pretty young women that age who are harmed, I think she was harmed by someone she knows, and who knows her family's routine. I'm gonna go with the recently estranged drug addict step Daddy that likes to control and overpower women, harm animals and threaten people. The one who smirked when he talked about the police's theory of AJ "blossoming". Nope, no creativity here, just your typical run of the mill sex offender who hurts the ones he has access to.

sorry guys playing catch up from today. i love your points made above, couldn't agree more.
can you please clarify what i bolded?? thought we had no details regarding texts.

They changed the flier on the bringajhome facebook page.

Does it weird anyone else out that they keep creating so many different fliers? What is the point of that? The only reason one would need to update a missing poster is if there is new information that could help a search, right?

If only that put as much effort into organizing actual searches...

JMO, for some reason it just really bothers me that there is a new missing poster every other day.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but could AJ be in that storage unit? If so could she still be alive? I hope someone has checked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth