VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jumping WAY ahead of my reading, but when I saw this I freaked out. Can someone please clarify this charge for me? Does this mean Pretty Dog is either dead or permanently disabled?!

Would love to clarify but that's as much as we all know. Just checked the inmate info and there's been no new charges added so... your guess is as good as anyone's.

Where do we have the info about the scholarship? I don't remember seeing that from a source. Thanks.

I suppose but I'm thinking of 18 yr old girl! In her senrio, college, full ride, athlete, dorm living etc. If you have the world in front of you, why would be thinking about baby stuff? OK maybe the quilt, but to tell boy or girl? And those are the only two on there. Both 5 months ago. 4 months before disappearing, she would have been just about showing... Plus if her mom was drilling in her to not make her mistake, even more reason to not be thinking of it. Right. Idk. Jmo

Two of my daughters are 16 and 17 and they post fun baby stuff all the time. Neither are preggo and neither are married. I don't think it's uncommon at all, or anything out of the ordinary.

Forgot to add that she pinned it 5 moths ago... Plus i also found a baby quilt made of babies first onies. That was also pinned 5 months ago. What 18 college student would be thinking of these things?

I can honestly say, being a college kid, i do have a pinterest boards for my future kids... It's just something you dream about & see all the cute things on pinterest & just make a board!

I'm jumping WAY ahead of my reading, but when I saw this I freaked out. Can someone please clarify this charge for me? Does this mean Pretty Dog is either dead or permanently disabled?!

It's not possible to entirely clarify it unless there is some documentation of the exact section of the animal cruelty statute he is charged under. That list of outstanding warrants (here http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details_plus.asp?letter=h) does not specify. My guess is he was charged under §3.2-6570(A) after confessing on TV to punching the dog; I do not think the dog has had further complications or passed away because of the punch.

Here's the relevant part of the statute IMO:
§ 3.2-6570. Cruelty to animals; penalty.
A. Any person who: (i) . . . cruelly or unnecessarily beats . . . any animal, whether belonging to himself or another . . . is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+3.2-6570

It's not possible to entirely clarify it unless there is some documentation of the exact section of the animal cruelty statute he is charged under. That list of outstanding warrants (here http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details_plus.asp?letter=h) does not specify. My guess is he was charged under §3.2-6570(A) after confessing on TV to punching the dog; I do not think the dog has had further complications or passed away because of the punch.

Right, but what concerns me is the wording of the statute, added to the fact that this incident happened on March 8 (?) but the charge happens much later. I've always wondered why WH would tell LE that he punched the dog...now I'm starting to think that the dog was so seriously injured that it was immediately obvious she had been attacked.

ETA: The house in question does have ADT, though, so it's POSSIBLE that there was video. ADT does offer that option.

Right, but what concerns me is the wording of the statute, added to the fact that this incident happened on March 8 (?) but the charge happens much later. I've always wondered why WH would tell LE that he punched the dog...now I'm starting to think that the dog was so seriously injured that it was immediately obvious she had been attacked.

ETA: The house in question does have ADT, though, so it's POSSIBLE that there was video. ADT does offer that option.

Maybe he told someone (witnesses) he punched the dog but there was no way for LE to prove it until Wes came out and admitted it on tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he told someone (witnesses) he punched the dog but there was no way for LE to prove it until Wes came out and admitted it on tape.

Maybe.

(((((Pretty Dog))))) ~ Hope you are well, Sweetie.

Where do we have the info about the scholarship? I don't remember seeing that from a source. Thanks.

I'd like to know this too. She would not have any ride for softball since she was NOT on the main softball (NCAA) team but just on their club team.

Can someone explain to me why the family is doing a balloon release today?? I've seen this for memorials but have never heard of it for a missing person. Is this usually done? Seems weird to me...

Another thought on the alleged money...

Around February 6 AJ was tweeting about wanting to go to Sports Authority while she was on spring break. Most of that conversation is out of bounds but she mentioned that she needed running shoes – she even posted a pic of a pair of Nikes that she apparently liked.

If she met with WH and if she asked for money maybe it was to buy new running shoes. It makes more sense than the gopro. OTOH it makes no sense that WH would come up with a 200 word garbled “explanation” for the money if it was for something as mundane as a pair of shoes.

But I do wonder if she ever made it to Sports Authority that weekend and if so when. And why not use her bank card? Sigh. Too many questions too few answers...

https://twitter.com/anjelicamariee/status/563883244626907136

Thank you for the citation. I noticed that if found guilty that part of the penalties could include a forced psychiatric evaluation. Something he may very well be overdue for.

Can someone explain to me why the family is doing a balloon release today?? I've seen this for memorials but have never heard of it for a missing person. Is this usually done? Seems weird to me...

My guess is that it is the community's way of doing something to lift morale, keep things positive. WE know how and why balloon releases are usually done, but keep in mind, these are folks who don't follow missing person cases to the extent that we do. Brand new territory for them. I think it's a genuine gesture, and don't read anything into it. JMO

I'd like to know this too. She would not have any ride for softball since she was NOT on the main softball (NCAA) team but just on their club team.

I am pretty sure that ZH said it. And it would have been an academic scholarship. Since she was a valedictorian I believe that was the case.

I am pretty sure that ZH said it. And it would have been an academic scholarship. Since she was a valedictorian I believe that was the case.

Someone recently posted that she was NOT valedictorian. I will look back through Zach's posts and bump if I find anything relevant.

Thank you for the citation. I noticed that if found guilty that part of the penalties could include a forced psychiatric evaluation. Something he may very well be overdue for.

Thank you! I didn't even notice that.

Norview's valedictorian for 2014 was John Herrick. Highest GPA in the history of Norview. AJ was a 2014 grad, correct?

5a95b04634001299723a515dfb32ffbc.jpg

I've never heard of it being done for a missing person but I'm guessing someone mentioned it to the family and they thought it would be a good way to raise awareness of her being missing. Just speculating on that.

Norview's valedictorian for 2014 was someone with the initials JH. Highest GPA in the history of Norview. AJ was a 2014 grad, correct?

Yes, 2014. I confirmed her graduation date through a Norfolk Public Schools YouTube video of the graduation. She was on stage and walks at 42 min in. Valedictorian is most definitely someone else. She has honors sash, but no honors cords (which surprised me from her grad pics, actually).

I have been unable to confirm that Zach has ever posted anything about AJ having a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyaC