VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not getting the outstanding warrant thing. I see that it was issued on Saturday but the description in this section says:

If you know the location of person listed, please contact CRIME LINE at 1-888-LOCK-U-Up (1-888-562-5887). If you cannot locate the desired name on the webpage, the person either never had a warrant or the warrant has been served.

Do not attempt to arrest or detain these individuals yourself. When calling please offer the following information:...

The associated mugshot is different too - he's got more hair for one thing. Could this be a different, older incident?

http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person.asp
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details.asp?letter=H
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Mugshots/1688109.jpg

It's an automated system when they enter the warrant it sync to their wanted website. The warrant is most likely in Booking waiting to be served on him. Usually takes a few days after issued to be served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom and younger sisters living at the family home, AJ away at school coming home on weekends.
Not yet verified but rumor has it mom & step dad had been separated about 3 weeks prior to AJ coming home the last time.
Step-dad living in a motel 5 minutes away.
No previous history of child abuse we're aware of, but definitely a previous history of violence toward others.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Is is it certain that WH was living in a hotel? Because if so, it's got to be more than rumor that the parents weren't together, or having problems, right?

Also, how is insider Zach connected to the case? (Hi Zach!)

TIA!!!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it?

Is is it certain that WH was living in a hotel? Because if so, it's got to be more than rumor that the parents weren't together, or having problems, right?

TIA!!!!

Yes had been confirmed. WTKR has his arrest warrants and list the hotel room.

I'm really not getting the outstanding warrant thing. I see that it was issued on Saturday but the description in this section says:

If you know the location of person listed, please contact CRIME LINE at 1-888-LOCK-U-Up (1-888-562-5887). If you cannot locate the desired name on the webpage, the person either never had a warrant or the warrant has been served.

Do not attempt to arrest or detain these individuals yourself. When calling please offer the following information:...

The associated mugshot is different too - he's got more hair for one thing. Could this be a different, older incident?

http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person.asp
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details.asp?letter=H
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Mugshots/1688109.jpg

I could barely handle him harming one dog, let alone two. Let's hope it's for the most recent incident. :(

In regards to the valedictorian issue, not sure how it matters to her missing, but doesn't always just apply to one person in the class. I know that many schools have multiple valedictorians. It is totally possible that she was given the honor and not ranked #1 in the class.

I was trying to clarify the scholarship issue, because some feel she would not walk away from a full scholarship. Then the valedictorian issue came up, but I'd already seen someone comment that that was false. Trying to clarify what is factual and what is rumor in this case. Still not sure about whether she received a scholarship (which I totally believe) versus a full scholarship (which could be true or mistaken).

Starting over and getting scholarships is not difficult depending on how it is pursued, so walking away from a or many small scholarships may be easy while walking away from a full scholarship might cause a bigger hesitation to do so.

TIA!!!!

WH entered Aj's life at 2010. Until then, Zach was her stepfather and raised her from toddlerhood.

I'll bump you a previous post with links. I highly recommend you read through the links. It will take less than an hour and everything will be much more confusing. I promise!

TIA!!!!

Yes, the hotel residence is certain, but for how long we still don't know for sure.
Zach is AJ's first step-dad, from the time she was 1 until she was 13.
Lots of family tension there between mom, Zach, and AJ and Zach, due (according to Zach) mom's influence.

I'm gonna try.

1st week: AJ is home on spring break, seen on Monday morning, March 2 at 7 am. By the next day, her mother, JH, receives a text that she's not ready to come home. She thinks it seems unlike her. She doesn't seem overly worried. AJ's debit card is found on separate days in pieces up the street.
End of first week into second: WH, the adoptive step-father, begins taking over the media appearances and telling more and more stories. Read interview transcript.

Ever since then, stories have been coming out here and there, and absolutely nothing is being verified by LE.

We know he is a felon with previous charges for kidnapping, felonious restraint, burglary, etc. Read this document on his record.

End of last week some clothes were found by WH after he "received a tip" in Chesapeake. Police spent several days combing the area. No confirmation from LE that these are AJ's.

WH got arrested at the same time for B&E, obstruction, and resisting arrest for activity occurring on March 6. The warrant is floating around somewhere. He was found with 72 rounds of 9mm ammo in his hotel room, which confirmed our speculation that he and AJ's mother have actually been separated.
Watch his jailhouse interview or read the transcript.

Because AJ had another name on her FB profile, we discovered she had another stepfather. He raised AJ from toddlerhood to early teens, and is the only family member acting like a grieving parent. He is our verified insider, Zach. He blogs at http://riverraging.blogspot.com/. He has been the target of JH's wrath for hanging his own fliers with more complete information about AJ's appearance and offering his own reward. They share two younger daughters.

That synopsis really doesn't capture the weirdness, back and forth, double- triple-speak stories and everything else going on. There is a small circle of friends, some vocal on SM relatives (and not in a good way), a lot of backlash from the family for anything that doesn't toe their party line. Basically just hang our fliers and leave us alone.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-7&p=11630312#post11630312

I don't think the links made the trip over, but you can access them from the original post linked.

I think that's the wrong code. It's most likely this one that I posted earlier:

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-144

The warrant is for "MAIMING OR KILLING OF ANIMALS OR FOWL"... The title of that code is pretty much the same as the text on the warrant site, and it makes it a class 1 misdemeanor for: "...otherwise cause bodily injury to.." "...a companion animal..."

It seems both code sections are applicable, perhaps this one is easier to get a conviction on.

Could that possibly be for dog fighting or *advertiser censored* fighting?

I just read this article, did I totally miss something or is this just really poor and inaccurate writing? WH was arrested and transported to the jail AND it states he was being held for resisting arrest by threat of force. I thought he took himself in for questioning and then was arrested, and I never read resisting arrest before. (It is totally possible that I am completely confused...I have read so much.)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...n=Feed:+NydnRss+(Top+Stories+-+NY+Daily+News)

WH claims he and AJ weren't too close lately (trying to deflect the idea that she would call him if she had a fight with her mom) but also claims she called him and asked for money.

If the police had ANY indication that she had left on her own, wouldn't they say that? I don't think she'd be a "runaway" since she's 18 but wouldn't they still indicate that they thought she may have left on her own? I've only followed a handful of cases here on WS so I honestly don't know.

Snipped for focus. I believe NPD originally did not suspect foul play, and they have amended that statement to now officially state "all avenues are being pursued." I take that to mean that they still believe it is possibly not foul play. Certain individuals have muddied the investigation to the point that we do not know what is real evidence and what is planted. I hope LE is clearer than we are!

Also, WH entered her life in 2010.

Hmm. So he's not her father. And when did she go away to college? What year? Does this mean she hasn't lived with WH much? How long did they live together?

And what is his history of violence? Thanks guys.

And is the mom being forthcoming?

It's becoming clearer.

Could that possibly be for dog fighting or *advertiser censored* fighting?

It could be anything, but the obvious is that he admitted to punching a dog in a news interview. I'm 99.9% certain that's what it is. He caused injury to a companion animal, got on TV and admitted it, and has now been appropriately charged.

Hmm. So he's not her father. And when did she go away to college? What year? Does this mean she hasn't lived with WH much? How long did they live together?

It's becoming clearer.

She's a freshman at LU. WH has been around for about 5 years. He's got a long criminal history. B&E, abduction, bank robbery. Links are around somewhere.

It's becoming clearer.

She's a freshman, so she would have started school in the Fall of last year.

WH has been there since 2010.

As far as his violent history, just read the threads. It's too much for me to type out here.

Zach is AJ's former stepfather, before Wes. Was in her life for over 10 years I believe.

So he must feel horrified right now. Poor guy.

WH entered Aj's life at 2010. Until then, Zach was her stepfather and raised her from toddlerhood.

I'll bump you a previous post with links. I highly recommend you read through the links. It will take less than an hour and everything will be much more confusing. I promise!

Yes, the hotel residence is certain, but for how long we still don't know for sure.
Zach is AJ's first step-dad, from the time she was 1 until she was 13.
Lots of family tension there between mom, Zach, and AJ and Zach, due (according to Zach) mom's influence.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-7&p=11630312#post11630312

I don't think the links made the trip over, but you can access them from the original post linked.

Great info! Thanks so much. I'm off to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966