VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Virginia have "guardian ad litem" or court-appointed special advocates? I don't know if it's something all states do or how it works, other than here in Iowa, an ex co-worker's children were appointed guardian ad litem(s) due to circumstances at home, and the guardian ad litem looked out for the best interest of her children, regardless what the adults involved thought about it or whether the adults wanted it or not, it still happened and that was the best thing that ever happened because the children were removed from the home and the other biological parent (their father) was able then to have full custody.

I don't think she tried to go back to school. Her stuff was still at JH house. And she had just left school and it was still Spring Break. Some schools make kids pay extra to stay in the dorms during breaks and they need to apply to do that ahead of time. And campus security would seen her.

To me he is acting more like a jealous boyfriend.
Jmo
st

Yes, Eileen - I most definitely have the strong pull that WH was infatuated with AJ. Is that what you mean? I hope I'm wrong but this scenario of her and her mom arguing (over money?) gives him a chance to be the big hero guy and offer her wheels and money, when all he really wanted was to get her to the hotel and get some drugs...change her mind/mood? Talk her into trying some. This is strictly MOO. I think he jumped at the chance to pick her up and let her stay at his hotel. I feel sure her phone pinged there. She may have wanted some of the party favors to "blow off steam" (don't kill me, she's 18 and I've personally been there, I know of what I speak). Hope I don't get time out. Did I sleuth somebody in a bad way? Sorry.

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry but that 12 second clip was ... I don't even know how to explain it. It was like a balloon release for the grand opening of a car dealership or the start of a sport season, not a balloon release being done because an 18 year old girl has literally disappeared for a month. People were laughing in the background like it was a joyous occasion. I'm just stunned. I really am.

Fine if JH wants to tell us that she thinks AJ is still "safe." Okay, fine. But she could be living on the streets, in danger, picked up by someone scary. Doesn't she worry about that??

In her interview from yesterday, I think it was, she was saying for people in the community to be more aware, to look in the car next to them at the stop light and look in.... blah, blah, blah.... almost like saying, "You know, if it isn't going out of your way, and you get the chance, and feel the inclination, you know, just peer at other cars in case she's joy-riding around town."

I thought it was odd when she released that photo montage/video with the Nickelback song with the lyrics "It's hard to say it, time to say it --Goodbye, goodbye." Who selects a song like that when a person is MISSING??
Who has a MEMORIAL balloon release for someone who is MISSING??

It's so sad. Are they even searching for her anymore?

Can someone send Jonni McElroy over to the Hadsell house please?

She looked like she was about to have an anxiety attack. I'm not one to give JH the benefit of the doubt, but she was talking so fast and in such an odd manner that I thought she was going to pass out if they asked her one more question. The boys seemed more relaxed.

I saw the "jaw grind." And that's all I'm going to say.

Does Virginia have "guardian ad litem" or court-appointed special advocates? I don't know if it's something all states do or how it works, other than here in Iowa, an ex co-worker's children were appointed guardian ad litem(s) due to circumstances at home, and the guardian ad litem looked out for the best interest of her children, regardless what the adults involved thought about it or whether the adults wanted it or not, it still happened and that was the best thing that ever happened because the children were removed from the home and the other biological parent (their father) was able then to have full custody.

Yes, we have guardian ad litems here. My ex wife went back to school to become one in this state after doing social work for 8 years.

I wish we knew if her phone had been found. In a "normal" case, I think we'd hear about it. this case, no idea what to expect.

I'm sure LE got a warrant for AJ's phone records and has a record of all of her calls and texts. And the phone pings too because they mentioned to WH that AJ's phone was pinging in his hotel room. I'm sure they got records for WH's phone too, but he also had a burner phone and I'm not sure if they can be traced.

I remember seeing a reference to WH being connected to a gang (Bloods?) Does anyone else remember that and know where it was?

Where are all these *others* parents? Do they still live at home or by themselves? Are they all graduated from high school? Do they have jobs? How much of this hanging *together* took place before AJ disappeared? I have many more thoughts and questions I'd like to express, however I can't do it, but I'm hoping others understand what I'm trying to say. It just sends chills down my spine when I think of what could be taking place previously and currently.

Just wanted to give a quick response to this...one of Zach's older blog posts talks about a lot of partying/hanging out at JH & WH's house. Sounds like this was the "party house" and a lot of drinking, possibly more, was allowed. This may be in your same line of thought.

I am going to bed tonight praying that WHOMEVER knows where Anjelica is will speak now, tonight, tomorrow. This has gone on too long now. Someone has the key, the answer to this and I pray that they will be moved to TALK. Whether she is safe and okay, or something else...just let us know. Many of us truly, truly care and want happiness for Anjelica.

Those same symptoms can be attributed to someone under the influence of drugs. Not saying thats the case here or even suggesting it, but it bears mentioning nonetheless.

WH seemed to have the same problems during his interview.

He seemed consistent with the way coke fiends act, it seems to me, especially if they're in a manic or hypo-manic phase of things, all megalomania-cal, self-righteous, restless, incomprehensible, the way they think back and repeat stuff the way they think it should be said based on your reaction, word salady n all. You kind of just let them roll, and then they shut up, and feel sorry for themselves all maudlin, and make self aggrandizing excuses. Yeah, I saw a great deal of that with coke heads.

I saw the "jaw grind." And that's all I'm going to say.

Can you or someone link the video of the interviews at the balloon release? I haven't seen that yet except for the :12 clip.
TIA

Can someone send Jonni McElroy over to the Hadsell house please?

No kidding - I hope she sets up a non-profit to help other families of victims like Christina if she hasn't already.

what bugs me too is JH wanting to keep focus on AJ --- yet she doesn't speak to her, for her, just says shes "safe" and that's it. no emotion, no coordination with public, not grateful for offers of help, etc.

IMO...Everything she says...it's all just words. No emotion.

I'm not going for she has a tranquilizer prescription due to the stress either (cue wtkr leave me alone video). She seems stoic, deer in the headlights (w/ shades on) and emotionless every time I see her speak.

I guess we've come yo expect normal emotional responses. Tears, stress, anguish, distress, pleading, heartbroken, sorrowful, distraught....anything!
Crocodile tears! Something...

Not seeming likely IMO.
:(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After this latest doozie with the "balloon release interview" all I can say is this:

If these tiny glimpses into the cluster*bleep* of how this family behaves and functions is any indicator of who this family really is, I honestly can't blame AJ for saying "screw this", leaving, and never looking back. I mean, we are seeing what they are willing to put on national tv. Imagine what goes on behind closed doors!

If she did cut them loose in an effort to start fresh and knew, could any of us really blame her? Cripes...:banghead:

Very true. I made several posts on the BAJH Facebook and they were all deleted. I did not post anything snarky or rude. Apparently, I asked questions that were not well received and nope not personal questions, not questions that would have to do with this investigation. My questions/comments were all centered around keeping AJ's face and case in the public eye via the media, having someone speaking up for AJ begging for people to please call the police w any info they may have no matter how insignificant they might think it is, etc. They were all deleted. Some were deleted within minutes. I have since stopped posting there. I won't waste my time.

I also made a post that my mother (who does not have a Facebook account) is local and retired and will absolutely volunteer her time for whatever the family says they need help with the most be it: helping with searches, printing fliers at no cost of course, handing out fliers, help with any BAJH supplies such as shirts, bracelets, etc. This post too was deleted. I thought that someone had to mistakenly delete that bc why would they? So, the next day I sent the same message but I sent it via message so that only the person(s) who have access to that page could see it and it has been a little more than a week and no one ever got back to me. Given they truly may not need any volunteers for anything I listed. I just thought it was weird that both my post and my direct message about it were not replied to. Also, another poster here at WS recently said that they too offered to help in various ways and their post was I believe either deleted as well or not responded to.

Things that make you go HMMM...

My mom's response was "Ok, I did my part. I offered." So, now because she's recently retired and has no idea what to do now - she's spending the week volunteering at the local pet shelter. Though my mom would have loved helping in any way with AJ's case. My mom's own sister went missing when she was 7 years old. So, volunteering her time to this cause has always been important to her.

All above is JMO and MOO.
#BringAJHome

Thanks for sharing that info! There have been similar stories from other posters. IMO it just reinforces my belief that the only "support" the family wants is in the form of donations to the account that JH set up or through purchases of the headbands and bracelets. Any offers or suggestions that I've seen on the FB page have been consistently ignored.

ETA: Your mom sounds like the kind of person I'd want in my corner if I ever needed help!

Here is an overview from earlier when u first asked about the case:

Gitana,

This is a really confusing case to try to explain. Several big twist and turns. I will do my best to give a Cliff Notes Version.

Original timeline, given in news article, from JH-the Mom, was that 'everyone' left at 7 am, for work and school, except for AJ. So last seen time was 7 am at home, on March 2nd.

Also, there was a 'strange' text sent to Mom, at 4:30 am, saying " i am not ready to come home yet" but mom did not know for sure if it was AJ.
Mom called in missing report on the 3rd at 9;30 pm.

OKAY. that all seemed solid. And a few asked basic questioned on the BringAJHome FB, set up by the family. Respectful, simple things like, "did she have a car, was it missing, was her father leave at same time, that morning...?" Mom left a curt and even kind of passive/aggressive response, imo. She said it was not anyones business, no one needs to know any of that, and all that anyone needed to do was send out and share the MISSING posters, 'thank you very much.'

The missing posters had Moms cell #, Dad's Cell # and NPD # for any tips. Also, mom got VERY upset when her ex husband began putting up missing posters and offering 25k reward, and put the NPD #. She asked people to go pull them all down because he was interfering with the investigation.

OKAY. That response kind of made people dig a bit deeper. And eventually a few of the questions were answered. It was said that AJ's truck was left in the driveway but she was not home when family members arrived back at the house in the afternoon.

ALRIGHT. Now it began to get shady. A few sleuthers found out that 'dad'--Wesley Hadsell--had a long criminal history. And he had only been married to JH since 20010, 2 months after he was released from prison for the kidnapping/rape of his ex wife, and for a bank robbery that happened while he was on the run with her. And somehow, MAYBY YOU CAN EXPLAIN HOW it could happen, but somehow this felon with a long history, was able to ADOPT AJ when she was 15.

Now by this time, Wes had become the sole family spokesman. He answered the questions on the FB, did the media interviews, and organized the searches. he even was credited with the initial 'clues' and finds.

However, there was a clumsy, hamhanded, couple of days where the timeline was 'clarified' and re-clarified. And after a few awkward attempts, it was explained that actually, 7 am was NOT the last sighting.

Now we were told that Wes met her at lunchtime at a gas station to give her some cash. But no need to worry because 2 neighbors, apparently saw her after that time, driving her red truck home.

You REALLY need to see his interview explaining that new timeline, in order to understand the reason for much of our skepticism. It is hard to explain but he is very 'leaky' and awkward when he tries to explain things.
[ for example he said she 'departed his presence' when she left the gas station. :eek: ]

OK, so now we have a newly revised timeline, placing Wes in a 35 minute 'meeting' in an unnamed gas station, where they did not speak much but stared at each other. <<<HIS WORDS.

And trust me Gitana, from there the entire thing went NUTSO. I think, with my suspicious Scorpio mind, that Wes planted much of the evidence and tried to frame a neighborhood teen.

BBM
Ah, so this is why for the last few years I've identified with all of your opinions on a variety of different cases and why I'm always delighted to find you in a case I'm following. We both are suspicious Scorpios with very suspicious Scorpio minds. :giggle:

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry but that 12 second clip was ... I don't even know how to explain it. It was like a balloon release for the grand opening of a car dealership or the start of a sport season, not a balloon release being done because an 18 year old girl has literally disappeared for a month. People were laughing in the background like it was a joyous occasion. I'm just stunned. I really am.

Fine if JH wants to tell us that she thinks AJ is still "safe." Okay, fine. But she could be living on the streets, in danger, picked up by someone scary. Doesn't she worry about that??

In her interview from yesterday, I think it was, she was saying for people in the community to be more aware, to look in the car next to them at the stop light and look in.... blah, blah, blah.... almost like saying, "You know, if it isn't going out of your way, and you get the chance, and feel the inclination, you know, just peer at other cars in case she's joy-riding around town."

I thought it was odd when she released that photo montage/video with the Nickelback song with the lyrics "It's hard to say it, time to say it --Goodbye, goodbye." Who selects a song like that when a person is MISSING??
Who has a MEMORIAL balloon release for someone who is MISSING??

It's so sad. Are they even searching for her anymore?

They don't know for sure, yet, so I'm not sure what the balloon rally and horn was for other than support for a horn blower?

I was screen capping for different threads, and somehow, didn't even register they were balloons for AJ, and assumed the horn as something honorable, but not at all, as it turns out.

She's not been found yet. Shameful to blow horns for her adoptive dad in jail, tasteless, but that's just me.

Does Virginia have "" or court-appointed special advocates? I don't know if it's something all states do or how it works, other than here in Iowa, an ex co-worker's children were appointed guardian ad litem(s) due to circumstances at home, and the guardian ad litem looked out for the best interest of her children, regardless what the adults involved thought about it or whether the adults wanted it or not, it still happened and that was the best thing that ever happened because the children were removed from the home and the other biological parent (their father) was able then to have full custody.

Yes, Virginia does have (GAL) guardian ad litem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela