VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Happyshoes's
When a person goes missing, don't the police usually go to their house, talk to the mother, look in her room, go thru her diary if there is one, etc.

Referring to my experience noted below in sig; this non profit agency worked cooperatively with NPD.

When a parent contacted NPD to report that their child had left home, an officer would respond to the home (or whatever location had been requested during the call to the police).

The responding officer would gather information for a *missing person report*:

• Name of person believed to be missing, date of birth, home address.
  • Identifying details such as: hair color, eye color, height, weight.
  • Distinguishing marks such as: birth marks & location on body; tattoos & location; piercings & location etc.
  • Hairstyle: short/long; how worn at last sighting and/or normally.
  • Last seen wearing such as; actual clothing, colors, any distinguishing emblem, wording, logo, brand name-top, bottom, shoes, coat/jacket, scarf etc.; jewelry-rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces; head wear-hat, scarf, headband, hairbow etc.
  • Recent photo of individual

Other information gathered:

• Date, time & place of last location individual was seen.
  • Date, time & place of last contact with individual if different from above.
  • Did they take anything with them: clothing, phone, personal items of value or special importance?
  • Name of person filing report, relationship & contact information
  • Do they have a license & access to a vehicle? Is vehicle gone?

All listed above iwas pretty much standard information gathered for the report.

Now, some officers were more detailed and would gather more information.

Such as, noting:

• What occurred at the time individual left, or in *hours* prior to them leaving?
  • Friends, family or other people known by individual in case they might be with them or might go to where they live.
  • Any known regular hangouts

Now, during the discussion with the person filing the report, if the officer was given information that the parent/guardian/caregiver deemed important often this was noted also. Such as, something written in a diary; something in-particular posted to social media; information given parent/guardian/caregiver by the individual's friend(s) etc.

The responding officer would not automatically do any search of the individual's room or request to read a diary etc. Their role when responding to take the report generally was to gather and note pertinent information. No situation is the same, so some of what was gathered would be broader in detail than others.

The report was filed & processed through the NPD, entered into database and dispersed to other systems.

The reports were handled within the detective division. So, any determination as to whether an *investigation* was necessary occurred with them.

The non-profit agency played a very large role in these cases in cooperation with the NPD, but I don't need to go into all that here. If you have any particular questions and I feel that I can offer an answer, I will.

Originally Posted by Happyshoes's
Has this been done? If not, why not?

At this point, the public does not know if any form of a NPD search within the home in Tarrallton has taken place.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I have more that I can offer (only offer) explanation to but I will do that in another post.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

*Please note: I hope that this helps provide a *general idea* of what most likely took place when the officer responded to the home for the report. I am not in any way connected to the case nor was I present at the time that the report was taken. What I've shared above stems from my prior professional experience when I worked at the non profit that provided crisis intervention services to Hampton Roads youth & families and did work in cooperation with NPD.

Huge thanks to Mermy for that information, and bless you for the work you've done!

Does anyone know if WH has had any visitors? I also wonder if he's made any phone calls (since he can't seem to shut up, I'll bet he has!). Thanks to everyone for helpful input, mail and all.

And I just gotta say this to get it off my chest.... yes we need to focus on AJ!! BUT, WE nor the media are the ones that took the focus off her. WH inserted himself front and center, and gave all that conflicting information, and that's what took the focus off AJ! To get the focus back on AJ, someone needs to step up as spokesperson and clarify things, and eliminate WH altogether!

I'm pretty naive about drug use, so please spell it out for me. Are you saying that a credit card might be cut in half along the long side, so that it can be used like a spatula to mix and measure drugs?

The card itself is used to cut a coke line before you snort it. This is only a possible scenario that would place AJ's card in the possession of WH or someone close to him. The cutting it up into pieces part was likely still done to dispose of it or as part of a poorly thought-out evidence-planting scheme.

Maybe AJ felt the best and smartest way of getting rid of WH from their lives was by running away but make it look suspicious with the hopes of him going to jail due to him being a felon who uses drugs and has a gun. If so then her plan worked.
OMG that would be brilliant. And complete. Come home now AJ.

When I just read this, I had a thought:
He made such a big deal about leaving the truck and leaving the ignition key in the mailbox, but not the door key, you know just the ignition key. So what if he left the ignition key and conveeeeeeniently locked the door of the truck. Knowing that she would call and say, "Gee thanks for the truck, but I can't even get in it!" So then he said meet me and I'll get the key to you.
Possible?

I am fairly certain he was referring to the front-door key to the house, not the truck, to imply he no longer had a house key, or that he is not responsible if someone else ended up with one.

Hm. New thought, sorry if already discussed: WH, freshly kicked out but trying to get back in, is confronted about a missing $200 that he spent on coke... maybe they still have access to the same bank account. He claims the withdrawal was for AJ. "Well, I'll have to ask AJ myself," says mom. But before she can, WH acts threateningly towards AJ in some manner, perhaps after she refuses to lie for him.

The way WH was in charge of searches, media, and the forefront person to everything we know then I truly doubt he would have been that scared of jh seeing a missing $200 from a joint account. The vehicles, job and hotel room was his. So if he didn't want to deal with JH then he would have just went to his corner of the world or just told her he used the money to fix the truck. Drug users can lie fairly quickly. Or since he was the main breadwinner; he probably would have said that it's part my money and i do what i want to do with it. Jmo.

Can any of the VI's confirm if Wes was supposed to use another vehicle while AJ used the red truck while she was home. I couldn't imagine he would go a whole week without having a personal vehicle. Could he have switched vehicles when he met up with her. Like parked his work truck at the hotel and got into another vehicle to meet AJ.

Than You for that specific info Mermy. Very Helpful.

I do wonder if the NPD did or did not do quick search of the home, however. In most cases that I can think of here, of missing family members, the arriving cops do a quick, cursory search of the home and surrounding area. They do so because they want to see if there is an obvious crime scene, or an pver looked body, which does happen sometimes. The cops would also be able to see if someone left footprints or evidence of being a peeping Tom or a potential burglar, casing a home. A family member may not notice the same things.

Things we can confirm(updated)
**Prior to March 2, WH is kicked out by JH for resuming drug activity and gets a rental at the MD International on Little Creek (insiders)
1. AJ was last seen by her sisters around 7AM March 2nd. (Zach)
1a. March 2, There was evidence of laundry being folded but not finished. She may have left in a hurry and took a bag with her.(Zach)
1b. Between 1 and 2PM, Witness #1(Wavy) sees her red truck drive by (leaving the neighborhood) (local insiders, Zach)
2. At 2:30PM, little sister arrives home from school, texts AJ (ie "hey where are you") and AJ replies "With Friends ". Her truck is still in the driveway. (Zach/MSM)
3. Sometime between 4:30AM and 5:30AM on March 3rd JH receives a text from AJ that she is OK, just not ready to come home yet. (MSM)
4. At 9:15PM AJ still is not home and no one has heard from her since the text early in the morning. JH reports her missing.(MSM/NAMUS)
5. Sometime on March 4, (C) found a piece of her debit card on Halprin Dr while walking back home from work. WH and U photograph the neighbor holding it.(MSM)
6. Family and friend search the neighborhood on March 6th and find another part of the card(MSM)
7. WH breaks into C's house and claims he found AJ's jacket/hoodie "balled up behind a couch cushion". Locals confirm the police were called to the house. LE did not confirm the jacket as being hers, C's mom says it was the girlfriend's (SM comments, insiders, Zach, MSM).
7. Between March 19 and March 21, police search a 3 mile radius around the Southern Packing Plant off Battlefield in Chesapeake and recover several items believed to belong to AJ. (MSM)
8. Wes is arrested on March 20. Ammunition and a scale with drug residue is recovered from his hotel room. (MSM)
9. WH tells LE they will never find the gun belonging to the ammunition, and admits to increased cocaine use.(MSM - JF report)
10. AJ is still missing without a trace and has not contacted anyone

Extra facts from VIs/sleuthing:
WH drives a work van
The red truck was given to AJ by WH but he was using it while she was at school.
WH has a storage space
WH went fishing prior to the Chesapeake search
WH initiated the Chesapeake search late Thurs the 19th
WH nephew DH owns a white compact car

Please don't hesitate to correct or expand on the above!

I have put the second witness (smoky), the white car, and everything WH tells us about the timeline into the "maybe/speculation" category since they cannot be verified (by us anyway). <modsnip>

Than You for that specific info Mermy. Very Helpful.

I do wonder if the NPD did or did not do quick search of the home, however. In most cases that I can think of here, of missing family members, the arriving cops do a quick, cursory search of the home and surrounding area. They do so because they want to see if there is an obvious crime scene, or an pver looked body, which does happen sometimes. The cops would also be able to see if someone left footprints or evidence of being a peeping Tom or a potential burglar, casing a home. A family member may not notice the same things.

But how soon did WH let them know for the purpose of the report that he lives in a hotel. Did he change rooms at the hotel prior to them searching it? Plus are these seedy hotels where the person in the next room pimps out his wife and smokes more crack then you do. If so; then I think he could have swapped rooms at anytime and LE couldnt check them all.

Things we can confirm(updated)
**Prior to March 2, WH is kicked out by JH for resuming drug activity and gets a rental at the MD International on Little Creek (insiders)
1. AJ was last seen by her sisters around 7AM March 2nd. (Zach)
1a. March 2, There was evidence of laundry being folded but not finished. She may have left in a hurry and took a bag with her.(Zach)
1b. Between 1 and 2PM, Witness #1(Wavy) sees her red truck drive by (leaving the neighborhood) (local insiders, Zach)
2. At 2:30PM, little sister arrives home from school, texts AJ (ie "hey where are you") and AJ replies "With Friends ". Her truck is still in the driveway. (Zach/MSM)
3. Sometime between 4:30AM and 5:30AM on March 3rd JH receives a text from AJ that she is OK, just not ready to come home yet. (MSM)
4. At 9:15PM AJ still is not home and no one has heard from her since the text early in the morning. JH reports her missing.(MSM/NAMUS)
5. Sometime on March 4, (C) found a piece of her debit card on Halprin Dr while walking back home from work. WH and U photograph the neighbor holding it.(MSM)
6. Family and friend search the neighborhood on March 6th and find another part of the card(MSM)
7. WH breaks into C's house and claims he found AJ's jacket/hoodie "balled up behind a couch cushion". Locals confirm the police were called to the house. LE did not confirm the jacket as being hers, C's mom says it was the girlfriend's (SM comments, insiders, Zach, MSM).
7. Between March 19 and March 21, police search a 3 mile radius around the Southern Packing Plant off Battlefield in Chesapeake and recover several items believed to belong to AJ. (MSM)
8. Wes is arrested on March 20. Ammunition and a scale with drug residue is recovered from his hotel room. (MSM)
9. WH tells LE they will never find the gun belonging to the ammunition, and admits to increased cocaine use.(MSM - JF report)
10. AJ is still missing without a trace and has not contacted anyone

Extra facts from VIs/sleuthing:
WH drives a work van
The red truck was given to AJ by WH but he was using it while she was at school.
WH has a storage space
WH went fishing prior to the Chesapeake search
WH initiated the Chesapeake search late Thurs the 19th
WH nephew DH owns a white compact car

Please don't hesitate to correct or expand on the above!

I have put the second witness (smoky), the white car, and everything WH tells us about the timeline into the "maybe/speculation" category since they cannot be verified (by us anyway). Until we have proof or verification of the 7-11 video (beyond WH mentioning LE showed him a video that might have been AJ) we need to treat it as being a "maybe."

Thanks for the great timeline. Very good job.

I do see one potential slight correction above though. IIRC, on number 5, WH was NOT present when the first part of cc was found. He said he was an hr away, but his nephbro was there, to take the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove