Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for this woman, somebody, somewhere , must still love and miss her.

And we certainly do....our dear Christmas Tree Lady!
This woman really touches a cord, partly because of the consideration shown leaving money for cremation and a note, explaining she "died by her own hand." but for her many small personal touches.
Putting up a small Christmas tree was both haunting and touching, but committing suicide whilst listening to a comedy album,
is the ultimate contradiction in terms, imo.

Getting a drama teacher vibe, imo.

It occurs to me that as methodically as she went about ending her life, she probably also meticulously wrapped up all the loose ends of living -- closed bank accounts, terminated leases, etc. Probably told them she was moving, or something, so the people who knew her weren't alarmed and didn't have any mess, figurative or literal, to clean up. Probably there are people wondering, "What ever happened to her? I lost track of her after she moved."

Again, I firmly believe this woman is someone with a health care background........like an RN or Respiratory Therapist, maybe even a physician...........the use of "no code" is a phrase that only those with a longstanding history working in a health care setting would know. Nowadays it's referred to as "DNR" but back 25+ years ago, the expression used to describe a patient who did not wish to be resuscitated was "no code."

Thinking of it now, this woman does seem like a nurse or hospice worker familiar with the concept of dying with dignity, surrounded by personal comforts. imo.

Nurse, medical secretary, doctors wife , or teacher. Those are my guesses!

I've just read about this case. So unbelievably sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nurse, medical secretary, doctors wife , or teacher. Those are my guesses!

I wouldn't rule out a mid-level career civil servant in any of the large Washington DC bureaucracies. For some reason the Pentagon sticks in my mind.

I wouldn't rule out a mid-level career civil servant in any of the large Washington DC bureaucracies. For some reason the Pentagon sticks in my mind.

Do people have to be fingerprinted for that type of job in the Pentagon?

Regardless of her job, I see her as Carbuff described above: methodical, wrapping up loose ends. Maybe the type of woman you'd see at work and say hello to, but nothing more than that. I agree that people probably just thought she moved away when she disappeared.

Hey, did you guys see that Christmas Tree Lady is the current featured case over on the Grateful Doe subreddit? Although maybe some of you are already over there-- :) They've done a really nice job of summarizing everything known about the case in a Google doc--

(I never remember what sites we're allowed to link or not, so I won't...but a quick Google will find the discussion for anyone who's interested)

Hey, did you guys see that Christmas Tree Lady is the current featured case over on the Grateful Doe subreddit? Although maybe some of you are already over there-- :) They've done a really nice job of summarizing everything known about the case in a Google doc--

(I never remember what sites we're allowed to link or not, so I won't...but a quick Google will find the discussion for anyone who's interested)
Thanks for posting the link. Maybe the posters will be able to unearth some new info.
But...a there is better and more comprehensive info on this WS thread. At least right now.

I think of our Christmas tree lady often. I have spent hours and days looking for answers. It's been awhile since I have been on here. Maybe with fresh eyes something new will open up. This poor lady.

Hi all.

I'm -Urbex- over at Reddit, one of the members in the /gratefuldoe sub.

I've been in touch with a few posters on this thread but haven't heard back. Does anyone still have access to the post-mortem photos of our lady? We'd love a chance to see them.

Thanks a lot!
-Elle

I do have one but it was given to me on the qualification that I not give it to anyone else.

Hi all.

I've been in touch with a few posters on this thread but haven't heard back. Does anyone still have access to the post-mortem photos of our lady? We'd love a chance to see them.

Thanks a lot!
-Elle
Hi. Glad to see people working on this case. Maybe you could contact CCM. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi all.

Thanks a lot!
-Elle

How wonderful that our Christmas Tree Lady is getting exposure on Reddit! And :welcome:
I have been told that the rendering of her is very good, and that she should be able to be identified by that. Our resident expert and recreation expert Carl, can weigh in on that.

So glad you joined us! What are your theories on this dear Christmas Tree Lady?
Again, welcome!

I have a photo of her too but was also asked not to make it public. There is a blurry PM pic of her earlier in this thread (I think) and there's one somewhere on the Internet that you can find through Google Images. The artist rendering is a pretty good likeness of her, though. Glad to see that others are also working to ID our Christmas Tree Lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes