Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if there is anybody interested in this case who would like to discuss it tomorrow "on the record" for a radio producer with the Center for Investigative Reporting (a.k.a. Reveal), please join us. We will be having this web sleuth Skype roundtable discussion tomorrow (Tuesday, July 7) at 2pm.

We can use Reveal's Skype account for the discussion. The email address is ike.sriskandarajah@gmail.com. Or full name: Ike Sriskandarajah.

CIR is also interested in getting Websleuth opinions and suggestions on a new and improved version of NamUs so please come and share your ideas at the discussion.

Hope to see you all then!
Pokypuppy67

Hey Guys!

There is a radio journalist who is coming up to Northern Michigan tomorrow to interview me about the Michelle Garvey case, and to get information on my search methods as well as ideas for a new search tool (I think an improved NamUs database).

He would like to get some ideas from some of you as well. His hope is to record some of us solvers workshopping theories about a case and discussing ideas for updates to the new Search Tool. I haven't interacted with any of you on Skype before so I need to figure out how to do that. Can somebody here tell me how? Anyway, this would allow him to gather search ideas from numerous solvers as well as to record us discussing our theories of the case.

I wanted to invite anybody here who wants to to participate in this interview or to provide input about any improvements you would like to see to Namus to join us in this discussion. I'm not sure whether it will happen tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday. I will have to let you know after he gets here and we work out a time. I will post here again to let everyone know when the interview will take place. And feel free to throw out times that will work for you.

I hope to see some of you there! :)

Thanks.
PokyPuppy

I won't be able to make it Poky (at work today) - but I know you'll do us proud! Update us after you're done about how it went. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Ike hit some pretty heavy traffic in Chicago and so currently he is running about an hour and a half behind. Since I'm not sure what time he will get here let's just keep checking the Annandale Doe thread for any updates and be prepared to begin the discussion as soon as we receive word that he is ready.

Thanks,
Pokypuppy67

Okay, if there is anybody interested in this case who would like to discuss it tomorrow "on the record" for a radio producer with the Center for Investigative Reporting (a.k.a. Reveal), please join us. We will be having this web sleuth Skype roundtable discussion tomorrow (Tuesday, July 7) at 2pm.

We can use Reveal's Skype account for the discussion. The email address is ike.sriskandarajah@gmail.com. Or full name: Ike Sriskandarajah.

CIR is also interested in getting Websleuth opinions and suggestions on a new and improved version of NamUs so please come and share your ideas at the discussion.

Hope to see you all then!
Pokypuppy67

Thanks, tschlottman! Doesn't 236 go into Fairfax? Isn't that Little River Turnpike? LOL, it's been years since I was in the area. My brother-in-law & sister in law lived in Annandale and his law office was in Fairfax.

I'm so sorry it's taken me 8 years to respond.

I took it at NVCC and 236 does go into Fairfax, into the heart of the city I believe (I come from 66, not 495). I believe there are houses on either side of NVCC as well as the cemetery. Not sure about apartments. :)

RSBM.

Can y'all confirm the picture you have is the same as the picture posted earlier in the thread:

GRAPHIC, MORGUE PHOTO
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Penicillin-quot-Dec-96&p=8419265#post8419265

I mean, you might have an original and better quality, but is it the same "shot"? Just curious if another pic is out there. Thanks!

I should really put it out there (I'm the one who has a copy of the close-up), but it's a constant inner struggle about respecting Annandale's wishes to remain anonymous. That and "what if a family member sees this." I know it makes no sense because I plastered the imgur album with Lyle's death scene pix all over that thread. Idk - what does anyone think about me releasing the pic I have?

We'll keep the link open so if anyone wants to workshop this case live you can join us anytime UP UNTIL 3:30 ET TODAY! If you have any problems, just call Ike at (608) 628-3148.

Sorry. I've been at work all day and I get zero cell reception in my building.

Personally, I would be afraid of her family seeing the pic too but I think you could privately send it to a solver who has shown an active interest in the case and has requested it. They could conceivably be someone who furthers the case as a result of it. I think you should be the sole distributor of it, though. As long as only o
ne person is tasked with sharing it its distribution can remain limited. As far as her privacy, I get that...but, at the same time, if she killed herself in this manner then she exposed her own death visage to the public, as anybody could have found her. That's just my take on it.

Pokey, will the talk be available on Reveal? I have not been able to find it.

I should really put it out there (I'm the one who has a copy of the close-up), but it's a constant inner struggle about respecting Annandale's wishes to remain anonymous. That and "what if a family member sees this." I know it makes no sense because I plastered the imgur album with Lyle's death scene pix all over that thread. Idk - what does anyone think about me releasing the pic I have?

I have a copy of the close-up too. I've never given it to anybody else. After seeing it I felt like the sketch is close enough that anybody who knew her would recognize her, without the distress of the obvious signs of death.

I vote post it. If it was truly horrific--evisceration or something like that--I'd probably say not to post it. I have seen a picture of the picture and it doesn't look like the composite to me. But those who have the actual picture have made numerous remarks stating the composite is a very good rendition.

The Lyle Stevik pictures didn't bother me. They made me love him, and I think about him often. I would want to see my mom or my sister's postmortem pic, especially if posted on a forum where many people obviously care deeply about their identity and circumstances.

You should do what you are okay with doing. Maybe you could say a little prayer to Annandale Jane and ask her what she thinks about posting.

Actually, we ended up postponing the group discussion. It was so last-minute and we had trouble getting it up and running. I apologize to anybody who tried to get through and couldn't. Ike is planning to contact me when he gets back to California and we'll set up a teleconference at that point. We'll make sure and give plenty of notice and set it for a time when more people can likely attend—either in the evening or possibly on a weekend.

They are interested in recording us as we discuss the Annandale Doe case. I'm not sure when it will air on the radio, though.

They are also intending to design a tool similar to Namus but more advanced and "modern", so they are greatly interested in the feedback of people like us who search the databases frequently and extensively. They want to understand what works well for us and get our suggestions on what would improve or enhance the functionality. They also want to understand our thought processes as we use the search function. They had me walk them step-by-step through my search methods and procedures.

I'll post the information as soon as I have it so that everyone has time to plan for it.

Suggestion for new namus like site. Search missing persons based on location last seen. Like Bob Smith was last seen in Memphis TN on June 10th 1990. So to be able to search for missing people last seen in Memphis in 1990. Or something. I feel it would help with UIDs.

ETA: Bob Smith is fake btw. :)

I would agree with you sharing it with others that are trying to help find who she is. I personally been following this sweet lady for a long while. I have put many hours in looking for answers. I have asked for the pictures a few times but was told no. It kinda makes us that have been here awhile feel untrusted. I wouldn't post it in the open but maybe email or private message. Thanks. Just my opinion.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last post. I truly wasn't meaning too. I was just giving my opinion. I love all of you great people here in websleuths♡♡♡♡♡

My initial thought is that if you post the picture and her family happens to stumble across it and see it...well then, she won't be unidentified any more, and you will have helped accomplish what we're all here for.

I do struggle with the whole, "Is it what she would have wanted?" myself, in general. This case, and Lyle's, and Mary Anderson's, and all the others where someone seems to have gone to great lengths to conceal their identity, while taking great pains to be as thoughtful in the process as possible (leaving money for burial/cremation/the hotel room, etc.). After all, if a legal adult who knows much more about their family and circumstances than I ever will make a conscious decision to remain unidentified after death, who am I to poke around? Don't we all have the right to go out the way we wish as long as we're not hurting anyone? (And yes, it might "hurt" someone to find a dead body in a hotel or cemetery...but then, you could trip and accidentally split your head open on a tombstone and bleed to death, and that wouldn't be pleasant to find, either.) So a lot of times, I think that maybe I should confine my WebSleuthing to the cases where someone is clearly a victim of foul play, or has disappeared not out of choice--you know, the cases where it's clear they didn't choose to die unidentified. But then I come right back here and to the Lori Ruff and Lyle forums, because I'm nosy nosy nosy, and a true mystery drives me up a wall.

So, if we're here, and we're poking into her business anyway, and trying to track down her glasses and figure out where she bought her clothes, might as well post any other photos and info. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say--

Understand the sentiment of not searching for the identity of someone who does not wish to be identified, but..
Someone who commits suicide, is essentially, imo murdering someone, themselves, who- may not quite be themselves at that point in time.
There might be family members left" holding the bag" of a missing person, unable to move on emotionally, financially and legally until that person is declared deceased.
Maybe the suicidal person at that horrible moment felt like and wanted to be, anonymous, but that desire may not be one they would have chosen in a more lucid state.
imo, speculation, hope i made sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member