Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Connie was ever reported missing. Is there DNA on file?

I do believe there is a good chance this UID is Connie.

I assume they'd have to get DNA from surviving family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though the location of the cemetery is suburban, it is not far from D.C. The question of how she might have gotten there led me to a search of Metro's bus routes - this is what I found: served by Metrobus lines 29 C, E (Express Line), G,
H, K, L, N, and X (Express Line). Metrobus-Metrorail
connections are available from the Dunn Loring, Pentagon,
and King Street Metro stations.

So, she could have traveled from the city, or from areas close to the city such as Alexandria or Arlington.

Which means she could have come into DC by train, bus, or plane as well.

So, I have been spending hours researching the life of Elizabeth "Connie" Converse, and wow....just, wow. What an incredible intellect and talent; way ahead of her time. You can listen to some of her songs/recordings on YouTube, and there are several delightful (and vivid) recollections from her younger brother Phil.

There are too many possible connections to just summarily brush this off without a good review:
*The literary ability as evidenced by her suicide note (She was an editor for many years)
*Her hysterectomy scar (our Christmas Tree Lady has a similar scar)
*The Christmas tree - her father was a Baptist minister....strong Christian background. One of her most haunting songs talks about the biblical reference to the "lilies of the fields".
*She had the genius gene that was accompanied by chronic melancholy; it fed her artistic nature
*She loved children (Our Christmas tree lady chose to expire close to the children in the cemetery)
*Our Doe had a ring with 4 jade stones. Representing her parents and 2 brothers?

Connie had a very distinctive nose. There are some terrific pictures of her face front as well as an excellent profile pic. Carl should be able to give us a read on this quickly. As I said, Connie's nose was very distinctive. Our Doe was only 5'0" tall....a shorty. I couldn't find anything that talked about Connie's height. You'd almost think that would be mentioned if she were that short?

This is a very exciting development. I agree with whomever posted just learning about Connie has been tremendously rewarding. I agree. What a truly fascinating and brilliant woman!

Connie - are you our Christmas Tree Lady?

Ok. Just sent a message asking Carl if he can give his trained opinion on the facial resemblance of our Christmas Tree Lady and Connie......

Rosesfromangels, you made a good point about the height. The UID being only 5' tall, if Connie was more than 5'2" or 5'3" we would have to rule her out I think. Most of us tend to lose a couple inches in height as we get older, so I think anyone over about 5'3" in their youth would be too tall. I would love it if a family member joined WS and could tell us more.

I studied her pics online last night and she appears to be on the short side, but 5 feet is pretty tiny.

I think the facial resemblance and the educated, literary quality of the things left behind (except the tapes, which are kind of lowbrow) fit this picture.

I can see a scenario where she lived quietly for 15 years, retired, was all alone, and decided to end it.

Yes, calling Carl, your expertise is much needed!! I hope you will be able to help with this. Thank you so much!!

I have the postmortem photo of the Jane Doe. Even considering that faces change dramatically over that much time, I'm not seeing enough similarity in their noses. Connie has a fairly prominent,and very downward pointing nose, the Jane Doe, not so much.

I have the postmortem photo of the Jane Doe. Even considering that faces change dramatically over that much time, I'm not seeing enough similarity in their noses. Connie has a fairly prominent,and very downward pointing nose, the Jane Doe, not so much.

Nose job? If she didn't want to be found what about plastic surgery? Was plastic surgery around back then??

Is the PM photo available from this WS thread? When I get time I will go thru the pages, but I thought if somebody knew which page it was on I would have a quick look.

People who knew Connie would definitely remember if she was that short. Although, allowing for the passage of time, she could have shrunk a couple inches. My mom swore she had been 5'5" in her youth but in her 60s she was only a little over 5'2".

People are sometimes wrong about height when reporting a missing person, so whenever trying to make a match I allow 2"-3" inches either way. This is because folks routinely think I am about 5'9" (4 inches taller than I actually am) but that's because I nearly always wear heels, so if somebody had to describe me to police I am sure they would get my height wrong. Having said that, if someone is unusually small we tend to remember that about them, so if Connie was short everyone who remembers her would remember her as short even if they got her height off by a couple inches. We know for a fact the height of our UID so her height is going to have to match pretty closely to Connie's for this to be her. Otherwise, I like a lot of the circumstances with this potential match and the recon resembles Connie in my opinion.

A documentary Was recently made or is in the making about Connie Converese. Her brother Philip is stilla live and well and Im sure ge would be curious to find an answer.

Thanks Carl. Yes, Connie's nose is quite unique.
Thanks for taking time to look....

Sigh....are we ever going to identify this lady!?
I'm not giving up.

Thanks again Carl.

Is the PM photo available from this WS thread? When I get time I will go thru the pages, but I thought if somebody knew which page it was on I would have a quick look.

No, it is not available to the public. I got it from someone who had exchanged several emails with the original detective on the case. I emailed it to Carl when I thought JG was a match. I would prefer not to have it circulated anymore.

Actually I was thinking -- Carl, why don't you do a recon using the PM photo? :D

No, it is not available to the public. I got it from someone who had exchanged several emails with the original detective on the case. I emailed it to Carl when I thought JG was a match. I would prefer not to have it circulated anymore.

Thanks, I thought maybe I had missed the photo in this thread. Viewing PMs is sad, it just gives us a more accurate view of how the person looked, sometimes. I have seen some recons that I didn't think looked much like the actual person, but if this one seems pretty close then that should be good enough for us.

I am still hoping this could be Connie because I think it would explain a lot about why our UID has remained unidentified.

I didn't find a photo that was clear enough to let me form an opinion about Connie's nose.

Also, post-mortem photos don't necessarily look like the person looked in life. I went with Mr. Carbuff when he had to identify his mother (she had died at a nursing home with no one present) and I did not recognize her. Even though her face was gaunt and sagging, the nose looked big and puffy.

I don't imagine it will take long to find out whether it's her. And if not, we should look into whether we can start a thread for Connie so we can try to find her.

Also, post-mortem photos don't necessarily look like the person looked in life. I went with Mr. Carbuff when he had to identify his mother (she had died at a nursing home with no one present) and I did not recognize her. Even though her face was gaunt and sagging, the nose looked big and puffy.

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL :(

And yes, you have a good point BUT Carl is pretty spot on with comparisons. I didn't want to believe Annandale wasn't Judith when he told me his opinion on the possibility.

I just wanted to add that there is still a link to the (blurry) morgue photo of Annandale Doe in this thread. I found it via Google image search. It's at post #291. I don't think it adds much in the way of identification, but wanted to put it out there. People should probably avoid viewing if bothered by blood.

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL :(

And yes, you have a good point BUT Carl is pretty spot on with comparisons. I didn't want to believe Annandale wasn't Judith when he told me his opinion on the possibility.

Agree Astridxx,

Carl is pretty infallible in this area of expertise.

Back to square one. Ok. What do we know for sure? She was found alone, in a cemetery by where infants are buried (could her child or grand child be there?). With a Christmas tree. She was listening to funny tapes, not music. Put a bag on her head and "fell a asleep" (don't remember if she took any pills beforehand.) Has a dnr/ no penicillin bracelet which suggests a terminal disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member