VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grandmother of Arieanna Day can't stop thinking of missing infant
Roanoke Police said they are working with other agencies, including the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Virginia State Police, Blacksburg Police Department, Virginia Department of Emergency Management, Blacksburg Volunteer Rescue Squad, Norfolk Southern Railway, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Virginia Search and Rescue Council.
Roanoke Police say the incoming severe weather threat could impact their search efforts.

I really am not understanding this case at all. Maybe I missed the key post that brought this all together. Who did who? Who did what ? Who did it when?

I don't think you are missing anything so much as there is a lot of speculation due to lack of information. Basically Arieanna was reported missing late one night, 1 hour after her mother put her to bed. A man was arrested for "disposal of a body" (assumption: Arieanna's body) and FB sleuths have discerned that the guy arrested is the baby's bio dad. However, the infant's body still hasn't been found.

I don't think you are missing anything so much as there is a lot of speculation due to lack of information. Basically Arieanna was reported missing late one night, 1 hour after her mother put her to bed. A man was arrested for "disposal of a body" (assumption: Arieanna's body) and FB sleuths have discerned that the guy arrested is the baby's bio dad. However, the infant's body still hasn't been found.
Oh! Thanks! This is all clear as a bell now. Carry on!

Yep. He was probably there visiting and just walked out of the house with the baby when no one was looking. The other family members may have been in the back of the house and the stairs in front. "Going to give her a kiss goodnight before I go." Then, "bye" he shouts as he leaves.

1 hour later, baby is gone from crib, police called, family says "we have an idea of who did this' and he shows up while police are investigating, "I don't have her" and now he is arrested to disposing of her body.

He probably said that he got a call from a frantic mom, the baby was dead already and he just disposed of her for mom to cover for her neglect/abuse/whatever.

He admitted to disposing of the body. He doesn't want to tell them where because they will be able to conclude that he killed the child, not mom's negligence/abuse/whatever.

Horrible man. Horrible.

Mom hasn’t been named yet.

I don’t understand why more media outlets aren’t covering poor Arieanna’s disappearance. This is the only new information I can find today.

Quote from video: “Arieanna’s grandmother, Sophia Bryant, told me today that Terry is the baby’s father; police say they cannot confirm this at this point in the investigation.”

Cynthia Beasley on Twitter

“Police have confirmed that Terry does not live at the residence where Arieanna went missing. He is reportedly married and lives in Blacksburg with his wife and children. He attended Blacksburg High School and studied Culinary Arts at Virginia Western Community College.”

“Police spent much of Wednesday at Ballyhack Golf Club in Roanoke County, where Terry worked as an Executive Chef.”

Photos on this post
Missing Pieces Network

“Cline said Terry did not live at the Roanoke address where the child was living.”

Montgomery County arrest related to case of missing 3-month-old Roanoke child, police say

I don’t understand why more media outlets aren’t covering poor Arieanna’s disappearance. This is the only new information I can find today.

Quote from video: “Arieanna’s grandmother, Sophia Bryant, told me today that Terry is the baby’s father; police say they cannot confirm this at this point in the investigation.”

“Police have confirmed that Terry does not live at the residence where Arieanna went missing. He is reportedly married and lives in Blacksburg with his wife and children. He attended Blacksburg High School and studied Culinary Arts at Virginia Western Community College.”

“Police spent much of Wednesday at Ballyhack Golf Club in Roanoke County, where Terry worked as an Executive Chef.”

Photos on this post
Missing Pieces Network

“Cline said Terry did not live at the Roanoke address where the child was living.”

Montgomery County arrest related to case of missing 3-month-old Roanoke child, police say
Lines up with my theory

Photos on this post
Missing Pieces Network

Here's a recipe from chef Terry:
Piedmontese.com | Rosemary & Pumpkin Seed-Crusted Filet With Chipotle Sweet Potato Puree Recipe
IMO the flavor profile is wrong because the meat and both veggies are all too sugar-heavy.
swank-smiley.gif

Seriously though, I don't understand why LE is holding back on naming the mother. For one thing, whether she was aware of Terry taking the baby or not, involved or not, she is the missing child's mother. It sure isn't going to prevent people from snooping anyway. I just find it unusual.

Also, the grandmother saying she's starting a petition against Social Services to allow grandparents the authority to take a child into their custody when needed. Now, she said she had tried to gain custody of "other" grandchildren in the past but doesn't name Arieanna specifically.

I'm having trouble making the connection. Does the grandmother feel Arieanna wasn't safe in her daughter's custody? If so, why? If it's not about Arieanna then it seems like the timing is bad since people will assume Arieanna was in a bad environment.

Argh, I wish LE would release more info.

Does any know the mother's name or think they know the mother's name? I wanted to research her past. I am wondering why the grandmother wanted to take some grandchildren away from their parent's? That is an indication the grandmother was aware of some problem somewhere.

Not allowed to research the past of someone who is not an official person of interest in the case. Mom is considered a victim at the moment
Mom may be a victim but she seems to have hung out with a man of questionable character. Anyone can research public records - that is perfectly legal and so far has been quite informative. My heart, at this time, does go out to the Mom, but I do have many question.

I think there needs to be more media attention to this missing child. The man in jail has quite a past; therefore, can anything he stated be believed? He may be just waiting for the child to die and saying things to throw everyone off track. Perhaps, his family could persuade him to tell the truth now rather than later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back