VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The trial is expected to begin today for the father of a missing Roanoke infant. Arieanna Day went missing last September. Her father, Andrew Terry, says Arienna's mother gave the baby to him, while she was clinging to life. Terry admitted to police he buried the body in the Ellet Community of Montgomery County. He faces charges of concealing a dead body. The trial is expected to last two days. The girl's mother, Jessica Day, claims the girl just disappeared.
What's News Today: September 25, 2019

So far nothing in the station's Twitter feed - WSLS 10 (@wsls) | Twitter

And sure, Arieanna "just disappeared." Happens all the time. :mad:

From the link:
The biggest takeaways from witness testimony so far include:
  • Day called 911 about an hour after the child went missing.
  • Before calling 911, Terry and Day communicated using Facebook messenger and called each other
  • A Facebook message from Day to Terry said, "Are you harming her or setting me up for murder?"
  • Police body camera footage showed that Terry and Day were both calm and showed little emotion when officers arrived the night Arieanna went missing.
  • In the video, officers asked why Terry's pants were wet. He told them it was because he worked as a chef and was doing dishes.
  • When officers searched Terry's car, they found mud inside of it and also found clothes left in the car.

Trial begins for man accused of hiding missing baby's body

Once jurors were selected, the prosecution, led by Cristina Agee, opened by walking jurors through the details of the case.

She called eight witnesses to the stand throughout the day. The first to testify was a teary-eyed woman who said she was the baby's godmother. The woman claimed she saw the baby often in her short life, taking her on the weekends and even overnights at her house. The day Arieanna was reported missing, the woman said she took the baby and Jessica to the WIC office and grocery shopping. The godmother said when she dropped the two back off at the home on Hanover, she kissed the baby, told her she loved her, and prayed that the angels watched over her. She never saw her again.

Other witnesses included several Roanoke Police officers. Officers noted that Arieanna Day's mother, Jessica Day, said she called police to her home to report her daughter missing an hour after she noticed the baby was gone.

Officers also alluded to text conversations between Terry and Day that seemed to indicate a custody dispute, but most of the text messages were not read aloud in court. At least one of the officers reported that Day and Terry appeared calm and unemotional throughout most of the investigation.

Prosecutors noted through their examination of the witnesses that Terry was living "a double life." They confirmed that in addition to a long on-again off-again relationship with Day, Terry was living with his girlfriend of 16 years at a home in Blacksburg with their two children.

Terry at many times throughout the investigation also called into question whether he was actually Arieanna's father.

The night she was reported missing, Terry's clothes were muddy and wet. Originally he told police he slipped and fell while at work. Later his story changed.

Police searched the phones of Terry and Day. They searched the home, as well as Terry's car. Data included messages between Terry and Day, pings off his cell phone and GPS tracking of his car.

In initial interviews with Terry, he told officers he was at Day's on Hanover Avenue during his lunch break. In that time he said he slept with Day and then helped her put Arieanna to bed. During these interviews, he told police he didn't know what happened to the baby. But later, in a recorded interview, Terry can be heard telling police he did know what happened to the baby. He claimed he picked her up from Day's home. He said the baby looked swollen and bloody and wasn't breathing properly. Terry can be heard telling police he drove to Blacksburg with the baby on his lap. The baby stopped breathing along the drive. Then he told police he drove to an area in Blacksburg off Cedar Run Road, where he walked along the railroad tracks and dug a shallow grave for the baby.

Another later interview, recorded on film, was also played for jurors. The godmother of Arieanna buries her face in her hands.

At one point that night, Terry is seen on surveillance video stopping at a gas station in Blacksburg to buy cigarettes and a lighter. But the exact timeline of that night is still unclear.

Terry even led officers to the place he said he buried her. But no DNA or other forensic evidence was ever recovered from the scene.

I hope Justice is given to this precious little baby girl.
My hope is that evidence and truth come in this trial as to what happened to Adieanna. And the person and or persons responsible will never be allowed to harm another child ever again.
So much she/he said with her parents.
My heart goes to Godmother and Adieanna siblings and the people who would of loved to have this precious baby girl.
No baby deserves a criminal burial of being discarded to hide the real COD.
SMH
:(

Judge calls case a 'hot mess,' Andrew Terry trial results in a mistrial

After about four hours of deliberating, the jury could not reach a unanimous verdict.

The judge told them to go back and continue deliberating.

About 15 minutes later, when the jury returned, they still did not have a unanimous verdict and the judge declared a mistrial.

The judge told the attorneys it was up to them about what to do next and that the jurors were dismissed and freed to go.

Andrew Terry walked out of the courthouse a free man

No No No
This is simply horrible.
So now he walks, Mom is free and poor Adieanna is just forgotten and life moves on.
I am in shock.
I am angry.

Yes, horrible!!!!

I must defend LE. They searched hi and low for the body. Closed roads, used drones, volunteers, dogs, every resource available.

I must agree with the Judge...this is a hot mess.

Jmho.... I wonder if he dumped the body at the convenience store trash. Wonder if this was searched or if they had video?

The mother told many stories of what happened and retracted with her suppressed memory.

I don't see a resolution, unfortunately.

Jmo

With this trial being over and the prosecutor declined to set a new trial date, Arieanna has been failed by so many. The "mother" testified to the many other statements being false, put a hole in the wall at the courthouse, not staying around for the verdict and making threatening statements prior to and after the conclusion of this case. My question is why she has never been arrested for anything? It was never confirmed that Andrew Terry was indeed the father and there are two other males that are possible candidates. It has been stated that Andrew and the relative that was questioned, were communicating about living arrangements as a felon, to have a DNA test done to confirm paternity and custody. The clothes were suspected to have been muddy, but detectives stated that it was a brown stain, not tested. If he was working as a cook, could it have been grease? Or dirt from closing? The videos from the restaurant shows that there were no signs of muddy clothing around 9:30p or at the convenience store, six minutes later.

From Andrew Terry's relative, he confessed to burying the child, because of law enforcement was telling him what he did and he went along with it. (They also stated that he was a smartazz, so he would say something stupid and expect others to prove that he was wrong)

I find it hard to put this case together, now that more information has been released and family members on both sides are speaking out. If the timeline was more consistent, true statements of events, and evidence was properly tested, we would know better if Arieanna was alive or deceased. With Jessica Day contacting Andrew Terry's lawyer, refusing to cooperate with authorities, using multiple phones and names on social media and giving false statements without consequences, we may never learn the truth. Jessica's sister hasn't been seen in Virginia since Andrew's first arrest. The so called godmother's testimony also gives me pause, I don't ever say, "angels watch over you" when expecting to see another person again.

I do think people know things and hope their conscience brings them to tell the truth.
This incidence with bio mom and Andrew that awful night Arieanna went missing will not go away.
The Truth is out there.
Justice will prevail in or out of court. Andrews life will never be the same with his guilt. Nor will Jessica's.
I do believe that precious baby girl is no longer on this earth.
And she did not walk out that door disappearing herself.

con·science
/ˈkän(t)SHəns/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
    "he had a guilty conscience about his desires"

Roanoke Police looking for more data from Andrew Terry’s cell phone

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – A search warrant filed this week shows Roanoke City Police are looking to pull more data from the cell phone of Andrew Terry, the man who is accused of concealing the body of his daughter, Arieanna Day.

City Police obtained Terry’s cell phone last September and are requesting an additional search of his phone due to updated cellular forensic technology that could produce information vital to finding Arieanna.

I do think people know things and hope their conscience brings them to tell the truth.
This incidence with bio mom and Andrew that awful night Arieanna went missing will not go away.
The Truth is out there.
Justice will prevail in or out of court. Andrews life will never be the same with his guilt. Nor will Jessica's.
I do believe that precious baby girl is no longer on this earth.
And she did not walk out that door disappearing herself.

con·science
/ˈkän(t)SHəns/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
    "he had a guilty conscience about his desires"
I’m ashamed of myself for forgetting about little Arieanna. I checked on her for months. With no new news, I guess she got replaced with another child victim. When I saw this alert pop up, and I came here to read. My eyes teared up. This is terrible to say ~ but sometimes I hate WS. I want to believe ignorance is bliss. Then I think how selfish that feels when I read what I type. I don’t really hate WS, I love WS. Geez, I hope y’all understand what I’m trying to say.

What is wrong with these people? Why do children get hurt every day; usually by someone who is supposed to care for them? Just strolling through the highlights of trending criminal posts is heartbreaking. So many mistreated people. Abuse seems to be everywhere. Anywhere.

My godgranddaughter is African American. She spent her first weeks in this world at my house with my granddaughter because the mother’s mother would not accept her. Thank God that changed and she is in a loving family relationship. Oh, I’m emotional. This kinda hit me in a certain way. I really want to say thank you to everyone that has kept this baby in their thoughts. And @Steph8angels ~ your post touched me. Thank you. You are a good person. I know this. I just do. ❤️

I think this is the first time we’ve heard from the mother

Mother of missing infant Arieanna Day speaks out
From your link:

Day originally told investigators on September 11, 2018 that she laid Arieanna Day down on a bed and when she went to check on the infant later in the night, the girl was missing. Since then, Day has provided multiple accounts of what happened that evening. At one point, she said she gave Arieanna to Terry on the night the girl vanished. Now, Day says that story was untrue.
Day says her changing stories were from mental health issues and the trauma of having a child go missing.

“I’m getting treated for those. I was scared to come on the media about my baby girl. But this isn’t about me, this is about her. And I want to know where she is,” says Day.

Police once called Day a strong person of interest in the case. Terry is the only person to be charged in connection with the crime.
Mother of missing infant Arieanna Day speaks out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back