GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We need clarification on the exit time of the car from the base. Was it thirty minutes later or later then that? Could she gone to base early to give someone a ride somewhere?
I agree. I read an article from the news that stated later that day the car left.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just wanted to mention that a coworker of mine's son works on JEB. She asked him if he had heard of Ashanti Billie or her missing from the base, and he said no. I'm wondering how much word is getting out on base. I mean if people don't know she's missing how would they know to report something suspicious or something they might have saw but didn't realize it was important to tell.

Has there been any mention of surveillance at the Blimpie's? My hope is that the FBI is just being tight lipped, rather than there being a lack of information.

One item that did not come up in any of the news feeds but was on one of the missing posters. She has a form of epilepsy and is in need of medication. Stress can bring on an epileptic seizure. She's in a new town, going to work AND school. That's stressful. There's always a chance she had such a seizure. Seizures can be short but there is a period after one called the postictal period before a normal level of consciousness and function return that can last for hours. I hope they continue the search around where the car was found in case she simply wandered off while impaired as such.

Best timeline I could come up with.

Monday, Sept. 18 : AB is last seen at 4 am at her Midtown At Town Center apt. on Bonney Rd. in Va. Beach.
Monday, Sept. 18 : Video shows AB's car entering JEB gate 3 at 4:44 am.
Monday, Sept. 18 : Video shows AB's car exiting JEB Gate 3 at 4:47 am. due to an accident on base.
Monday, Sept. 18 : Video shows AB's car entering Gate 1 just before 4:56 am. ID checked by guard.
Monday, Sept. 18 : Video shows AB's car exiting Gate 1 approx. 30 minutes later.
Monday, Sept. 18 : 6am - 6:30 am AB was supposed to open at Blimpies sub shop.
Monday, Sept. 18 : Around 9 am , AB's co-worker, Andrew Estrada calls AB's phone looking for her. The phone is answered by a construction worker who tells Estrada he found the phone in a construction dumpster located on Tally Ho Terrace in Norfolk (just off of Azalea Garden Rd.) Reports here vary. According to the home owner, the construction worker found the phone in the dumpster because it was ringing. According to Estrada, the construction worked said he found the phone in working order and was holding on to it waiting for the owner to call .

Saturday, Sept. 23 : AB's car is found under a street lamp at the end of a cul du sac in the 9500 block of Lakeside Drive in the Ocean View section of Norfolk. The windows are rolled halfway down and it is carelessly parked. According to one neighbor, he spotted the car there Monday morning at 4 am. ( this is inconsistent with the other information we have wrt the timeline of events ).

Thursday, Sept. 28 : Volunteers search the areas of Tally Ho Terrace and Lakeside Drive for clues about what might have happened to Billie.

If you do a google streetview of 9545 Lakeside Drive, you can see the cul de sac and street lamp where her car was located.

Once you get to google street view, her car would have been parked about where you see the van. Notice the wooden fence ? Someone ditching a car could easily walk across the grass beside this fence and end up on D View St. (where you see the light blue house, white house and red house in the background).

Just saying...whoever ditched her car here obviously knew the neighborhood.

NBC announced that hair braids and at least one item of clothing was found in the vicinity of the cell phone. Ashanti was photographed recently wearing some colorful decorate hair braids (possibly the kind that clip in I would think, much cheaper for a student than custom hair color). Items were turned over to investigators. Link to news article: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...g-Virginia-Woman_Washington-DC-448590793.html

Oh no...this doesn't sound good. A female body was found in Charlotte, NC and investigators have asked to family to go to Charlotte, NC from Virginia Beach/Norfolk where they've been staying during the search. :facepalm:

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/family-of-ashanti-billie-heading-to-n-c-after-body-found-behind-church/479641799

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/mycity/norfolk/body-found-in-charlotte-could-be-missing-norfolk-teen-ashanti-billie/479640538

Praying for her family, what a horrible road trip to endure.

Wondering how on earth she might have ended up in Charlotte, NC, I pulled up a map. Straight shot from Charlotte to where her boyfriend was stationed at Fort Jackson. Could she have been offered a ride ?

The route is a popular way taken from Norfolk where her car and phone were found to Charlotte.

Wondering how on earth she might have ended up in Charlotte, NC, I pulled up a map. Straight shot from Charlotte to where her boyfriend was stationed at Fort Jackson. Could she have been offered a ride ?
My heart dropped when I saw that in the news a few minutes ago. I hope it's not Ashanti. But, if it is, could someone at JEB have told her there was an emergency involving her bf and then got in the car with her (under the guise he didn't want her to travel alone under such circumstances)? If that's the case, the person who took Ashanti would have to be familiar with her and her bf.

Family members of a missing college student, who disappeared last week in the Virginia Beach area, await information from authorities about the identity of a body found in North Carolina Friday, a family spokeswoman said.
<snipped> https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...41773cd5a14_story.html?utm_term=.b58d884017f8

Oh no...this doesn't sound good. A female body was found in Charlotte, NC and investigators have asked to family to go to Charlotte, NC from Virginia Beach/Norfolk where they've been staying during the search. :facepalm:

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/family-of-ashanti-billie-heading-to-n-c-after-body-found-behind-church/479641799

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/mycity/norfolk/body-found-in-charlotte-could-be-missing-norfolk-teen-ashanti-billie/479640538

Praying for her family, what a horrible road trip to endure.
Ugh!! This can not be good news.
Most times the family is not really asked to look at a body or to come and confirm it's their missing love one, right?
My heart is hurting for them. I wonder what happened[emoji26]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila