GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if the Blimpies she works at is located where the Navy Exchange is in that building?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There's ALOT I'd like clarification on with respect to this case.

1. Who are her room mates, and why were they up at 4 am to see her leave ?

2. Why did AB leave for work so early. I don't care what anyone says, I grew up here, you don't leave 2-2 1/2 hours early to make a 15 minute drive at 4 am. The traffic is NOT that busy. And that is born out by the fact that she made it onto the base the first time at 4:44 am.

3. How did her car end up on Lakeside Dr. in Ocean View ? Does she know someone who lives on that street, or even on D street just behind Lakeside Dr. ? Is this where she got into a different vehicle with someone, either willingly or forced ?

4. Where are her car keys ? Her pocketbook ? Things she would normally have on her ?

5. I really want to know more about the construction worker who found her phone. Owner says worker found the phone in dumpster because it was ringing. Worker told AB's co-worker he found it in the dumpster and was just holding on to it waiting for someone to call. Which is it ?

6. Who has ties to Charlotte NC, and knows this church where she was dumped ? Killers operate in areas of familiarity, so Lakeside Drive, the AME church in Charlotte , and even Azalea Garden road are common areas to this person. If she was actually abducted from the base, then the base would be familiar to them as well. Contract worker maybe ?

I hadn't heard her hair braids were ditched. Somehow I don't see a man thinking to do that. Someone would have to be very brazen to carjack someone on a base...and given the car was found in VA Beach I don't see that. We haven't heard her calls/texts that am have we? Perhaps she received a call or email while there that made her leave suddenly. I know have sat in my car for some length dealing with calls and emails. Everything was dumped so close...something is very off. Someone went north to va beach then south to nc. Why not dump things along the way?

I hadn't heard her hair braids were ditched. Somehow I don't see a man thinking to do that. Someone would have to be very brazen to carjack someone on a base...and given the car was found in VA Beach I don't see that. We haven't heard her calls/texts that am have we? Perhaps she received a call or email while there that made her leave suddenly. I know have sat in my car for some length dealing with calls and emails. Everything was dumped so close...something is very off. Someone went north to va beach then south to nc. Why not dump things along the way?
BBM
Hair braids were found during a search near the dumpster where her cell phone was found. I don't think they were confirmed to be Ashanti's. I thought I remembered seeing earlier where her mother confirmed they were hers, but can't find anything in MSM stating that now, so I'm not taking it as fact. I'm just saying that if Ashanti disappeared willingly, I could see her ditching her hair braids to change her appearance, so confirmation they're hers wouldn't have convinced me she was abducted. The only items that have been confirmed to be Ashanti's are her car (in Ocean View) and cell phone. I do wish we had some feedback on whether other items found belong to her.

I agree on her cell phone activity. I'm curious whether there were any texts or calls, incoming or outgoing, on her phone that morning before she was missed at work, or even from the preceding night. It is possible she received a call or text about some sort of emergency before arriving at work, but her car wasn't seen leaving base the 2nd time until 30 min after she entered base the 2nd time, and wouldn't she call her work supervisor to let her know she had an emergency and wouldn't be able to open that morning? Investigators state she never arrived at work. I suppose she could have sat in her car talking to the person (hypothetically) reporting an emergency, or trying to contact someone to verify an emergency before leaving to meet up with someone. Just seems like she would notify her employer first, IMO.

Here are specific times given by her roommate and a description of what she was wearing that morning:

One of Billie’s roommates saw her leave the apartment around 4:20 or 4:30 a.m. that day, her mom said. The roommate said Billie was wearing a light-colored hoodie and black leggings with a Victoria’s Secret “Pink” logo on them, and was carrying a bag with her work clothes in it.

Billie typically would change at the shop on days that she had to get there early to do prep work, her mother said.

<snip> https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_9fc78cc7-bb24-5176-88fa-f0df87d05483.html

I'm really curious whether the bag, her work clothes or any of the clothes she was wearing when she left home were articles found during the volunteer search, or if the bag, along with her purse, were found still in her car.

Thanks for all the good info. I mistakenly believed her car had been left at VA Beach but saw it was ocean view. Her phone was dropped close to base and ocean view is close. Both very close to 64. I guess we don't know when her car first spotted after it left. Last report I read was witness said that Sat it had been there a few days. She disappeared on a Mon.

BBM
Hair braids were found during a search near the dumpster where her cell phone was found. I don't think they were confirmed to be Ashanti's. I thought I remembered seeing earlier where her mother confirmed they were hers, but can't find anything in MSM stating that now, so I'm not taking it as fact. I'm just saying that if Ashanti disappeared willingly, I could see her ditching her hair braids to change her appearance, so confirmation they're hers wouldn't have convinced me she was abducted. The only items that have been confirmed to be Ashanti's are her car (in Ocean View) and cell phone. I do wish we had some feedback on whether other items found belong to her.

I agree on her cell phone activity. I'm curious whether there were any texts or calls, incoming or outgoing, on her phone that morning before she was missed at work, or even from the preceding night. It is possible she received a call or text about some sort of emergency before arriving at work, but her car wasn't seen leaving base the 2nd time until 30 min after she entered base the 2nd time, and wouldn't she call her work supervisor to let her know she had an emergency and wouldn't be able to open that morning? Investigators state she never arrived at work. I suppose she could have sat in her car talking to the person (hypothetically) reporting an emergency, or trying to contact someone to verify an emergency before leaving to meet up with someone. Just seems like she would notify her employer first, IMO.

Here are specific times given by her roommate and a description of what she was wearing that morning:

One of Billie&#8217;s roommates saw her leave the apartment around 4:20 or 4:30 a.m. that day, her mom said. The roommate said Billie was wearing a light-colored hoodie and black leggings with a Victoria&#8217;s Secret &#8220;Pink&#8221; logo on them, and was carrying a bag with her work clothes in it.

Billie typically would change at the shop on days that she had to get there early to do prep work, her mother said.

<snip> https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_9fc78cc7-bb24-5176-88fa-f0df87d05483.html

I'm really curious whether the bag, her work clothes or any of the clothes she was wearing when she left home were articles found during the volunteer search, or if the bag, along with her purse, were found still in her car.

Thanks for bringing this article quote forward, I had forgotten that she had intended to change at her work place.

I'm wondering, is it possible Ashanti would also take a shower at her work place before changing into her work outfit? If yes, could something have happened there?

6. Who has ties to Charlotte NC, and knows this church where she was dumped ? Killers operate in areas of familiarity, so Lakeside Drive, the AME church in Charlotte , and even Azalea Garden road are common areas to this person. If she was actually abducted from the base, then the base would be familiar to them as well. Contract worker maybe ?

I'm a Charlotte native and I live about 10 miles or so from this church. It's not very secluded, but pretty wide and on a decent sized lot (for Charlotte). Meaning someone could easily park their car behind it near the dumpster without being noticed. It's really not in the best part of town, but not exactly a crime hub either.

It's also worth noting that it's very close to interstate exits. If someone were driving down i-77, it's definitely plausable that they chose a random exit, then cruised around looking for a quiet place to dispose of the body. They wouldn't have had to drive far.

On another note, and I apologize if this has already been hashed out (I've only skimmed the thread so far), but how do we feel about her arriving to work at the wrong time, interrupting something she shouldn't have? Granted, on a military base? And why all the musical cars? Why not just leave her car parked there if whoever had a ride of their own? This one is a head scratcher!

I do not believe Ashanti was trying to disappear.

We do not know for sure if she even entered the base or entered it alone. Another black female could have used her ID and been driving the car. Anyone could have been hiding in the trunk or back floor of the car. The base did not check out the car or the ID carefully, just perfunctionarily. People do sneak on and off those bases. The roommates' statements need to be examined carefully. It would be helpful to check cameras along Ashanti's route to see if the car indeed went from her apartment to the base

Not sufficient info to come up with limited scenarios. She could have been gone before that fateful day and someone have gone through machinations to make it look like she was still alive.

If she were the one leaving that early to go to work, makes no sense that she did not dress in work clothes and have regular clothes packed and ready to wear when she left work. Who would she be seeing so early in the morning that she would want to be dressed in her regular clothes and have to go through the trouble of changing at work an hour or so later? Having to then fold up regular clothes and change again when she finished work? Makes no sense. .....Unless she was planning to meet up with someone and did not want to be dressed in Blimpies workwear for that meeting. So in my mind, either she left early to meet someone, dressing to do so, or.. that roommate is lying.

For what reason would a young woman be meeting with someone at that time in the morning? The only things that comes to mind to me is blackmail, money exchange or drugs. Too risky she'd say anything or write it down if for something like a job opportunity.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it is a repeat:

FBI confirms body found in North Carolina is missing Virginia Beach woman; Parents make statement

CHARLOTTE, N.C. &#8212; The Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner's Office and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County Police Department announced that the human remains found in Charlotte, North Carolina Friday have been positively identified as Ashanti Billie.
The Norfolk chapter of the FBI was made aware of a woman's body that was found behind a church on Friday
http://www.wral.com/fbi-confirms-bo...-beach-woman-parents-make-statement/16989227/

There's ALOT I'd like clarification on with respect to this case.

1. Who are her room mates, and why were they up at 4 am to see her leave ?

2. Why did AB leave for work so early. I don't care what anyone says, I grew up here, you don't leave 2-2 1/2 hours early to make a 15 minute drive at 4 am. The traffic is NOT that busy. And that is born out by the fact that she made it onto the base the first time at 4:44 am.

3. How did her car end up on Lakeside Dr. in Ocean View ? Does she know someone who lives on that street, or even on D street just behind Lakeside Dr. ? Is this where she got into a different vehicle with someone, either willingly or forced ?

4. Where are her car keys ? Her pocketbook ? Things she would normally have on her ?

5. I really want to know more about the construction worker who found her phone. Owner says worker found the phone in dumpster because it was ringing. Worker told AB's co-worker he found it in the dumpster and was just holding on to it waiting for someone to call. Which is it ?

I just did a podcast on this case, so I have been interviewing people and I have a few sources on base.

1. I tried to interview one of the room mates, but she refused out of respect to the family.
2. Base traffic is absolutely horrible around here. I don't know how long you have been gone, but I have to leave at least at 4 am to get there on time. Traffic was particularly horrible that day.
3. That's the question everyone has.
4. I am waiting for the courts to release the relevant information in regards to that. They aren't releasing it yet.
5. I haven't been able to interview the coworker for clarification on this yet.
6. My biggest question as well. I do think a civilian contractor is possibly involved, or active duty military. There are many bases in Charlotte, so someone stationed there before or even someone from there that has transferred here is what I am thinking.

Wouldn't there be numerous cameras on a military/naval base? Surely they have captured more images of her car than just its going in and out of the main gates(#3 and #1)? One has to think the police have more info than they are sharing with the public. I hope.

According to the source I interviewed: there are no cameras able to record that particular area.

According to the source I interviewed: there are no cameras able to record that particular area.
This is partially in response to your previous post but, do you think this was likely random?

Agree with you about the traffic. I lived in VB in 2009 and it was awful then, so I'm sure it's even worse now.

Whenever I see cases out of VB I sigh, bc I remember in Alexis Murphy's case, and Hannah's, I came across a loooot of crime/missing persons, etc in that area. The crime maps lit up like Christmas trees.

It's a military base -- lots of military personnel, of course. Many of them are 17--25 y/o. And around military bases, there are bars, pool halls, cheap hotels, used car lots, etc. -- nothing wrong with any of that, but there are lots of opportunities for getting into trouble. Also some non-military folks prey on the young soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. I grew up about 45 miles from Ft. Bragg, the largest military base in the US (Population 238,646; area 163,000), and the crime maps there were lit up, too.

I wonder if the guards at the gate have to actually scan her ID when she goes on base. We're military (Coast Guard) and my son is in Security Forces at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. They will actually scan the drivers military ID when we go on to our local Navy base here in CT and they scan our ID's at Langley. I would imagine that whoever was working the gate scanned her ID so they would know exactly when she came through that gate. It's weird that she got there so early ahead of her work schedule. An idea that we could consider is that maybe someone was in the car with her when she came on base. Did any of her room mates see her leave in the morning for work? Could she have maybe not been alone? Maybe someone stayed the night and she was returning them back to base early so they could report to work on time also. Just a random thought or idea.

After 911, the military bases upped security measures to the hilt. Ft. Bragg, NC (Army); Camp LeJeune, Jacksonville, NC (Marines); Seymour Johnson AFB, Goldsboro, NC; and Cherry Point, NC (Marines), installed cameras, high fences, posted new guard areas, etc., etc. Several of those bases used to be open to non-military traffic (anybody could drive through), and that stopped immediately. All guards were armed.

I feel confident that the entry and exit station guards would check anyone in the vehicle, and it would be near-impossible for non-military persons, other than family (they have IDs too), to enter or leave. A good friend of ours is a Marine Colonel -- our neighbor at our condo at the coast -- and he talked about what took place immediately after 911 -- it was very interesting to see how quickly things changed at his Marine base, and they haven't slacked-off at all.

I agree, it is odd that she came on base so early -- it's bothersome, isn't it? Was it something she did on certain days -- special clean-up, or inventory, or delivery to the shop, or what? Someone should know, seems to me. SMH.

Phone thrown in a big dumpster at the corner on a small road, at the corner of Azalea - a main road? Why? It's easy to just wing the phone out the car window into the lake on the main road right there. Maybe more stuff dumped? Or maybe wanted the phone to be found. Evidence is sometimes set out for people to see, but almost like it was hiding, - like a car parked crooked with the windows down. Seems like the criminal has two people inside him - one that wants to get caught and one that's doing the bad stuff.

Body dumped 300 miles away. They passed 1000 spots to get rid of a body forever, but chose a private spot behind a church where it was sure to be found soon. Did they want to say good bye? Pay their last 'respects'. At a sacred place? Someone close. Someone religious.

Why Charlotte? Dad says he has family out there that kinda popped up after she was found. Maybe it was a relative meeting her on base? Someone with a secret she was gonna tell?

As far as getting there early. Dad explained that yesterday, without even being asked. He said he taught her "to be on time, is to be late". Other than that, I don't think the parents talked much about her being so early to work.

Do we really think that the base surveillance footage is THAT grainy? Maybe a low resolution version was shown to the parents and to the public. The FBI stressed to the parents that they COULD NOT see the person/people in the car. Why would they show a low resolution video? Hmm...

This person will get caught. And their probably reading this right now. To them I would say that they can NEVER run from the truth, and as much as it hurts at first - the truth ultimately sets us free. The community NEEDS to know if there is a killer waiting for another girl. Tell the truth. Get it off your chest, cause it will only get heavier and heavier.............

the early hour she rose and left has never bothered me. 4am seems par for military folks to rise, and her nuclear family has that background. (My partner, who has been out of the Navy for over 20 years, still wakes at 4:15am every day. Ugh.) And if Ashanti usually changed into her uniform AT WORK (vs. coming in to work dressed in her uniform) and came in early to prep (they serve bfast there now, so prep is early I assume) then the early departure seemed realistic to me and not a red flag at all.

I am far more concerned with the specific area she was found in. That is the biggest mystery to me.

Perspective. We all have different ones.

IF the braids found near the car are Ashanti's it's possible that, rather than remove them to change her appearance, they were removed so someone could look like her. They're quite distinctive with the colours. I recall reading that security exiting the base is more hit-and-miss than the stringent checks going in. Just a thought.

the early hour she rose and left has never bothered me. 4am seems par for military folks to rise, and her nuclear family has that background. (My partner, who has been out of the Navy for over 20 years, still wakes at 4:15am every day. Ugh.) And if Ashanti usually changed into her uniform AT WORK (vs. coming in to work dressed in her uniform) and came in early to prep (they serve bfast there now, so prep is early I assume) then the early departure seemed realistic to me and not a red flag at all.

I am far more concerned with the specific area she was found in. That is the biggest mystery to me.

Perspective. We all have different ones.

The crime became unusual when she was found so far away IMO. The rest of it was a pretty typical scenario.

I just get the feeling that whoever killed Ashanti knew her and she knew him/her. I think the murderer is close to her, in meaning her circle of friends and acquaintances, co-workers etc.

Something drew her out of her home earlier than usual. A call from a friend for help? A co-worker telling her that she needed to go in earlier because they couldn't make it?

Have we heard anything from Ashanti's boyfriend? I thought I read that she had a boyfriend.

Who saw her last? The roommate that saw her leave at 4:00 am?

A lot of questions about this one.

MOO

I just did a podcast on this case, so I have been interviewing people and I have a few sources on base.

1. I tried to interview one of the room mates, but she refused out of respect to the family.
2. Base traffic is absolutely horrible around here. I don't know how long you have been gone, but I have to leave at least at 4 am to get there on time. Traffic was particularly horrible that day.
3. That's the question everyone has.
4. I am waiting for the courts to release the relevant information in regards to that. They aren't releasing it yet.
5. I haven't been able to interview the coworker for clarification on this yet.
6. My biggest question as well. I do think a civilian contractor is possibly involved, or active duty military. There are many bases in Charlotte, so someone stationed there before or even someone from there that has transferred here is what I am thinking.

So this means either they have evidence for an arrest or evidence for search warrants?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back